More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.
Comments
8,441 - 8,460 of 9,827 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9023
Feb 20, 2013
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer NOTHING gets killed if it can be avoided. But I give more rights to NATIVE species. Then you already know that and you know the reason why. Coyote/native- Feral cat/non-native.
Any questions?
Migrating birds non-native so I guess I will thin some out.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9024
Feb 20, 2013
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you would use a Havahart trap for a cat. I won't ask what you did with the cat.
I never seen the cat to get a shot at it with the 12 guage. The shed it was hiding in is full of stuff I wouldnt want to shoot with buckshot. So I simply trapped it in the havahart trap. I took the trap out into the middle of the hay field turned the cat loose and nailed it to the ground with the 12 guage 00 buckshot!!! I wouldnt want to shoot holes in my havahart trap ya know!
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9025
Feb 20, 2013
 
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I guess it's still OK to kill cats in your world but not howling mangy coyotes!
I dispatch every varmit that has the misfortune to enter my domain. Ill kill them all and let the everywhere spirit sort them out!
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9026
Feb 20, 2013
 
I was given twenty very small steel jump taps. They are brand new old stock but rusty. Today I boiled some water and added wax and bacon grease to it dip the traps in the hot water and when you pull them out there covered on greasy wax. I used rubber gloves when handling them so as not to leave any scent. I placed then in old vehicles and machinery and in my sheds & barns ect any place where a rat might try to make a home. Kinda as a nip it in the bud prevenative measure.
blah

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9027
Feb 20, 2013
 
It was long ago! get over it!
biker_dude

Bremerton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9028
Feb 20, 2013
 
This is the post that will never die. 2 years and still going.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9029
Feb 21, 2013
 
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Migrating birds non-native so I guess I will thin some out.
Is migration a natural occurance? Why, yes. Yes it is. Therefore, migrating birds are NATIVE; (except those European species intentionally brought here by man) AND they are PROTECTED by federal law.....for good reason. Go educate yourself, eh?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9030
Feb 21, 2013
 
Churmudgeon wrote:
I was given twenty very small steel jump taps. They are brand new old stock but rusty. Today I boiled some water and added wax and bacon grease to it dip the traps in the hot water and when you pull them out there covered on greasy wax. I used rubber gloves when handling them so as not to leave any scent. I placed then in old vehicles and machinery and in my sheds & barns ect any place where a rat might try to make a home. Kinda as a nip it in the bud prevenative measure.
Sounds like a bunch of bird-killing traps to me...illegal.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9031
Feb 21, 2013
 
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I dispatch every varmit that has the misfortune to enter my domain. Ill kill them all and let the everywhere spirit sort them out!
That "everywhere spirit" you refer to is what some call our creator? Do you honestly believe that we all "just happened" and it all started from some cell after a big bang? Really?
Be warned....He is watching you.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9032
Feb 21, 2013
 
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I never seen the cat to get a shot at it with the 12 guage. The shed it was hiding in is full of stuff I wouldnt want to shoot with buckshot. So I simply trapped it in the havahart trap. I took the trap out into the middle of the hay field turned the cat loose and nailed it to the ground with the 12 guage 00 buckshot!!! I wouldnt want to shoot holes in my havahart trap ya know!
Gettin' some ice down there today?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9033
Feb 21, 2013
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is migration a natural occurance? Why, yes. Yes it is. Therefore, migrating birds are NATIVE; (except those European species intentionally brought here by man) AND they are PROTECTED by federal law.....for good reason. Go educate yourself, eh?
LOL! I like how you contradict yourself with the European species. I say the cat begining with the siber tooth tiger has been migrating to this continent for many years. SO I guess illigal "migration" known as illegal aliens is a natural occurance also so we should halt all deportations..
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9034
Feb 21, 2013
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a bunch of bird-killing traps to me...illegal.
No birds are likely to get caught in my traps were I placed them. If I where trappimg for birds I would glue grain to the trigger pan and set them in the open.Its not ilegal to setsteel traps for rat,s.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9035
Feb 21, 2013
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
That "everywhere spirit" you refer to is what some call our creator? Do you honestly believe that we all "just happened" and it all started from some cell after a big bang? Really?
Be warned....He is watching you.
Humans and many of the life forms on earth where likely genetically engineered and placed here by ancient aliens. how do you know the everywhere spirit is a HE? its sleeting pretty good at this moment. We are OK plenty of firewood. the animals all in the barns with plenty of food. generator & fuel for it if needed. let it come ill staywarm & well fed.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9036
Feb 21, 2013
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
That "everywhere spirit" you refer to is what some call our creator? Do you honestly believe that we all "just happened" and it all started from some cell after a big bang? Really?
Be warned....He is watching you.
Who created the creator?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9037
Feb 21, 2013
 
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Humans and many of the life forms on earth where likely genetically engineered and placed here by ancient aliens. how do you know the everywhere spirit is a HE? its sleeting pretty good at this moment. We are OK plenty of firewood. the animals all in the barns with plenty of food. generator & fuel for it if needed. let it come ill staywarm & well fed.
We will be in the low 50's today and windy. We could really use the rain/snow. I installed a generator transfer switch for my house and can run most it with the 8250 watt generator I have. I also just bought a smaller Honda generator for my trailer so we are also good in an outage. Stay safe!
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9038
Feb 21, 2013
 
The weather has gotten much worse. The Ice is building up on the power lines & trees ect. It shows no sign of abating. It will be a miracle if the power stays on. I have a generator however it does cost a lot in fuel to use it. The last big ice storm the electric was off for 8 days.some folks where out for a month.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9039
Feb 21, 2013
 
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Who created the creator?
Good Question. My answer is I dont rightly know. I do know most humans have a innerbeing, soul, astrial spirit or whatever you might call it. You are not your body your just using the body for a short time. Many folks have the ability to astrial travel. Their spirit can leave the body and travel to other places even other vibrational planes ect. Its not something to be done for fun or material gain. Sometimes earthlings and also Evil Alien beings from other planets can project their spirits to earth. They sometimes invade & temporarly take over the bodies of drug users and mentally disturbed folks. They can cause then to do horrible things and then leave the bewildered victim,s to face the music. I know it sounds nutty and crazy. It does however explain a lot of things. Its been suggested that Charles Manson is leaving the body in the jail cell and possessing others ect.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9040
Feb 21, 2013
 
Real estate is a 100% communist-taxable, communist-repossessable and communist appropriate-able non-asset, it can never be regarded as “private property”. All “government” is “socialist”“communism” these three words all mean the same thing.

Whenever what you mistakenly regard as “yours” is ALSO “ours”(meaning “theirs”) it is you who are the fool.

Property “taxation” and “eminent domain” are just polite words for communism. If we study Springer v US & Hylton v US, it becomes apparent that any tax-communism that is not a “direct” tax-communism (federally apportioned-statewise to favor citizens of states with higher populations) is an “excise” or “duty” tax-communism to be exacted from all.

Mediums of Savings include only Fine Art, Antiques, Gemstones and Precious Metals
- real estate is merely a contract to tax-rent some non-portable parcel of the communal property of a state

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!
---------- My wife who happens to be 1/4 native american has been telling me for years that we never own the land. She states nobody can own the earth mother. Ive learned long ago that she is much wiser than I am. She was always telling me If its your land bought & paid for Why do you have to keep paying Rent(real Property Taxes) and the goverment telling you what dollar amount the rent will be? And she stated you just try and refuse to pay the rent anthe goverment will kick you off of your land. She believes the five civilized tribes where removed to Okahoma terrotory because they wherent paying rent (Taxes) on the mother earth. I really hate to admit she has been absolutly right for 40 + years.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9041
Feb 21, 2013
 
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! I like how you contradict yourself with the European species. I say the cat begining with the siber tooth tiger has been migrating to this continent for many years. SO I guess illigal "migration" known as illegal aliens is a natural occurance also so we should halt all deportations..
You, Sir, are the one who just contradicted yourself. LOL. How can a cat "migrate" to this CONTINENT? They must be awful good swimmers. You do know what a continent is, don't you?

If you think humans shouldn't abide by man-made rules then go ahead and halt all deportations. That must also mean Americans can run across other countries borders too.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9042
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> No birds are likely to get caught in my traps were I placed them. If I where trappimg for birds I would glue grain to the trigger pan and set them in the open.Its not ilegal to setsteel traps for rat,s.
You're gonna give yourself a heart condition worrying about all the animals that share your borrowed property. I find life so much more enjoyable watching the comings and goings of critters.

Last weekend while waiting for the grouse to appear, I was watching some rodent type creature come and go from the seed under the bird feeder. At night I could hear a Northern Saw-whet Owl calling nearby. I am happy to know I have that cute little owl in the yard and that he will remain well-fed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 20 min Jorgus 29,436
Public Elected Officials Information 1 hr scott 59
wreck 2 hr how stupid 20
jeff harris 2 hr concerned 3
Pocahontas rock quarry 4 hr Rodadadadoe 1
looking for old friends 10 hr wondering 1
snitches 10 hr idiots 34

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pocahontas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pocahontas
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••