Mayor of Pocahontas?
I love Fox News

Cherokee Village, AR

#21 Mar 19, 2012
truth be known wrote:
why does biggers only want to do 1 term? that in itself sounds fishy to me. he obviously dont care to much for the kids of the community tearing down the skateboard park. hes also changed the hours at the community center. closes at 4 instead of 4:30 so kids dont really have time to come after school. he outright LIED about the skatepark. first he said it was tore down due to vandleism, then it was because they were too loud for the campers, now he says he did it to build a bigger & better one in the future. he dont know who tore the bathrooms up. no one is ever camping down there so i dont think that was a problem. now its to build a bigger better one. thats about the biggest crock of bull i've ever heard. the city budget is so tight right now, according to the mayor & his secretery, that they are cutting corners on things u wouldnt think could be cut anymore. dont let him get away with all his crap talk & backtrackin when he gets his ass in a sling. guess he thought he could do whatever he wanted & no one would say anything.
You can bet it was because of the vandalism. I don't much blame him. If the skateboarders want a place to play they should take care of it.
tea lover

Jonesboro, AR

#22 Mar 19, 2012
Tackmaster for Mayor, He seems to have all the answers.
voter

Cabot, AR

#23 Mar 19, 2012
I love Fox News wrote:
<quoted text>You can bet it was because of the vandalism. I don't much blame him. If the skateboarders want a place to play they should take care of it.
What proof do you have that it was the skateboarders? There are several people that have been down there, it could have been any of them. Including campers and any other citizen of Pocahontas or the surrounding areas.
well

Violet Hill, AR

#24 Mar 19, 2012
biggers is a republican.
Rambo

Ash Flat, AR

#25 Mar 20, 2012
voter wrote:
<quoted text>
What proof do you have that it was the skateboarders? There are several people that have been down there, it could have been any of them. Including campers and any other citizen of Pocahontas or the surrounding areas.
You're right. I just said that was the reason. Sorry.
Chuckem

El Dorado, AR

#26 Mar 20, 2012
too much chucking trash talk and this is a chucking dead town so don't be prickcockpeckerdong and go to the nasty john.
vote

Fort Worth, TX

#27 Mar 20, 2012
well wrote:
biggers is a republican.
Maybe he is, but he was recruited by and ran as a Democrat for Mayor.
well

Violet Hill, AR

#28 Mar 22, 2012
I dont no what he is -,but his political donations,went to republicans,does that tell you anything.yes it shows you he is intellegent.
fo sure

Cherokee Village, AR

#29 Mar 22, 2012
vote wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he is, but he was recruited by and ran as a Democrat for Mayor.
and annexed into the city just before announcing his run for mayor.
they say

Violet Hill, AR

#30 Mar 22, 2012
fo sure wrote:
<quoted text>and annexed into the city just before announcing his run for mayor.
what does being annexed,into the city have to do with,him being a republican,maybe you explain that.
no chance

Jonesboro, AR

#31 Mar 22, 2012
they say wrote:
<quoted text>what does being annexed,into the city have to do with,him being a republican,maybe you explain that.
Please not Pat Johnson!!!!!!!!
fo sure

Cherokee Village, AR

#32 Mar 22, 2012
they say wrote:
<quoted text>what does being annexed,into the city have to do with,him being a republican,maybe you explain that.
not a thing. just affirming the council and some d's wanted him to run and ok'd the change. they'll cross party lines in a heartbeat if given a good reason or the right person is running. many r's have run as d's to win local elections. parties have much less positive meaning and pull with local votors these days. deep down there are a lot of closet r's around here.

imo yellow dogs have about died off. and the deceased ones are rolling in their grave at what their old party has become and now supports.
fo sure

Violet Hill, AR

#33 Mar 23, 2012
The democrats have pushed out many in their party,especialy in ark.as well a locally,not that they wanted to change,but feel as though they can no longer support,the liberal things,and anti-christian value's the party pushing on them.
they say

Violet Hill, AR

#34 Mar 23, 2012
Imust admit i didn't vote dem, the last time its was someting,i couldn't do,i thought about it a long time,and come to the conclusion,that it was the party that left me,not me leaving the party,i voted republican,i must say i am very pleased that i did.
they say

Violet Hill, AR

#35 Mar 23, 2012
voter wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all we have had is Democrats for mayors..and personally I think it's time for a change.
I dont know how many people, will admit it,but i think many people feel the same as you.
Tackmaster

Cherokee Village, AR

#36 Mar 24, 2012
Arkansas has left the Demacrat Party. Arkansas will most likely vote Republican this time around. Greed, corruption, lies, and all that has come to a head. Its showing, its effecting lives. its time for folks to wake up and pay attention, plus keep the powder dry. TEA
hope

Violet Hill, AR

#37 Mar 25, 2012
wonder wrote:
It's still a couple of years away, but since Mayor Frank Bigger has stated many times that he is not interested in running for a 2nd term, I was wondering who might be in the running to replace him? We are in desperate need of new leadership in Pocahontas and it is my desire that we replace Mayor Bigger with someone who is qualified to run a city and can bring us into the 21st century.
it's going to take jobs,jobs,jobs and they aren't comming,here obama has shut down place's like this,so if you want to work pack a bag,this place is over.look at the people that have left,or make their living somewhere else,dont sit and cry pack a bag if you want a job.
hope

Violet Hill, AR

#38 Mar 25, 2012
vote wrote:
Some of the people who may run are Wayne Broadway or Pat Johnson. Both of them were talked about as potential candidates in 2010. I personally don't think either of them would be interested in the position though. Other people may include any of the current city council members or jps living in the city. I have also heard Keith Sloan's name mentioned a few times. Whoever it is I hope they are ready to move the city forward.
you guys must be kidding,changing the mayor,is going to help this place.what's a mayor to do,aahhh bring in jobs,yea there are thousands,of co's just looking for place's to put in plants,just like waterloo,no one want to come here we are the ashole of ark. to start with,how many city's and town are there looking for co's,would you say about 98% of thr one's in the usa.so be honest why would any co.want to locate here,tell me.
hope

Violet Hill, AR

#39 Mar 25, 2012
vote wrote:
Some of the people who may run are Wayne Broadway or Pat Johnson. Both of them were talked about as potential candidates in 2010. I personally don't think either of them would be interested in the position though. Other people may include any of the current city council members or jps living in the city. I have also heard Keith Sloan's name mentioned a few times. Whoever it is I hope they are ready to move the city forward.
yea the right person will put us on top,just elect a new mayor and we'll be on our way,all the factory's will come back and we can get an hourly wage of 20.00,per hour,or we could just raise taxes,add a hamberger tx,hire more police officer's,get the state to put in more traffic lights,yea that should do it.this place just doesn't have much to fight anymore,we'er about dead.
waste of money

Jonesboro, AR

#40 Mar 25, 2012
hope wrote:
<quoted text>yea the right person will put us on top,just elect a new mayor and we'll be on our way,all the factory's will come back and we can get an hourly wage of 20.00,per hour,or we could just raise taxes,add a hamberger tx,hire more police officer's,get the state to put in more traffic lights,yea that should do it.this place just doesn't have much to fight anymore,we'er about dead.
The newest stop light in Pocahontas was a waste of money!!!!!!!!The way they got the road narrowing into a one lane is just stupid. I can see alot of wrecks happening there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When did all the colored people move in? 16 min Guest 87
Ashley Madison 20 min Guest 1
Cody 1 hr Oh hell 8
Premiere video 1 hr guest 2
why would you believe? 2 hr guest 5
red headed waitress at pizza hut 7 hr Really 2
cole young 8 hr play on 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages