More than 1,000 dead birds fall from ...

More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

There are 10197 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Jan 2, 2011, titled More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

test 123 test

United States

#9885 Oct 17, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed.Get back under rock
ok
curmudgeon

Calico Rock, AR

#9886 Oct 18, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's okay that turtles can get eaten....but it's not okay for a turtle to eat.
You never cease to amaze me with your illogic.
My pond My ducks. Im the mean tyrant that decides who lives or dies in my domain. I can kill a snake or leave it be. I kill those large chicken snakes that eat eggs. I catch and Bring home King snakes that eat other snakes. I had a cow die from snake bite this year.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9887 Oct 18, 2013
In case anybody was wondering I made it through the night with out killing an animal. LOL!

Since: Jun 13

United States

#9888 Oct 18, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
In case anybody was wondering I made it through the night with out killing an animal. LOL!
Don't go to town! I find it harder to resist in big cities
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9889 Oct 18, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go to town! I find it harder to resist in big cities
LOL!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9890 Oct 18, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMFAO! Yes or they could get hit by lightning or a meteorit or win the lottery but their chances are not the same as getting bit by a rattle snake. I think I will kill another one tomorrow in your liberal honor..
I love how you throw that liberal word around as though you are somehow better than them. I know lots of liberals and most have more compassion for others and more common sense than you have! But then, didn't you say you were a retired government worker who's a billionaire, and carries a gun everywhere because New Mexico is so safe? LOL

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9891 Oct 18, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I guess it's all in the way one gets offended now isn't it. Does anybody know how to report abuse?
LOL!
Most people know the difference between a good, clean light-hearted jab and raunchy, degrading, indecent gestures and actions that have no place in civilized society.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9892 Oct 18, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> My pond My ducks. Im the mean tyrant that decides who lives or dies in my domain. I can kill a snake or leave it be. I kill those large chicken snakes that eat eggs. I catch and Bring home King snakes that eat other snakes. I had a cow die from snake bite this year.
Hmmm. Coyotes eat snakes. Too bad there are none around your place to catch and eat them. That cow might still be alive.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9893 Oct 18, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you throw that liberal word around as though you are somehow better than them. I know lots of liberals and most have more compassion for others and more common sense than you have! But then, didn't you say you were a retired government worker who's a billionaire, and carries a gun everywhere because New Mexico is so safe? LOL
Something like that. I would love to give you a tour of the United States one day. I don't think you could pass the test to obtain a visa though. Maybe if you can hitch a ride in the trunk of a car you could give me a call when you cross the border..

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9894 Oct 18, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
In case anybody was wondering I made it through the night with out killing an animal. LOL!
I for one....was not wondering.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9895 Oct 18, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people know the difference between a good, clean light-hearted jab and raunchy, degrading, indecent gestures and actions that have no place in civilized society.
WHOOOA, Just a minute, aren't you the lib who is always crying and whining and bitching about losing FREEDOMS! You libs think that you can define what is free in this country? If you libs don't like it you want it banned or you want to report it to some "authority" as abuse. I thought you were against "authority" and people telling you what to do but you are all for it when you don't like something. Doesn't that girl have the RIGHT under our Constitution to express her artistic Freedom in the expression of her dance? Do I not have the right to post that artistic freedom under our Constitution. You can't have it both ways libtard. Typical liberal hypocrite, you want your freedom but the hell with everybody else's freedom if you don't like it. So much for your so called freedom and your authority rebellion. WOW!
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9896 Oct 18, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. Coyotes eat snakes. Too bad there are none around your place to catch and eat them. That cow might still be alive.
Tat Cow was likely bitten by a cotton mouth she was grazing river bottom land. I bet a coyote has never ate a cotton mouth. Its all part of life if you have livestock you lose some. You just do whatever you can to mitigate your losses. And that means you kill predators. Ill take the risk of losing a cow to snake bite versus the certainty of losing calves , sheep, goats to coyotes.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9897 Oct 18, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>WHOOOA, Just a minute, aren't you the lib who is always crying and whining and bitching about losing FREEDOMS! You libs think that you can define what is free in this country? If you libs don't like it you want it banned or you want to report it to some "authority" as abuse. I thought you were against "authority" and people telling you what to do but you are all for it when you don't like something. Doesn't that girl have the RIGHT under our Constitution to express her artistic Freedom in the expression of her dance? Do I not have the right to post that artistic freedom under our Constitution. You can't have it both ways libtard. Typical liberal hypocrite, you want your freedom but the hell with everybody else's freedom if you don't like it. So much for your so called freedom and your authority rebellion. WOW!
I get that as a lib, you don't have a basic understanding of what conservatism is. Nor do you know what our founding fathers vision was for this country.

That girl has a right to express her artistic freedom in the privacy of her own bedroom. I would bet George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and Benjamin Franklin would agree. I would also bet that in their day, she would have had a severe punishment to face for an act like that in public.

Try whipping out your wiener and taking a leak in public and see how fast they haul you away and make you register all your future addresses.

Some things are private and should remain that way. It's called morals and values. Some people in this country still have those.

"When America rejected the God of our founding fathers and the Bible which they used to give us direction, God was replaced with the government and other vices of the world. Here is your god, America. It teeters and totters on the whims of the people with no moral, ethical, or economical stability."
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9898 Oct 18, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I get that as a lib, you don't have a basic understanding of what conservatism is. Nor do you know what our founding fathers vision was for this country.
That girl has a right to express her artistic freedom in the privacy of her own bedroom. I would bet George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and Benjamin Franklin would agree. I would also bet that in their day, she would have had a severe punishment to face for an act like that in public.
Try whipping out your wiener and taking a leak in public and see how fast they haul you away and make you register all your future addresses.
Some things are private and should remain that way. It's called morals and values. Some people in this country still have those.
"When America rejected the God of our founding fathers and the Bible which they used to give us direction, God was replaced with the government and other vices of the world. Here is your god, America. It teeters and totters on the whims of the people with no moral, ethical, or economical stability."
Just like a good little lib! So now you are the Morals Police. You want your cake and eat it to. It's not bad if you do it but if somebody else does it and you don't like it you want it banned after all you know what our Founding Fathers would do and think, right? You can wiz on the side of the road here and the Police won't mess with you. I love how you invoke God to justify your Morals and Values. What gives you the right to judge others? Didn't you have a little problem camping not to long ago with the morals Police but they were bad because you couldn't do what you wanted to do. And how about those Police Officers who make you wear your seat belt? Bad people aren't they because you are above laws because you have morals and values. Typical lib, you want everybody else's FREEDOMS removed that you don't agree with. WOW! Freaking WOW! You have core values of a liberal. No doubt!

Since: Jun 13

United States

#9899 Oct 18, 2013
Let me clarify something about seat belts and traffic laws.
Everybody that drives faster than me is a maniac !
Everybody that drives slower is a moron !
You have to have seatbelts to keep drunks from falling out of the vehicle!

Two weeks ago a man was arrested in Mtn View, dui on a riding lawn mower
Test

United States

#9900 Oct 19, 2013
Where are the black birds?
Test

United States

#9901 Oct 19, 2013
Wigger alert

Since: Jun 13

United States

#9902 Oct 19, 2013
Report on the alert

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9903 Oct 19, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Just like a good little lib! So now you are the Morals Police. You want your cake and eat it to. It's not bad if you do it but if somebody else does it and you don't like it you want it banned after all you know what our Founding Fathers would do and think, right? You can wiz on the side of the road here and the Police won't mess with you. I love how you invoke God to justify your Morals and Values. What gives you the right to judge others? Didn't you have a little problem camping not to long ago with the morals Police but they were bad because you couldn't do what you wanted to do. And how about those Police Officers who make you wear your seat belt? Bad people aren't they because you are above laws because you have morals and values. Typical lib, you want everybody else's FREEDOMS removed that you don't agree with. WOW! Freaking WOW! You have core values of a liberal. No doubt!
In a civilized society, there needs to be laws that protect individual rights of citizens. If I choose to not wear a seat belt, that affects nobody but myself.

What gives me the right to judge others? The same thing that gives you the right to do so. Or do you deny that you have judged others here on Topix that had a different opinion than you? Barney ring a bell? Have you not called countless people "libtards" because they have a different moral or ethical value than you? I'd say you have.

Do you even know what the word 'liberal' means? If you look in the mirror and read some of your posts, you will have a better understanding.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9904 Oct 19, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
Let me clarify something about seat belts and traffic laws.
Everybody that drives faster than me is a maniac !
Everybody that drives slower is a moron !
You have to have seatbelts to keep drunks from falling out of the vehicle!
Two weeks ago a man was arrested in Mtn View, dui on a riding lawn mower
Pretty soon, air bags will be required by the Gestapo on lawn mowers too. Anything to get their little greedy mitts on our money. That is the purpose of the seat belt law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Tax Preparer 32 min biker_dude 10
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr bookmiller shannon 33,412
wromg..... 2 hr Hidden Saint 5
What has haapened to Shannon custom trailers? 4 hr guest 1
Harps 4 hr Trash 6
Joey Ball Sun Joey 2
needed Sun guest 8

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages