More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 409)

Showing posts 8,161 - 8,180 of9,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Im pretty deaf about 90% in one ear."
I believe they make things for that.
I also heard of a new technology recently. Check this out.
http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/teeth-util...
Punctured my right ear with a stick. Icant pass the test to get a health card for driving a semi truck. There was this 80 year old doctor that I went to to get my health card. He was deaf also so didnt notice I talk loud & couldnt hear properly. I also took a digital camera picture of his eye chart and memorized it. 20-20 vision without glasses! sadly he died and I couldnt get a health card anymore. So now my CDL is downgraded. It was time I quit herding around a big long 80,000 pound truck anyhow.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Name one that wasn't an accident?
We bombed Wacky Kadaffis home and killed his ten year old daughter.That was just wrong. No way to justify such a cowardly act. Shure kadaffi did some wrong bad things. However two wrongs never make a right.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> We bombed Wacky Kadaffis home and killed his ten year old daughter.That was just wrong. No way to justify such a cowardly act. Shure kadaffi did some wrong bad things. However two wrongs never make a right.
That camel jockey goat herder was responsible for bringing down one of our Marine Barracks killing hundreds of Marines and the Lockerbie Bombing over England. He got what he deserved. And you never heard a peep out of him again until his own people killed the murdering thug. Good riddance.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>That camel jockey goat herder was responsible for bringing down one of our Marine Barracks killing hundreds of Marines and the Lockerbie Bombing over England. He got what he deserved. And you never heard a peep out of him again until his own people killed the murdering thug. Good riddance.
His ten year old daughter was innocent. It was wrong kill her. they should have went after him in a different manner. I know for a fact losing a child is a fate worse than death.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>His ten year old daughter was innocent. It was wrong kill her. they should have went after him in a different manner. I know for a fact losing a child is a fate worse than death.
It was a fate he brought upon himself. You know how many children were on that plane over Lockerbie? You know how many parents lost their children during that barraks attack. You know what I mean. I agree women and children should be off limits but there comes a time when you fight fire with fire. And they did not target his child, they were going after him.
Waco the Kid

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>His ten year old daughter was innocent. It was wrong kill her. they should have went after him in a different manner. I know for a fact losing a child is a fate worse than death.
You are really one stupid fuctard hillbilly from Arizona. Oops my bad, youre from the hill country of Deliverance Arkansas. Using a dead child to support your diatribe is despicable and a all time low chummy. Wow talk about honoring your child's memory loser.
WAIRROR

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

This is one of the few rights which the founding fathers saw fit to emphasize the reasoning behind. Because we need a well regulated militia (not well regulated weapons). They recognized that at some point, the army (police) would not be sufficient and the need for the citizens to come to the defense of the public would be there. They wanted men who owned and knew how to use weapons to be immediately available. With the rise of crime... drive by shooting, gang warfare, illegals, little border control, Muslims being let in our once great country and crazies in our schools... and the increasing threat of radical insurgents, the army and police cannot be everywhere. The safety of our way of life may someday lie with the public. Whoever said it was profound, "I carry a gun because a policeman is too heavy." When seconds count it takes minutes for the police to help.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

WAIRROR wrote:
This is one of the few rights which the founding fathers saw fit to emphasize the reasoning behind. Because we need a well regulated militia (not well regulated weapons). They recognized that at some point, the army (police) would not be sufficient and the need for the citizens to come to the defense of the public would be there. They wanted men who owned and knew how to use weapons to be immediately available. With the rise of crime... drive by shooting, gang warfare, illegals, little border control, Muslims being let in our once great country and crazies in our schools... and the increasing threat of radical insurgents, the army and police cannot be everywhere. The safety of our way of life may someday lie with the public. Whoever said it was profound, "I carry a gun because a policeman is too heavy." When seconds count it takes minutes for the police to help.
WOW! I really hope you seek the mental help you need.
Waco the Kid

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

WAIRROR wrote:
You carry a gun because you're scared of your own shadow. You remind me of the recent gun nut that killed the school bus driver with a gun and kidnapped that little boy. Stfu and go crawl back in your buried bunker fuctard. Guns kill period and should be outlawed and confiscated before more children are murdered by gun nuts that think it's their constitutional right to possess military style weapons a far cry from musket rifles.
Post Turtle

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Waco the Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You carry a gun because you're scared of your own shadow. You remind me of the recent gun nut that killed the school bus driver with a gun and kidnapped that little boy. Stfu and go crawl back in your buried bunker fuctard. Guns kill period and should be outlawed and confiscated before more children are murdered by gun nuts that think it's their constitutional right to possess military style weapons a far cry from musket rifles.
THE DEAD COW LECTURE This is the best example for paying attention that I have ever heard.

First-year students at the Purdue Vet School were attending their first anatomy class with a real dead cow. They all gathered around the surgery table with the body covered with a white sheet.
The professor started the class by telling them, "In Veterinary medicine it is necessary to have two important qualities as a doctor. The first is that you not be disgusted by anything involving the animal's body. " For an example, the professor pulled back the sheet, stuck his finger in the butt of the cow, withdrew it, and stuck his finger in his mouth.

"Go ahead and do the same thing," he told his students.

The students freaked out, hesitated for several minutes, but eventually took turns sticking a finger in the butt of the dead cow and sucking on it.

When everyone finished, the Professor looked at them and said, "The second most important quality is observation. I stuck my middle finger in the cow and sucked on my index finger. Now learn to pay attention. Life's tough but it's even tougher if you're stupid."

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Name one that wasn't an accident?
Name one that WAS an accident.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> When the churmudgeon animal kills it isnt because he is evil or hateful It,s just what I do to enshure my property survives. Ive got a cow that looks horrible. Its ears are torn off right at the skull. Its nose was bitten & torn so it appears to have a harelip. Its tail has the switch missing. and it constantly has a runny nose. A cows ears connect to the frontal sinus. All caused by dogs that irresponsible pet owers let roam at large. that cow did NOTHING to deserve it. Those dogs maimed that cow just for fun. They where bored and just wanted to harm some innocent ole cow. They where owned and well fed healthy animals. They didnt need to be cow molesters to survive. Those bad dogs did indeed deserve to be caught in a body grip trap. The Churmudgeon made shure those dogs didnt do that no more times. If I was hard hearted I would shipp ole bony to the slaughter facility. But I keep her kinda for show & tell. She get,s special feed every day. she even had a calf this year. The calf grew poorly because she cant graze properly and didnt have much milk. By the way Its the law that kills the violent criminals not the person who flips the switch.
How do you know the dog you caught was the guilty one? The dog that attacked your cow should have some injuries if the cow fought back. Correct?
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

<quoted text>
How do you know the dog you caught was the guilty one? The dog that attacked your cow should have some injuries if the cow fought back. Correct?
Your grasping at straws. I seen the dogs Running away as i drove up. I went and tracked them in the snow to the subdivision where they resided. I didnt contact &confront the owners because they would defend fido & bowser to the hilt and would be denialist. So I trapped those dogs and made it look like they where road kill. The cow was isolating herself from the main herd because she was preparing to calve. You cant confront the owners of wayward pets. because if you do and something happens to fido or bowser they will retaliate by shooting your cows or arson etc. The Arkansas law states ( about to ) It dont have to be actively harrasssing just about to. If a running at large dog comes on my place I assume that its (about to )harrass livestock. Keep fido & bowser on your own property and they are safe from me. those dogs where part lab,part bulldog, and mountian cur, One was a beagle. That cow without horns with a pack of dogs attacking couldnt defend herself or injure the dogs. one dog on each ear one on the nose and two on the tail. those dogs where just bad animals. and im not the only one in the vicinity who had cows killed & molested by that very same dog pack. i just returned from the sale barn. I sold 5 head for over $4000.00. No way am I gonna let dogs rob me of my work & profit. Those dogs turned a $800.00 cow into a $75 dollar cow. As the old saying goes kill them all and let god sort out the good from the bad.

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Post Turtle wrote:
<quoted text>THE DEAD COW LECTURE This is the best example for paying attention that I have ever heard.
First-year students at the Purdue Vet School were attending their first anatomy class with a real dead cow. They all gathered around the surgery table with the body covered with a white sheet.
The professor started the class by telling them, "In Veterinary medicine it is necessary to have two important qualities as a doctor. The first is that you not be disgusted by anything involving the animal's body. " For an example, the professor pulled back the sheet, stuck his finger in the butt of the cow, withdrew it, and stuck his finger in his mouth.
"Go ahead and do the same thing," he told his students.
The students freaked out, hesitated for several minutes, but eventually took turns sticking a finger in the butt of the dead cow and sucking on it.
When everyone finished, the Professor looked at them and said, "The second most important quality is observation. I stuck my middle finger in the cow and sucked on my index finger. Now learn to pay attention. Life's tough but it's even tougher if you're stupid."
very funny

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>Your grasping at straws. I seen the dogs Running away as i drove up. I went and tracked them in the snow to the subdivision where they resided. I didnt contact &confront the owners because they would defend fido & bowser to the hilt and would be denialist. So I trapped those dogs and made it look like they where road kill. The cow was isolating herself from the main herd because she was preparing to calve. You cant confront the owners of wayward pets. because if you do and something happens to fido or bowser they will retaliate by shooting your cows or arson etc. The Arkansas law states ( about to ) It dont have to be actively harrasssing just about to. If a running at large dog comes on my place I assume that its (about to )harrass livestock. Keep fido & bowser on your own property and they are safe from me. those dogs where part lab,part bulldog, and mountian cur, One was a beagle. That cow without horns with a pack of dogs attacking couldnt defend herself or injure the dogs. one dog on each ear one on the nose and two on the tail. those dogs where just bad animals. and im not the only one in the vicinity who had cows killed & molested by that very same dog pack. i just returned from the sale barn. I sold 5 head for over $4000.00. No way am I gonna let dogs rob me of my work & profit. Those dogs turned a $800.00 cow into a $75 dollar cow. As the old saying goes kill them all and let god sort out the good from the bad.
I don't blame you one bit. You can bet that wasn't the first time they had likely done something similar. People need to realize that they are responsible for their pets. And like you said, they wouldn't have believed you or admit it.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Waco the Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really one stupid fuctard hillbilly from Arizona. Oops my bad, youre from the hill country of Deliverance Arkansas. Using a dead child to support your diatribe is despicable and a all time low chummy. Wow talk about honoring your child's memory loser.
BS. I agree with Churm. There is almost nothing our military can't do. They didn't need to kill a kid to get to him.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Waco the Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of things kill. Should we ban everything?
fifty1fifty

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

<quoted text>
Lots of things kill. Should we ban everything?
My observations show that the #1 killer is man so maybe they will ban mankind too. Big Pharma kill more everyday than even NATO and the western block, maybe pharma causes people to go shoot people even, ban Xanax before guns maybe?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>Your grasping at straws. I seen the dogs Running away as i drove up. I went and tracked them in the snow to the subdivision where they resided. I didnt contact &confront the owners because they would defend fido & bowser to the hilt and would be denialist. So I trapped those dogs and made it look like they where road kill. The cow was isolating herself from the main herd because she was preparing to calve. You cant confront the owners of wayward pets. because if you do and something happens to fido or bowser they will retaliate by shooting your cows or arson etc. The Arkansas law states ( about to ) It dont have to be actively harrasssing just about to. If a running at large dog comes on my place I assume that its (about to )harrass livestock. Keep fido & bowser on your own property and they are safe from me. those dogs where part lab,part bulldog, and mountian cur, One was a beagle. That cow without horns with a pack of dogs attacking couldnt defend herself or injure the dogs. one dog on each ear one on the nose and two on the tail. those dogs where just bad animals. and im not the only one in the vicinity who had cows killed & molested by that very same dog pack. i just returned from the sale barn. I sold 5 head for over $4000.00. No way am I gonna let dogs rob me of my work & profit. Those dogs turned a $800.00 cow into a $75 dollar cow. As the old saying goes kill them all and let god sort out the good from the bad.
This might surprise you, but I defend your right to kill those dogs in defense of your animals. What I don't condone is the use of indiscriminate killing traps. They could have just as easily killed someone's beloved pet who had no involvement in hurting your cow.

In Yellowstone a few years ago, one of our dogs scooted out of the motorhome quickly and unexpectedly as I was going ouside. Luckily, I was able to tackle him outside before he ran off. He could have ended up in a situation where he got caught in someone's deadly trap if he was sniffing around. That is just wrong. He wouldn't deserve it. Neither would I.

My neighbors 2 boxers have killed countless animals. One Memorial Day, I got up early to enjoy a nice spring day. The first event of the morning was hearing commotion in the yard next door. The dogs had an opossum they were chomping on. It was barely alive. It died a short while later. After it's death, 5 babies came out of her. They died that afternoon. I was irate to say the least.

In the afternoon of that same day, those dogs had a Red-bellied Woodpecker they were throwing around like a squeak toy. This was almost a daily occurance.

The neighbors finally restricted them to a smaller portion of the yard after the lady watchd her dogs tear a couple deers apart as they screamed in pain.

I would gladly pull the trigger on those two monsters, but they are on their own property and I don't want to make enemies with the neighbors. And like you, I don't need retaliation later.

That sounds terrible and I never thought I'd say that about a dog, but I totally understand why you'd be pissed off.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text> I don't blame you one bit. You can bet that wasn't the first time they had likely done something similar. People need to realize that they are responsible for their pets. And like you said, they wouldn't have believed you or admit it.
I don't blame him either. But those traps kill innocent, non-target animals and are just not right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,161 - 8,180 of9,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pocahontas Discussions

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
drones in Pocahontas 4 hr myfifty 4
local pharmacy technician pay 5 hr richard head 2
Tim bagwell???? 5 hr jake 2
Hospital Tax 7 hr Pitiful 34
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 hr Answer Man 28,944
riverside 7 hr Benson 4
Mayor 8 hr Jess 5
•••
•••