ambulance franchise
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
info

Mountain Home, AR

#1 Nov 13, 2012
any news about the franchise from the council meeting?
NYT

United States

#2 Nov 13, 2012
info wrote:
any news about the franchise from the council meeting?
Ill bet the StarHerald will have a hard hitting, informative report.
info

Mountain Home, AR

#3 Nov 13, 2012
editor will probably incorrectly refer to the county vote on it - for the third time.
Concerned

Lampasas, TX

#4 Nov 14, 2012
Concerned about this new ambulance service. Was at hospital the other night. ER had a few patients it needed to transfer out. No ambulances available. Heard that there was some kind of ordinance that won't allow other ambulance services to come here to transport. Are you kidding??? That is life vs. death bad! Our hospital isn't set up to take care of all types of patients, especially children. If we can't get them transfered because of this political BS, we have a huge problem.
fyi

Mountain Home, AR

#5 Nov 14, 2012
the star herold lied about this ambulance service having 4 vehicles they only have 2 that actually work... which means if busy at all other towns have to come in to pick up the slack.. some times daily ... so we need another ambulance service.. badly....
Get a clue

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Nov 14, 2012
You have no idea what you are talking about. The ER hasn't had three patients at one time that needed transfers out in a long time. And if the three pro med ambulances were tied up they simply call AET or any other ambulance service to come take the transfer.
And FYI, all the ambulances "work" only three of them are staffed and one is used as back up as the star herald said. That means we have more coverage than we used to with Medic one. With medic one we had ambulances coming from out of town almost daily. Now it is only a few times a month. Check your facts and get a clue. And yes, I am a paramedic.
POed

Mountain Home, AR

#7 Nov 14, 2012
The city council thinks that everyone that voted against having a franchise were confussed and didn't know what they were voting for. I knew exactly what i was voting for and it was not for or against ProMed, it was against the city council telling me and my family what ambulance service i have to use. Also we have 8 people (6 councilmen, 1 mayor, 1 city attourney) who have no medical training at all and they believe they can handle our medical decisions better than our wonderful doctors, nurses, and EMS personal. So if that is the case and you are involved in an accident don't go to the hospital, go directly to city hall or the radio station they will provide your health care. THEY KNOW BEST.
clue yourself

United States

#8 Nov 14, 2012
Actually just this week as mentioned before there was at least 3 pts waiting on a transfer for HOURS (2 pts waited around 6 hrs to be exact) and AET had already made a couple of the earlier runs. Thank goodness that the pts were not in critical condition. And this by no means is a stab towards Pro-Med because they can only deal with what they have and most are great medics, the blame must be put on the council idiots for allowing this to happen and trying to cover it up with their lies. Who was covering the county if there wasn't even an ambulance available to transfer?
just the facts

Mountain Home, AR

#9 Nov 14, 2012
Get a clue wrote:
You have no idea what you are talking about. The ER hasn't had three patients at one time that needed transfers out in a long time. And if the three pro med ambulances were tied up they simply call AET or any other ambulance service to come take the transfer.
And FYI, all the ambulances "work" only three of them are staffed and one is used as back up as the star herald said. That means we have more coverage than we used to with Medic one. With medic one we had ambulances coming from out of town almost daily. Now it is only a few times a month. Check your facts and get a clue. And yes, I am a paramedic.
If you are a paramedic, first off thank you for your service to our community. Secondly, there is one TRUE WAY to see if we have better service now than we did before, that is show us the numbers. When the first "big" council meeting came about they had all kinds of numbers from the 911 office on every run, time, response time, if they needed assistance, etc. The new service has been in for 7+ months now there have to been numbers somewhere. The council even reported in the paper that they have "quarterly reports" so where are they. Lets compare number to see if we are better off. If we are great, because it all about what is better for the county (not just the city) citizens.
well

United States

#10 Nov 14, 2012
anyone know if the council did anything on the franchise at the meeting last night?
outraged

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Nov 14, 2012
Get a clue wrote:
dont know who you are but you dont know anything about this because if you did you would know we mdo need more service i dont but i also have a medic that works for the other two co. and they are here daily and especilly on the week end you check your records.

Mountain Home, AR

#12 Nov 14, 2012
Your friend is confused. How many runs do you think they average in a day here? the answer is 6. We have 2 trucks 24/7 and a call truck during the day, which is when the majority of calls occur. For your statement to be correct that would mean we were having 3 or 4 runs at the exact same time every day, which is completely untrue. I have checked my facts, maybe you should??
outraged wrote:
<quoted text> dont know who you are but you dont know anything about this because if you did you would know we mdo need more service i dont but i also have a medic that works for the other two co. and they are here daily and especilly on the week end you check your records.
the vote

United States

#13 Nov 14, 2012
keep in mind there is no longer an exclusive franchise in Pocahontas, the winning NO vote actually repealed it.
What has the city council offered to ambulance businesses in the way of protection from fines for operating illegaly? Not one thing, they left PROMED out on a limb. How would you like to be in their shoes? First, the council lures them here, then leaves them hanging after the vote. Oh yeah, perhaps a wink and a nod was enough... Don't worry boys, we'll
take care of you! Hmmm, I think I'll check my insurance policy and see if it will cover charges by an ambulance company operating in violation of an
ordinance.
questions

United States

#14 Nov 14, 2012
can anyone find a copy of the original city franchise ordinance that was passed here?

http://www.cityofpocahontas.com/City_Ordiance...

is it listed here somewhere?

http://www.cityofpocahontas.com/City%20Ordian...

is pro med running illegally?

is the city police chief, council, mayor, prosecutor, or anyone else sworn to enforce pocahontas' ordinances?
I know

Mountain Home, AR

#15 Nov 14, 2012
Talked to medic one in jonesboro today they will be back in pocahontas up and running Monday
Go go girl

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Nov 14, 2012
I know wrote:
Talked to medic one in jonesboro today they will be back in pocahontas up and running Monday
Sounds good but one problem, haven't heard they put in a app. building at the Randolph County Lawrence County line.
go for it

Mountain Home, AR

#17 Nov 14, 2012
Go go girl wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds good but one problem, haven't heard they put in a app. building at the Randolph County Lawrence County line.
that would kind of knock promed's profit to a loss. pro med has probably learned to be careful with city, voters, requirements, bid terms, and that rebid.
have to wonder

Mountain Home, AR

#18 Nov 14, 2012
I know wrote:
wonder if the city will rent the airport building to medic one for the same amount as they were to promed?
paper reported

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Nov 14, 2012
well wrote:
anyone know if the council did anything on the franchise at the meeting last night?
imo only, roughly = not word for word by any means.

city council will rebid franchise by jan meeting.
original intent to franchise ordinance still stands.

per joe g - found too late, case law that we shouldn't have voted, as referendum is not valid for "administrative" ordinance.

"was some confusion about the wording of the ballot"

----------
coming problems imo
- 2/3 of county and outside input and opinions still ignored.
- promed may be running illegally and subject to fines.
(vs potentially illegal original rushed emergency ordinance)
- potential referred special election and/or initiative costs.
- buyout of promed damages/contract.
- cost to city in time and money to rebid, ads in 3 papers/3 weeks
- city requirements, specs, reports, oversight, may not be good.
- trial$, hearing$, defense$, cost$, settlement$, judgement$.
- lawyer$, lawyer$, lawyer$, lawyer$, and more lawyer$.

biggest problem -
- council doesn't understand what the word "NO" means.
really

Mountain Home, AR

#20 Nov 14, 2012
Go go girl wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds good but one problem, haven't heard they put in a app. building at the Randolph County Lawrence County line.
if true, no app needed to run the county.
you think the council is stupid enough to refuse transfer over city streets to nearest hospital.
lawyers and voters would make their head spin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
racheal zingleman (May '11) 6 hr royjr 26
is peco still hiring? 21 hr Jack 23
Anita Pickett 22 hr Guest 1
Peco Wed Whacky tabacy 18
John Simkins (Mar '15) Wed Samantha garrett 38
Jennie oden Jun 28 One Who Knows 2
well drillers Jun 27 Guest 9

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance