Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

I know wrote:
Talked to medic one in jonesboro today they will be back in pocahontas up and running Monday
Great news!!!
Will calls be rotated?
Will 911 honor our choice?
Does the county or city controll them and their procedures?

Hope the county run 911 personnel and medic one folks aren't arrested or fined for violating the city ordinance.

Think i will ask the county judge if he or maybe the sheriff trumps the mayor and council, and if he is prepared to pay his employees court costs.
sorry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>If you are a paramedic, first off thank you for your service to our community. Secondly, there is one TRUE WAY to see if we have better service now than we did before, that is show us the numbers. When the first "big" council meeting came about they had all kinds of numbers from the 911 office on every run, time, response time, if they needed assistance, etc. The new service has been in for 7+ months now there have to been numbers somewhere. The council even reported in the paper that they have "quarterly reports" so where are they. Lets compare number to see if we are better off. If we are great, because it all about what is better for the county (not just the city) citizens.
You cannot compare numbers accurately. When medic one was here their employees were specifically told not to check available at the county line when they covered for the other trucks being busy. They didn't want them to know how often it really was that they were unavailable. So you really can't make a fair comparison because nobody really knows how many times the Pocahontas trucks were really unavailable because of hiding the facts
no but

Ravenden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

info wrote:
editor will probably incorrectly refer to the county vote on it - for the third time.
Wrong. She published a needed correction.

Disagreed with her professed thoughts on the franchise vote and voters real wishes on it, and her belief of Grider's likely bluff on the referendum not really being eligible for a vote.

Guess she is now a legal expert in addition to her day job.
May have council-itis on what no means.
obvious

Ravenden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

paper reported wrote:
<quoted text>
imo only, roughly = not word for word by any means.
city council will rebid franchise by jan meeting.
original intent to franchise ordinance still stands.
per joe g - found too late, case law that we shouldn't have voted, as referendum is not valid for "administrative" ordinance.
"was some confusion about the wording of the ballot"
----------
coming problems imo
- 2/3 of county and outside input and opinions still ignored.
- promed may be running illegally and subject to fines.
(vs potentially illegal original rushed emergency ordinance)
- potential referred special election and/or initiative costs.
- buyout of promed damages/contract.
- cost to city in time and money to rebid, ads in 3 papers/3 weeks
- city requirements, specs, reports, oversight, may not be good.
- trial$, hearing$, defense$, cost$, settlement$, judgement$.
- lawyer$, lawyer$, lawyer$, lawyer$, and more lawyer$.
biggest problem -
- council doesn't understand what the word "NO" means.
"biggest problem -
- council doesn't understand what the word "NO" means."

yep, hard to fix stupid when their pride, superiority complex, and personal agenda gets in the way.
Go go girl

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

about time wrote:
<quoted text>
Great news!!!
Will calls be rotated?
Will 911 honor our choice?
Does the county or city controll them and their procedures?
Hope the county run 911 personnel and medic one folks aren't arrested or fined for violating the city ordinance.
Think i will ask the county judge if he or maybe the sheriff trumps the mayor and council, and if he is prepared to pay his employees court costs.
if I'm not mistaken I believed that the city and county pays a lot of money to keep 911 running. They do have committee members running the 911, who they are I just don't know. Could be made up of 2 city and 2 county members. On rotation the ambulance services you might forget that. Hoxie Arkansas, has no rotation just one ambulance AET from Walnut Ridge. Walnut Ridge did have no rotation but made deal with mayor of Walnut Ridge to work both ambulance services. Sounds like every things going great with the city of Walnut Ridge not sure about Hoxie?
Your wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Go go girl wrote:
<quoted text> if I'm not mistaken I believed that the city and county pays a lot of money to keep 911 running. They do have committee members running the 911, who they are I just don't know. Could be made up of 2 city and 2 county members. On rotation the ambulance services you might forget u. Hoxie Arkansas, has no rotation just one ambulance AET from Walnut Ridge. Walnut Ridge did have no rotation but made deal with mayor of Walnut Ridge to work both ambulance services. Sounds like every things going great with the city of Walnut Ridge not sure about Hoxie?
Actually you are completely wrong AET and medic one are on rotation for the whole east side of the river including walnut ridge, hoxie, Portia, Alicia, minturn etc... Medic one Is not on rotation on the west side of the river it's just AET in the west side which includes imboden, black rock, Lynn, strawberry, ravenen etc ... That is how it is in Lawrence county medic one and AET only share the east side AET has all of the west side
just the facts

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot compare numbers accurately. When medic one was here their employees were specifically told not to check available at the county line when they covered for the other trucks being busy. They didn't want them to know how often it really was that they were unavailable. So you really can't make a fair comparison because nobody really knows how many times the Pocahontas trucks were really unavailable because of hiding the facts
I sure you have proof that "they didn't want them to know how often it really was that they were unavailable." I would love to see that information. I am not doubting you, I would love to see the proof of what you are refering to. I'm just a numbers person, love to see it on paper(offical numbers, not made up stuff)
just ask

