First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#1 Feb 6, 2014
The county has a 3.5% salary increase ordinance Elected Official receive an extra 250.00 every 3-6-9 etc for their service.This year it cost 110 thousand for the salary increase..( The County has not balance the budget in years within their revenues )

Carl Wells asked the QC to share the salary increase equal among all county employees. His Reason was to bring the ones making less up on the pay scale.

Debbie Wise said that would not be fair. That she has an employee who has been with her almost 14 years and it would not be fair to her. Keith Sutton supported Debbie Wise and said a 2 year employee should not receive the same amount as a employee with 10 years. The court asked for a Voice Vote and Carl Wells request did not pass.
why not

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Feb 6, 2014
why does our county QC not combine sheriff & collector and the circuit & county like SO MANY other More progressive counties are going to save not only tax money but have more to take of much needed repairs to county roads and bridges. This would save utility bills at the court house and save us the double years of additional retirement on the employees. Our county would save hundreds of thousands of dollars annually ONLY if the QC would do as other counties have to save them money. The Lawrence Co. sheriff has done many ideas we sorely need to incorporate to help our citizens. We NEED many things to actually begin to get what we have paying for all these years. The GRAVY TRAIN IS OVER!!!!
In the Know

Memphis, TN

#3 Feb 6, 2014
The county sure don't like these threads do they?

United States

#4 Feb 6, 2014
In the Know wrote:
where else would we get any news?

Location hidden

#7 Feb 6, 2014
There are 27 class two counties ( Randolph County being one)
17 out of 27 have combine offices. Eight which are comparable in population to Randolph County.

Arkansas.......19,019.......Sh eriff/Collector.....40,472.00

Clay..........16,083......Sher iff/Collector......37,356.00

Drew..........18,509......Sher iff/Collector......40,557.00

Grant..........17,853......She riff/Collector......50,139.00

..........County/Circuit...... ...44,202.00

Marion..........16,653.......C ounty/Circuit.........39,400.0 0

Sevier..........17,058.......C ounty/Circuit.........49,098.0 0

Sharp..........17,264.......Co unty/Circuit........39,300.00

Van Buren......17,295.......County /Circuit........48,193.00
Taxpayer

United States

#8 Feb 6, 2014
All information I have ever gotten has been from Karen Ward, she searches the information and reports it to us and I appreciate her hard work to keep us in the know.
Chuck

Mountain Home, AR

#9 Feb 6, 2014
randolph county news wrote:
The county has a 3.5% salary increase ordinance Elected Official receive an extra 250.00 every 3-6-9 etc for their service.This year it cost 110 thousand for the salary increase..( The County has not balance the budget in years within their revenues )
Carl Wells asked the QC to share the salary increase equal among all county employees. His Reason was to bring the ones making less up on the pay scale.
Debbie Wise said that would not be fair. That she has an employee who has been with her almost 14 years and it would not be fair to her. Keith Sutton supported Debbie Wise and said a 2 year employee should not receive the same amount as a employee with 10 years. The court asked for a Voice Vote and Carl Wells request did not pass.
The first thing that is wrong with the county government is the automatic 3.5% yearly salary increase which is way above the cost of living.
Social Security cost of living increases have been around 1.5 % or even less.
Since the county can not even balance their budget, wouldn't it be nice if the Q court finally got down to earth and stopped this automatic pay increase?
TIME FOR CHANGE

Gore Springs, MS

#11 Feb 6, 2014
In the Know wrote:
Randolph County needs a newspaper to report the public record so all tax payers will know what is happening .
TIME FOR CHANGE

Gore Springs, MS

#13 Feb 6, 2014
Go VOTE Debbie Wise out of office Nov. 4

Location hidden

#14 Feb 6, 2014
Carl Wells wanted to repeal the 3.5% ordinance but did not have the votes to get it done.

Maybe we need to vote in JP's that will help him get the job done when trying to get the county out of the red and into the black.

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Feb 6, 2014
Cord Rapert is running for County Clerk. Lets all get out and support him.
Glad

Memphis, TN

#16 Feb 6, 2014
guest wrote:
Glad to hear this! Best of luck to him. Out with the old.
Hmmm

Memphis, TN

#17 Feb 6, 2014
guest wrote:
He should've won last time. Hope people of Randolph county see how important it is to elect competent people.

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Feb 6, 2014
We need educated people. That's why I am supporting Cord all the way!!!!!!
voter

United States

#20 Feb 6, 2014
guest wrote:
He's a joke. Ask almost anyone that has worked with him.
Yes

Memphis, TN

#21 Feb 6, 2014
guest wrote:
Cord will do an excellent job! Can't wait to help him.
Who should we ask

Memphis, TN

#22 Feb 6, 2014
voter wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a joke. Ask almost anyone that has worked with him.
Who should we ask?

Jonesboro, AR

#24 Feb 6, 2014
Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Cord will do an excellent job! Can't wait to help him.
You for sure will support him, Wanda. Popcorn movie buddies.

Location hidden

#25 Feb 6, 2014
I hope the interest in our local government continues!
voter

United States

#26 Feb 6, 2014
Who should we ask wrote:
<quoted text>
Who should we ask?
I'd start with ole Martha Shoffner. He helped run her campaign and worked in her office. Look where she's at right now. Do we really want MORE of that kind of politics in the county? Don't you think it's bad enough already?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 53 min Reality Check 34,442
LESTER McCain 5 hr Mary Roe 2
Christine Tribble 6 hr Mary Roe 12
Jan clark Richardson 13 hr Ghost 1
power of freedom ministries inc. (Sep '10) 16 hr Another 9
Victoria and billy Fri Unknown 2
Unsolved murders in Randolph County (Mar '09) Fri MIKE LINDELL 128

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance