More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,063

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10154 Oct 31, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
This one is for my New Mexico friend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MqWtCoFzrIsXX
Bosque is Spanish for forest. It's approximately 2 hours from here. We go through there a few times a year. It's a pretty place but if you blink while driving through the town of San Antonio you will miss it.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10155 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
It is your beloved government that prevents them from doing their jobs!! Take Ramos and Campion. Or did you forget them?
"You do know that planes move faster than cars?"
That's why I specifically said the border patrol could meet the airplane occupants as they enter the highway. BP are in the area where the plane landed, are they not? Why not? If they can be at checkpoints, why can't they be dispatched to areas where strange planes have come down?
What would Mexico officials do if we ran across their border?
A vehicle can not get to a place as fast as a plane can. Do you not understand that? Planes can turn on a dime and land in clandestine places. Lots of illegal activity occurs with airplanes.

Ramos and Compean were stationed in Fabens, Texas. They both violated administrative policy as well as the law. They committed a crime and covered it up. You believe the politics around the case and do not know the truth behind the incident. Both deserved to be fired. I do not believe they should have spent time in prison. It is against the law to shoot fleeing people in the back, pick up your brass, throw said brass in a canal, lie to their supervisor, not do a report on the incident and pretend like it never happened. Then once confronted with the facts a year later lie about it on a government memo.

Mexico officials would shoot you if you ran across their border and did not stop when they yelled para-te!
churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#10156 Oct 31, 2013

A very handsome man goes into a talent agent office and says “I want to be a star. Stage, Screen or TV. I don’t care.” The TA asks him his name. He replies.“Penis Van Lesbian.” The TA responds with,“Sir in my experience in the industry that name will not fly.” The guy is upset and states he will not change his name because it has been in his family for generations and storms out of the office. Five years later the TA gets a letter with a check for $50.000. It states thank you for your honesty. You were correct and I did change my name. This is a token of my appreciation. Signed Dick Van Dyke.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#10159 Oct 31, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! If you fly low enough radar can not pick you up. If you land in remote desert areas or mountains how do you expect a vehicle to know where you are going to land and then be fast enough to be there before you do it? You do know that planes move faster than cars? You do know that bad guys that do bad stuff don't identify themselves with numbers on their wings or tail fins or tow banners with their names on it? The border is covered with agents. Statistics show there are only 20,000 agents nation wide and millions of people who want to cross illegally. It's you libs that tie the hands of these agents so they can not fully do their jobs..
"bad guys that do bad stuff don't identify themselves with numbers on their wings or tail fins"
LMAO...
Bad guys have wings and tail fins?
Ummm, Okkaaaaaayy....

SE Michigan

#10160 Oct 31, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty birds. Our swallows are gone, where do you think they went? They will return next year though. Those that return are they the parents or their young?
First question: I think they went south...
Second question: Both the parents and the young return, if they survive the winter.
:)

SE Michigan

#10161 Oct 31, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Bosque is Spanish for forest. It's approximately 2 hours from here. We go through there a few times a year. It's a pretty place but if you blink while driving through the town of San Antonio you will miss it.
It is high on my list of must see places, preferably in winter for the high bird concentrations.

SE Michigan

#10162 Oct 31, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>A vehicle can not get to a place as fast as a plane can. Do you not understand that? Planes can turn on a dime and land in clandestine places. Lots of illegal activity occurs with airplanes.
Illegals and drug dealers can get airplane rides and border guards can't? We spare no expense in protecting other country's borders, so that seems kind of odd to me.
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
Ramos and Compean were stationed in Fabens, Texas. They both violated administrative policy as well as the law. They committed a crime and covered it up. You believe the politics around the case and do not know the truth behind the incident. Both deserved to be fired. I do not believe they should have spent time in prison. It is against the law to shoot fleeing people in the back, pick up your brass, throw said brass in a canal, lie to their supervisor, not do a report on the incident and pretend like it never happened. Then once confronted with the facts a year later lie about it on a government memo.
So they did time for littering? A fine and 40 hours picking up trash on the border would have been sufficient.
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexico officials would shoot you if you ran across their border and did not stop when they yelled para-te!
I rest my case.

SE Michigan

#10163 Oct 31, 2013
churmudgeon wrote:
A very handsome man goes into a talent agent office and says “I want to be a star. Stage, Screen or TV. I don’t care.” The TA asks him his name. He replies.“Penis Van Lesbian.” The TA responds with,“Sir in my experience in the industry that name will not fly.” The guy is upset and states he will not change his name because it has been in his family for generations and storms out of the office. Five years later the TA gets a letter with a check for $50.000. It states thank you for your honesty. You were correct and I did change my name. This is a token of my appreciation. Signed Dick Van Dyke.
That is hilarious!!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10164 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
First question: I think they went south...
Second question: Both the parents and the young return, if they survive the winter.
:)
South like El Paso or Mexico or South America? I thought you were the bird expert? Never mind I will look it up.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10165 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Illegals and drug dealers can get airplane rides and border guards can't? We spare no expense in protecting other country's borders, so that seems kind of odd to me.
<quoted text>
So they did time for littering? A fine and 40 hours picking up trash on the border would have been sufficient.
<quoted text>
I rest my case.
Law Enforcement planes are not up and flying 24/7. It takes time to scramble a plane. And everything has a price tag on it even other countries security.

They did time for falsifying government documents, shooting a man in the back and covering it up.

It seems odd to me that you can't figure any of this out. I guess your country really doesn't get the education or the news we have over here..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10166 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
That is hilarious!!
You don't find that to be offensive to the LGBT community but you find a girl expressing herself dancing offensive. You libs are an interesting bunch..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10167 Oct 31, 2013

SE Michigan

#10168 Oct 31, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>South like El Paso or Mexico or South America? I thought you were the bird expert? Never mind I will look it up.
What species of swallow are they?

SE Michigan

#10169 Oct 31, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
Are you sure they are Barn Swallows and not Cliff, or Cave Swallows?

SE Michigan

#10170 Oct 31, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Law Enforcement planes are not up and flying 24/7. It takes time to scramble a plane. And everything has a price tag on it even other countries security.
They did time for falsifying government documents, shooting a man in the back and covering it up.
It seems odd to me that you can't figure any of this out. I guess your country really doesn't get the education or the news we have over here..
We get the same news....I just see it from a conservative's perspective.

They need to "scramble" a plane? Why not just take off when the call comes in? They are prepared, aren't they?

What would Mexico do if we flew an unwelcome plane into their airspace?

SE Michigan

#10171 Oct 31, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You don't find that to be offensive to the LGBT community but you find a girl expressing herself dancing offensive. You libs are an interesting bunch..
Why would that be offensive? Nobody was being exposed or exploited. And it was funny.

SE Michigan

#10172 Oct 31, 2013
Barn Swallows spend the winter in South and Central America.
http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Barn_Swall...
OlPapaw

United States

#10173 Oct 31, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>WOW! FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE! The Border Patrol is the only agency in the Nation allowed to do warrantless searches and seizures due to the proximity of the border. I don't expect a jail house lawyer or anybody lacking common sense to understand that. You know not all aircraft land at airports. Planes can fly over the border and land in a field, you also have many ultra light aircraft that transport illegal material across the border. You should stick to something you know about like the little yellow wobbler bird from Michigan..
If you want to see unlimited power, tangle with Ar Game And Fish.Private property lines do not exist for enforcement people and they can seize weapons vehicles and people.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10174 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
We get the same news....I just see it from a conservative's perspective.
They need to "scramble" a plane? Why not just take off when the call comes in? They are prepared, aren't they?
What would Mexico do if we flew an unwelcome plane into their airspace?
REALLY, LMAO! Yes the dopers call ahead to Law Enforcement when they are about to take off with their illegal cargo. They also chart a flight plan for all to see. Liberals have fascinating minds, weird but fascinating.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10175 Oct 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Why would that be offensive? Nobody was being exposed or exploited. And it was funny.
I thought the girl dancing was funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
second chance 59 min guest 11
any girls 14 hr guest 2
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 15 hr GuEst 29,898
wreck 15 hr Kimberly 46
Police chief: largest grow operation he's seen 18 hr Frank 5
Where's Ricky 20 hr Wonder 9
Marihuana Bust 21 hr Guest 2
Pocahontas Dating

more search filters

less search filters