Pocahontas voters approve tax plan to fund water park

Jun 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KAIT-TV Jonesboro

A rough draft of the proposed water park POCAHONTAS, AR - Both half-cent sales tax proposals on the hotly contested issue HAVE passed.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 47 of47
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
EMT

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

I am completely against this pool and the waste if money, but don't compare it to the Ambulance issue. ProMed does a great job and has some amazing people working for them. The previous company had some serious problems, many of which never got widely circulated.
Really wrote:
Did u people forget what the city did with ambulance service let's look at the new service can't find them half the time I think Ryan Kibler is a piece of shit but ProMed isn't the answer
I know the truth

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

They have outside auditors come in three times a year!! And the people of Pocahontas will be better off with an aquatic center it will be awesome for the community!! If a half cent is going to break u then u were already broke!! Pocahontas is a safe and pretty place
To live for the most part complaining about the betterment of it makes certain citizens a sound spoiled!!
td hansom

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

A mew pool ain't going to bring in jobs. The twons dying. Face it either the fams that run the town don't want competition or they ignorant..either way the town has seen the best days come and go....sad but don't feel bad itz happening in Southern Colorado where I grew up in IL and MI
APATHY KILLS A FREE SOCIETY. Pokie ur dying and patient is on life support...Sad.
td hansom

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Yes my spelling sucks thank you LG ur touchpad SUCKS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

sucks 20 million dollars in tax revenue... and your plan is to make Poky the preferred swimming destination? Nice... funny how a few people can take control and essentially skim 20 million dollars for a pet project. I'd rather someone beat me with a stick, while telling me how good it is for me. Same difference.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

EMT wrote:
I am completely against this pool and the waste if money, but don't compare it to the Ambulance issue. ProMed does a great job and has some amazing people working for them. The previous company had some serious problems, many of which never got widely circulated.
<quoted text>
You missed the point entirely. Actually, I suspect you understand, but prefer to cloud the issue. There are serious problems with the current company... get off your high horse. Just because anyone is an EMT doesn't mean they cant be an a-hole. And if PM is so great, why dont you prove it with some stats?
great

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

I hope it is a big water park

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 47 of47
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mexican drug dealers 4 hr Hard worker 15
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr speller feller 28,673
Kristy Davisand Kendal Davis 6 hr guest 2
Vernon Songer (Jul '09) 9 hr Terry 15
quorum 9 hr TPOL 6
hydrotemp? (Oct '09) 14 hr who cares 81
living waters salvage grocery is it closed (Aug '13) 16 hr interested 36
•••
•••