More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,138

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story

Jonesboro, AR

#9190 Mar 2, 2013
This is crazy
curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#9191 Mar 3, 2013
Yesterday I decided since it is the breeding season for swamp rabitts I would set a couple of Havahart traps bown on the river bottoms and try to catch some. I was thinking to check and see if they where does or bucks. Turn the bucks loose. And take a couple of does and put them with my domestic buck a few days and turn them loose. Well I never caught any swampers. I caught a large grey tabby cat. That cat wont kill any more birds or baby rabbitts.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9192 Mar 3, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
Yesterday I decided since it is the breeding season for swamp rabitts I would set a couple of Havahart traps bown on the river bottoms and try to catch some. I was thinking to check and see if they where does or bucks. Turn the bucks loose. And take a couple of does and put them with my domestic buck a few days and turn them loose. Well I never caught any swampers. I caught a large grey tabby cat. That cat wont kill any more birds or baby rabbitts.
I wonder how many litte tabbys he/she left behind.
curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#9193 Mar 3, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many litte tabbys he/she left behind.
dont know dont care. I didnt even check to see if it was male or female.

Jonesboro, AR

#9194 Mar 3, 2013
Poop everywhere

Jonesboro, AR

#9195 Mar 3, 2013
I just pooped my pants
terri lynn

Jonesboro, AR

#9196 Mar 3, 2013
BULLSHIT! read your bible. gods words in revalations is telling us that when we start seeing signs like this . im comeing back. the worlds jacked. i believe Jesus is comeing back to end all this bad stuff. hes not happt. pray tp have mercy on all of us!:)

SE Michigan

#9197 Mar 3, 2013
terri lynn wrote:
BULLSHIT! read your bible. gods words in revalations is telling us that when we start seeing signs like this . im comeing back. the worlds jacked. i believe Jesus is comeing back to end all this bad stuff. hes not happt. pray tp have mercy on all of us!:)
There's a huge difference between a sign of the end of times amd an idiot that would cause the deaths of a flock of birds.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9198 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>
There's a huge difference between a sign of the end of times amd an idiot that would cause the deaths of a flock of birds.
Who caused the death of a flock of birds?
dang

West Helena, AR

#9199 Mar 3, 2013
this is crazy
Edgar

Turrell, AR

#9200 Mar 4, 2013
I read all of this thread. I am dumber now.

Thanks, Topix!
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#9201 Mar 4, 2013
terri lynn wrote:
BULLSHIT! read your bible. gods words in revalations is telling us that when we start seeing signs like this . im comeing back. the worlds jacked. i believe Jesus is comeing back to end all this bad stuff. hes not happt. pray tp hcave mercy on all of us!:)
every generation of bible thumpers for the last 2000 years has believed they where in the end times. and so far they all have been wrong. I wish it was true and they would all be raptured up. I tired of their superstitious dogma.
jimmy

United States

#9202 Mar 4, 2013
The idiots on here...wow. lol it's actually quite amusing

SE Michigan

#9203 Mar 4, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Who caused the death of a flock of birds?
I don't know, but if you find out who did it, let me know.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9204 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't know, but if you find out who did it, let me know.
Do you like birds?
move

United States

#9205 Mar 5, 2013
This is old
very old

Fort Smith, AR

#9206 Mar 5, 2013
very old
fifty1fifty

Little Rock, AR

#9207 Mar 5, 2013
jimmy wrote:
The idiots on here...wow. lol it's actually quite amusing
It's the ignorant ones that impress me the most...

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9208 Mar 5, 2013
It was the aliens.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9210 Mar 7, 2013
I threw out a bunch of milo and parrot seed yesterday and I had the quail, dove sparrow and 2 other types of birds fighting over it. It was quite a sight. I have a couple of pretty sparrow looking cardinals, red breasted that have returned to this area. I must have drank a six pack of cheap beer watching those birds get after it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Official at PokeyvsWestside 7 hr Grim 1
Donna (Jul '12) 19 hr Guest 11
hydrotemp? (Oct '09) 22 hr in the know 86
is Samantha Willingham a good mom Wed amy 17
who repairs car air conditioners? (Jun '10) Wed coffee drinker 7
Philander from Trinity (Aug '11) Wed guest 34
chelsea green Tue meeee 1

Freeze Watch for Randolph County was issued at October 31 at 3:06AM CDT

Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match