More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 472)

Showing posts 9,421 - 9,440 of9,789
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WARRIOR

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Our "fineness" is determined by the number of vehicles we are allowed to own? Or is it that as long as we are doing "better" than other countries, everything is fine?
Did you have to show your papers and answer questions on your trip from Alamogordo to Clovis?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
There are no checkpoints from Alamogordo to Clovis. You cannot have an immigration checkpoint over 100 air miles from the border. Even a jail house lawyer like you should know that. I showed my papers when I was in Australia and New Zealand a few years back and had no issues in doing so. I also wore my seat belt and abided by THEIR laws when I was over there also..
WARRIOR

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

<quoted text>
You don't understand analogies, do you? The two parties are the flip side of the same coin. Yes, everything remains the same no matter which party is in power.
Maybe in you closed minded world. We have a blind school here in Alamogordo that you should sign up for..
WARRIOR

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

And while the sheep were asleep:
“Each day that passes means rising abuse, and even death, at the hands of hydrocodone-based drugs,” U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat, said in a statement.“I’m very pleased that the FDA has heeded my call and will tighten up control of one of the most highly prescribed -- and abused -- drugs on the market.”
Schumer called on the FDA in January to tighten controls on the drugs to “combat an unprecedented spike in prescription drug abuse in New York state and the country,” according to his statement.
The DEA had asked FDA to recommend the Schedule II reclassification that would limit refills to a 90-day supply instead of the current five refills within six months.
Who the F**K is he^^ to determine what, and how much, we can take for pain?
He is one of you libtard leaders.
WARRIOR

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

<quoted text>
What is the definition of BORDER PATROL?
60 miles inland is NOT on the border now, is it? A little common sense can go a long way here, Dude. Those checkpoints have NOTHING to do with trying to keep illegals out! NOTHING. In fact, our government WANTS illegals to come here. Why do you think they don't put those guards ON the border? Why do you think they talk about amnesty for all of them? Guest worker programs? This might give you an idea of what the checkpoints are REALLY for?
You must be very good looking to be married because it's obvious that you don't have any brains. Why don't you look at the number of apprehensions and seizures in illegal aliens, narcotics and other criminal activity those checkpoints encounter daily, monthly and yearly. You have no common sense what so ever. Putting all border guards on the border would be like a football team putting all 11 of their defensive players on the line of scrimmage. Use your head for something besides a hat rack.

Since: Jun 13

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

churmudgeon wrote:
Does anyone know how to square a round hole?
Radius times pi ?
churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

are we having fun yet?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>There are no checkpoints from Alamogordo to Clovis. You cannot have an immigration checkpoint over 100 air miles from the border. Even a jail house lawyer like you should know that. I showed my papers when I was in Australia and New Zealand a few years back and had no issues in doing so. I also wore my seat belt and abided by THEIR laws when I was over there also..
Of course you showed your papers. You weren't protected under the US Constitution and the fourth and fifth Amendments didn't apply there.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You must be very good looking to be married because it's obvious that you don't have any brains. Why don't you look at the number of apprehensions and seizures in illegal aliens, narcotics and other criminal activity those checkpoints encounter daily, monthly and yearly. You have no common sense what so ever. Putting all border guards on the border would be like a football team putting all 11 of their defensive players on the line of scrimmage. Use your head for something besides a hat rack.
"Why don't you look at the number of apprehensions and seizures in illegal aliens, narcotics and other criminal activity those checkpoints encounter daily,"

You have no sense of Constitutional Protections whatsoever. Any citizen within our border is presumed INNOCENT. Therefore, there is NO CAUSE to stop them at random.....period!
I guess you missed the part of the video where they said the checkpoints are just a front for a different agenda.

If they want to stop illegals from entering the country, they need to be ON the border, period.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

churmudgeon wrote:
are we having fun yet?
I don't know about that, but I just wanted to see what my next four digit image would be.
whowantstostopth em

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

<quoted text>
"Why don't you look at the number of apprehensions and seizures in illegal aliens, narcotics and other criminal activity those checkpoints encounter daily,"
You have no sense of Constitutional Protections whatsoever. Any citizen within our border is presumed INNOCENT. Therefore, there is NO CAUSE to stop them at random.....period!
I guess you missed the part of the video where they said the checkpoints are just a front for a different agenda.
If they want to stop illegals from entering the country, they need to be ON the border, period.
I think that border patrol would work best if placed on the other side of the border so they can do preemptive stoppage...or get killed by "Fast & Furious" "FULLY AUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS" so Eric Holder knows they showed up again.):

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

<quoted text>
Of course you showed your papers. You weren't protected under the US Constitution and the fourth and fifth Amendments didn't apply there.
Your point is? I know you libtards don't like laws, unless they apply to other people of course..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

<quoted text>
LMAO! The Supreme Court has upheld the legality of those checkpoints. How many of them do you have to go through? If you don't like the law then lobby to change it. That is part of our system. How do you stop people who fly in or who tunnel under or drive through or run through the border? Once they get through do you just let them go or do you go after them in the interior. It's obvious that you don't put a whole lot of thought into anything other than birding..

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Your point is? I know you libtards don't like laws, unless they apply to other people of course..
Our Constitutional rights are more important than laws passed on whims by corrupt politicians.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! The Supreme Court has upheld the legality of those checkpoints. How many of them do you have to go through? If you don't like the law then lobby to change it. That is part of our system. How do you stop people who fly in or who tunnel under or drive through or run through the border? Once they get through do you just let them go or do you go after them in the interior. It's obvious that you don't put a whole lot of thought into anything other than birding..
They also upheld the legality of the fifth amendment and our "right" to not answer any questions without a lawyer present, AND the fourth amendment relating to illegal searches without a warrant.

"How do you stop people who fly in or who tunnel under or drive through or run through the border?"
Are you saying the TSA is useless and they are wasting their time searching innocent Americans?

"Once they get through do you just let them go?"
Obviously, they do.

It's obvious that you are very naïve and believe everything they tell you on Fox.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

<quoted text>
They also upheld the legality of the fifth amendment and our "right" to not answer any questions without a lawyer present, AND the fourth amendment relating to illegal searches without a warrant.
"How do you stop people who fly in or who tunnel under or drive through or run through the border?"
Are you saying the TSA is useless and they are wasting their time searching innocent Americans?
"Once they get through do you just let them go?"
Obviously, they do.
It's obvious that you are very naïve and believe everything they tell you on Fox.
WOW! FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE! The Border Patrol is the only agency in the Nation allowed to do warrantless searches and seizures due to the proximity of the border. I don't expect a jail house lawyer or anybody lacking common sense to understand that. You know not all aircraft land at airports. Planes can fly over the border and land in a field, you also have many ultra light aircraft that transport illegal material across the border. You should stick to something you know about like the little yellow wobbler bird from Michigan..

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>WOW! FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE! The Border Patrol is the only agency in the Nation allowed to do warrantless searches and seizures due to the proximity of the border. I don't expect a jail house lawyer or anybody lacking common sense to understand that. You know not all aircraft land at airports. Planes can fly over the border and land in a field, you also have many ultra light aircraft that transport illegal material across the border. You should stick to something you know about like the little yellow wobbler bird from Michigan..
"Planes can fly over the border and land in a field, you also have many ultra light aircraft that transport illegal material across the border"
Good point. That's why the border Patrol belongs ON the border. THAT is where the interceptions, or identification of potential illegal crossings, need to be made. Or don't they have the capability to use binoculars to identify the plane, track it on radar, and meet the occupants when it lands or when they hit the highway?

They can track birdies on radar; why not planes?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

How cool Is this!!!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

<quoted text>
"Planes can fly over the border and land in a field, you also have many ultra light aircraft that transport illegal material across the border"
Good point. That's why the border Patrol belongs ON the border. THAT is where the interceptions, or identification of potential illegal crossings, need to be made. Or don't they have the capability to use binoculars to identify the plane, track it on radar, and meet the occupants when it lands or when they hit the highway?
They can track birdies on radar; why not planes?
LMAO! If you fly low enough radar can not pick you up. If you land in remote desert areas or mountains how do you expect a vehicle to know where you are going to land and then be fast enough to be there before you do it? You do know that planes move faster than cars? You do know that bad guys that do bad stuff don't identify themselves with numbers on their wings or tail fins or tow banners with their names on it? The border is covered with agents. Statistics show there are only 20,000 agents nation wide and millions of people who want to cross illegally. It's you libs that tie the hands of these agents so they can not fully do their jobs..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

How cool Is this!!!
Pretty birds. Our swallows are gone, where do you think they went? They will return next year though. Those that return are they the parents or their young?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,421 - 9,440 of9,789
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hospital Tax 28 min North East Arkansas Lady 32
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Speller Feller 28,918
Imperial Theater (Aug '12) 2 hr Guest 108
Kristy Davisand Kendal Davis 9 hr curious 11
Public Elected Officials Information 10 hr Guest 21
bruce davis (Feb '10) 11 hr riverside 7
Funeral Home 11 hr Hokey Pokey 69
•••
•••