More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 411)

Showing posts 8,201 - 8,220 of9,710
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Those dogs lived in a subdivision 1/2 mile away from my farm as the crow flies. Its one of those deals where they divided up a 640 acre farm into 10 acre (ranches) then the buyers put three house trailers on a ten acre parcel. Ive drove throught the subdivision and im here to tell you a proper dog enclosure is a rarity in the place. No dog accidently gets loose and immidiately comes to my place to harrass livestock and hopefully become caught by me & destroyed. More than likely they first came to my place when their owners where tresspassing while hunting. When you take your dog somewhere with you your giving him permission to tresspass. Of all the dogs I caught only one had a collar and rabies vaccination tag. The previous post I copyed & pasted isnt from my area. I posted it as a example of the mindset of many dog owners. They buy a few acres and then think now that I live in the country its OK to let my dog roam free. They really believe their dog isnt hurting anything.
"Its one of those deals where they divided up a 640 acre farm into 10 acre (ranches) then the buyers put three house trailers on a ten acre parcel."
That's enough to make one puke! They did that near me.(200 acres turned into 30+ homesites) After 7 homes were built, the economy tanked and people quit building. It's where I used to walk, bird and photograph nature for almost 20 years, with the owners permission, of course. The property recently changed owners, and the new residents (one resident anyway) complained about the lady with the camera walking around, so I quit going there.
indy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

I found one
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Its one of those deals where they divided up a 640 acre farm into 10 acre (ranches) then the buyers put three house trailers on a ten acre parcel."
That's enough to make one puke! They did that near me.(200 acres turned into 30+ homesites) After 7 homes were built, the economy tanked and people quit building. It's where I used to walk, bird and photograph nature for almost 20 years, with the owners permission, of course. The property recently changed owners, and the new residents (one resident anyway) complained about the lady with the camera walking around, so I quit going there.
I really dont care what anyone does on or with their very own property. Not my land not my buisness. In fact they have a counstitional right to the quiet enjoyment of their own land. now when their dogs come on my land and adversely affect me and mne that is a whole different story. Unless you had permission you shouldnt walk ,bird and photograph anyway. I wouldnt give permission because of the liability if someone got injured. arkansas has a law stating the landowner doesnt owe a care of duty to a tresspasser. that dont mean you could set booby traps. It simply means if you tresspass and my bull or billy goat attackes you or something else I cant be sued. I can drive around the subdivision and gawk because the county maintains the roads.
da birds

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Aint nobody got time for dat
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

<quoted text>
Why not just nuke everyone in the world? Then you can be assured that none of those people can ever kill an American!
Dude, THINK about what you're saying, okay? You make true conservatives sound like war mongers. And you don't put ANY consideration at all into the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. EVERY person has a right to a fair trial. You can't kill people and wipe out establishments just because you THINK they MIGHT kill an American SOMEDAY.
What if it was YOUR church, or YOUR Mosque, or YOUR child's day care center?
Don't be silly, nobody wants to nuke everybody in the world except nut case muslim extremists. The constitution and bill of rights do not apply to anybody who is not on American soil. It is OUR documents not the WORLDS documents. Terrorists have NO RIGHTS on a battle field. Sure you can kill people and wipe them out because you think they might attack Americans. We do it all the time. We wipe out terrorist training camps around the world. I know much about this first hand. If you have the means, the intent and the opportunity to do harm to Americans and the American way of life and we know it, then you are subject to being wiped out. It is that simple. If you are shooting at me, my partners or innocnet people from a church then that building no longer constitutes a church and should be destroyed if necessary in order to stop the threat. God will understand.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

<quoted text>
We bombed an aspirin factory in Sudan. Not an accident. And a country that did not attack us.
It was not an aspirin factory. Sudan is a terrorist nation and Sudanese terrorists have attacked us around the world.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You obviously are home if you can look out your window. Some people go to work. My dogs are in the house when I leave, where I know they are safe. Well, as safe as can be expected anyway.
But some people leave their dogs outside. Even in a fenced yard, one can have a trespasser that leaves the gate open and lets the dog out. The meter reader could leave the gate open. A tree could fall on the fence. There are countless ways a dog can get out.
Even in the house, while I'm working, the other half could accidently let my dog out. If he has company when I'm not home, THEY could let the dog out. I told him I want NOBODY in my house when I'm not home, for that very reason, but I can't force him to obey my orders! He is a big boy, ya know.
Again, accidents happen. The dogs' death is NOT a just punishment.
My gates are locked, my fence is secure, funny my dogs (up to six at one time) have been in that back yard ranging from 1998 to present and they have NEVER got out. And I have left the house once or twice in that time frame. When you kill a dog on your property you are not thinking, hmmmm, I wonder if that dog is on my property doing major damage to my living on accident. It really doesn't matter at that point......
yep

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Sorry, the page you requested either doesn't exist or isn't available right now!
Give this thread up losers!
For real, time to give it up.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

yep wrote:
<quoted text>For real, time to give it up.
Thanks for playing...

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I really dont care what anyone does on or with their very own property. Not my land not my buisness. In fact they have a counstitional right to the quiet enjoyment of their own land. now when their dogs come on my land and adversely affect me and mne that is a whole different story. Unless you had permission you shouldnt walk ,bird and photograph anyway. I wouldnt give permission because of the liability if someone got injured. arkansas has a law stating the landowner doesnt owe a care of duty to a tresspasser. that dont mean you could set booby traps. It simply means if you tresspass and my bull or billy goat attackes you or something else I cant be sued. I can drive around the subdivision and gawk because the county maintains the roads.
The previous owner was nice enough to give me access to his land. I would never even consider sueing him if I got hurt! I'm not like that.

You may not care what people do with their property, but it must suck seeing a subdivision where it used to be farmland. That's happened in alot of places here and I don't like it one bit. The people who move in are usually city-slickers looking for nature. Then when they finally get nature, they want to kill everything, plant large lawns and change the surroundings to what they used to have in the city.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>It was not an aspirin factory. Sudan is a terrorist nation and Sudanese terrorists have attacked us around the world.
If a German attacks an American, should we bomb Germany?
If a Canadian attacks an American, should we bomb Canada?
See what I'm sayin'?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be silly, nobody wants to nuke everybody in the world except nut case muslim extremists. The constitution and bill of rights do not apply to anybody who is not on American soil. It is OUR documents not the WORLDS documents. Terrorists have NO RIGHTS on a battle field. Sure you can kill people and wipe them out because you think they might attack Americans. We do it all the time. We wipe out terrorist training camps around the world. I know much about this first hand. If you have the means, the intent and the opportunity to do harm to Americans and the American way of life and we know it, then you are subject to being wiped out. It is that simple. If you are shooting at me, my partners or innocnet people from a church then that building no longer constitutes a church and should be destroyed if necessary in order to stop the threat. God will understand.
"The constitution and bill of rights do not apply to anybody who is not on American soil."
Please show me where it says that in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights!

"Sure you can kill people and wipe them out because you think they might attack Americans. We do it all the time."
And people wonder why they want to attack us! Dude, Read what you just wrote and think about that!
People speed all the time too. Doesn't mean it's legal or right.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>My gates are locked, my fence is secure, funny my dogs (up to six at one time) have been in that back yard ranging from 1998 to present and they have NEVER got out. And I have left the house once or twice in that time frame. When you kill a dog on your property you are not thinking, hmmmm, I wonder if that dog is on my property doing major damage to my living on accident. It really doesn't matter at that point......
When I see a dog on my property I think, "Hmmm, I wonder if he has a collar with a phone number so I can call his owners."
fifty1fifty

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Amid growing public controversy over the Obama administration’s targeted killings of Americans, the White House has ordered the Justice Department to provide two congressional committees with classified documents justifying the policy.

The move by President Barack Obama comes after a group of US senators requested on Monday the legal justification for the killings of US citizens suspected – not convicted or even charged – of terrorism with drone strikes.

“Today, as part of the president’s ongoing commitment to consult with Congress on national security matters, the president directed the Department of Justice to provide the Congressional Intelligence Committees access to classified Office of Legal Counsel advice related to the subject of the Department of Justice white paper,” said an administration official.

The decision to provide the lawmakers with the classified information comes on the eve of the confirmation hearings for John Brennan, Obama's pick for CIA boss. Brennan was a chief architect of the drone program so widely deployed during Obama presidency.

Earlier on Monday NBC released a leaked memo The Guardian called "chilling," as it showed that the government sees little need for constraint on the issue, stating that "The condition that an operational leader present an 'imminent' threat of violent attack against the United States does not require the United States to have clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future."

The Congress' request for the documents was not the first hang-up in Obama's bid to put Brennan at the top of the country's intelligence apparatus. According to documents released by the Senate Intelligence Committee, Brennan has faced questioning over his connection with US prosecutors' investigation into unauthorized leaks of classified information to the press.
RT.com Is it a bird or a plane? No, it is a drone that could kill any of us without just cause. I hope Iran can take over drones and turn them onto their masters the sorry pieces of shat that want to control the world. Return to launch site and access be target. If I see one around my house I hope to be the first American to bring one down. C'mon!
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
When I see a dog on my property I think, "Hmmm, I wonder if he has a collar with a phone number so I can call his owners."
I dont think about it at all. If I see a dog on my land it and its in range I just shoot that dog makes it much easier to check for a collar.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

<quoted text>
The previous owner was nice enough to give me access to his land. I would never even consider sueing him if I got hurt! I'm not like that.
You may not care what people do with their property, but it must suck seeing a subdivision where it used to be farmland. That's happened in alot of places here and I don't like it one bit. The people who move in are usually city-slickers looking for nature. Then when they finally get nature, they want to kill everything, plant large lawns and change the surroundings to what they used to have in the city.
Its a mixed blessing. It depends on how you perfer to look at it? When the land is divided up and improvements are made the county recieves more in tax revenue from the land. And When its sold on easy credit terms many folks who previously where renting can now become landowners for less than they where paying rent. Ive found many times when someone buy,s land they suddenly become better citizens. Its because they put down roots and have money and sweat equity in the property. I like to see folks aquire real property & progress. If the county would pass a leash law or those folks become responsible pet owners. that subdivision wouldnt bother me the least little bit. I believe in letting folks do as they wish as long as it doesnt adversely affect their neighbors. When we cleared all of our bottom land for row crop,s. many folks where angry that I bulldozed and burnt all the trees.( I refered to it as rain forest syndrome) It was none of their buisness. Shure I liked the trees and squirrl hunting ect. but I like the income from the row crop much more.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

<quoted text>
If a German attacks an American, should we bomb Germany?
If a Canadian attacks an American, should we bomb Canada?
See what I'm sayin'?
Nope I do not see what you are saying. If a German attacks an American we should kill that German. If a German Country attacks Americans we should attack that German Country. The German military machine attacked us, mainly Nazis not the German every day people, yet we bombed them into oblivion. It was the only way they would accept defeat and peace would come. If Canada attacks us we should kick their ass pure and simple..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

<quoted text>
"The constitution and bill of rights do not apply to anybody who is not on American soil."
Please show me where it says that in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights!
"Sure you can kill people and wipe them out because you think they might attack Americans. We do it all the time."
And people wonder why they want to attack us! Dude, Read what you just wrote and think about that!
People speed all the time too. Doesn't mean it's legal or right.
It is not written in the Constitution. I dare you to go to Mexico and carry a hand gun on your hip. When they arrest you just tell them that the Constitution allows you to bear arms. I dare you to go to Iran and talk to people about Christianity, when they arrest you just tell them that you have not only freedom of religion but freedom of speech in the Constitution.

If you had evidence that the 9/11 hijackers were going to board planes and crash them into buildings and kill thousands of not only Americans but innocent people from all over the world and the plan was in motion and the only thing you could do was drop a bomb on them and kill them before they arrived at the airport to carry out their attack what would you do?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

<quoted text>
When I see one on my property I wonder how much damage this guy will do before I can get my gun. If he goes about his business and leaves then he leaves alive..
Todd Mcdougle

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>When I see one on my property I wonder how much damage this guy will do before I can get my gun. If he goes about his business and leaves then he leaves alive..
I was fixing fence today & whileI was taking a break a black female cat came along hunting the fence row. I nailed it to the ground with a 12guage 00 buckshot. This weather is ideal for repairing fences.Not too hot. the overgrowth is still dormant allowing me to see wire, rocks & stuff that could dull my chainsaw.And its wet enough that the ground is soft enough for me to drive cedar fence post. I drive my wooden fence post by hand with a 16 pound post maul. I like to have every other fence post be a wood one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,201 - 8,220 of9,710
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mark Bradly Arrested 3 hr guest also 2
5 rivers medical center 3 hr hmm 67
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Blaggard 27,884
Poultry Processor Bringing 1,000 Jobs to Randol... 5 hr guest 19
motorcycle problem 8 hr casual rider 11
County cops VS city cops (Nov '09) 10 hr look it up 27
bucksnort cabin (Dec '08) 10 hr jo blow 85
•••
•••