More than 1,000 dead birds fall from ...

More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

There are 10203 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jan 2, 2011, titled More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9927 Oct 19, 2013
I still can't get over this. The liberal mind is fascinating.

"We have swans down in Heber Springs every year! Beautiful birds"
Yes, they are beautiful. They are also not natives (assuming they are Mute Swans) and need to be removed.... for the good of the native ducks and geese.

I remove coyotes for the good of my deer and you think I am evil. Why do you hate deer so much? Libs crack me up!

Since: Jun 13

United States

#9928 Oct 19, 2013
The swans migrate, the man that owns the pond likes them .
Catch the blurb at top of topix? Pennsylvania police chief suspended for video cursing libtards ! Must be an epidemic
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9929 Oct 20, 2013
The fact is passing laws dosent necessarily solve the preceved problem. You cannot legislate moral behavior. You can only police a people or society to the extent that they allow you to. Myself if given half a chance ill obey most laws. However if I believe a certain law infringes on the god given inalienable rights the framers outlined in the Bill or Rights. I believe its my patriotic duty to not obey it. Every person has to make their own decision,s after all their the one who has to live with them.

United States

#9930 Oct 20, 2013
I get my rights from nature.I am on top of the food chain as long as I have weapons or skill to keep me there.As a primal creature, I want to procreate, and survive.Damn evolution! Now I want my mate and offspring to survive.
Someone builds hut next to ours, no problem, I can cave his head in.
Uh oh , two huts, now village, I have to get along, or they cave my head in.
Uh oh, civilization, I no like, I rape, rob, pillage and plunder.
Uh oh, they cave my head in.
Peace, live in it or rest in it.

United States

#9931 Oct 20, 2013
Freedom has a special taste for those who have fought for it.
199th Light Infantry Brigade
Republic of Viet-Nam

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9932 Oct 20, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
Laws are to protect the population from one another.
Was Timothy McVeigh showing his freedom?
Well, now he is in permanent time out.
You work in the system to reform laws you disagree with.
You lobby congress to pass laws you favor.
If the city has too many regulations, move out, get a little piece of property.
The forefathers rose up against taxes from a King(whose qualifications were inherited). This radical idea of "all or nothing" makes you more of a Unabomber than a John Hancock. IMHO
"Laws are to protect the population from one another."
You would THINK that's the way it should be.

"Was Timothy McVeigh showing his freedom?"
Timothy McVeigh violated the rights of other people, did he not, when he killed them?(assuming he actually committed the crime.)

"You work in the system to reform laws you disagree with.
You lobby congress to pass laws you favor."
How many years do you suppose it would take me, working within the system, to eliminate the seatbelt law, or the law requiring airbags in cars? Or any other number of laws that violate my rights as a free citizen?

"If the city has too many regulations, move out, get a little piece of property."
I don't live in the city. I have a piece of property. The laws don't change here.

"This radical idea of "all or nothing" makes you more of a Unabomber than a John Hancock."
I'm "radical" because I believe in the wisdom of our founders and love freedom? You and Warrior are two peas in a pod, aren't you? Maybe you're even butt buddies. That's okay though. If you are both consenting adults and not violating anyone else's rights, have at it.

SE Michigan

#9933 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Most people do not realize this but FREEDOM is actually a very messy business. I know first hand seeing how I spent decades ensuring its existence as we know it, continues in America. You sure do seem to have a lot of Freedom issues where you live. Freedom is something that can not be experienced by mere words alone. Freedom must be seen, touched and felt by the hand as well as the heart. Freedom is not liking what you see on the television or computer but knowing living in a free society entitles others to view such material. Freedom is changing the channel instead of protesting to get it banned. Freedom is living and letting others live. Freedom is something only you can experience if you move to a free country, a free place, a place where, like I live..
Freedom is also walking down the street without the threat of being confined behind four walls for many years of my life because some uniformed member of society realized I was able able to defend myself from the criminal element and hauled me away against my will. The freedom of self-defense comes from God, not from other men.

Freedom is driving down the road that I pay for in a car that I bought without fear of some uniformed member of society peering in at me, or photographing me from a distance, and making me give some third party my hard-earned money, because some other dude that I don't know decided there needs to be a restricting strap around mid-section while I drive.

"Freedom is not liking what you see on the television or computer but knowing living in a free society entitles others to view such material."
Freedom also means knowing right from wrong and bad from good. Freedom gives you the ability to make wise choices.

