More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 399)

Showing posts 7,961 - 7,980 of9,712
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Old Army

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope I'm not hurting your eyes with my accent as you read my posts.
Not atall, I understand Jive whether its with a Yankee accent or a New Mexican accent. lol
Farmers Daughter

Piedmont, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You can trace all of this mess back to one thing, LIBERALISM!
Blaming it on one group is pretty small minded. I think it's both sides with power. Neither party has the best interest of the american people. Just special interest.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
What would you expect when coming from a place of pristine desert, grasslands and mountains?
What part of Michigan did you visit? Is is safe to assume you were in the Detroit area?
Where I am right now at the cabin in the north is effing AWESOME!!!If you were to walk through the yard not knowing what state you were in, you could easily believe it was Alaska- minus the mountains. Though we do have some hilly areas.
Detroit should be bull dozed. You don't plan on living there after you and your hubby retre do you?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Farmers Daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
Blaming it on one group is pretty small minded. I think it's both sides with power. Neither party has the best interest of the american people. Just special interest.
Liberalism has never worked anywhere in the world. Never has and never will. It's the liberals who have dumbed down this country!
Farmers Daughter

Piedmont, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Liberalism has never worked anywhere in the world. Never has and never will. It's the liberals who have dumbed down this country!
So you thinks how the pubs has sold us out to china has worked for us?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Farmers Daughter wrote:
<quoted text> So you thinks how the pubs has sold us out to china has worked for us?
I thinks the liberal unions made it impossible for average Americans to buy goods at a decent price so manufacturers had no choice but to make their product on foreign soil. I don't qualify for free stuff so I like cheap stuff instead. Thank you china, mexico, indonesia and all you other people from countries who need jobs also!
Farmers Daughter

Piedmont, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I thinks the liberal unions made it impossible for average Americans to buy goods at a decent price so manufacturers had no choice but to make their product on foreign soil. I don't qualify for free stuff so I like cheap stuff instead. Thank you china, mexico, indonesia and all you other people from countries who need jobs also!
Well that's a anti American statement if I ever saw one. Consider our conversations OVER!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Farmers Daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's a anti American statement if I ever saw one. Consider our conversations OVER!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
You ending our friendship really dissapoints me, I don't know how I will go on living without haveing to converse with such a moron like you! LMAO! You should learn what Americanism is befoe you try and spout it! Look around your humble abode, most of it is not made in America yet you still have it. Hypocrite much?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Farmers Daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an absolute FACT.
Farmers Daughter

Piedmont, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
That is an absolute FACT.
This is what's wrong with our gov't and people. Each party blames the other, instead of working together to do what is right for everyone. The people we vote for tell us what we want to here to get elected, then they only really work for the people who give them the money to get elected, not the people who voted for them.

And since i'm the daughter of a American Farmer, I try my best to buy American. I can't always do it, but I try my best, and I also try to buy local. I don't get hand outs either, so I make sure my hard earned money goes local and american.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Detroit should be bull dozed. You don't plan on living there after you and your hubby retre do you?
Hell NO!! I will NEVER live in a city....ANY city.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I thinks the liberal unions made it impossible for average Americans to buy goods at a decent price so manufacturers had no choice but to make their product on foreign soil. I don't qualify for free stuff so I like cheap stuff instead. Thank you china, mexico, indonesia and all you other people from countries who need jobs also!
You're too narrow-minded in your thinking, Warrior. Yes, "liberal unions" played a role in some jobs moving out- not all. So did the visions of higher profits from cheap labor by Corporate America. So did Bill Clinton, who signed NAFTA. So did the Republicans in the House by providing 132 Yeas to counter 156 Democratic nays on the bill.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
Farmers Daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you saw as anti-American in that comment. Disagreeing with someone doesn't make one more or less American than another. I have seen far, far worse comments than that on Topix.

What was it that upset you so much about that comment, FD?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Farmers Daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what's wrong with our gov't and people. Each party blames the other, instead of working together to do what is right for everyone. The people we vote for tell us what we want to here to get elected, then they only really work for the people who give them the money to get elected, not the people who voted for them.
And since i'm the daughter of a American Farmer, I try my best to buy American. I can't always do it, but I try my best, and I also try to buy local. I don't get hand outs either, so I make sure my hard earned money goes local and american.
Both parties are so beholden to their respective party, they often cannot see the forest for the trees, so to speak. I took a good, hard look at my own party during the last election and didn't like much of what I was seeing. Talking points are repeated over and over so much that people start believing them as gospel.

Only when I looked at the bigger picture did I see ther evil that lurks within. I now have very little respect for either party, as they both have their own agendas. Most of what both parties fight for, and against, goes against our Constitution, and against the very concept of freedom and liberty as our founders envisioned.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
You're too narrow-minded in your thinking, Warrior. Yes, "liberal unions" played a role in some jobs moving out- not all. So did the visions of higher profits from cheap labor by Corporate America. So did Bill Clinton, who signed NAFTA. So did the Republicans in the House by providing 132 Yeas to counter 156 Democratic nays on the bill.
That's why I have a broad like you! So you can use your broad mind in your thinking to educate the masses!
Farmers Daughter

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you saw as anti-American in that comment. Disagreeing with someone doesn't make one more or less American than another. I have seen far, far worse comments than that on Topix.
What was it that upset you so much about that comment, FD?
It had nothing to do about disagreeing.When he thanked China and the other countries for taking our jobs. Happy that they had them. People here begging for jobs. American manufacturing dying out everyday. He is happy about it.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Farmers Daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
It had nothing to do about disagreeing.When he thanked China and the other countries for taking our jobs. Happy that they had them. People here begging for jobs. American manufacturing dying out everyday. He is happy about it.
I don't think he is happy about it. I think it was meant sarcastically.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>That's why I have a broad like you! So you can use your broad mind in your thinking to educate the masses!
I'm glad you recognize and admit that fact.:)
BTW, The other half just applied for a job in your state. Who knows, I may retire to New Mexico...part time.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

<quoted text>
I'm glad you recognize and admit that fact.:)
BTW, The other half just applied for a job in your state. Who knows, I may retire to New Mexico...part time.
You would love it here. What kind of job, of course without revealing everything......

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You would love it here. What kind of job, of course without revealing everything......
A very well-paying one.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,961 - 7,980 of9,712
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
guy at Wendy's 38 min guest 2
Pocahontas Auction 7 hr Guest 4
Hispanic Radio Station Coming To Town 8 hr Juan 10
Mark Bradly Arrested 10 hr Guest 3
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 14 hr Yes 27,899
5 rivers medical center Wed hmm 67
Poultry Processor Bringing 1,000 Jobs to Randol... Wed guest 19
•••
•••