People that set outside wal-mart and other stores taking donations

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Nov 20, 2012
Just wondering

Mountain Home, AR

#1 Nov 17, 2012
Why is it that EVERY WEEKEND there is a group setting outside of Wal-Mart taking donations for something it never fails you go to the store and get confronted on the way in and the way out it drives me crazy and my biggest problem with this is most of these groups are not heard of any other place theres no other info on them makes me want to come up with a bogus organazation to collect money (NOT REALLY) I couldnt do that but sometimes I seriously wonder if thats what some of these people are doing maybe we should think before handing them money. DONT GET ME WRONG if its a legit group on occasion but EVERY WEEKEND thats a little much.
no name

Ash Flat, AR

#2 Nov 18, 2012
Groups choose locations such as Walmart, because of the heavy flow of customers. If they are a legit group, what better place to try and raise funds for their cause.
Groups who have fundraising events most likely need permission from the place of business they want to set up in front of...I know it is required at Walmart. They must verify their group, so I wouldn't worry that they are not legit........you can just say "No thank you" if approached by them if you have no interest in donating. Have a great day :)
Hate it

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Nov 19, 2012
I hate it too, I always so not not today LOL when they ask for money or for me to buy something. I don't think it should be allowed.
Democrats

Cleveland, OH

#4 Nov 20, 2012
Cause many of these groups depend on your support not the goverments to get by - if you dont want to support them tell them no thanks and keep walking - Most of you think its okay for me to use my tax money to buy you something so what the difference - at least they are polite enough to ask and say thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr speller feller 29,660
why are all the hot guys in this town gay? =( (Jul '10) 5 hr terry l foster 18
Child Molester released 6 hr Guest 11
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 12 hr bird man 9,874
I said it!! 16 hr True 25
Flattered 16 hr LMAO 4
Debate: Ferguson - Pocahontas, AR 17 hr yoyo 15
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search