the city's position on tax

the city's position on tax

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

Tulsa, OK

#1 Mar 7, 2014
speaking of what people fail to mention... did anyone mention that the pool tax election was planned as a special election because it was known that the issue would fail in a general election? Did the article mention that the city hopes to collect about 20 million or more in tax revenue from the pool tax over the next couple decades? There are plenty more things our leaders have failed to mention. Don't kid yourselves. Look at their priorities.

leaders have failed to
incredible

Montréal, Canada

#2 Mar 7, 2014
I heard Joe Grider got paid money ($10k+) for putting the pool deal together. I can't imagine how being the city attorney wouldn't constitute a clear conflict of interest in the matter and why he would get paid for something that as city attorney he would be responsible for reviewing the legality of as his duty the people of Pocahontas? I guess that is just the kind of $#!t you have to swallow around here.

At least he isn't taking child support money from single moms and their fatherless kids again. I hope.

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#3 Mar 7, 2014
One would think he would be more careful after the last time when he nearly went to prison.

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Mar 9, 2014
Vote Alex Bigger for city attorney.

Bella Vista, AR

#5 Mar 9, 2014
incredible wrote:
I heard Joe Grider got paid money ($10k+) for putting the pool deal together. I can't imagine how being the city attorney wouldn't constitute a clear conflict of interest in the matter and why he would get paid for something that as city attorney he would be responsible for reviewing the legality of as his duty the people of Pocahontas? I guess that is just the kind of $#!t you have to swallow around here.
At least he isn't taking child support money from single moms and their fatherless kids again. I hope.
Hahahah it was much closer to 300K
Mom of four

Pocahontas, AR

#6 Mar 25, 2014
We need a change people, vote for Alex Bigger City Attorney.
Billy

Paragould, AR

#7 Mar 25, 2014
incredible wrote:
I heard Joe Grider got paid money ($10k+)
Peco Chicken 165 million dollars deal - Amount Peco paid under table ? Remember - back in 1999 Senator was putting this deal together? He was sidetracked. Moved into the laundry @ Elgin Air Force base holding tank. But, he did lose 50 pounds fairly quick. Looking @ local principals in this deal -they have @ least 50 pounds 2 spare. Cowboy hat county judge has @ least 100 spare pounds. The former judge 'broke' ground for him.They will learn stay between the "lines" or one ends in Atlanta.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 25 min Red Cloud 41,445
Wesley garza 7 hr Jamie Garza 4
All mom's in Pocahontas ar. 11 hr donalddump 4
Mickey Johnson picked up for acting like a cop 11 hr captain citizen 3
Eric garrison 12 hr Maj 14
Teresa Regan 15 hr Guest 4
Robert Miller (LD) and Amanda Moore 16 hr Inquiring minds 1

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance