More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.
Comments
9,401 - 9,420 of 9,791 Comments Last updated 21 hrs ago

Since: Jun 13

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
An educated person like you has nothing substantial to share?
It knows how to reproduce! Don't antagonize it!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2013

Ol Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
It knows how to reproduce! Don't antagonize it!
Things aren't always as they appear.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

And while the sheep were asleep:

“Each day that passes means rising abuse, and even death, at the hands of hydrocodone-based drugs,” U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat, said in a statement.“I’m very pleased that the FDA has heeded my call and will tighten up control of one of the most highly prescribed -- and abused -- drugs on the market.”

Schumer called on the FDA in January to tighten controls on the drugs to “combat an unprecedented spike in prescription drug abuse in New York state and the country,” according to his statement.

The DEA had asked FDA to recommend the Schedule II reclassification that would limit refills to a 90-day supply instead of the current five refills within six months.

Who the F**K is he^^ to determine what, and how much, we can take for pain?
dumpsterdisposed Wheeler

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

A parent wrote:
You all are dumb.
I wish I had been as smart as Snowden was/is? Whistle blowers are killed here and before very long "if" powers are let be, they will be killed by drones, at the Presidents whim. Over history countries last 250 years so time to make a "change" maybe? Maybe Pine Bluff could Phosgene Washington instead of us?
WARRIOR

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>Really Im past 60 an I have the exact same access to the technology as the younger folks. As a matter of fact since Im over sixty I can attend any college or higher learning school in the state tuition free. The only future those young folks face is to be subjects of the NWO. The USA is in decline. Today is as good as it gets. Tomorrow will be worse. Myself I have pretty much quit. The government regulations red tape and taxes where just too big a pain in the ass. I gave my children and look at any third world country. within ten years the USA will be the same. Until there are more making producers and fewer taking parasites things for a working person will be worse. Back when I owned 300 cars. I would buy the junkers at the car auctions. No dealers licence required just pay cash. I would junk some and use the parts to fix others up. I had cars for sale everywhere leave a lot them at a gas station. Tell the station owner I need x amount of dollars everything over that is yours. give them the title and shake hands. folks had jobs and could afford more than two cars. Most familys only the husband worked. And they did more than just get by they thrived & progressed. Its very rare for a family to have only one parent working now. And even with two bread winners they barely scrape by. The US American dream is dying withering on the vine. very soon we will look back and wish we had the Robust (in comparison) economy we had on Oct. 24 2013 . I gave my children grandchildren all of My Mini storage and sales lot property. And they cant make very much on paid for established buisnesses. The tax people insurance and utility parasites take over half of the gross revenue. Then there is maintaince and office expences to boot. The middle class is going extinct. Yes a few of the younger folks will excel and make it big. By and large most will live at poverty level. They are to be saddled with the great amount of debt that is currently being amassed. You don't need to imagine about 100 years. Just take a look at where we will be in ten years.The USA will just be another third world country governed by the NWO. In the years most of the rabid gun toting patriot,s will not be a deterrent. The NWO will have free rein.
I won't nor my family ever give up. I just sold a 123 units of mini storage a couple of months ago. I can not remember when I didn't have at least 5 vehicles. We have worked hard and we have been blessed. This country will be fine compared to the others.
WARRIOR

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

<quoted text>
According to your own definition, you can see that I am no lib.(Not that there's anything wrong with being one)
What I have learned over the years is that people have lots of different political viewpoints, regardless of party affiliation...which is actually meaningless in a country where both parties are one in the same. Kinda like you and your spouse...together you are "one," but you are total opposites when compared to each other. Unless your spouse is a man, of course.
Yes, I am consistent. I don't change opinions depending on who my audience is.... Unless new facts are brought to my attention and that gives me a reason to change. I am always willing to look at facts when they are presented....are you?
Anyone who knows me knows what a positive attitude I have. But having a positive attitude doesn't mean I can't see the truth and speak the truth.
Yes, most young people have an opportunity to have a bright, wonderful future. But that opportunity doesn't change the fact about what's going on with our elected politicians tearing down the Constitution. That is the one thing that threatens what their future will be like.
If you think both parties are the same than you are completely blind..
WARRIOR

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Maybe I missed something, but none of those people answered the question to the guards satisfaction. The border guards gave up because they knew there wasn't a thing that they could do about it.
LMAO! It is the law that you must state your citizenship at a Border Patrol checkpoint. The Supreme Court has upheld this law. Think about it, try and use just a little common sense, if they couldn't do their job they wouldn't be there now would they..
WARRIOR

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Oh, I get it. The big outdoors man/hunter/camper/fisherman/su rvivalist doesn't know anything about anything that can be found in the wild. Too funny.
Typical lib response, can't refute the facts, so you deflect and attack..

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I won't nor my family ever give up. I just sold a 123 units of mini storage a couple of months ago. I can not remember when I didn't have at least 5 vehicles. We have worked hard and we have been blessed. This country will be fine compared to the others.
Our "fineness" is determined by the number of vehicles we are allowed to own? Or is it that as long as we are doing "better" than other countries, everything is fine?

Did you have to show your papers and answer questions on your trip from Alamogordo to Clovis?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>If you think both parties are the same than you are completely blind..
You don't understand analogies, do you? The two parties are the flip side of the same coin. Yes, everything remains the same no matter which party is in power.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>If you think both parties are the same than you are completely blind..
You are the blind one if you can't see how they have you fooled into thinking they offer something different from each other.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! It is the law that you must state your citizenship at a Border Patrol checkpoint. The Supreme Court has upheld this law. Think about it, try and use just a little common sense, if they couldn't do their job they wouldn't be there now would they..
What is the definition of BORDER PATROL?
60 miles inland is NOT on the border now, is it? A little common sense can go a long way here, Dude. Those checkpoints have NOTHING to do with trying to keep illegals out! NOTHING. In fact, our government WANTS illegals to come here. Why do you think they don't put those guards ON the border? Why do you think they talk about amnesty for all of them? Guest worker programs? This might give you an idea of what the checkpoints are REALLY for?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

"if they couldn't do their job they wouldn't be there now would they.."
If you're talking about government jobs, yes, they would still be there, even if they weren't needed.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Typical lib response, can't refute the facts, so you deflect and attack..
Not an attack, just a fact according to what YOU said.

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You are the blind one if you can't see how they have you fooled into thinking they offer something different from each other.
Republicants and demorats, thieves in different gangs.

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Canadian geese descending on Burns Park in North Little Rock.Talk of a hunt or deploying border collies to keep them moving.There will be goose poop covering the park grounds.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Ol Papaw wrote:
Canadian geese descending on Burns Park in North Little Rock.Talk of a hunt or deploying border collies to keep them moving.There will be goose poop covering the park grounds.
OH NO..... Not ..........GEEEEEESE!!!!
churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

I seen a flock of low flying geese headed south today. They flew directly over us. My wife stated I hope we don't get pooped on. We where lucky and didn't get hit.
churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

There was a little frog who was eaten by an Eagle. Swallowed whole. The frog was alive in the eagles stomach. He worked his way through the eagles intestines and peeked out his A$$ hole. They where soaring very high. The frog asked the eagle how high are we? the Eagle replied about two miles up. The frog asked you wouldn't $hit me now would you?
churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Does anyone know how to square a round hole?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Funeral Home 7 hr Lana 75
chicken house 7 hr guest 5
riverside 9 hr riverside worker 6
mcnabb funeral home 9 hr richard head 12
Rhonda Neece 9 hr richard head 7
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 14 hr fyi 28,991
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) 16 hr heather 1,763
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••