reply to question

Calhoun, LA

#41 Nov 30, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>oh now i understand .. my grandmother lives there that is why i am concerend incase anyone was wondering why someone from medford would possibly be posting on a pocahontas forum... just concerned with her well being... if the city went against the vote of the general population that that case needs to be brought to the attention of kait and other local news back there... it also needs to be brought to the attention of your local and state congress men and women... and
lastly the governor .. if no substantial reply is accurately giving some sort of resolution to the matter then it needs to be brought to the attention of the state and federal police.. noone is above the law .. noone can have their voice silenced ... and i applaud everyone back there for taking a stand and the initative to get things done.. haven't seen anything like that back there in years.
Thank you again for your concern. I apparently left you with the wrong impression. The city council has acted within it's authority to create an ambulance franchise, although some would argue otherwise. The referendum NO vote came AFTER all the city legal actions, as a means to convince the council that opposition
was legetimate. Arkansas happens to be one of several states where citizens can "recall" an ordinance, and that is exactly what happened in this
case. More comprehensive news coverage would have been nice, the opposition would have won by an even greater margin if all the facts had been exposed.
The greatest complaint of the opposition is that the city council has met only the minimum legal requirements for public discussion & input, thereby depriving citizens of due process in a matter deserving much greater attention. All authorities have been contacted as you suggest, they say they have no jurisdiction, and it appears as if the matter will be left entirely up to the local populace.
The struggle will continue. Two EMS companies are running now, and the run numbers will give another indication of the preferred company.
Stay tuned.
dont think so

United States

#42 Nov 30, 2012
reply to question wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you again for your concern. I apparently left you with the wrong impression. The city council has acted within it's authority to create an ambulance franchise, although some would argue otherwise. The referendum NO vote came AFTER all the city legal actions, as a means to convince the council that opposition
was legetimate. Arkansas happens to be one of several states where citizens can "recall" an ordinance, and that is exactly what happened in this
case. More comprehensive news coverage would have been nice, the opposition would have won by an even greater margin if all the facts had been exposed.
The greatest complaint of the opposition is that the city council has met only the minimum legal requirements for public discussion & input, thereby depriving citizens of due process in a matter deserving much greater attention. All authorities have been contacted as you suggest, they say they have no jurisdiction, and it appears as if the matter will be left entirely up to the local populace.
The struggle will continue. Two EMS companies are running now, and the run numbers will give another indication of the preferred company.
Stay tuned.

I really don't think you will be able to tell by run volume. You want to talk about the paper being biased....you have a bunch o people at the hospital that are very biased and call medic one on the phone instead of using 911. I'm pretty sure that there are family members of medic one employees at Randolph home. I'm not sure you can tell me or anyone else that there is an unbiased entity whether its the paper or medic one merely using who they know to get runs. Even if things are supposed to be on a rotation or request with these facilities don't insult everyone's intelligence by saying that these places are unbiased and letting fair competition happen because it doesn't!!!
reply to question

Calhoun, LA

#43 Nov 30, 2012
dont think so wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think you will be able to tell by run volume. You want to talk about the paper being biased....you have a bunch o people at the hospital that are very biased and call medic one on the phone instead of using 911. I'm pretty sure that there are family members of medic one employees at Randolph home. I'm not sure you can tell me or anyone else that there is an unbiased entity whether its the paper or medic one merely using who they know to get runs. Even if things are supposed to be on a rotation or request with these facilities don't insult everyone's intelligence by saying that these places are unbiased and letting fair competition happen because it doesn't!!!
And don't insult our local medical personnel by assuming that they would do anything other that what the patient requested, or that they would do anything violating medical protocols or the patients best interests. Our local personnel are highly trained and experienced, and would never expose the
patients or their own reputations to risk by an unethical practice based on family relationships or bias. I will say that I could see how your unfounded accusation certainly did not make any points with the people you demean. And where do you work, and what is your motivation?
question

Mountain Home, AR

#44 Nov 30, 2012
Guest wrote:
"I've got one question...does one of the newspaper reporters work for one of the aldermen"
LOL
Pocahontas, AR
The reporters doesn't work for any of the aldermen - most of the folks that work at the Star Herald were born and raised in Pocahontas or out in the county, as were the ones at City Hall. With Pocahontas being as small as it is those that were born and raised in the area know or is aquainted with most every one. Everyone that is involved with the Pocahontas government grew up together or their parents grew up together and all knows one another closely. So now you can understand why Pocahontas needs to change it's name to "GOOD OLD-BOY".
does reporter dalton sullivan or any other paper employee also work for alderman scott/kpoc?
question on ems board

Mountain Home, AR

#45 Nov 30, 2012
http://www.cityofpocahontas.com/City_Ordiance...

anyone know why the ems board ordinance passed on first reading here was never brought back up at the next meeting?
what was in it?

do ordinances just all of a sudden appear out of no where from the city attny at the request of a councilman or 3 or a committee or are they requested to be drawn up by the entire council after discussion in an open meeting?
seems like a waste of time and money.
reply to question

Calhoun, LA

#46 Dec 1, 2012
dont think so wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think you will be able to tell by run volume. You want to talk about the paper being biased....you have a bunch o people at the hospital that are very biased and call medic one on the phone instead of using 911. I'm pretty sure that there are family members of medic one employees at Randolph home. I'm not sure you can tell me or anyone else that there is an unbiased entity whether its the paper or medic one merely using who they know to get
runs. Even if things are supposed to be on a rotation or request with these facilities don't insult everyone's intelligence by saying that these places are unbiased and letting fair competition happen because it
doesn't!!!
And how about some more cold water thrown on your "bias" and "family" theory.... ProMed equally has family members in a position of authority at the hospital ER....So,if what you say is true, then why doesn't ProMed get all those runs? I'll tell you why that doesn't happen....because what you say isn't true, our medical personnel are above reproach. Citizens now have a choice of ambulance service,, and they exercise that choice.
dont think so

United States

#47 Dec 1, 2012
reply to question wrote:
<quoted text>And how about some more cold water thrown on your "bias" and "family" theory.... ProMed equally has family members in a position of authority at the hospital ER....So,if what you say is true, then why doesn't ProMed get all those runs? I'll tell you why that doesn't happen....because what you say isn't true, our medical personnel are above reproach. Citizens now have a choice of ambulance service,, and they exercise that choice.
Wow sounds like I struck a chord with you didn't I?? There's an old saying "it's not what you know it's who you know" pretty much proves true in a lot of things. I figure in this subject it does too. And for your information I don't work at promed or medic one since you asked. It's funny though how you guys get so worked up. Hope that temper of yours don't roll over to your patients when they piss you off.
reply to question

Garland, TX

#48 Dec 1, 2012
dont think so wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow sounds like I struck a chord with you didn't I?? There's an old saying "it's not what you know it's who you know" pretty much proves true in a lot of things. I figure in this subject it does too. And for your information I don't work at promed or medic one since you asked. It's funny though how you guys get so worked up. Hope that temper of yours don't roll over to your patients when they piss you off.
It is pathitic how you play a losing spin game....the pain you feel is your own, you realized that I proved the situation could equally apply to one side as the other, and that destroyed your credibility. Your game is old and transparent.... Your ruse and failure was uncovered, so you quickly try to turn blame away from yourself and place it on others. Parents know this game, children frequently use it an a means of denial. It's also funny that you should mention pissed off patients. I'm sure both companies would be happy to do a patient satisfaction survey, and present it to the city council. Cards are on the table, no spin... But we know the council would never allow that, eh? TOO MUCH TO HIDE..
reply to question

Garland, TX

#49 Dec 1, 2012
And, I know that you never mentioned pissed off patients... But I can play your game and spin off your comments as easily as you spin mine.
Tackmaster

Cherokee Village, AR

#50 Dec 2, 2012
Other lawsuits too. Grider is in deep poo poo. Why does the tax payer allow an attorney to lose so many times and pay so many tax dollars to the lawyers from out of town? Heard besides the hospital that there is a lawsuit against county for violating land use issues. Currently Looks like the case that happened in 2000, Hurst vs Holland. May be a Audit comeing to county regarding the Flood Plain and insurance. Shame on them! Vote the bums out TEA!!!
Hillbilly Jack my jaw

Jonesboro, AR

#51 Dec 2, 2012
Tackmaster wrote:
Other lawsuits too. Grider is in deep poo poo. Why does the tax payer allow an attorney to lose so many times and pay so many tax dollars to the lawyers from out of town? Heard besides the hospital that there is a lawsuit against county for violating land use issues. Currently Looks like the case that happened in 2000, Hurst vs Holland. May be a Audit comeing to county regarding the Flood Plain and insurance. Shame on them! Vote the bums out TEA!!!
Tackmaster, I believe that the reason for a attorney out of town. It's to big for him to handle and conflict of interest. That's what i was told. Maybe the truth or not? Couldn't say... But, I say this if Medic One doesn't follow the rules on 911. 911 will contact the Mayor and the Judge and then they will do something that a lot of city and county don't like to do as what City of Hoxie doing now.

Ash Flat, AR

#52 Dec 3, 2012
city isn't over 911.
well

Ash Flat, AR

#53 Dec 3, 2012
Hillbilly Jack my jaw wrote:
<quoted text> Tackmaster, I believe that the reason for a attorney out of town. It's to big for him to handle and conflict of interest. That's what i was told. Maybe the truth or not? Couldn't say... But, I say this if Medic One doesn't follow the rules on 911. 911 will contact the Mayor and the Judge and then they will do something that a lot of city and county don't like to do as what City of Hoxie doing now.
so what is city of hoxie doing?

United States

#54 Dec 3, 2012
Hillbilly Jack my jaw wrote:
<quoted text>Tackmaster, I believe that the reason for a attorney out of town. It's to big for him to handle and conflict of interest. That's what i was told. Maybe the truth or not? Couldn't say... But, I say this if Medic One doesn't follow the rules on 911. 911 will contact the Mayor and the Judge and then they will do something that a lot of city and county don't like to do as what City of Hoxie doing now.
What rules are they not following?
Nice Try

Ash Flat, AR

#55 Dec 3, 2012
What family members do you think that Pro-Med has in positions of authority?? Are you referring to Paula Lewis, Conrad's sister? That is a joke because everyone knows that she is estranged from her brother and constantly fights with her whole family. She would go out of her way to get back at them. So much for your "cold water." If you think ALL of the medical personnel are above reproach, then you are blinded by your bias. It is quite obvious where you work...
reply to question wrote:
<quoted text> And how about some more cold water thrown on your "bias" and "family" theory.... ProMed equally has family members in a position of authority at the hospital ER....So,if what you say is true, then why doesn't ProMed get all those runs? I'll tell you why that doesn't happen....because what you say isn't true, our medical personnel are above reproach. Citizens now have a choice of ambulance service,, and they exercise that choice.
please

Mountain Home, AR

#56 Dec 3, 2012
Will the city be able to somehow make pro-med the only ambulance service for the city?
my opinion

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#57 Dec 3, 2012
please wrote:
Will the city be able to somehow make pro-med the only ambulance service for the city?
city has no control over 911 but they do have control over jansen
reply to question

Dallas, TX

#58 Dec 3, 2012
Nice Try wrote:
What family members do you think that Pro-Med has in positions of authority?? Are you referring to Paula Lewis, Conrad's sister? That is a joke because everyone knows that she is estranged from her brother and constantly fights with her whole family. She would go out of her way to get back at them. So much for your "cold water." If you think ALL of the medical personnel are above reproach, then you are blinded by your bias. It is quite obvious where you work...
<quoted text>
So, your best effort is to base your argument on salacious gossip? Yourr wagging tongue spreads gossip, and you publicly accuse a hospital medical
employee of mishandling patients for some type of strange revenge. Do you really think the people you accuse are as corrupt as you say? They care for the lives of hundreds of people, a responsibility of which you obviously have no concept.
Your personal attacks are a sign of weakness, you are now grasping at straws. Remember, after all, the voters rejected PROMED's franchise. That is a provable fact, nothing else matters.
my opinion

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#59 Dec 3, 2012
imo the voters rejected the 6 council men mayor and city attorney, not promed.
reply to question

Dallas, TX

#60 Dec 4, 2012
my opinion wrote:
imo the voters rejected the 6 council men mayor and city attorney, not promed.
In essence, you are correct. But the only way to reject the city council in this matter was to legally reject the choice of the city council., and that was the effect of the vote. I'm sure that most voters did not have personal feelings against the employees and owners of PROMED. BUT, a significant number of voters preferred MedicOne. Not just employees and family....those people did not qualify to vote.
The bottom line is that people in power continue to refuse to believe that voters liked the old ambulance service, and that voters prferred to keep M1 as a choice. You look at the council minutes, has there been ANY public discussion of this apparent preference? The answer is no.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 min Bowser45 30,440
Do the theatre still have good shows? 15 min the truth 12
I must be obsolete 5 hr over the hill 5
Pee Wee 8 hr John Kirk 3
Chicken Plant 9 hr Feathers 3
head on collision on hwy 67 friday at 5:00 12 hr concerned 1
Wreck at Shannon 13 hr Joe 1
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web