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>I sure you have proof that "they didn't want them to know how often it really was that they were unavailable." I would love to see that information. I am not doubting you, I would love to see the proof of what you are refering to. I'm just a numbers person, love to see it on paper(offical numbers, not made up stuff)
Sounds like doubt to me. What you should do is ask any of the folks that worked in walnut ridge before all this started. Ask them what they were told to do and not to do. I'm sure they would be happy to discuss it with you
really dash question mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I agree, we should ask questions (and demand answers) about the existing service as well, shouldn't we? Are there not practices by the new service that are equally questionable, if not more so?
But keep in mind that the new service is the city council choice...and as we all know, nobody's baby is ugly. I voted against the franchise because I do nt believe the city council is qualified to handle the EMS. And, when I read the comments by Keith Futrell about confused voters, I was angry. What an insult! He thinks the voters are too stupid to understand how to vote. Hey, didn't I read in the previous paragraph that the city attorney admitted his own failure with the referendum.(Star Herald article) That begs the question....is city government confused about this issue? I'll say they are.
So if the council doesn't listen, and won't respond, and can't understand, and refuses to accept the meaning of the vote, maybe it IS time to consider a recall? Just a few days work would reveal the weakest
alderman. And, aren't some city attorneys elected, and not appointed?
For me, it's about freedom of choice.
ROTF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

i read that crap too BWAHAHAHAHA the councl says dont know what they doing and think no one else knows how to vote ROTFLMAO. are we all idiots they think so xcep themselves
half brain

Ravenden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

city and council has a franchise ordinance in place that calls for fines for those ambulances making runs without a franchise

no one has a franchise.

ambulances are still running.

sounds very ignorant or real stupid.

what am i missing?

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

no but wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagreed with her professed thoughts on the franchise vote and voters real wishes on it, and her belief of Grider's likely bluff on the referendum not really being eligible for a vote.
funny a week after the election. she figures out it was just a city vote!

she and the council would need to do a poll to see real facts on who voted confused while voting. one? two? just how many people?

if i were grider i wouldn't admit i messed up once again as city attorney.

yep...elected officials don't seem to understand the meaning of "NO"? must be asking grider what the legal meaning of "NO" is? and who is he calling to ask?

just my opinion
answer to nobutt

Queen City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

no but wrote:
<quoted text>
Read closely how she portrays the weed vote, does anyone see an error there?

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

her perspective...after the vote

"for a state that gave control of the state legislature to the anti-tax republicans who were able to convince voters they will be better than democrats at running the state it seems to be a paradox that arkansas voters approved the 1/2 cent sales tax for highways."

whatever lady

that's my opinion
wash rinse repeat

Ravenden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

if it comes to ANOTHER referendum vote and/or lawsuit -
wonder if grider would be willing to bet his money instead of ours.
takes $$ to pay opposing counsel/settlement if "case law" doesn't hold up.

bluffing can get VERY expensive if you're called and lose.

the council has dug themselves into quite a hole with their agenda, game playing, and votes.

the people have said NO and are tired of the council not listening and AGAIN playing games.

the council needs to realize that when you're in over your head that it's time to stop digging.

the PEOPLE SAID the game is over.

pissed on folks are mad enough now.
if council KEEPS pi$$ing, expect to see some visit$ from lawyer$.
seems

Ravenden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

half brain wrote:
city and council has a franchise ordinance in place that calls for fines for those ambulances making runs without a franchise
no one has a franchise.
ambulances are still running.
sounds very ignorant or real stupid.
what am i missing?
Not missing anything with your true statement.

Would say your half brain is working better than the combined brains of the city council.
oldtimer

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

seems wrote:
<quoted text>
Not missing anything with your true statement.
Would say your half brain is working better than the combined brains of the city council.
well his half brain is maybe more than the combined brain of the whole city council
back in business

Flower Mound, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

The COUNTY 911 committee has added MedicOne to the call rotation.
Looks like MedicOne will be officially back in business in Pocahontas and Randolph county!
wow

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

back in business wrote:
The COUNTY 911 committee has added MedicOne to the call rotation.
Looks like MedicOne will be officially back in business in Pocahontas and Randolph county!
WELCOME BACK MEDIC ONE!!!

Looks like the council's ordinance isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Wonder if a request over-rides the rotation at 911?
back in business

Flower Mound, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

wow wrote:
<quoted text>
WELCOME BACK MEDIC ONE!!!
Looks like the council's ordinance isn't worth the paper it is written on.
Wonder if a request over-rides the rotation at 911?
call MedicOne directly, it's not a 911 call, how could it be?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best new name for Pochontas 1 hr Guest 35
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr BARNEYII 29,628
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 3 hr Ancient DoDo 9,868
Flattered 4 hr Who 2
I said it!! 4 hr JJJ 22
why are all the hot guys in this town gay? =( (Jul '10) 4 hr turty 15
Party Poppers (Oct '10) 11 hr Questions 69
factory closing 13 hr yoga bear 8
current river drowning 17 hr Dirty laundry 7
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000