More than 1,000 dead birds fall from ...

More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

There are 10202 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jan 2, 2011, titled More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9907 Oct 19, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty soon, air bags will be required by the Gestapo on lawn mowers too. Anything to get their little greedy mitts on our money. That is the purpose of the seat belt law.
You know GOD gave you free will. You can do ANYTHING you want in this life, you just have to be prepared to take responsibility for your actions. Consequences!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9908 Oct 19, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like camp ground laws, laws to protect the environment, the animals and the people? You mean like when you get into a wreck in your vehicle and get thrown through the windshield and are paralyzed and your insurance money runs out and then the tax payer has to pick up your hospital and medical bills? That affects the TAXAYER now doesn't it. Laws to protect individual rights of citizens like dancers? Dancers with their clothes on? Liberals believe they are above the laws, rules, regulations and policies, you have stated this dozens of times in your posts. You believe laws are for other people and not you. You cry about losing your FREEDOMS and then YELL to take others FREEDOMS away! Interesting state of mind..
I don't need LAWS to make me protect animals and the environment. I do my part under my own free will. But then YOU may need laws to protect animals....not that you even obey those laws though, huh?

Maybe going through the windshield will kill me and save everyone a lot of money. Maybe the seatbelt will leave me paralyzed. Maybe the seatbelt will prevent me from getting out quick and suffering severe burns and cost taxpayers alot of money. It still comes down to my vehicle, my body, my seatbelt, my decision.

I bet you also need laws to prevent you from using bad drugs. I can make my own decisions regarding drugs without the help of the government.

Finally, The chick playing with herself was certainly not a "dancer." And a child that may be unsupervised and surfing the net and end up on Topix doesn't need to be exposed to that trash.

SE Michigan

#9909 Oct 19, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You know GOD gave you free will. You can do ANYTHING you want in this life, you just have to be prepared to take responsibility for your actions. Consequences!
According to WHOM!?
Thomas

Memphis, TN

#9910 Oct 19, 2013
Who farted
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9911 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't need LAWS to make me protect animals and the environment. I do my part under my own free will. But then YOU may need laws to protect animals....not that you even obey those laws though, huh?
Maybe going through the windshield will kill me and save everyone a lot of money. Maybe the seatbelt will leave me paralyzed. Maybe the seatbelt will prevent me from getting out quick and suffering severe burns and cost taxpayers alot of money. It still comes down to my vehicle, my body, my seatbelt, my decision.
I bet you also need laws to prevent you from using bad drugs. I can make my own decisions regarding drugs without the help of the government.
Finally, The chick playing with herself was certainly not a "dancer." And a child that may be unsupervised and surfing the net and end up on Topix doesn't need to be exposed to that trash.
Yes, says you the lib. Rules and laws are for other people not you. Freedom is for libs not other people. No need to continue this. I understand.

Since: Jun 13

United States

#9912 Oct 19, 2013
Remember, your rights end at the tip of your nose,laws are for the majority.
If you want to be a "rebel" and pick and choose the laws you will obey, you violate the rights of others.Society may then remove you from the street for the safety of others.
If your desire to color outside the lines threaten me or mine, I will help you with your crayon.If I break your crayon, I might be held accountable for my action if the judge says I should have just helped you back to the lines.
This concludes todays lesson.

We have swans down in Heber Springs every year! Beautiful birds
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9913 Oct 19, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
If you want to be a "rebel" and pick and choose the laws you will obey, you violate the rights of others.Society may then remove you from the street for the safety of others.
If your desire to color outside the lines threaten me or mine, I will help you with your crayon.If I break your crayon, I might be held accountable for my action if the judge says I should have just helped you back to the lines.
Some people eat the crayons........

United States

#9914 Oct 19, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Some people eat the crayons........
And then you get a time out.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9915 Oct 19, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
And then you get a time out.
Not if the crayon eaters are libs and don't believe in the rules..:)

United States

#9916 Oct 19, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Not if the crayon eaters are libs and don't believe in the rules..:)
Back to page one.Principal puts in time out !

SE Michigan

#9917 Oct 19, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
"laws are for the majority"
Wrong...Laws are for everybody. Unfortunately, the ones making the laws are not. They are in it for their own self-interest and they have no concern for our rights and freedoms under the Constitution, which they are supposed to honor and support.

"If you want to be a "rebel" and pick and choose the laws you will obey, you violate the rights of others."
Our founders would have been considered "rebels," would they not? How do I violate the rights of OTHERS if I disobey an UNCONSTITUTIONAL law??? Even a law that has NO EFFECT on others?Our republic protects the rights of individuals, even if the majority want something to be a law. Someday when the majority eliminates our right to carry a gun, like say in New Mexico, some people will understand what it means to lose their freedoms.

So much for FREEDOM when society (or certain individuals within that society) can pick and choose who should be free- for whatever reason they so choose! New laws are made up and passed every day.

Tell me, what species on earth, other than humans, would KIDNAP a member of their own species against their free will, and put them in a cell, even though that individual did NOTHING to hurt anyone? THAT is NOT FREEDOM!

"We have swans down in Heber Springs every year! Beautiful birds"
Yes, they are beautiful. They are also not natives (assuming they are Mute Swans) and need to be removed.... for the good of the native ducks and geese.

SE Michigan

#9918 Oct 19, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, says you the lib. Rules and laws are for other people not you. Freedom is for libs not other people. No need to continue this. I understand.
I don't think you do. Tell me what it's like to be free.

SE Michigan

#9919 Oct 19, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Not if the crayon eaters are libs and don't believe in the rules..:)
When some "lib" makes a rule that you can't kill coyotes and snakes, will you obey it?

SE Michigan

#9920 Oct 19, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to page one.Principal puts in time out !
Warrior is done with The Cat in the Hat. It's time he turn to page one of a history book.

United States

#9921 Oct 19, 2013
Laws are to protect the population from one another.
Was Timothy McVeigh showing his freedom?
Well, now he is in permanent time out.
You work in the system to reform laws you disagree with.
You lobby congress to pass laws you favor.
If the city has too many regulations, move out, get a little piece of property.
The forefathers rose up against taxes from a King(whose qualifications were inherited). This radical idea of "all or nothing" makes you more of a Unabomber than a John Hancock. IMHO
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9922 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't think you do. Tell me what it's like to be free.
Most people do not realize this but FREEDOM is actually a very messy business. I know first hand seeing how I spent decades ensuring its existence as we know it, continues in America. You sure do seem to have a lot of Freedom issues where you live. Freedom is something that can not be experienced by mere words alone. Freedom must be seen, touched and felt by the hand as well as the heart. Freedom is not liking what you see on the television or computer but knowing living in a free society entitles others to view such material. Freedom is changing the channel instead of protesting to get it banned. Freedom is living and letting others live. Freedom is something only you can experience if you move to a free country, a free place, a place where, like I live..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9923 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
When some "lib" makes a rule that you can't kill coyotes and snakes, will you obey it?
There are laws on the books that regulate hunting season, the dates, the times, the places, the number of animals you can kill and how you can kill and retrieve them just to name a few. I abide by all such laws. There are no laws on coyotes or snakes so I kill them at will. I hope this helps..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9924 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Warrior is done with The Cat in the Hat. It's time he turn to page one of a history book.
Can you tell us a little about the history in your country? Or does your Dictator not want the truth to be heard?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9925 Oct 19, 2013
"We have swans down in Heber Springs every year! Beautiful birds"
Yes, they are beautiful. They are also not natives (assuming they are Mute Swans) and need to be removed.... for the good of the native ducks and geese.

LMFAO! "And need to be removed"

REALLY? You libs sure do pick and choose the things you like now don't you! LOL!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9926 Oct 19, 2013
Thanks to the law this guy was caught before he could commit any more terrorism!

McVeigh hops into his Mercury and heads north out of the city. At 10:20 A.M., while driving north on I-35 about 35 miles from the Kansas border, McVeigh is stopped by trooper Charles Hanger for having no license plates on his vehicle. He is arrested for having no vehicle registration, no license plates, and carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. He is booked and lodged in the county jail in Perry, Oklahoma.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Willie Kimble 2 hr thats right 8
Sharing pics 7 hr Haha 2
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 9 hr Resident 38,734
Freak of Nature in Pocahontas 18 hr Calvary Chapel pe... 59
News JPD swears in new officers Aug 13 people are odd 3
Who is she Aug 13 Hopefully 1
Lazy peeps in pokey Aug 13 curious 14

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance