More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.
Comments
9,081 - 9,100 of 9,827 Comments Last updated Wednesday

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Don't carry in a school. If you carry concealed in a school don't tell anybody that's why it is called Concealed Carry, nobody is suppose to know you have it. It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Don't get pulled over. If you get pulled over don't tell the Cop you have a gun. If he asks to search your vehicle do not give him permission. If you are abiding by the law you have no worries about the Police. What if the Officer is part of the secret squirrel cartel club and they pull along side your vehicle and light you up with a bazooka! There are too many what if's in life to worry about. Police impersonators are not as common as you lead on. As you are being pulled over dial 911 and ask the dispatcher if the stop is legit. They will tell you, unless the dispatcher is an impostor at the Police Station. LOL! Hope this helps..
"If you are abiding by the law you have no worries about the Police."
The Constitution says "Shall not be infringed."
The law says "Four years in the slammer, Baby."
So tell me how there are no worries.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You should have chased those turkeys off the road every time they came close to it. It's the tree hugging goody two shoes who are responsible for the deaths of many animals thinking that they are so cute and they just want to help them by feeding them and such. Please....
Judge without knowing the facts often?

This was a family that hung out in an area half hour away from our cabin. Every time we'd be on our way home, we'd see them. No bird feeders involved. Just a two lane road in the middle of nowhere; also called God's Country.

And you think I'm really supposed to know they are in the road and run over there every time and chase them out. LMAO

Since: Jun 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

We had a blue-light rapist in Arkansa a few years back.Women were told to not stop immediately, slow down and continue to a populated area before stopping.
Rumor has it, he gave Hillary Clinton a warning ticket.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a sign of WHAT times? I thought everything was so great. We haven't lost any freedoms, etc..........
Everything is great here in the United States. It is obvious by all of your posts that your land is being taken over by savage foreigners who are hell bent on destroying your country. Seeing how our countries are not that far away from each other I have been forced to prepare for when the savages over throw your people. Don't worry if you can make it down here and have a useful skill we will welcome you into our compound and provide you safety for trade.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

<quoted text>
"If you are abiding by the law you have no worries about the Police."
The Constitution says "Shall not be infringed."
The law says "Four years in the slammer, Baby."
So tell me how there are no worries.
How often do you get pulled over by the Gestapo Police in your country. I can not remember the last time a Police Officer pulled me over in my country. The Police here love their freedom also and they Police by the Constitution. If it is not too late I suggest you migrate..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

<quoted text>
Judge without knowing the facts often?
This was a family that hung out in an area half hour away from our cabin. Every time we'd be on our way home, we'd see them. No bird feeders involved. Just a two lane road in the middle of nowhere; also called God's Country.
And you think I'm really supposed to know they are in the road and run over there every time and chase them out. LMAO
You sure do have a lot of problems in God's Country. Maybe God is trying to tell you something?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Ol Papaw wrote:
We had a blue-light rapist in Arkansa a few years back.Women were told to not stop immediately, slow down and continue to a populated area before stopping.
Now THAT'S funny!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You sure do have a lot of problems in God's Country. Maybe God is trying to tell you something?
He is, Dear; He is. And I've heard him. My mission is to make sure others hear him too.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Ol Papaw wrote:
Who's "we?" Aren't you in Texas?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

<quoted text>
He is, Dear; He is. And I've heard him. My mission is to make sure others hear him too.
God tells me your nuts for living there..
sooietrue

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Ol Papaw wrote:
I heard she raped him with her crooked Willy made him cry like when his daddy did him years before. Not heard from him either again even?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

<quoted text>
Who's "we?" Aren't you in Texas?
Born and raised in Ar. Up in the hills, beautiful country.
Spent a year in Texas, did a stint in the oil fields.Glad to get back here.
West Texas is bare, dusty,lot of good folk though.
West Texas Womens College was my favorite part.Lol
Are you in UP or where? Have a neighbor likes to deer hunt up there.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Ol Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Born and raised in Ar. Up in the hills, beautiful country.
Spent a year in Texas, did a stint in the oil fields.Glad to get back here.
West Texas is bare, dusty,lot of good folk though.
West Texas Womens College was my favorite part.Lol
Are you in UP or where? Have a neighbor likes to deer hunt up there.
Arkansas has some of the best bass fishing in the country.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Bass and trout . And my favorite Crappie!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

sooietrue wrote:
<quoted text>I heard she raped him with her crooked Willy made him cry like when his daddy did him years before. Not heard from him either again even?

You know how Bill and Hill met?
They were seeing the same girl.

The new Hillbilly Airport has the Monica Lewinsky Cigar Bar. I recommend you get the cigars in plastic wrappers, something "fishy"about the others.
Curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

<quoted text>
And I could sure use those motorcyclists. Some idiot ran over a family of turkeys. The whole damn family with young ones we had been watching grow all summer! That driver needs to be taught a lesson.
Were the turkeys in the road? It my opinion that the driver taught those turkeys a lesson! I drove semi truck for years. I killed everything imaginable . Ran over lots of dogs, coyote, deer , opossum ,coon ect. I never swerved a bit. Im not taking a chance of having a wreck trying to miss some stupid animal. We installed a cow catcher grill on the semi so that hitting deer didn't damage it. There was a woman in a van that swerved to miss a turtle on the road. She lost control and overturned in a water filled ditch. She survived but several children drowned. If the Curmudgeon or someone like him had came by earlier and pancaked that turtle maybe they wouldn't have died. If we run over all the animals stupid enough to play in the road pretty soon only those with good genetics that avoided roads would be present. Here is a joke! why did the chicken cross the road? Answer to show the opossum & armadillo that it could be done.
Curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Ol Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how Bill and Hill met?
They were seeing the same girl.
The new Hillbilly Airport has the Monica Lewinsky Cigar Bar. I recommend you get the cigars in plastic wrappers, something "fishy"about the others.
LMAO!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Were the turkeys in the road? It my opinion that the driver taught those turkeys a lesson! I drove semi truck for years. I killed everything imaginable . Ran over lots of dogs, coyote, deer , opossum ,coon ect. I never swerved a bit. Im not taking a chance of having a wreck trying to miss some stupid animal. We installed a cow catcher grill on the semi so that hitting deer didn't damage it. There was a woman in a van that swerved to miss a turtle on the road. She lost control and overturned in a water filled ditch. She survived but several children drowned. If the Curmudgeon or someone like him had came by earlier and pancaked that turtle maybe they wouldn't have died. If we run over all the animals stupid enough to play in the road pretty soon only those with good genetics that avoided roads would be present. Here is a joke! why did the chicken cross the road? Answer to show the opossum & armadillo that it could be done.
Agree. A good human life is not worth saving ANY animal..

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>God tells me your nuts for living there..
God tells me you are very shallow and narrow-minded. Not everyone can live on Warriors little piece of property and live exactly as Warrior does.

I love it here! The politics might suck, but the weather is mild, the severe storms and natural disasters are few, the northern forests are beautiful, the changing seasons are spectacular, the creepy crawlers are almost non-existent, and the birding is GREAT!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 min BARNEYII 29,477
wreck 12 hr Guest 22
Imperial Theater (Aug '12) 13 hr Guest 132
school 13 hr Guest 6
Shannon Joplin 19 hr Shannon 3
Irish Setter dog/Lab puppy Thu Guest 7
Nathan Nelson busted again Thu information 1

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
•••
•••