Thanks Scotty NO CHICKEN PLANT

Thanks Scotty NO CHICKEN PLANT

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

Ask Scott Baltz WHY

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#1 Jan 26, 2014
Scott Baltz when all over town bragging about that Chicken plant that was c omming to Pocahontas.
News Flash, they aren't coming unless they get a HUGE subsidy from the State ,city and County.
Does this scam sound familar to You? Does it remind you of the Tie plant that was supposed to be coming to this area.
Another PIE in the SKY BSer from Scott.
What we are going to get is a lot of air and poop pollution from all these Chicken houses!
Isn't the county appraiser giving those building a super low assessment?
If they cost 300K to build why aren't they accessed at that rate?
The Good old boys at work again out to screw us over.
Welcome to Randolph county!
News Flash

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jan 26, 2014
Keep voting for the G.O.Bs You are all defining crazy.

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jan 26, 2014
Vote for Keith DeClerk, a Republican. The ONLY way to slap the local GOB's in the face. While Linda Collins -Smith was not liked by many, she was opposed to the good ole boy system around here.
You have to pick your sides and go with it.
If you vote Republican, you go against the local system and butt licks.
Believe it or Not

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Jan 26, 2014
Ask Scott Baltz WHY wrote:
Scott Baltz when all over town bragging about that Chicken plant that was c omming to Pocahontas.
News Flash, they aren't coming unless they get a HUGE subsidy from the State ,city and County.
Does this scam sound familar to You? Does it remind you of the Tie plant that was supposed to be coming to this area.
Another PIE in the SKY BSer from Scott.
What we are going to get is a lot of air and poop pollution from all these Chicken houses!
Isn't the county appraiser giving those building a super low assessment?
If they cost 300K to build why aren't they accessed at that rate?
The Good old boys at work again out to screw us over.
Welcome to Randolph county!
May I ask, where did u get your information? Company is in secret. Can u give a name who told u. Have u heard about the Farm Bill. Where is your facts?

San Antonio, TX

#5 Jan 27, 2014
Believe it or Not wrote:
<quoted text> May I ask, where did u get your information? Company is in secret. Can u give a name who told u. Have u heard about the Farm Bill. Where is your facts?
So, if a name was given, what would you do? Get over it. Maybe secret in very early stages, but too many involved now. Scott Blatz had nothing to do with it anyway...just trying to grab some glory for himself. Wait and see if Tiny Tim doesn't try the same thing.
Chicken Pot Pie

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Jan 27, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>So, if a name was given, what would you do? Get over it. Maybe secret in very early stages, but too many involved now. Scott Blatz had nothing to do with it anyway...just trying to grab some glory for himself. Wait and see if Tiny Tim doesn't try the same thing.
Wish comments to yourself....
Just ask Peco

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#7 Jan 27, 2014
Believe it or Not wrote:
<quoted text> May I ask, where did u get your information? Company is in secret. Can u give a name who told u. Have u heard about the Farm Bill. Where is your facts?
This isn't any secret, just ask the chicken farmers around here, or Even Scott Batlz.
The Peco people have an Office here in Pocahontas just ask them how come there is a delay in building even the feed mill in Corning.
What they want is a very sweet deal including tax breaks , subsidies , grants to cut their cost in building the Plant. You can't blame them for doing what every other GOB has done here OR DID you already forget that free land Deal the BAlTZ brothers got for the Peanut plant?

Gore Springs, MS

#8 Jan 27, 2014
Believe it or Not wrote:
this sounds just like a tim or scott question. always thinking they are the only ones to know a secret. don't vote for one and vote the other out.

San Antonio, TX

#9 Jan 27, 2014
Chicken Pot Pie wrote:
<quoted text> Wish comments to yourself....
and just wtf do you think this forum izall about? you speak your mind, but think I should not?
Who is the best liar

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#10 Jan 27, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>and just wtf do you think this forum izall about? you speak your mind, but think I should not?
I was talking to a certain Guy who works at one of the local banks.Just ask those that are making loans for the Chicken houses.
They already have been told that there isn't going to be a chicken plant here in the near future. Asl that fool Tiny Tim to tell you they are coming ( make sure he gives you the date they start construction) If he tells you he doesn't know then he is lying or if he says it will be soon well then you also know that isn't true.
He and the Scott Baltz are world class when it comes to looking you straight in the eye and then knowingly lying to you.

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Feb 12, 2014
guest wrote:
Vote for Keith DeClerk, a Republican. The ONLY way to slap !the local GOB's in the face. While Linda Collins -Smith was not liked by many, she was opposed to the good ole boy system around here.
You have to pick your sides and go with it.
If you vote Republican, you go against the local system and butt licks.
Keith Declerk is NOT running!! Changed his mind!

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Feb 12, 2014
Who is the best liar wrote:
<quoted text> I was talking to a certain Guy who works at one of the local banks.Just ask those that are making loans for the Chicken houses.
They already have been told that there isn't going to be a chicken plant here in the near future. Asl that fool Tiny Tim to tell you they are coming ( make sure he gives you the date they start construction) If he tells you he doesn't know then he is lying or if he says it will be soon well then you also know that isn't true.
He and the Scott Baltz are world class when it comes to looking you straight in the eye and then knowingly lying to you.
You Have NO Clue what you are talking about! T. does Not know on purposse. Gov wants the glory. Baltz has no control over the chkn deal, it's bigger than any of them!
Joe

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Feb 13, 2014
Your attempt to get something started is not working very well, is it. Read the article on front page of Jonesboro Sun, 2/12/14. Economically I believe this will be a big boost for this area, if it all goes through. Environmentally, I'm not so sure. I have heard these jobs will pay between $11 - $15 per hour. At $11.00 per hour a 40 hour work week would gross a pay check of $440.00 X 750 employees = $330,000 per week X 52 = $17,160,000 put into this economy per year. By the way that is $17 million. Just using old math.
Scott Tim

Calico Rock, AR

#14 Feb 13, 2014
Joe wrote:
Your attempt to get something started is not working very well, is it. Read the article on front page of Jonesboro Sun, 2/12/14. Economically I believe this will be a big boost for this area, if it all goes through. Environmentally, I'm not so sure. I have heard these jobs will pay between $11 -$15 per hour. At $11.00 per hour a 40 hour work week would gross a pay check of $440.00 X 750 employees =$330,000 per week X 52 =$17,160,000 put into this economy per year. By the way that is $17 million. Just using old math.
Well Joe you failed at math or you never had a job and you forgot all about my taxes and Obama care costs
cut that 330,000 per week to $260,000 also deduct down time of 4 weeks a year and that makes it 12 ,million and you can bet it won't be even that.
Remember all this is a BIG IF environmentally. Sierra Club is opposed , maybe the nature conservancy.
We want clean green jobs not these River polluting jobs for illegals

Since: Mar 09

Maynard AR

#15 Feb 13, 2014
Is there still gonna be one in Corning
Bucky McFall

United States

#16 Feb 13, 2014
They are building it in Dalton talked to Ervin Koompf he confirmed it . Right where old school was Mennonites only will be considered for hire
churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#17 Feb 14, 2014
there are 1,000 new chicken houses being built in the area this year. Some of them are the egg houses. the eggs are for the hatchery to produce baby chicks. Its likely that a chicken plant might be built in the area to process the large number of chickens being grown locally in those 1,000 grower houses? Even without a processing plant the foul smell from the grower houses and litter being spread will stink up the entire county. Boy im tickled I moved away from Randolph county.

United States

#18 Feb 14, 2014
Jesse James did come to Poky back in the day because he knew he would get robbed by the GOB's!
imo

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#19 Feb 14, 2014
churmudgeon wrote:
there are 1,000 new chicken houses being built in the area this year. Some of them are the egg houses. the eggs are for the hatchery to produce baby chicks. Its likely that a chicken plant might be built in the area to process the large number of chickens being grown locally in those 1,000 grower houses? Even without a processing plant the foul smell from the grower houses and litter being spread will stink up the entire county. Boy im tickled I moved away from Randolph county.
you're about twice too high on the 1000 houses. 500-600 houses will be spread across several counties.

per the notice in the paper, the plant is close to coming, with it's own sewer system. up to $135 MILLION in bonds being asked for

this is huge for the area if published numbers are correct.
approx. 200,000 chickens per day=about 10 houses/day.
approx. 1 million pounds per day being processed.

the city and area will see a LOT of development and growth.

construction company needs to buy the old hillcrest for their construction crew. petty cash vs 135 million project.
They want to raise taxes

Calico Rock, AR

#20 Feb 15, 2014
imo wrote:
<quoted text>
you're about twice too high on the 1000 houses. 500-600 houses will be spread across several counties.
per the notice in the paper, the plant is close to coming, with it's own sewer system. up to $135 MILLION in bonds being asked for
this is huge for the area if published numbers are correct.
approx. 200,000 chickens per day=about 10 houses/day.
approx. 1 million pounds per day being processed.
the city and area will see a LOT of development and growth.
construction company needs to buy the old hillcrest for their construction crew. petty cash vs 135 million project.
Just who is going to guarantee those Bonds?
nothing like planning to build a plant on a 100 year flood plain, When the black floods the plant there should be a great aroma and the cat fish will be eating well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rhonda Blevins thinks your too poor to vote on ... 14 min Guest 10
Aaron and Amber Smith 2 hr mona 2
New Apartnents 3 hr Learn 2
why is there a power outage tonight 3 hr guest 3
alcohol petition 3 hr YOULOSE 28
Anyone know Newport Hospital's drug test policy... 4 hr prayingforyou 5
Electricity 13 hr jeb 8

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance