More than 1,000 dead birds fall from ...

More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

There are 10198 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jan 2, 2011, titled More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#10026 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>When you have a 9 year old boy you are an old man at any age over 40. 47 to be exact..LOL!
Good night, Old Man!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10027 Oct 20, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you believe in eternal life......
I do.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#10028 Oct 21, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>There is a word called "accident" for a reason.
After losing a child in a car wreck. I never call them accidents. I call them car crashes. most are caused by driving too fast for conditions.

Since: Jun 13

United States

#10029 Oct 21, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>After losing a child in a car wreck. I never call them accidents. I call them car crashes. most are caused by driving too fast for conditions.
Loose nut on steering wheel.Budweiser injected.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#10030 Oct 21, 2013
MsNewNew wrote:
I agree, I think some kind of gas fumes cause the death of these poor birds. If they are breathing it so are we.
you have three badges I two but I am not sure how got the or what they mean thank you in advance.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10031 Oct 21, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>After losing a child in a car wreck. I never call them accidents. I call them car crashes. most are caused by driving too fast for conditions.
Agreed.

My condolences.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10032 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>
How much you got to lose?
I will be everything I own.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10033 Oct 21, 2013
"BET"
crash dummies

Little Rock, AR

#10034 Oct 21, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> most are caused by driving too fast for conditions.
I beg to differ...most are caused by stupid ignorant axxholes that drive such as too fast for conditions or W.T.F.I.A.T.S. shat even(hint:turn signal). I.Q. tests for drivers should be more important case than Obamacare.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#10035 Oct 21, 2013
That's strange.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10036 Oct 22, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
That's strange.
Not as strange as all of your posts..

SE Michigan

#10037 Oct 22, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
I hate speeders. Cars should be built to travel no faster than the speed limit sign for the road they are on.
Oh yeah, and they should automatically slow down if heat sensors in the front detect a heat source close to the road up ahead. Think of all the animals it would save....and maybe even people too.
Sorry for your loss.

SE Michigan

#10038 Oct 22, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I will be everything I own.
I forgot what the challenge was.

SE Michigan

#10039 Oct 22, 2013
I suspected that this cold front would send some blackbirds fleeing. I was right. Had a flock of about 5000+ heading south this evening before dusk.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10040 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
I hate speeders. Cars should be built to travel no faster than the speed limit sign for the road they are on.
Oh yeah, and they should automatically slow down if heat sensors in the front detect a heat source close to the road up ahead. Think of all the animals it would save....and maybe even people too.
Sorry for your loss.
Typical LIB! You want to remove other peoples FREEDOMS because you don't like them.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10041 Oct 22, 2013
I suspected that this cold front would send some blackbirds fleeing. I was right. Had a flock of about 5000+ heading south this evening before dusk.
I don't like those Grakles (sic) at all.....

SE Michigan

#10043 Oct 22, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Typical LIB! You want to remove other peoples FREEDOMS because you don't like them.
No, I want to PROTECT peoples freedoms. Like the freedom to arrive home safely every day. Speeders do not have the freedom to disobey the speed LIMIT. There are rules of the road you know. Or do you suddenly not like laws that protect people??

SE Michigan

#10044 Oct 22, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I don't like those Grakles (sic) at all.....
What grackles do you get; Great-tailed or Common?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10045 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
No, I want to PROTECT peoples freedoms. Like the freedom to arrive home safely every day. Speeders do not have the freedom to disobey the speed LIMIT. There are rules of the road you know. Or do you suddenly not like laws that protect people??
So if you are having a Heart Attack or your dogs just swallowed some poison and you or your husband are rushing you guys to the hospital you want him to do 25 MPH as the speed limit dictates in places. You libs are fascinating..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10046 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
What grackles do you get; Great-tailed or Common?
Black.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proud 56 min WRONG 11
needed 1 hr Melissa 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 hr Chig 33,340
Best Tax Preparer 14 hr awesome2014 6
Cooking advice 16 hr Good timer 6
Bo Shipp Wed Damn drugs 26
Peco foods Mon Crzybiz 12

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance