More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.
Comments
8,701 - 8,720 of 9,879 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
joey

United States

#9305 Apr 29, 2013
Same story in kentucky. Has anyone seen dead birds

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9306 Apr 30, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
It seems like our weather patterns are at least a month behind. This is going to be a very interesting year weather wise..
Your weather patterns are a month behind what? I didn't know weather was supposed to conform to what we think it should do. How do you know previous years weren't a month ahead of what should be?

It's the length of daylight that determines if things are on schedule in my world. So far everything seems to be right on time and occuring in the usual order.

Mid to late April saw the return of both Ruby-crowned and Golden-crowned Kinglets, Brown Thrashers, Tree Swallows, Hermit Thrushes and House Wrens. White-throated Sparrows are moving through in large numbers. Also, today I had a small flock of Chimney Swifts in town and one Rose-breasted Grosbeak at my feeder. Reports of warblers are starting to trickle in.......

Life is great!!!!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9307 Apr 30, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your weather patterns are a month behind what? I didn't know weather was supposed to conform to what we think it should do. How do you know previous years weren't a month ahead of what should be?
It's the length of daylight that determines if things are on schedule in my world. So far everything seems to be right on time and occuring in the usual order.
Mid to late April saw the return of both Ruby-crowned and Golden-crowned Kinglets, Brown Thrashers, Tree Swallows, Hermit Thrushes and House Wrens. White-throated Sparrows are moving through in large numbers. Also, today I had a small flock of Chimney Swifts in town and one Rose-breasted Grosbeak at my feeder. Reports of warblers are starting to trickle in.......
Life is great!!!!
Well Raptor I don't know how much you get outside but here in New Mexico we have Winter, Summer, Spring and Fall. You see there are certain weather patterns for all those I mentioned. For instance in the winter it gets cold and in the summer it gets hot. It's been that way my entire life and from what I can gather for the entire existence my families family has been on earth. I hope that helps!

SE Michigan

#9308 Apr 30, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Well Raptor I don't know how much you get outside but here in New Mexico we have Winter, Summer, Spring and Fall. You see there are certain weather patterns for all those I mentioned. For instance in the winter it gets cold and in the summer it gets hot. It's been that way my entire life and from what I can gather for the entire existence my families family has been on earth. I hope that helps!
LMAO. No shit! We have winter and summer here too. We also have spring and fall (also known as autumn.) Winter is cold. It can be anywhere from 30 below zero to 60 degrees for highs in winter. Summer can be anywhere from 60 degrees to 110 degrees. Spring and fall can have a wide range of temperatures as well. Just because the temperatures might fall at one extreme or the other doesn't mean something is "wrong," like some people seem to think. My point? What exactly is normal? Who knows? We humans don't need to second guess Mother Nature. Just enjoy each day no matter what it does!

SE Michigan

#9310 May 1, 2013
I heard a Yellow Warbler singing by the river on my way home this afternoon. Baltimore Orioles arrived today too!
WARRIOR

United States

#9311 May 2, 2013
Sounds wonderful!
idk but

Nashville, TN

#9313 May 3, 2013
Thought it was craaazy! But it wasnt that big a deal nasty whoever had to scoop up them rotting birds ewweee but puttin it on national news was stupid, peta involved too!!
joe

Oklahoma City, OK

#9315 May 3, 2013
Poor burd

SE Michigan

#9316 May 3, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
Sounds wonderful!
It gets even better. Today I saw and was able to photograph the much less common Orchard Oriole in my parents' yard. They also had an Eastern Kingbird, and an Eastern Wood Pewee was singing in the woods by their house.
guesr

United States

#9318 May 14, 2013
When did this happen
fyi

United States

#9319 May 14, 2013
A while back
PREACHER

Ash Flat, AR

#9320 May 14, 2013
"birth pains"...getting close for the coming of Jesus
churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#9321 May 24, 2013
are we having fun yet?

SE Michigan

#9322 May 24, 2013
churmudgeon wrote:
are we having fun yet?
Yes. We'll be having fun until Tuesday morning!
Yep

Oklahoma City, OK

#9323 May 25, 2013
End of the world is nigh!!
Dave

Oklahoma City, OK

#9324 May 25, 2013
Probably close to millions
Democrat

Columbus, GA

#9325 Jun 4, 2013
Army testing.
Cuckoo

Conway, AR

#9326 Jun 4, 2013
That sure is a lotta birds
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9327 Jun 5, 2013
Ok its wednesday and im still having fun.

SE Michigan

#9328 Jun 5, 2013
Curmudgeon wrote:
Ok its wednesday and im still having fun.
Of course you are. But how do you know it's Wednesday? I thought retired folks didn't pay attention to days of the week any longer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 13 min Jon 29,664
Can't Sleep Dog Still BARKING! (Apr '13) 8 hr BIG DOG 43
I said it!! 18 hr True 26
Warrant for Ricky(Todd) Kevin Gates 22 hr against women bea... 1
why are all the hot guys in this town gay? =( (Jul '10) Fri terry l foster 18
Child Molester released Fri Guest 11
Flattered Fri LMAO 4
•••
•••
•••