More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.
Comments
9,461 - 9,480 of 9,795 Comments Last updated 18 hrs ago
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
We get the same news....I just see it from a conservative's perspective.
They need to "scramble" a plane? Why not just take off when the call comes in? They are prepared, aren't they?
What would Mexico do if we flew an unwelcome plane into their airspace?
REALLY, LMAO! Yes the dopers call ahead to Law Enforcement when they are about to take off with their illegal cargo. They also chart a flight plan for all to see. Liberals have fascinating minds, weird but fascinating.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

<quoted text>
Why would that be offensive? Nobody was being exposed or exploited. And it was funny.
I thought the girl dancing was funny.
curmudgeon

Lake City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

OlPapaw wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to see unlimited power, tangle with Ar Game And Fish.Private property lines do not exist for enforcement people and they can seize weapons vehicles and people.
the Ar game & fish has gotten to big for its britches. The try and make up laws. They think they are a legislature. lot of what they do is uncounstitional and can be beat in court. they tried to make it illegal to carry a loaded gun in your vehicle and that was defeated in court.
load gun

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>the Ar game & fish has gotten to big for its britches. The try and make up laws. They think they are a legislature. lot of what they do is uncounstitional and can be beat in court. they tried to make it illegal to carry a loaded gun in your vehicle and that was defeated in court.
interesting,glad to hear that.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>REALLY, LMAO! Yes the dopers call ahead to Law Enforcement when they are about to take off with their illegal cargo. They also chart a flight plan for all to see. Liberals have fascinating minds, weird but fascinating.
LMAO. Don't you EVER think outside the box? The dopers don't have to call law enforcement before take off. One of OUR border guards, situated on OUR border, with a pair of BINOCULARS (like I use to see little birdies) can call other border guards who can then intercept the plane, or the occupants once they reach land and get to a highway. They will eventually get to a highway right? Or do they live off the land forever?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I thought the girl dancing was funny.
I have not seen any video of a girl dancing. But here's one for you. A nice, clean video of a girl dancing. Sorry, but she is wearing clothes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
jesse

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Hillary Clinton must be in town!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

<quoted text>LMAO. Don't you EVER think outside the box? The dopers don't have to call law enforcement before take off. One of OUR border guards, situated on OUR border, with a pair of BINOCULARS (like I use to see little birdies) can call other border guards who can then intercept the plane, or the occupants once they reach land and get to a highway. They will eventually get to a highway right? Or do they live off the land forever?
Well it's obvious that you don't have the mental capacity to understand how things work down here. It's not your fault totally, you are just ignorant of the facts seeing how you haven't spent any significant time along our border. You and Paul can think outside of the box all you want. That is what got this country into the mess it is in to begin with..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

<quoted text>
I have not seen any video of a girl dancing. But here's one for you. A nice, clean video of a girl dancing. Sorry, but she is wearing clothes.
I couldn't finish the video. I found it not only stupid but also disgusting that the so called lady would allow that dog to go between her legs in a sexual manner. Sick pervert if you ask me..

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's obvious that you don't have the mental capacity to understand how things work down here. It's not your fault totally, you are just ignorant of the facts seeing how you haven't spent any significant time along our border. You and Paul can think outside of the box all you want. That is what got this country into the mess it is in to begin with..
Wrong. It is YOUR two establishment parties, that you even acknowledged control this country and the elections, that opened the border and welcomed everyone and their uncle to come while they turned the other way and left all of us to deal with the problem. It is Paul who called for control down there, but nutcases like you and the ones you support wouldn't listen to him because he was labeled a nutcase by people who had a stake in his not getting elected president. It would have threatened the status quo....which was getting "this country into the mess" we now have. Keep voting for the same people over and over and you will learn the definition of insanity.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't finish the video. I found it not only stupid but also disgusting that the so called lady would allow that dog to go between her legs in a sexual manner. Sick pervert if you ask me..
LMAO. There was NOTHING sexual about that video. In fact, it is awesome. I must have watched it more than 20 times over the years. I love it every time.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

If anyone missed it, here it is again.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

LMAO! Here is your nutty old uncle Ron!

http://moonbattery.com/...
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

If anyone missed it, here it is again.
Does anybody know how to report abuse?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

No matter how many times this nut runs for president he will never be elected. He has a cult following similar to Obamas but his are mostly pot-heads!

Cooterville

Maumelle, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

jesse wrote:
Hillary Clinton must be in town!
Jesse Im sorry to inform you that was your mother in drag. Now stfu before I slap you with the big stromboli, do you understand? well do you pumpkin.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
LMAO! Here is your nutty old uncle Ron!
http://moonbattery.com/...
Thank you for posting that! Uncle Ron is DEAD ON and I'm surprised they let him keep talking for the whole minute!!! He obviously is very well versed in history, human nature and the political/economical turmoil that no great country has ever been immune to. Our founders warned us about trusting our government too much. Always remember, elected officials are nothing but mere mortals and they too can be corrupt, power-hungry, greedy and evil.

I don't want a fence on the border for other reasons. Namely ANIMALS need to cross back and forth freely. They don't have borders and they've been roaming the southern deserts for eons. Fencing it will separate families and reduce genetic variation in future generations, as well as preventing movement when food sources become scarce, or floods and other disasters happen.

As a nature photographer, it would also destroy the beautiful mountain, desert and sunset/sunrise photo opportunities with an ugly fence in the view.

Furthermore, a fence gives Mexico more land and exclusive rights to the river, as the fence would be built on OUR side of the border.

http://www.corson.org/archives/sociological/S...

There is your nature/history/politics lesson for the day.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Does anybody know how to report abuse?
LMAO dial 911.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
No matter how many times this nut runs for president he will never be elected. He has a cult following similar to Obamas but his are mostly pot-heads!
You post some nonsensical anti-Paul video by a guy who calls himself "The Amazing Athiest" and expect a God-loving, conservative to put any stock into it? Too funny.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Watch closely until the end!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
T and J contracting 1 hr Hard worker 6
T & J Contracting 1 hr Hard worker 12
Hospital tax voted down 1 hr guest 6
Missing Pocahontas woman found safe in Mississippi 3 hr Guest 80
How to run for Sheriff?? (Apr '10) 4 hr guest 11
Public Elected Officials Information 4 hr guest 52
Deans package store 10 hr guest 2
•••
•••