SE Michigan

#9934 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>There are laws on the books that regulate hunting season, the dates, the times, the places, the number of animals you can kill and how you can kill and retrieve them just to name a few. I abide by all such laws. There are no laws on coyotes or snakes so I kill them at will. I hope this helps..
Just like I said, so many laws!!! LOL
As a FREE individual, don't you have a problem being TOLD by some other human that you can only eat certain FOODS at certain times of the year? What do you suppose the hawks would do if some supreme hawk suddenly said other hawks must obey new killing laws and could only eat on certain days?

But no, you did NOT answer my specific question.

SE Michigan

#9935 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
Yes, they are beautiful. They are also not natives (assuming they are Mute Swans) and need to be removed.... for the good of the native ducks and geese.
LMFAO! "And need to be removed"
REALLY? You libs sure do pick and choose the things you like now don't you! LOL!
I didn't say I didn't "like" the swans. I do. But native species ALWAYS takes precedence over the introduced/alien species in cases where the aliens are aggressive and killing or outcompeting the natives for resources, such as nesting sites. Ever seen an altercation between swans and geese in a place where they are both trying to nest? The swans always win, but the geese are the native species.

SE Michigan

#9936 Oct 20, 2013
It's not a "lib" picking and choosing. It's someone with an education knowing a little about healthy native ecosystems.

SE Michigan

#9937 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
Thanks to the law this guy was caught before he could commit any more terrorism!
McVeigh hops into his Mercury and heads north out of the city. At 10:20 A.M., while driving north on I-35 about 35 miles from the Kansas border, McVeigh is stopped by trooper Charles Hanger for having no license plates on his vehicle. He is arrested for having no vehicle registration, no license plates, and carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. He is booked and lodged in the county jail in Perry, Oklahoma.
That sentence could just as easily read: Smith hops into his Mercury and heads north out of the city. At 10:20 A.M., while driving north on I-35 about 35 miles from the Kansas border, Smith is stopped by trooper Charles Hanger for having no license plates on his vehicle. He is arrested for having no vehicle registration, no license plates, and carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. He is booked and lodged in the county jail in Perry, Oklahoma.

What crime did Smith commit against an individual citizen according trooper Charles Hanger?(other than not giving the government money?)
What about the 2nd amendment? Does Smith NOT have right to carry a weapon, without giving the government even more money?
Why did Smith immediately lose his freedom for PRESUMABLY not violating anybody's rights and being PRESUMED innocent until he's found guilty in court?

SE Michigan

#9938 Oct 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
I still can't get over this. The liberal mind is fascinating.
I remove coyotes for the good of my deer and you think I am evil. Why do you hate deer so much? Libs crack me up!
coyotes/deer- both natives! Both have done well together for thousands of years, until humans came into the country and thought they knew better.

Please take an environmental science/ecology class. You'll learn a lot...if you pay attention.

I never said you are evil, nor do I think you are. I just think you are so wrong, and so misguided, to be so hell-bent on destroying every predator you see.
Senior Brandon

Sherwood, AR

#9939 Oct 20, 2013
No one gives a shit about dead birds. Damn this happened.. What? 2 years ago. Get over it. Damn. It's annoying hearing it everyday on here. Grow up and find something else to do with your lifes.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9941 Oct 20, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Laws are to protect the population from one another."
You would THINK that's the way it should be.
"Was Timothy McVeigh showing his freedom?"
Timothy McVeigh violated the rights of other people, did he not, when he killed them?(assuming he actually committed the crime.)
"You work in the system to reform laws you disagree with.
You lobby congress to pass laws you favor."
How many years do you suppose it would take me, working within the system, to eliminate the seatbelt law, or the law requiring airbags in cars? Or any other number of laws that violate my rights as a free citizen?
"If the city has too many regulations, move out, get a little piece of property."
I don't live in the city. I have a piece of property. The laws don't change here.
"This radical idea of "all or nothing" makes you more of a Unabomber than a John Hancock."
I'm "radical" because I believe in the wisdom of our founders and love freedom? You and Warrior are two peas in a pod, aren't you? Maybe you're even butt buddies. That's okay though. If you are both consenting adults and not violating anyone else's rights, have at it.
You work in the system To reform laws you disagree with. That sound,s good however I simply isn't a solution most of the time. Did the framers Work in the system? Our federal government has become so corrupt.so fiscally irresponsible. Those in government have borke their oath to uphold and defent the counstition. There hasn't been and never will be a viable plitial ballot box solution. So what know? Where are on a downhill path. Its time for the tree of liberty to be watered by the blood of traitors & patriots. That's the only system that will force the necessary change. The question is when will a revolt happen? Moton Labe
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9942 Oct 20, 2013
Senior Brandon wrote:
No one gives a shit about dead birds. Damn this happened.. What? 2 years ago. Get over it. Damn. It's annoying hearing it everyday on here. Grow up and find something else to do with your lifes.
F**k off. You don't like it don't read the posts. We still have the first admendment.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9943 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
coyotes/deer- both natives! Both have done well together for thousands of years, until humans came into the country and thought they knew better.
Please take an environmental science/ecology class. You'll learn a lot...if you pay attention.
I never said you are evil, nor do I think you are. I just think you are so wrong, and so misguided, to be so hell-bent on destroying every predator you see.
Pleast take an evironmental science ecology class? Ive found you cant learn very much from someone dumber than you are. You environmentalist Are wrong. You believe in the balance of nature Myth. There never was and never will be a balance of nature. In order for there to ne a balance everything would need to be static. The earth its climate and its inhabitants are in a constant state of flux. Since you Got that part wrong everything else is flawed. The only constant is change. Today There are more deer & coyote in North America than where in existance at any time ever.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9944 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Freedom is also walking down the street without the threat of being confined behind four walls for many years of my life because some uniformed member of society realized I was able able to defend myself from the criminal element and hauled me away against my will. The freedom of self-defense comes from God, not from other men.
Freedom is driving down the road that I pay for in a car that I bought without fear of some uniformed member of society peering in at me, or photographing me from a distance, and making me give some third party my hard-earned money, because some other dude that I don't know decided there needs to be a restricting strap around mid-section while I drive.
"Freedom is not liking what you see on the television or computer but knowing living in a free society entitles others to view such material."
Freedom also means knowing right from wrong and bad from good. Freedom gives you the ability to make wise choices.
I can walk down the street with a gun and fear nobody. In Texas they just walked around the Alamo with guns and feared nobody. Lady where in the hell do you choose to live? Do you know that you have the FEEDOM to MOVE and live anywhere you want to live?

Driving a car is not a RIGHT it is a privilege! I know that you think laws are not meant for you that they are meant for everybody else but that is not the case in the real world. Everybody I know that complains about seatbelts is overweight. I tell them to lose a few pounds and they won't even notice they have the damn thing on. Remember driving is not a right!

FEEDOM does not man knowing right from wrong and good from bad. FREEDOM might give you the ability to make wise choices it doesn't guarantee that you will. Just look at yourself it is obvious by ALL of your FREEDOM posts that you did not choose wisely where you live! Who made you the morals Police?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9945 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Just like I said, so many laws!!! LOL
As a FREE individual, don't you have a problem being TOLD by some other human that you can only eat certain FOODS at certain times of the year? What do you suppose the hawks would do if some supreme hawk suddenly said other hawks must obey new killing laws and could only eat on certain days?
But no, you did NOT answer my specific question.
Please enlighten me and tell me what foods I can only eat at certain times of the year. This should be good! I can eat a hawk this morning if I feel like it!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9946 Oct 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I didn't say I didn't "like" the swans. I do. But native species ALWAYS takes precedence over the introduced/alien species in cases where the aliens are aggressive and killing or outcompeting the natives for resources, such as nesting sites. Ever seen an altercation between swans and geese in a place where they are both trying to nest? The swans always win, but the geese are the native species.
What about the swans FREEDOM to live and migrate and nest wherever he wants? Which came first the chicken or the egg?

SE Michigan

#9947 Oct 20, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
The swans migrate, the man that owns the pond likes them .
Catch the blurb at top of topix? Pennsylvania police chief suspended for video cursing libtards ! Must be an epidemic
There should be more like him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 39,501
DHS office in Pocahontas AR. (Aug '10) 2 hr AskingForAFriend 36
Q: How do you know if your girlfriend is getti... 5 hr Lol 2
Disgusting 5 hr Guest 6
Nicest female ass in Poky (Jun '09) 12 hr Guest 12
House fire 17 hr McGruff 2
Cop arrested his own son (Mar '12) Sun guest 31

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance