TIME FOR CHANGE

Gore Springs, MS

#81 Feb 8, 2014
Guest wrote:
Lets not act like the QC are a bunch of do-gooders for the county. A few did not care about anything that happened as long as they voted to keep the insurance offered to them. It is an "option" and they chose not to do away with that. How hard is it to show up to a monthly meeting? Just a couple that I know have the county's best interests in mind. It isn't like they have gotten a raise every year. They just did this year. That surely helped a few of them who are making under 9$ an hour in this town. Don't blame county officials for wanting more money, don't we all? QC is in charge of the voting, do something about getting their positions ousted and replaced with people who actually give a crap about this county.
Only a elected official would have wrote this and its good to see you read and type on TOPIX and thinks for bashing our Q C and is the 2 good one"s the ones you rub all over on { I wish more tax payers would go to Q C meetings }

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#82 Feb 8, 2014
The county employees have received a raise every year But ONE and that year instead of a raise they all received a 750,00 dollar bonus.

True the County does not have to offer the QC insurance
Same is true the County by law does not have to offer the family plan.

Do away with one why not the other?

The county had a chance to help the employees on the lower pay scale this year and we all know why that did not happen.
High tax bracket

Brockwell, AR

#83 Feb 8, 2014
TIME FOR CHANGE wrote:
Anyone running for Circuit Clerk your deadline is Mar. 3-2014
I thought about tax assessor one year....What is filing fee for Circuit Clerk?
TIME FOR CHANGE

Gore Springs, MS

#84 Feb 8, 2014
High tax bracket wrote:
<quoted text> I thought about tax assessor one year....What is filing fee for Circuit Clerk?
Please run , because Randolph Co needs a change and it sounds like you can get a lot of support. My opinion that Wise is been there to long also she seems to make things good for her self and not for tax payers.

Jonesboro, AR

#85 Feb 8, 2014
Hey Karen you are doing a good job thanks for making us more aware of our county government . When can we expect the Randolph County News Website

Jonesboro, AR

#86 Feb 8, 2014
When will you be launching Randolph County news website

Location hidden

#87 Feb 8, 2014
randolph county news wrote:
<quoted text>
I have started several Threads only to have them removed. I to wish all the mudslinging would stop and public information can continue .
Our local paper should be printing this info I should not have to post it on topix.
There is nothing wrong with posting your information here. Topix is a social site that allows people to air opinions private and public. Thread contents are newsworthy either in a positive or negative way, depending on the character of people who post comments. Everyone should be aware, regardless of your anonymous names, you are responsible for the content of comments you make. Topix is a good substitute for local Newspapers, Radio, Televison, and other media. Some people think Topix is beneath them. It is not! Abusers taint information and distort threads by re-directing the subjects to meet their personal needs. I believe Topix opens eyes of the public while being a free medium. IT SHOULD BE EXPLOITED to spread good information to our citizens. Keep it informative, clean, and fresh!
missing employees

Jonesboro, AR

#88 Feb 8, 2014
courthouse employees and BRAD have been known for decades of being absent doing deliveries, inspections, etc. sometimes for days on end. Any other employee would be fired but if you get on there you just do not get fired no matter what you do or fail to do. When is the QC going to demand the tax payers get their employees to do jobs they are supposed to do. We need new auditing of ALL county offices asap before changes are entered. Why does not our QC at try to show us they really care about us and not the salary and insurance furnished by us.

Mountain Home, AR

#89 Feb 8, 2014
Why do the offices in the court houses need so many employees in each office? Anytime that I'm in there over half of them are just sitting there talking. The tax collectors has been one person short fort the last 5 months. Looks like they made it just fine without with 3 people so why hire someone? Will Debbie fill the position that she now has in her office? That would be around $60,000 counting what is paid for the health insurance not too mention the cost of living each year. If the collectors office gets busy during tax time move someone from a different office to help out until it slows down. They could learn to multitask and save the tax dollars for something that is really needed.

Where is all of the tax money going to go from all of the chicken houses. The personal property tax on 4 houses in the Pocahontas school district will be about $6,500 and just how many houses are going to be in the county??? I know most will go to the schools which I don't have any problem with. Maybe the teachers will get the raises that they deserve. Will the rest be given to the county employees for a cost of living raise? Why not put it back into the hospital fund that they keep taking out of for anything and everything?

Jonesboro, AR

#91 Feb 9, 2014
I would guess to answer phones, receive faxes, cover for lunches without having to shut down, cover vacation/sick time and/or maternity/paternity leave, keep all records up to date at all times due to the importance of it, cover when employees must be out the office for state mandatory training for positions, etc. It is a feast or famine job. During the busiest times of the year, you can't do it with less. During the others, you are playing catch up on paper work I am sure. I work a similar job to that. People won't stay if it is just part-time or seasonal and it becomes high-turnover and/or under-trained positions. I am sure they talk as they do computer work, multitasking. It would be rediculous to expect someone not to talk in that environment. You referred to moving someone to "multi-task". You are actually meaning move someone and have them "cross-trained" to be able to handle 2 departments. This is not a bad idea, but are you going to pay them according to their ability to work in either department? Please realize that the workers and departments are surely wanting everything they can, that is their mentality for their families. It is the people voting that make the decisions though. If you are unhappy with the decisions being made, change the people who have say-so over it.
rick

Edwardsville, IL

#92 Feb 9, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text> The first thing that is wrong with the county government is the automatic 3.5% yearly salary increase which is way above the cost of living.
Social Security cost of living increases have been around 1.5 % or even less.
Since the county can not even balance their budget, wouldn't it be nice if the Q court finally got down to earth and stopped this automatic pay increase?
You're right about Social Security only being 1.5 %. That does not even begin to cover the cost of inflation each year. A lot of older people are having to get assistance from other sources that never asked for help before and it's demeaning to them to ask for help.

Bexar, AR

#93 Feb 9, 2014
Cord is a nice guy but does not have the experience or education to perform the duties of any of the county offices.
TIME FOR CHANGE

Gore Springs, MS

#94 Feb 9, 2014
Guest wrote:
Cord is a nice guy but does not have the experience or education to perform the duties of any of the county offices.
Please tell me what elected official has a college degree ,and please reply with facts.

United States

#95 Feb 9, 2014
TIME FOR CHANGE wrote:
<quoted text> Please tell me what elected official has a college degree ,and please reply with facts.
What does a college degree have to do with anything? What we need is common sense and good judgement.
TIME FOR CHANGE

Gore Springs, MS

#96 Feb 10, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a college degree have to do with anything? What we need is common sense and good judgement.
Your old school ,times have change

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#97 Feb 10, 2014
Old School??? Here is an example of old school. Randolph county population hasn't grown that much in 30 years and every office in the courthouse has doubled its workers and yet it takes 4 times as long to get anything done there. In the pre computer days one person handled your business and got you out the door, now they want to be like Washington and make a big job out of every deal which ends up not being done right and has to redone and takes forever. And don't ever dare to go into any office there while they are chatting between themselves...
NEW SCHOOL

Gore Springs, MS

#98 Feb 10, 2014
Guest wrote:
Old School??? Here is an example of old school. Randolph county population hasn't grown that much in 30 years and every office in the courthouse has doubled its workers and yet it takes 4 times as long to get anything done there. In the pre computer days one person handled your business and got you out the door, now they want to be like Washington and make a big job out of every deal which ends up not being done right and has to redone and takes forever. And don't ever dare to go into any office there while they are chatting between themselves...
I agree

United States

#99 Feb 10, 2014
Guest wrote:
Amen!

Location hidden

#100 Feb 10, 2014
1. Knowledge is power. Information is the drink. Government is on a power binge.

2. Don't forget, every time local government gets a grant, it comes with mandates.

3. Times do change and so do administrative requirements. It is a snowball effect. More, more, more comes through the door.

4. Power corrupts!

5. A balance must be made between (Service and Remuneration).

United States

#101 Feb 10, 2014
Guest wrote:
TRUE!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get on board 37 min Cat 9
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Puppymonkeybaby 42,941
rent one 15 hr J dub 5
Japanese restaurant in Pocahontas Tue LammaPants 5
Handyman Apr 22 Herman Suhl 5
Home for rent Apr 22 Bullcrap 3
Best Body Shops Apr 21 Herman Suhl 15

Pocahontas Jobs

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages