More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,149

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8758 Feb 6, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one that WAS an accident.
We were testing a missle on White Sands Missle Range in the 50's or 60's when one went out of control and landed in Juarez, Chihuahua Mexico. Pure Accident.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8759 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
BS. I agree with Churm. There is almost nothing our military can't do. They didn't need to kill a kid to get to him.
If wiping out a church, a mosque or a day care center could prevent the death of innocent Americans then I am all for it.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8760 Feb 6, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> My land my rules. Any feral housecat or free roaming dog is in danger if it sets one paw on my property. Pet or not, right or wrong, the anmals fault, the animals owners fault, my fault, nobodys fault, thats just the way it is. We have spent thousands of dollars and countless man hours premeter fencing our place with stout 39 inch woven wire fence. When something digs under my fence its not innocent its tresspassing. I set the 10 inch body grip traps at those locations. No bait or scent necessairy.
That sounds like an old John Wayne movie. My fault, your fault, anybodies fault....

They don't make them like that anymore!
Guess Who

Macomb, MI

#8761 Feb 6, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
Comments
Has anyone seen my German shepard.will pay big dollars for information leading me to my family pet . My boys cry everyday missing our guster. Reward reward reward for safe return home.
"People must learn that the time to "love" your dog is not after it's gone missing but before. Leashes and fences mean never having to say "I miss Buffy so much" and "my kids cry themselves to sleep every night"."

I've cited several examples of how a dog can get free, even when leashed and fenced. It's called an accident. NO human is perfect, nor are the things they make foolproof.

There might be some idiots and irresponsible people in your area, but they are not all deserving of losing their pets if one gets loose.

I respect the fact you spent alot of money and man hours building your fence, but holes can always be fixed. A life cannot be replaced.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8762 Feb 6, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
"People must learn that the time to "love" your dog is not after it's gone missing but before. Leashes and fences mean never having to say "I miss Buffy so much" and "my kids cry themselves to sleep every night"."
I've cited several examples of how a dog can get free, even when leashed and fenced. It's called an accident. NO human is perfect, nor are the things they make foolproof.
There might be some idiots and irresponsible people in your area, but they are not all deserving of losing their pets if one gets loose.
I respect the fact you spent alot of money and man hours building your fence, but holes can always be fixed. A life cannot be replaced.
I just looked out my back window and my two dogs are still in their fenced backyard. They have been there since 1999. NEVER got out. Interesting what a truly responsible pet owner can accomplish when he puts his mind to it. The sad thing is theses idiots will just go out and get another mutt so the same thing can happen again. I have seen it time and time again. Some people shouldn't have pets or kids..
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#8763 Feb 6, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Those dogs lived in a subdivision 1/2 mile away from my farm as the crow flies. Its one of those deals where they divided up a 640 acre farm into 10 acre (ranches) then the buyers put three house trailers on a ten acre parcel. Ive drove throught the subdivision and im here to tell you a proper dog enclosure is a rarity in the place. No dog accidently gets loose and immidiately comes to my place to harrass livestock and hopefully become caught by me & destroyed. More than likely they first came to my place when their owners where tresspassing while hunting. When you take your dog somewhere with you your giving him permission to tresspass. Of all the dogs I caught only one had a collar and rabies vaccination tag. The previous post I copyed & pasted isnt from my area. I posted it as a example of the mindset of many dog owners. They buy a few acres and then think now that I live in the country its OK to let my dog roam free. They really believe their dog isnt hurting anything.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#8764 Feb 6, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds like an old John Wayne movie. My fault, your fault, anybodies fault....
They don't make them like that anymore!
Yea John Wayne made that statement to Richard Boone in a western movie. I plagurized it with a few changes. I also plagurize many statement,s that where made by Ken Curtis who was Festus Haggen of Gunsmoke.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8765 Feb 6, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Yea John Wayne made that statement to Richard Boone in a western movie. I plagurized it with a few changes. I also plagurize many statement,s that where made by Ken Curtis who was Festus Haggen of Gunsmoke.
You know they wanted John Wayne to play Matt Dillon and he declined. He was the one who suggested Arnez for the part. I hope I got that name correct.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8766 Feb 6, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Yea John Wayne made that statement to Richard Boone in a western movie. I plagurized it with a few changes. I also plagurize many statement,s that where made by Ken Curtis who was Festus Haggen of Gunsmoke.
Big Jake I think. When they kidnapped his grandson.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#8767 Feb 6, 2013
James Arness. His brother was Peter Graves. I always liked the episode where Matt comes in on the stage carrying his saddle. Chester ask,s him did you get the man you where after Mr Dillon? Matt replied no he got away I killed my horse trying to catch him. And the very next episode Matt would be riding ole buck again. Ole buck had a lot of distance between his front legs. Very powerful chest mucles. He likely was part draft horse. probably Belgan. Made for a durable gentle horse but would be rough to ride. Buck was a big horse. However Dillon was so big he made buck look small in comparision whn mounted up.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8768 Feb 6, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
James Arness. His brother was Peter Graves. I always liked the episode where Matt comes in on the stage carrying his saddle. Chester ask,s him did you get the man you where after Mr Dillon? Matt replied no he got away I killed my horse trying to catch him. And the very next episode Matt would be riding ole buck again. Ole buck had a lot of distance between his front legs. Very powerful chest mucles. He likely was part draft horse. probably Belgan. Made for a durable gentle horse but would be rough to ride. Buck was a big horse. However Dillon was so big he made buck look small in comparision whn mounted up.
That was one of the longest running series of all time. They just don't make them like that anymore. We as a people and country have strayed from what once made us great, solid core values, ethics and morals and, manners and close family ties. I am guilty at times also......

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#8769 Feb 6, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>If wiping out a church, a mosque or a day care center could prevent the death of innocent Americans then I am all for it.
Why not just nuke everyone in the world? Then you can be assured that none of those people can ever kill an American!

Dude, THINK about what you're saying, okay? You make true conservatives sound like war mongers. And you don't put ANY consideration at all into the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. EVERY person has a right to a fair trial. You can't kill people and wipe out establishments just because you THINK they MIGHT kill an American SOMEDAY.

What if it was YOUR church, or YOUR Mosque, or YOUR child's day care center?

SE Michigan

#8770 Feb 6, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>We were testing a missle on White Sands Missle Range in the 50's or 60's when one went out of control and landed in Juarez, Chihuahua Mexico. Pure Accident.
We bombed an aspirin factory in Sudan. Not an accident. And a country that did not attack us.

“*Merry Christmas*”

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#8771 Feb 6, 2013
Sorry, the page you requested either doesn't exist or isn't available right now!
Give this thread up losers!

SE Michigan

#8772 Feb 6, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I just looked out my back window and my two dogs are still in their fenced backyard. They have been there since 1999. NEVER got out. Interesting what a truly responsible pet owner can accomplish when he puts his mind to it. The sad thing is theses idiots will just go out and get another mutt so the same thing can happen again. I have seen it time and time again. Some people shouldn't have pets or kids..
You obviously are home if you can look out your window. Some people go to work. My dogs are in the house when I leave, where I know they are safe. Well, as safe as can be expected anyway.

But some people leave their dogs outside. Even in a fenced yard, one can have a trespasser that leaves the gate open and lets the dog out. The meter reader could leave the gate open. A tree could fall on the fence. There are countless ways a dog can get out.

Even in the house, while I'm working, the other half could accidently let my dog out. If he has company when I'm not home, THEY could let the dog out. I told him I want NOBODY in my house when I'm not home, for that very reason, but I can't force him to obey my orders! He is a big boy, ya know.

Again, accidents happen. The dogs' death is NOT a just punishment.

SE Michigan

#8774 Feb 6, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Those dogs lived in a subdivision 1/2 mile away from my farm as the crow flies. Its one of those deals where they divided up a 640 acre farm into 10 acre (ranches) then the buyers put three house trailers on a ten acre parcel. Ive drove throught the subdivision and im here to tell you a proper dog enclosure is a rarity in the place. No dog accidently gets loose and immidiately comes to my place to harrass livestock and hopefully become caught by me & destroyed. More than likely they first came to my place when their owners where tresspassing while hunting. When you take your dog somewhere with you your giving him permission to tresspass. Of all the dogs I caught only one had a collar and rabies vaccination tag. The previous post I copyed & pasted isnt from my area. I posted it as a example of the mindset of many dog owners. They buy a few acres and then think now that I live in the country its OK to let my dog roam free. They really believe their dog isnt hurting anything.
I agree 100% that many of those people don't care. There are people near me with the same mindset that because they are in the country, they can let their dogs run. The dogs ARE hurting things, even on their own property, like my neighbors dogs. They should be dealt with on a case by case basis when they trespass.

SE Michigan

#8775 Feb 6, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Those dogs lived in a subdivision 1/2 mile away from my farm as the crow flies. Its one of those deals where they divided up a 640 acre farm into 10 acre (ranches) then the buyers put three house trailers on a ten acre parcel. Ive drove throught the subdivision and im here to tell you a proper dog enclosure is a rarity in the place. No dog accidently gets loose and immidiately comes to my place to harrass livestock and hopefully become caught by me & destroyed. More than likely they first came to my place when their owners where tresspassing while hunting. When you take your dog somewhere with you your giving him permission to tresspass. Of all the dogs I caught only one had a collar and rabies vaccination tag. The previous post I copyed & pasted isnt from my area. I posted it as a example of the mindset of many dog owners. They buy a few acres and then think now that I live in the country its OK to let my dog roam free. They really believe their dog isnt hurting anything.
"Its one of those deals where they divided up a 640 acre farm into 10 acre (ranches) then the buyers put three house trailers on a ten acre parcel."
That's enough to make one puke! They did that near me.(200 acres turned into 30+ homesites) After 7 homes were built, the economy tanked and people quit building. It's where I used to walk, bird and photograph nature for almost 20 years, with the owners permission, of course. The property recently changed owners, and the new residents (one resident anyway) complained about the lady with the camera walking around, so I quit going there.
indy

Oklahoma City, OK

#8776 Feb 6, 2013
I found one
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#8777 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
"Its one of those deals where they divided up a 640 acre farm into 10 acre (ranches) then the buyers put three house trailers on a ten acre parcel."
That's enough to make one puke! They did that near me.(200 acres turned into 30+ homesites) After 7 homes were built, the economy tanked and people quit building. It's where I used to walk, bird and photograph nature for almost 20 years, with the owners permission, of course. The property recently changed owners, and the new residents (one resident anyway) complained about the lady with the camera walking around, so I quit going there.
I really dont care what anyone does on or with their very own property. Not my land not my buisness. In fact they have a counstitional right to the quiet enjoyment of their own land. now when their dogs come on my land and adversely affect me and mne that is a whole different story. Unless you had permission you shouldnt walk ,bird and photograph anyway. I wouldnt give permission because of the liability if someone got injured. arkansas has a law stating the landowner doesnt owe a care of duty to a tresspasser. that dont mean you could set booby traps. It simply means if you tresspass and my bull or billy goat attackes you or something else I cant be sued. I can drive around the subdivision and gawk because the county maintains the roads.
da birds

Conway, AR

#8778 Feb 7, 2013
Aint nobody got time for dat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 min Liz 30,410
Odie and Keith Summers (Apr '10) 5 min anonymous 47
Imperial Theater (Aug '12) 26 min completely_unknown 145
Work needed for Christmas 32 min what 6
kadem lee ray 3 hr Catching Up 6
christmas party 6 hr Guest 3
that Haley at Wendy's is awesome she's the best 8 hr true 3

Child Abduction Emergency for Randolph County was issued at December 18 at 9:15AM CST

Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pocahontas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pocahontas

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:48 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:48PM