More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,149

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story
Michigan sucks

Paris, AR

#10440 Jan 24, 2014
Warrior I started killing coyotes about 13 years ago me and three buddys of mine we call them in and bait them the best thing I have found is getting a chicken and tie a cable to one leg and stake the other in of it to the ground and use a rabbit call to call them in we keep track of what we kill on a calander we have killed 2327 coyotes 44 fox and 112 bobcats !!!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10441 Jan 25, 2014
I am off to hunt some more coyotes. I am getting a late start but at least it's cold out.
Michigan sucks

Paris, AR

#10442 Jan 27, 2014
We had a ok hunt this saturday we just killed 11 coyotes
Ridge Runner

Warrenton, MO

#10443 Jan 27, 2014
Maybe some thing in the air??? www.midwestwildlifeconnections.com
John

Jonesboro, AR

#10446 Jan 28, 2014
So, do you eat those coyotes or just kill them because you have a gun?
John

Jonesboro, AR

#10447 Jan 28, 2014
No "I" in cajun. The "I" belongs in the words Ignorant and hIllbilly.
Michigan sucks

Clarksville, AR

#10451 Jan 31, 2014
Good luck WARRIOR I will be hunting also all day saturday and part of the day sunday got to get ready to watch the big game

Good luck WARRIOR I will be hunting also all day saturday and part of the day sunday got to get ready for the game!!

james

United States

#10452 Jan 31, 2014
bad

Tampa, FL

#10455 Feb 2, 2014
Is this true?
curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#10458 Feb 2, 2014
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Hope you did well. We are also preparing for the game.
That's a big part of what is wrong with this country. Parasites are paid millions of dollars to play games that involve chasing balls. and the stadiums are funded by the taxpayers. Boycott all sports. Even boycott high school sports. don't allow your children to help make some overpaid parasite coachs living.
churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#10461 Feb 3, 2014
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
The free market dictates how much an individual makes. It's called capitalism. The taxpayers receive more than their fare share in revenue generated from games, hotel taxes, cab taxes, food taxes , merchandise taxes and so forth. It's a multi-billion dollar industry where everybody wins except those who can't see it.
Its not capitalisn when the public coffers are robbed to support and pay for any portion of the expence & infrastructure. Now you just repeted the liberal commie bullcrap. Those stadiums cost many more dollars to build and maintain than the tax revenue they generate. Half of the tax revenue generated is consumed by the goverment agencies that collect the taes. It cost more tax dollars for the extra police & public employees required to police the events. If those stadiums where big money makers the private companies would build their own. Paying parasite folks millions of dollars to play games while the making producers are swapping nickles is not sustainable. many public schools and colleges the biggest budget expence is athletics. Rome spent too much on their stadiums. the mayans did likewise . Only some one who has no life wants to live vicariously through watching some one else do things that they themselves cannot do.

North Richland Hills, TX

#10462 Feb 4, 2014
Woe I didn't see this
curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#10463 Feb 4, 2014
What happened to the promised glowbull warming. Ive already had enough of this snow ice and freezing weather. I wish I had a big pile of tires to burn . A big tire kill might help warm things up? At least here in my part of the Ozarks the electricity is still on. The TV and compueter is keeping my wife from getting cabin fever and going beserk! The livestock wont even come out of the barn. I stay busy keeping their drinking water thawed. One good thing the cold makes firewood eally easy to split. One good twak with the splitting mall does the job.
Weather man

Jonesboro, AR

#10465 Feb 4, 2014
It's crazy just like this weather
dd

United States

#10468 Feb 8, 2014
Tes

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10469 Feb 9, 2014
Michigan sucks wrote:
Warrior I started killing coyotes about 13 years ago me and three buddys of mine we call them in and bait them the best thing I have found is getting a chicken and tie a cable to one leg and stake the other in of it to the ground and use a rabbit call to call them in we keep track of what we kill on a calander we have killed 2327 coyotes 44 fox and 112 bobcats !!!
...Without any honor.....

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#10470 Feb 9, 2014
Michigan sucks wrote:
Good luck WARRIOR I will be hunting also all day saturday and part of the day sunday got to get ready to watch the big game
Good luck WARRIOR I will be hunting also all day saturday and part of the day sunday got to get ready for the game!!
Interesting philosophy. Say it twice to Warrior hoping it sinks in.

SE Michigan

#10471 Feb 9, 2014
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> That's a big part of what is wrong with this country. Parasites are paid millions of dollars to play games that involve chasing balls. and the stadiums are funded by the taxpayers. Boycott all sports. Even boycott high school sports. don't allow your children to help make some overpaid parasite coachs living.
I applaud this post!! I couldn't agree more!

SE Michigan

#10472 Feb 9, 2014
churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Its not capitalisn when the public coffers are robbed to support and pay for any portion of the expence & infrastructure. Now you just repeted the liberal commie bullcrap. Those stadiums cost many more dollars to build and maintain than the tax revenue they generate. Half of the tax revenue generated is consumed by the goverment agencies that collect the taes. It cost more tax dollars for the extra police & public employees required to police the events. If those stadiums where big money makers the private companies would build their own. Paying parasite folks millions of dollars to play games while the making producers are swapping nickles is not sustainable. many public schools and colleges the biggest budget expence is athletics. Rome spent too much on their stadiums. the mayans did likewise . Only some one who has no life wants to live vicariously through watching some one else do things that they themselves cannot do.
Standing applause! I feel the same way about TV. Watching people pretending to be things they are not is not my idea of entertainment. They are highly overpaid and their opinions over-inflated...like they have more knowledge than a commoner.

"Now you just repeted the liberal commie bullcrap."
So what's new?

SE Michigan

#10473 Feb 9, 2014
curmudgeon wrote:
What happened to the promised glowbull warming. Ive already had enough of this snow ice and freezing weather. I wish I had a big pile of tires to burn . A big tire kill might help warm things up? At least here in my part of the Ozarks the electricity is still on. The TV and compueter is keeping my wife from getting cabin fever and going beserk! The livestock wont even come out of the barn. I stay busy keeping their drinking water thawed. One good thing the cold makes firewood eally easy to split. One good twak with the splitting mall does the job.
Splitting wood is a thing of the past for me. I just flip the switch and the fireplace comes on instantly and stays on all day! It's SO NICE and toasty warm!
No trudging through the snow and ice for armfuls of wood.
No more insects coming to life in the house.
No more scary sparks shooting out onto the carpet.
You should switch to gas, Churm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Jenks 30,435
Dog Buy 13 hr Arley 1
Pee Wee 15 hr John Kirk 1
where's all the weed?? 15 hr Michael Itorus 3
begger 16 hr Info 7
Cheating (Aug '12) 18 hr set the record st... 50
Do the theatre still have good shows? Fri The truth 6
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pocahontas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pocahontas

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:00AM
Full AFC, NFC Playoff Outlook, Week 16 Predictions
NBC Sports 6:35 AM
Whitehurst: May not look like it, but we can win
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions