More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 441)

Showing posts 8,801 - 8,820 of9,716
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
yep

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Lol
Concerned

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Just wondering if anyone has information on the husband of Tiffany McFarland that was murdered several years ago,was wondering his name and any information about what his sentence was
Concerned

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Sorry wrong post
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

I've got four little ones in the Swallow nest near my front door. Man they make a mess!
torpeda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Dave Miller wrote:
You guys need to have them birds tested and don't leave it all to the government .
Yes that's true
dumdum hed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Im asking for this thread to be taken down. This has gone on for too long. This thread's demise is at hand. GOODbye!!
by bye birdie

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

dumdum hed wrote:
Im asking for this thread to be taken down. This has gone on for too long. This thread's demise is at hand. GOODbye!!
One flew over the cuckoo's nest.
Goodbye
joe

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

why are y'all still talking about something that happened more than 2 years ago?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
I've got four little ones in the Swallow nest near my front door. Man they make a mess!
That mess is insects that can no longer eat you.:)

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

torpeda wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that's true
Have the birds tested for what?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

joe wrote:
why are y'all still talking about something that happened more than 2 years ago?
For the same reason we still talk about things that happened over 200 years ago.
Curmudgeon

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Raptor Dont you just hate it that it is still a Republic and your wishes and thought,s cannott infringe on my counstitional rights. I still have a leagal right to trap and kill varmits like raccons ect. My poultry is more important to me than the life of some varmit.Those conibar body grip traps are very efficient.they very quickly squeeze the life out of anything that gets in them. I bet I could take some car leaf springs and other junk and build a human sized one. That what we need to have set on the border to catch the illegals!!!
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
That mess is insects that can no longer eat you.:)
That mess is bird poop!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Wow!
dewitt

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Hhuug
george

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Anyone heard an update about West Nile virus in arkansas lately?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

george wrote:
Anyone heard an update about West Nile virus in arkansas lately?
Why do you care? You're in Texas.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Curmudgeon wrote:
Raptor Dont you just hate it that it is still a Republic and your wishes and thought,s cannott infringe on my counstitional rights. I still have a leagal right to trap and kill varmits like raccons ect. My poultry is more important to me than the life of some varmit.Those conibar body grip traps are very efficient.they very quickly squeeze the life out of anything that gets in them. I bet I could take some car leaf springs and other junk and build a human sized one. That what we need to have set on the border to catch the illegals!!!
Churm, Don't you just hate it every time you come across a dead animal in one of your traps when you go to remove it and all of the sudden you realize God is watching you and even if you hide behind a tree, he can still see you?

Don't you hate kmowing that somewhere a sweet, little innocent baby is waiting for their Mommy or Daddy to return with food, but won't because some uneducated (in some ways) human took it upon himself to end the parents life for some selfish or other unknown reason?

Don't you hate that fleeting thought that what you think are "varmints" are just as much God's creatures as we are?

Don't you just hate the fact that the Constitution says nothing about having the right to kill what we want, when we want for whatever reason we want?

I'll tell you what, when I get my book done, I'll give you a free copy just because. It's a story about Spike, the raccoon that has been living in my yard and raising her babies there for several years now. This years' young one is the sweetest thing........Just the other morning right before daylight, I was outside filling up the jelly feeders for the orioles, when I heard rustling in the brush. Out walks this young raccoon, about teenager size. Anyway, this innocent little thing walks slowly towards me to within about eight feet and then stands up on his/her hind legs like a dog would do that begs. It's scrawny arms reaching out to me as if to say, "Can I have some of that, please?"

I knew that once I headed off to work, that Spike's kid would get the jelly and not the orioles. That's okay. I have other jelly feeders with baffles that raccoons and squirrels can't get to. There is enough to go around.

I look at it this way; If I put food outside, it's fair game for anything that eats. I won't stress myself out over trying to only feed my favorite things. God gave each creature the same right to try to survive and I can't overrule God.

If I don't want an animal to eat something, I don't put it outside where they can get to it. It's a simple no kill solution.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Notice I said uneducated (in some ways.) In other ways you seem very intelligent. I bet you are one interesting dude!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>That mess is bird poop!
The other day I was driving down I75 when I noticed a big bird flying above. I tried to make a positive ID on the bird, but at 75 mph, it's a little difficult. When I looked up at it, it let loose a big one. I could see it fall. Then my eyes went back to the bird for the id and all of the sudden, SPLAT!....four huge spots on my windshield and two more on my hood. I wonder if birds can be identified by poop alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,801 - 8,820 of9,716
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
will you vote for Tiny Tim Scott for Mayor 13 min Me too 6
Hispanic Radio Station Coming To Town 17 min get a grip on reality 16
Poultry Processor Bringing 1,000 Jobs to Randol... 21 min get a grip on reality 22
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 29 min What 27,904
pizza hut must be desperate 2 hr guest 5
Medessia Tunstall Sat just wondering 1
Who's hiring? Sat cool dude 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
•••
•••