thought

Little Rock, AR

#21 Apr 4, 2013
that hospital would be a lot better off without that crappy dr hall and crappy nurse wesley hardage there. hall it the worst doctor i have ever seen and murse hardage is rude and hateful to people. he acts like he's the doctor out there when's he's just a nurse. when they get rid of them to is the day i'll go back there. never again will i set foot in that place.
Lol

Mountain Home, AR

#22 Apr 4, 2013
Spare Me wrote:
<quoted text> I suppose this crazy Arkansas weather is Obama's fault as well. Geez. You do realize that we have a Republican Congress and that Obama does not have the final say in every decision that is being made in this country.
Why not,it was Bush's fault,why is it not Obana's fault,but the ecomony is certainly Obama's responsibility,five years after he was elected,we owe 17 trillion dollars,when he went into office we owed ten.
Guest

Longview, TX

#23 Apr 4, 2013
Dr Hall is awesome, he's just not a drug peddler, handing out narcs like Halloween candy. And Wes is a really good nurse.
yep

Prescott, AR

#24 Apr 5, 2013
Guest wrote:
Dr Hall is awesome, he's just not a drug peddler, handing out narcs like Halloween candy. And Wes is a really good nurse.
I'll agree, Dr. Hall is a great doctor. I don't know anything about the nurse.
pay it forward

Mountain Home, AR

#25 Apr 5, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>Why not,it was Bush's fault,why is it not Obana's fault,but the ecomony is certainly Obama's responsibility,five years after he was elected,we owe 17 trillion dollars,when he went into office we owed ten.
part of that 17 trillion was the interest not paid on the 10 trillion and payments due on programs that were created prior to the official Obama days. Having said that the next president will also inherit debt that he/she did not create but will still be "registered" to their administration
need support

Paragould, AR

#26 Apr 5, 2013
WOW,Only people with low risk of complications have heart caths performed in hospitals that do not have an open heart surgery suite. Your health history & particular situation dictates whether the cardiologist from Jonesboro want to perform the heart cath in Pocahontas or in Jonesboro.
My opinion on the Obama blame-- nothing is his fault and everything is his fault depending on who you talk to these days. but mostly the hospital's struggle is the people's fault. If a business doesn't have customers they close. Simple fact doesn't matter if it is a hamburger joint or a hospital. If the people of the community continue to go elsewhere for the care that FRMC can provide then what can the hospital do but continue to cut jobs and services? Pocahontas, Walnut Ridge any other small hospital can't, don't & won't provide all services but they do provide some life saving ones and some good basic care. My parents have been admitted there and got good care by the nurses and Dr Ragan. No complaints from us. Give them a chance. If you have a bad experience call the administrator or call the Emergency room physician director. Don't just post on topix and let it drop. You should receive quality care & if in your opinion you didn't let someone know so that they can address it. Small hospitals and small schools are closing all of the US. It is a sad situation.
Guest

Longview, TX

#27 Apr 5, 2013
need support wrote:
WOW,Only people with low risk of complications have heart caths performed in hospitals that do not have an open heart surgery suite. Your health history & particular situation dictates whether the cardiologist from Jonesboro want to perform the heart cath in Pocahontas or in Jonesboro.
My opinion on the Obama blame-- nothing is his fault and everything is his fault depending on who you talk to these days. but mostly the hospital's struggle is the people's fault. If a business doesn't have customers they close. Simple fact doesn't matter if it is a hamburger joint or a hospital. If the people of the community continue to go elsewhere for the care that FRMC can provide then what can the hospital do but continue to cut jobs and services? Pocahontas, Walnut Ridge any other small hospital can't, don't & won't provide all services but they do provide some life saving ones and some good basic care. My parents have been admitted there and got good care by the nurses and Dr Ragan. No complaints from us. Give them a chance. If you have a bad experience call the administrator or call the Emergency room physician director. Don't just post on topix and let it drop. You should receive quality care & if in your opinion you didn't let someone know so that they can address it. Small hospitals and small schools are closing all of the US. It is a sad situation.
well said!
Lol

Mountain Home, AR

#28 Apr 5, 2013
pay it forward wrote:
<quoted text>
part of that 17 trillion was the interest not paid on the 10 trillion and payments due on programs that were created prior to the official Obama days. Having said that the next president will also inherit debt that he/she did not create but will still be "registered" to their administration
You are about that intellegent.
rejected much

Oklahoma City, OK

#29 Apr 5, 2013
thought wrote:
that hospital would be a lot better off without that crappy dr hall and crappy nurse wesley hardage there. hall it the worst doctor i have ever seen and murse hardage is rude and hateful to people. he acts like he's the doctor out there when's he's just a nurse. when they get rid of them to is the day i'll go back there. never again will i set foot in that place.
Wow let's see if you can do Dr hall and Wes's job, doubt it, that would involve you getting off the couch and not hiding behind your laptop while eating your emotions away right? Frmc needs the support of this community, no hospital means more job loss, more lives lost due to longer waits for treatments, have you sat in st B's waiting room trying to get into see a Dr in the er, five or more hours later you might see a Dr, our hospital may not be the best but they are definitely not the worst. As for Dr hall he's a fantastic surgeon not the best er doc but hes not horrible, Wes is by far one of the greatest nurses up there fantastic with young children and does his job to the best of his ability. Before you try to be involved in a conversation you apparently have no education about you may want to check your facts.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#30 Apr 5, 2013
rejected much wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow let's see if you can do Dr hall and Wes's job, doubt it, that would involve you getting off the couch and not hiding behind your laptop while eating your emotions away right? Frmc needs the support of this community, no hospital means more job loss, more lives lost due to longer waits for treatments, have you sat in st B's waiting room trying to get into see a Dr in the er, five or more hours later you might see a Dr, our hospital may not be the best but they are definitely not the worst. As for Dr hall he's a fantastic surgeon not the best er doc but hes not horrible, Wes is by far one of the greatest nurses up there fantastic with young children and does his job to the best of his ability. Before you try to be involved in a conversation you apparently have no education about you may want to check your facts.
Please! Be very careful what you say on here! Anyone can be replace.... I'm waiting on a all new hospital board starting with Gary Crocker that he still lives in Jonesboro... The Randolph county nursing home board are all local! You have people don't even live here making decisions on the hospital board.. Figure that out!
rejected much

Oklahoma City, OK

#31 Apr 5, 2013
I agree with you there, if they are going to make decisions on things that affect this county then they should live here, if they don't then they don't care what the out come may be, I'm simply stating that people need to support the hospital and its staff and stop bad mouthing them. Frmc has room for improvement but show me one hospital or er that doesn't, don't boycott it just because of who sits on the board, your not hurting them, your hurting the ones who depend on their jobs there or anywhere in Randolph county for that matter. Tons of good people lost their jobs this week, that includes children who depend on those cna's and Lpn's to provide for them, so by worrying about who sits on the board and not using frmc who are you really hurting? It sure isn't Crockett.
yep

Prescott, AR

#32 Apr 5, 2013
Here's the real deal.... We lose hospital jobs but get a new swim pool in exchange. This shows you where the Pochontas city council is.... How would they NOT KNOW hospital jobs were at risk? FRMC administrator reported to the council monthly, read the local paper... Did he warn anyone? Oh yeah, did any administrative staff lose jobs? Not on your life!(an unfortunate choice of words)
We subsidized the hospital for years, why is it suddenly a money pit, and we should now throw our money at a new piss pool? And, shouldn't Hwy 67 divided highway to Pocahontas be a priority for local funding assistance as well?
What is wrong with this town and it leaders?
need support

Paragould, AR

#33 Apr 6, 2013
I think the administrator has reported to the council ( at least the newspaper reports indicates this) that the hospital continues to lose money but that they have been working to open new service lines that would allow more patients to stay in town for care. But even if they are losing less money than they use to it is still a loss and at some point expense control must be done. It is so sad for people to be laid off or services stopped but without business it is a must. When your check book at home gets to 0 or -0 don't you have to change your spending habits? Running a business is the same way. Difficult decisions have to be made to keep the business open If people start utilizing the hospital services and business picks up maybe they can rehire some of those laid off.
pay the bill

Mountain Home, AR

#34 Apr 6, 2013
yep wrote:
Here's the real deal.... We lose hospital jobs but get a new swim pool in exchange. This shows you where the Pochontas city council is.... How would they NOT KNOW hospital jobs were at risk? FRMC administrator reported to the council monthly, read the local paper... Did he warn anyone? Oh yeah, did any administrative staff lose jobs? Not on your life!(an unfortunate choice of words)
We subsidized the hospital for years, why is it suddenly a money pit, and we should now throw our money at a new piss pool? And, shouldn't Hwy 67 divided highway to Pocahontas be a priority for local funding assistance as well?
What is wrong with this town and it leaders?
It would do fine if you would pay you're own hospital bill,you like most go out there for medical but no insurance,why dont you buy insurance so the hospital can survive,insted you get on topix and bark,advise how the hospital should be run when you yourself cant or wont buy insurance.
so what

Caddo Mills, TX

#35 Apr 6, 2013
pay the bill wrote:
<quoted text>It would do fine if you would pay you're own hospital bill,you like most go out there for medical but no insurance,why dont you buy insurance so the hospital can survive,insted you get on topix and bark,advise how the hospital should be run when you yourself cant or wont buy insurance.
You have no idea of what you are talking about and you don't know whether I pay my bills or not.... I assure you I pay my insurance and bills in full. Your sort of thinking is what got us into trouble in the first place... You blame the wrong people. Plain and simple, the problem is in administation and management. Cities half the size of Pocahontas have viable hospitals... So why can't our hospital make it? If the people won't use it, then it's up to management to find out why not. Forget this pie in the sky crap.
Guest

United States

#36 Apr 6, 2013
Dr hall is a good surgeon for the most part! The problem is FRMC is limited on what they can do. Alot of people complain about them because of their staff! Yes not all of them are bad but some of them are and when your a small facility you don't have much room for error! And when they make a mistake of course the whole town hears about it because its a small community! So maybe if they tried harder and went out of their way to do a good job they would be laying people off! More people might go out there also what about the wound center place isn't that part of the hospital? I thought the whole part of opening it was to help the hospital!
ha ha

Mountain Home, AR

#37 Apr 6, 2013
so what wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea of what you are talking about and you don't know whether I pay my bills or not.... I assure you I pay my insurance and bills in full. Your sort of thinking is what got us into trouble in the first place... You blame the wrong people. Plain and simple, the problem is in administation and management. Cities half the size of Pocahontas have viable hospitals... So why can't our hospital make it? If the people won't use it, then it's up to management to find out why not. Forget this pie in the sky crap.
For a person that dont even have a job you sure have a lot of knoledge,about everything,darn a person with you're knoledge sould be president of G.M. or Ford motor co. maybe Catapiller,you are too darn smart to be letting it waste,hurry go apply now everyone can tell you have corporate ability,i guess that is why you are on topix all day.
Marie

Jonesboro, AR

#38 Apr 6, 2013
God help us if our hospital closes. I KNOW they have saved numerous lives. I do agree with some staffing issues that could have been changed. I don't feel that it should have all been in the medical end. Why were there no cuts in the business office ? It seems that staff is safe. Before anyone insults me, I have medical insurance and pay my bills. I have some college but I do well for myself but I have seen hard times also. I for one am praying we don't lose our hospital.
so what

Caddo Mills, TX

#39 Apr 6, 2013
Marie wrote:
God help us if our hospital closes. I KNOW they have saved numerous lives. I do agree with some staffing issues that could have been changed. I don't feel that it should have all been in the medical end. Why were there no cuts in the business office ? It seems that staff is safe. Before anyone insults me, I have medical insurance and pay my bills. I have some college but I do well for myself but I have seen hard times also. I for one am praying we don't lose our hospital.
Exactly! Sounds like someone who is sensitive to the situation, and has a caring spirit. Thank you for your thoughtful response. Lets hope the administration gets it together.
How so

Mountain Home, AR

#40 Apr 7, 2013
so what wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! Sounds like someone who is sensitive to the situation, and has a caring spirit. Thank you for your thoughtful response. Lets hope the administration gets it together.
Knothing wrong with the administration,they are doing a great job or this would have happend much quicker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nypd 9 min Support 1
Chicken Plant 33 min Guest 4
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 37 min Bowser45 30,440
Do the theatre still have good shows? 49 min the truth 12
I must be obsolete 5 hr over the hill 5
Pee Wee 9 hr John Kirk 3
head on collision on hwy 67 friday at 5:00 13 hr concerned 1
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pocahontas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pocahontas

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:37 pm PST

NFL 4:37PM
Odell Beckham stars again as Giants beat up Rams
Yahoo! Sports 4:46 PM
Rookie Beckham leads Giants past Rams 37-27
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
NBC Sports 6:42 PM
St. Louis Rams lose 37-27 to Giants at home - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Giants Show Resiliency, Maturity in Win