Potential new business causing a buzz

Potential new business causing a buzz

There are 46 comments on the KAIT-TV story from Nov 4, 2013, titled Potential new business causing a buzz. In it, KAIT-TV reports that:

POCAHONTAS, AR - Communities in Randolph and Clay County are taking in the buzz over word that a new business may be coming to town, and the potential business could help the job market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAIT-TV.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Chicken Eater

Ash Flat, AR

#1 Nov 4, 2013
It looks like western Clay county will not get the large Chicken processing plant, but there is very little odor from the chicken feed plant.

United States

#2 Nov 4, 2013
AND LOTS OF MEXICANS ..

United States

#3 Nov 4, 2013
Look at Batesville. More crime and dope
hicks-r-us

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Nov 4, 2013
kait reported that corning was probably going to get a feed mill and pokey would be getting a poultry processing plant 2 miles south of town, peco was mentioned as the company involved.
easy money

Little Rock, AR

#5 Nov 5, 2013
Arkansas Business reported this yesterday. They have an option on 200 acres north of Corning. They will initially employ 40 and have a maximum employment of 50. Chicken feed plants do have a foul smell too.
John Howard

Boronia, Australia

#6 Nov 5, 2013
Looks like a poultry processing plant and hatchery in Pocahontas (Randolph County), and the feed mill located in Corning (Clay County)

Source:
http://www.feedmachinery.com/news/americas/pe...

Should be good for the area.
Think About It

Mountain Home, AR

#7 Nov 5, 2013
Now, to support a chicken processing plant and a feed mill, what do you have to have? Chicken houses all over Clay and 4 other surrounding counties. We will experience a new olfactory sense in the country...lol
Chicken Eater

Ash Flat, AR

#8 Nov 5, 2013
Yo, Think about it, Will every valley be filled with "that" odor? Wait, there are no valleys here!
Chicken Eater

Ash Flat, AR

#9 Nov 5, 2013
Help me, Think about it. Will the people who raise chickens be called Chicken farmers or Chicken ranchers?

Also, will there be a big government check for Chicken people? After all, every endeavor gets government money. That would explain the trillions we owe China!!
chicken houses smell nice

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Nov 5, 2013
Think About It wrote:
Now, to support a chicken processing plant and a feed mill, what do you have to have? Chicken houses all over Clay and 4 other surrounding counties. We will experience a new olfactory sense in the country...lol
Just ask any chicken farmer, those chicken don't smell bad ,it's just the poop that has a sight odor. Really it's the flies , and water pollution that are the problem. Each chicken house has a minimum of 40,000 birds and no real control over what happens to the water table.
They are building these houses very close to the rivers and streams so that might affect the water quality.
You Know Who

Ash Flat, AR

#11 Nov 5, 2013
Sound`s like a shitty deal ! What you think Denny ?
curmudgeon

Calico Rock, AR

#12 Nov 5, 2013
Im tickled to death that Ive moved from randolph county to one of the poorest counties in the state. Ill not be subjected to Air and water pollution.

Zanesville, OH

#13 Nov 5, 2013
i'm glad i moved to newton county!
curmudgeon

Calico Rock, AR

#15 Nov 6, 2013
guest wrote:
i'm glad i moved to newton county!
Me too!
chicken houses smell nice

Bexar, AR

#16 Nov 6, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
Im tickled to death that Ive moved from randolph county to one of the poorest counties in the state. Ill not be subjected to Air and water pollution.
Just What county is poorer than Randolph?
And why would you move there ,other than to get away from the graft of the local politicians.
yep

United States

#17 Nov 6, 2013
chicken houses smell nice wrote:
<quoted text> Just What county is poorer than Randolph?
And why would you move there ,other than to get away from the graft of the local politicians.
You must have never been to ashley and chicot counties in south arkansas,or clay county in north arkansas,other than farmers,so poor they cant pay attention.
hicks-r-us

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Nov 7, 2013
fulton county, and just as crooked!
curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#20 Nov 7, 2013
I moved mostly to get away from the corruption Tax & spend fiscal irresponsible government GOBS. Do a search for per capita income in Arkansas counties. Where I moved to they don't have a hospital, Wal Mart, jail, and a petoria of government parasite enities. Im not forced to pay for 911 on my phone bill. The county loses population every year. No matter Im now drawing from the social security Ponzi scheme and can live anywhere I want.
Just saying

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Nov 7, 2013
[

Probably will NOT BE GOOD for the area; could overload the recently built sewer line Pocahontas extended to shannon. Will pay minimum wages and they will import their employees and builders to build and run the plant.
curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#22 Nov 7, 2013
Just saying wrote:
[
Probably will NOT BE GOOD for the area; could overload the recently built sewer line Pocahontas extended to shannon. Will pay minimum wages and they will import their employees and builders to build and run the plant.
Growth just for growth,s sake isn't always a good thing. Growth that isn't quality diminishs from the desiriability of living in an area. Of course the GOB parasites want any growth. More paychecks no matter how meager add up to more tax revenue to line their pockets. Call me racist I don't care. I don't want to live around a bunch of Mexican,s any more then I would a bunch of blacks. Where I now live there is nothing to make a lving at except for cattle farms & timber. No mosquitos no chemical spraying water pumping row crop agribusiness. No stinking polluting chicken growers. plenty of national forest to hunt. Very few police and criminals. Just a whole lot of nothing. And the elected officials don't have big city ideas& stupid plans. They are satisfied and don't want any change. I feel blessed to have found a place where progress is a dirty word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will = BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS = EVER TELL = LIES? (Apr '13) 2 hr guest 30
Wonderful Peco (Feb '15) 2 hr guest 40
Fantasha rutledge (Feb '13) 12 hr haha 26
John Simkins (Mar '15) Fri Playa 26
Old Hill Crest Hotel (Jul '15) Fri lol 26
Nursing home Thu Real slim shady 3
Jennie oden Thu Guest 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages