More than 1,000 dead birds fall from ...

More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

There are 10198 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jan 2, 2011, titled More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9986 Oct 20, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Arkansas doesn't use temporary tags. You can legally operate without a plate for ten days. You must have proof of insurance immediately.
http://www.arstemptags.com/files/QuickSiteIma...
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9987 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
That's only if you buy a car from a authorized dealer. If you buy from a person who isn't a dealer you simply drive without license plates If you get stopped within ten days you need to show proof of insurance and a dated bill of sale or a filled out dated title. I you put license plate that hasn't been transferred you could be charged with ficticous tags.

Since: Jun 13

United States

#9988 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Not so much. I am on top of the food chain even when I am surrounded by other humans. I am a trained predator you could say..
Green beret ninja seal are you? Mighty inflated ego
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9989 Oct 20, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Something like that, don't have the time or patience for a deflated one..

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9990 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>My family eats big game meat and fish all year long. If we were starving we would just go kill another big game animal, or some of my quail or doves or my parrots or a hawk, or even my dogs. Starving people will find something to eat and the law won't stop them? Are you starving?
You compare other species on earth with that of human intelligence. Maybe your issue is with God and not so much with me! Interesting..
As a matter of fact I am a little hungry. But the pizza I'm enjoying right now will solve that problem.

To each his own, but I would starve before I would eat my dog. Guaranteed he would do the same.

I don't have an issue with you. Just the wacky things you say.

SE Michigan

#9991 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I welcome the Mute Swan, seat belts and air bags. That is what FREEDOM is about!
I welcome seat belts and air bags as well. I especially like it when I have a choice of which one, if any, I want to purchase and/or use.

SE Michigan

#9992 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad there are laws in place that make my children and my family wear seat belts. Seat belts and air bags save lives! They also protect the tax payer against subsidizing stupid peoples medical bills when they don't use them and they crash and require years of medical care. You are a big girl, you don't have to wear your seat belt and you can even pop off the cover of that air bag compartment and disable it. The wonderful thing about life is that it is full of choices and YOU get to make those choices!
As a man and a father, why not make your own kids wear seat belts? Only liberals need government to decide what's best for them. Seat belts and air bags also kill people. Depends on what kind of accident you're in.

"YOU get to make those choices!"
You say ^^this^^ right after you say, "there are laws in place that make my children and my family wear seat belts."
Too funny.

SE Michigan

#9993 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Not so much. I am on top of the food chain even when I am surrounded by other humans. I am a trained predator you could say..
Try living in the wilds of New Mexico without a gun and then tell me you are at the top of the food chain.

SE Michigan

#9994 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Ignorance is no excuse of the law. There is no such thing as just cause in my country. Here in the United States we have mere suspicion, suspicion and probable cause. One can elevate to the other. I was not on his stop so I do not know the level of suspicion he had when he encountered "Mr. Smith". Maybe just maybe Mr. Smith gave him consent to search the vehicle. You ever think of that in your law class. Maybe if you pay attention more in law class you will learn more about the law!(sound familiar?) Maybe the Officer was suspicious of everybody that day because a terrorist set off a bomb killing many innocent people. One thing for sure Mr. Smith is dead, burning in HELL and this world is better off now!
Is it really? How can you be so sure he really committed that act? Or played a big a role as they claim? Because the government said so? I guess in your liberal mind, whatever the government says is fact. Other people aren't so sure: the people who actually lost loved ones in the attack.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story...

SE Michigan

#9995 Oct 20, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> that very first chicken hatched from an egg that was laid by a bird that was not a chicken. For arguments sake lets call it a cluck a luck. Any egg a cluck a luck laid would be naturally called a culck a luck egg. Until the first cluck a luck mated with some other type of bird or a genetic quirk caused the embrio to become a chicken there where no chicken eggs. Until that first chicken became old enough to lay eggs there where no chicken eggs inexistence. We had a mock trial in High school. the dispute was over what came first. Of course I was the mock attorney who asserted the chicken came first. The twelve mock juiors agreed. The answer if applied in this case was the first chicken hatched from a genetictly altered cluck a luck egg.
Is that question so much about chickens; or how life began in general? What came first; the blackbird, or the egg? A bird must come from an egg. But an egg must be laid by a bird. Something to think of......

SE Michigan

#9996 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
Too funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ByF3Obv-z_YXX
Hot pursuit for seatbelt violation? Not funny to the family:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

SE Michigan

#9997 Oct 20, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: Liberal Green beret ninja seal

Since: Apr 13

Utica, NY

#9998 Oct 20, 2013
what

Since: Jun 13

United States

#9999 Oct 20, 2013
The title Green beret ninja seal was coined by Viet-Nam veterans to describe the wanna bes that lied about serving in the armed forces or 'Nam.
Might not fit warrior. He is a double naught spy.

SE Michigan

#10000 Oct 20, 2013
I want the distinction of posting number 10,000 on this thread!

SE Michigan

#10001 Oct 20, 2013
Number 1000 would be good too. :)
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10002 Oct 20, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
As a man and a father, why not make your own kids wear seat belts? Only liberals need government to decide what's best for them. Seat belts and air bags also kill people. Depends on what kind of accident you're in.
"YOU get to make those choices!"
You say ^^this^^ right after you say, "there are laws in place that make my children and my family wear seat belts."
Too funny.
Well kids are sort of like your dogs, you can't be with them 24/7 so all you can do is pray, plan for the worse and hope for the best. You see in the United States it has been proven that seat belts and air bags save many more lives than they take. It is extremely rare for somebody to lose their life because of a seat belt or air bag, it is almost nonexistent. God gave Free Men Free Will. Nobody makes you wear your seat belt, you do it because you want to and you know it.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10003 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Try living in the wilds of New Mexico without a gun and then tell me you are at the top of the food chain.
LMAO! I could survive in the wild a hell of a lot longer than you with or without a gun. I am highly skilled in the outdoors. You see if I was hungry I would kill your dogs and eat them first. You could never do that..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10004 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Is it really? How can you be so sure he really committed that act? Or played a big a role as they claim? Because the government said so? I guess in your liberal mind, whatever the government says is fact. Other people aren't so sure: the people who actually lost loved ones in the attack.
Why is it the only thing you liberals believe in are Conspiracy Theories? Interesting state of mind.....
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10005 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Don't be an idiot all of your life. I lost family in that building on that day..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proud 57 min guest 12
needed 3 hr Melissa 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 8 hr Chig 33,340
Best Tax Preparer 17 hr awesome2014 6
Cooking advice 18 hr Good timer 6
Bo Shipp Wed Damn drugs 26
Peco foods Mon Crzybiz 12

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance