Melbourne, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Judged:

Im supporting new conservative opponents, conservative meaning someone with knowledge, leadership skills, Management skills.. Meaning you know what your job is and dont need to be told by someone UNELECTED what to do or what not to do. I want my Quorum Court and City Council in charge, taking charge as a TEAM, not being told what to do by some 3 piece suit or a skirt. LEAD! manage the peoples money period in effective way, effective meaning we the people see it happening, see it being reported, see hope for our community. Otherwise we keep the same OLD FAMILY TIES serving no one but themselves. I will be watching and Vetting and asking tough questions. If you dont have an opponent then you sure need to be questioned in a public forum or town hall, meeting other ....Gosh this is such a broken record,

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

High tax bracket wrote:
Im supporting new conservative opponents, conservative meaning someone with knowledge, leadership skills, Management skills.. Meaning you know what your job is and dont need to be told by someone UNELECTED what to do or what not to do. I want my Quorum Court and City Council in charge, taking charge as a TEAM, not being told what to do by some 3 piece suit or a skirt. LEAD! manage the peoples money period in effective way, effective meaning we the people see it happening, see it being reported, see hope for our community. Otherwise we keep the same OLD FAMILY TIES serving no one but themselves. I will be watching and Vetting and asking tough questions. If you dont have an opponent then you sure need to be questioned in a public forum or town hall, meeting other ....Gosh this is such a broken record,
I agree wholeheartedly. When you mentioned leadership and management skills, many people don't know the difference. Both are important and should be applied in most, if not all, situations. Everyone should thoroughly vet candidates about their capabilities and knowledge. Elected officials should always remind themselves of the fact: "Of the people, by the people, and for the people" applies to them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

"Of The people , by the people and for the people" Yes!

I have heard

"You may be elected by the people but that does not mean you do the peoples will"

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

A great example of "NOT following the will of the people"...
Although the voters of the City of Pocahontas REJECTED the council choice of ambulance service, the city council basically ignored that result, and chose the rejected ambulance service for a second time, how do you like them apples?
Time for Change

Holly Grove, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

Does the Court house employees take classes on how to be rude and snotty and take there good sweet time to do something and I just love how they can role there eyes that is my opinion

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

Time for Change wrote:
Does the Court house employees take classes on how to be rude and snotty and take there good sweet time to do something and I just love how they can role there eyes that is my opinion
The employees at the RC Courthouse have always had an attitude. I have never like having to go there to take care of business.

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

Its a trickle down effect from Washington, once they get into office they forget who pays their salary.
Time for change

Holly Grove, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

March 3 2014 is deadline to sign up to run for those high paying jobs at the court house, please run and help R C get straighten out and balance a budget , besides wining for a raise.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

Where is the computer modernization that was ballyhooed and promised ... do all ur people have modern computers so they can play on high speed internet? Is that all there is to it? Looks like some new management is needed.
Time for change

Holly Grove, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

Is Facebook and Topix blocked from court house employees or does tax payers have to pay them to entertain there selves ?????????
JOANN

Holly Grove, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

High tax bracket wrote:
Working on the line at SKILL is the only education I have heard about so far, correct me if I'm wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Judged:

In 2013 Randolph County was #2 out of 27 Class two counties for pay scale on elected officials.

Our county has not balance our budget within our revenues in years.

Yet salary increase continues

Wiseup

Holly Grove, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Candidates its time to sign up for those high paying elected offices starting Feb. 24-2014 thru Mar. 3-2014 we need a change to help the county get back in shape and balance a budget and save our Hospital and repeal the pool tax .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2014

Judged:

We will have a few races in the local Democrat primary.
County Clerk....Justice of the Peace... Several Constable running this year.

There were people going to run for Treasurer and Circuit Clerk and backed out the last Minute.

This Court House is not the Democrat Court House or The Republican Court House. It is the People's Court House and the one who Holds any elected position now or in the future needs to know and accept that.

Hmmm

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text> The first thing that is wrong with the county government is the automatic 3.5% yearly salary increase which is way above the cost of living.
Social Security cost of living increases have been around 1.5 % or even less.
Since the county can not even balance their budget, wouldn't it be nice if the Q court finally got down to earth and stopped this automatic pay increase?
A raise of 3.5% actually brings home about $15 -$28 actual dollars per month for most of the road department workers. You think that is way above the cost of living increase? You are uninformed. With increases in taxes, insurance, health insurance, gasoline, electricity, propane, water, food cost, are you kidding me? At least when you are on social security you are hopefully not trying to raise a family at poverty level.
Hmmm

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

Judged:

Time for change wrote:
Is Facebook and Topix blocked from court house employees or does tax payers have to pay them to entertain there selves ?????????
Facebook is alive and well at the County Treasurer's office. Saw it for myself. They have time to be rude, though.
gypsie rose

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Facebook is alive and well at the County Treasurer's office. Saw it for myself. They have time to be rude, though.
maw don't like to be hateful but they are rudey tootie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Public Elected Officials Information 24 min randolph county news 31
Missing Pocahontas woman found safe in Mississippi 48 min Guest 46
Hospital Tax 1 hr to pass it 37
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr guest 29,059
Guy at the Legion 2 hr omg 4
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 6 hr whiskers 9,792
Tim bagwell???? 7 hr Hmm 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE