More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,146

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#8717 Feb 4, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I think my greatest immediate threat will Likely come from the lowlife welfare scum that live in the area. They already steal and vandalize with impunity. The law is no help. Ive let stuff slide because I just didnt want to kill someone over material goods. I had a guy steal several thousand dollars worth of items. I proved to the deputy the theft. The sherriff & prosecueter didnt do their job. And that thief was going to check his mail and fell into the road and killed by a passing car KARMA? I guess so! Ive got weapons , pack animals, camping gear ect. If I have to leave my home Ill burn it behind me. We have know how traps & snares can feed you efficiently. A brace & bit will provide water very easily. simply drill a hole into a tree Drive in a spout hang a bucket and collect the sap. the sap has sugars ect. that make it better than water. I have several smal cashes of items just in case. We have some hammock tents. The pack animals can carry a good amount of ammo &other supplies. Without them I would be in a bad way very quickly. how far could a 66 year old arthritic geezer carry even Just a AK47 and a couple thousand rounds of ammo? having know how is more importiant than a hoard of goods. Salt is a importiant necessity in a self reliant situation. its needed to preserve food & it last forever. bury it in several different locations. Now having stated all of this I really hope im dead wrong and the collapse never comes to pass. nothing wrong with being prepared for something that never happens.
It IS fun to dream about it though.:)

SE Michigan

#8718 Feb 4, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Just Where & how do you get this wrong notion that there is hate involved? Is it hate when someone kills a mosquito,swats a fly, squashes a tick ,sprays their home for termites ect. Is that fly ,termite, tick ect. any less alive than the varmits I dispatch because those varmits have the propesenty & ability to adversely effect the creatures that are fed nutured and loved &deemed more importaint to me than those I consider varmits? Do you believe the old time Hangmen, Electric Chair operators, firing squad or the modern leathal injection doctors hated those humans they killed. I believe they are just doing their jobs. I could even do that job without letting touchy feely or hate emotions be present. Indifferent is my state. wether its pulling a weed, cutting a tree or killing a animal I raised for food. I thank the trees spirit just the same as the pig for being available for my use. I was indifferent back in the sixties also no elation no remorse. I did say a sort of prayer for their souls. I was mad & hateful at the goverment politicians army (so called superior officers) ect.and am still angry at them. All those wars then and now are and where for nothing. Im simply very dissapointed in my country & fellow citizens.
"I could even do that job without letting touchy feely or hate emotions be present."
So could I. I don't place much value on violent criminals. I may feel bad for the families of those people, because I'm sure they are still loved by somebody.

Animals, yes, I would feel bad over it. Because they did NOTHING to deserve it. When an animal kills, it isn't because they're evil. It's just what they do to survive. I am indifferent about that.

Don't be disappointed in your fellow citizen. Many of us feel the same way you do about the government and the needless wars.

SE Michigan

#8719 Feb 4, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Im pretty deaf about 90% in one ear. anyone could very easilysneak up on me. My preps arent really for me. There for the grandchildren. I would like to have my DNA carried on into the future (Its very inportiant to me because of my religion) Its my desire that the Everywhere Spirit will look after their survival & spirit. As the native americans say (today is a good day to die) Im a Agnostic Fatalist who happens to believe the theory of reincarnation has merit. as well as the law of cause & effect(KARMA)
"Im pretty deaf about 90% in one ear."
I believe they make things for that.
I also heard of a new technology recently. Check this out.
http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/teeth-util...

SE Michigan

#8720 Feb 4, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>If you stop foreign aid you will have millions more illegals over here.
Other countries don't shell out billions in foreign aid. Why aren't illegals breaking through their borders? We just have to let them know we are broke and they will get NOTHING but a ride home if they show up here.

SE Michigan

#8721 Feb 4, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>The security of America does not allow one to follow their conscience. You know that..
The security of America does not hinge on going to other countries and killing people who have not attacked us. It lessens our security.

SE Michigan

#8722 Feb 4, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> They gave me one of those not so desirable discharges for not following orders. I simply told a dumbass army captian ( did anyone ever tell you to go F--k yourself). followed by the universal hand sign of contempt. I used to have it framed and hanging on the living room wall. That house burnt and they wouldnt send me a replacement copy. Any how too many officers died in my vicinity and I was suspect. I simply kept saluting them as-----s I cant help it the snipers killed them. They shoulda been nicer to us privates. Instead of thinking we where cannon fodder.
I'm sorry to hear that..... that they wouldn't send you a replacement copy.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8723 Feb 4, 2013
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I suppose itsone of those things where we are dammed if we doand dammed if we dont. In other words where screwed. Golly a lose lose situation!
We are definitely screwed. All immigration should be stopped, ALL legal and illegal until we can sort it out and detemine who is really here.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8724 Feb 4, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suppose you know what a Canyon wren is? I'm wondering if they have a population of them there. I revolve my trips around what birds I'll see and/or hear. The Canyon Wren has one of the prettiest songs in the country and I haven't heard them in so long. We don't get them here. I'm considering my next birding trip and they are at the top of my list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zv1ijp5-OJYXX
I shot one of those this morning. LOL! No not really. I have seen them in some rock cliffs in Western New Mexico near the Saw Tooth Mountains. They are noisy, in a good way.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8725 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Our government is no better. They send Billions of $$ overseas, often to our enemies.
That money is bribe money, it helps keep big bombs out of crazy hands and keeps most of their citizens on their own soil. It's a necessary evil unfortunately.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8726 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
"I could even do that job without letting touchy feely or hate emotions be present."
So could I. I don't place much value on violent criminals. I may feel bad for the families of those people, because I'm sure they are still loved by somebody.
Animals, yes, I would feel bad over it. Because they did NOTHING to deserve it. When an animal kills, it isn't because they're evil. It's just what they do to survive. I am indifferent about that.
Don't be disappointed in your fellow citizen. Many of us feel the same way you do about the government and the needless wars.
I have killed many a dog when I was a kid. You see these dogs were dropped off out in the country because do gooder city folk couldn't take care of them anymore and thought a country home would suit them well. After a while these dogs pack up and roam around killing sheep, chickens, pigs, cattle goats and just about anything else they can get their teeth sunk into. They didn't kill to eat they killed to kill, for the fun of it. There are evil animals out there also. Less now that I took care of some!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8727 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Other countries don't shell out billions in foreign aid. Why aren't illegals breaking through their borders? We just have to let them know we are broke and they will get NOTHING but a ride home if they show up here.
The world is ran by the American dollar and the Muslim extremeists!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8728 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
The security of America does not hinge on going to other countries and killing people who have not attacked us. It lessens our security.
Tell that to the family of the victims of 9-11 or Pearl Harbor. We have to go to where the radicals are at. They attacked us. We don't kill unless we have to.

SE Michigan

#8729 Feb 4, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>We are definitely screwed. All immigration should be stopped, ALL legal and illegal until we can sort it out and detemine who is really here.
An impossibility!

SE Michigan

#8730 Feb 4, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to the family of the victims of 9-11 or Pearl Harbor. We have to go to where the radicals are at. They attacked us. We don't kill unless we have to.
"9-11 or Pearl Harbor"
Two examples of attacks on us where we did rightfully retaliate.

But, Do you REALLY think we have NOT bombed countries that have NOT attacked us??? REALLY???

SE Michigan

#8731 Feb 4, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I have killed many a dog when I was a kid. You see these dogs were dropped off out in the country because do gooder city folk couldn't take care of them anymore and thought a country home would suit them well. After a while these dogs pack up and roam around killing sheep, chickens, pigs, cattle goats and just about anything else they can get their teeth sunk into. They didn't kill to eat they killed to kill, for the fun of it. There are evil animals out there also. Less now that I took care of some!
Those people are not do-gooders. They are irresponsible pet owners who are too selfish and lazy to seek out a good home for a family member they decide they don't want anymore. That is evil, IMO.

When I decide to bring a dog home and make him part of my family, that's it, he is part of the family and will stay that way until he dies. If only people were as loyal to their pets as their pets are to them.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8732 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
An impossibility!
They said that about the earth being round, They said that about talking to people from one side of the country to the other with a wireless box, they said that about landing on the moon. I can go on and on but you se where this is going..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8733 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
"9-11 or Pearl Harbor"
Two examples of attacks on us where we did rightfully retaliate.
But, Do you REALLY think we have NOT bombed countries that have NOT attacked us??? REALLY???
Name one that wasn't an accident?
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#8734 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
When the churmudgeon animal kills it isnt because he is evil or hateful It,s just what I do to enshure my property survives. Ive got a cow that looks horrible. Its ears are torn off right at the skull. Its nose was bitten & torn so it appears to have a harelip. Its tail has the switch missing. and it constantly has a runny nose. A cows ears connect to the frontal sinus. All caused by dogs that irresponsible pet owers let roam at large. that cow did NOTHING to deserve it. Those dogs maimed that cow just for fun. They where bored and just wanted to harm some innocent ole cow. They where owned and well fed healthy animals. They didnt need to be cow molesters to survive. Those bad dogs did indeed deserve to be caught in a body grip trap. The Churmudgeon made shure those dogs didnt do that no more times. If I was hard hearted I would shipp ole bony to the slaughter facility. But I keep her kinda for show & tell. She get,s special feed every day. she even had a calf this year. The calf grew poorly because she cant graze properly and didnt have much milk. By the way Its the law that kills the violent criminals not the person who flips the switch.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#8735 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
"Im pretty deaf about 90% in one ear."
I believe they make things for that.
I also heard of a new technology recently. Check this out.
http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/teeth-util...
Punctured my right ear with a stick. Icant pass the test to get a health card for driving a semi truck. There was this 80 year old doctor that I went to to get my health card. He was deaf also so didnt notice I talk loud & couldnt hear properly. I also took a digital camera picture of his eye chart and memorized it. 20-20 vision without glasses! sadly he died and I couldnt get a health card anymore. So now my CDL is downgraded. It was time I quit herding around a big long 80,000 pound truck anyhow.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#8736 Feb 4, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Name one that wasn't an accident?
We bombed Wacky Kadaffis home and killed his ten year old daughter.That was just wrong. No way to justify such a cowardly act. Shure kadaffi did some wrong bad things. However two wrongs never make a right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr barney is a liar 30,291
Deer Hunting an the law 5 hr Lawyer 108
Farting preachers (Dec '11) 11 hr guest 8
flair salon 14 hr Red 11
hwy. 115 salvage yard 14 hr Red 6
preachers pay 14 hr Red 7
here comes the trailer parks 14 hr concerned propert... 1
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match

Pocahontas People Search