More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. – Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.
Comments
7,861 - 7,880 of 9,792 Comments Last updated 18 hrs ago
Old Army

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Little Red River? Where are you Old Army?
You first, where are you?
Old Army

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text> I'm just outside of Paragould city limits.
I'm about 100 miles from Pargould. I have some troll enemies on Topix, so I don't think it would be wise to tell my real name and exact location. Besides, I wouldn't want their blood on my hands, lol.

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
You first, where are you?
I think I just found your location from another post. New Mexico, right? I knew it had to be out West. Do you have ties to Paragould or Ar?

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm about 100 miles from Pargould. I have some troll enemies on Topix, so I don't think it would be wise to tell my real name and exact location. Besides, I wouldn't want their blood on my hands, lol.
Lol I would say you do have some enemies. I might be one of those that often disagree...
Enjoy.
Old Army

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text> I think I just found your location from another post. New Mexico, right? I knew it had to be out West. Do you have ties to Paragould or Ar?
I've been to New Mexico, in fact I've been to all 50 states and several foreign countries and yes I live in one of them but New Mexico aint it. Go Hogs, WPS. No ties to Paragould, other than visiting on topix word games.
Old Army

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to New Mexico, in fact I've been to all 50 states and several foreign countries and yes I live in one of them but New Mexico aint it. Go Hogs, WPS. No ties to Paragould, other than visiting on topix word games.
Or maybe it was Corning, I've slept since then.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I shot a fox last week. There is an elusive bob cat in my back yard but it won't be long before he is hanging on my living room wall!
Looky what the cat dragged in.
Don't brag about acts of cruelty. It is not becoming of you.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not fit to eat? Well obviously they are, ppl been eatin em a long time. & besides the game part, it's great sport!
Ending the life of a beautiful creature in order to put food on the table should never be considered a "sport." While I fully understand and accept the whole food chain thing, to kill is not something anyone should find pleasurable.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Old Army wrote:
Duck meat has to be better than blackbirds, none of which died in Beebe on New Years Eve this year.
That is very good news! Now if only they would ban fireworks everywhere, this would be a more pleasant planet. How people get thrills over a loud "Bang" is beyond me. That's just stupid.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Old Army wrote:
There are several bald eagles that have made the Searcy, Arkansas sewer ponds their new home. Maybe Ben Franklin was right about making the wild turkey our national bird.
Maybe they all had it wrong. Maybe the National bird should have been the Red-winged Blackbird. After all, what other native bird is so abundant and found just about everywhere?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Looky what the cat dragged in.
Don't brag about acts of cruelty. It is not becoming of you.
I am not cruel. One shot, one kill. How is work and that Union thing working out?
Amy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

<quoted text>Ending the life of a beautiful creature in order to put food on the table should never be considered a "sport." While I fully understand and accept the whole food chain thing, to kill is not something anyone should find pleasurable.
Your opinion for whatever reason but with all due respect, I'm keep killing my deer, ducks, rabbits & squirrels & catching my fish & enjoy every harvest both as sport & supper.

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

<quoted text>
Ending the life of a beautiful creature in order to put food on the table should never be considered a "sport." While I fully understand and accept the whole food chain thing, to kill is not something anyone should find pleasurable.
Oh, go suck on a lemon.
God put animals on earth for food and if animals weren't killed or harvested they would be too many and they would starve plus over run people's area. Now I suppose you are going to say I should go to the supper market to get meat. Like I said. Go suck a lemon.
Amy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, go suck on a lemon.
God put animals on earth for food and if animals weren't killed or harvested they would be too many and they would starve plus over run people's area. Now I suppose you are going to say I should go to the supper market to get meat. Like I said. Go suck a lemon.
BAM!! There it is!!๐Ÿ˜„
crzzzd

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

youtube.com/watch... ………Getting off on a "Erotic Phone

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion for whatever reason but with all due respect, I'm keep killing my deer, ducks, rabbits & squirrels & catching my fish & enjoy every harvest both as sport & supper.
Paying taxes is a necessary part of life too. Doesn't mean we should find it enjoyable.

I love a venison or elk steak, or even rabbit (never tried the others) as much as you, but watching a beautiful creature so full of life one minute and the next, slumping over in pain and dying, is not something to be happy about.

Knowing we will eat that day may be cause for celebration, but the death of another living creature is sad.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, go suck on a lemon.
I know all about that over-population/starvation and predator/prey crap. I don't need a lecture from you on it.

And NO, I would NEVER tell you to get your meat from the supermarket. I am a firm believer in people hunting for their food if they are capable, willing and proficient. It's better for you, free from drugs and other chemicals and the animals in the wild have never been confined, abused or tortured the way they are on factory farms.

It appears you have a narrow view of the world. Yes, God put animals here for food. He also put them here for many other reasons. Companions, helpers, entertainers, etc... They do so much more for us than just feed us. Unlike you, I respect life.... ALL life. To kill may be necessary, but remember, it is a living being (not all that much different from you) that you are ending the life of.
Amy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

<quoted text>Paying taxes is a necessary part of life too. Doesn't mean we should find it enjoyable.

I love a venison or elk steak, or even rabbit (never tried the others) as much as you, but watching a beautiful creature so full of life one minute and the next, slumping over in pain and dying, is not something to be happy about.

Knowing we will eat that day may be cause for celebration, but the death of another living creature is sad.
No, really it's not. Animals don't have souls. They live then they die.
Proud Negro

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

<quoted text>
Maybe they all had it wrong. Maybe the National bird should have been the Red-winged Blackbird. After all, what other native bird is so abundant and found just about everywhere?
Thats what Im talkin about..one bird to represent the oppressed black man and the red man..I'm callin Jessie right now. Red-wing blackbird for our new national symbol.(Mexicans gotta get their own bird)

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, really it's not. Animals don't have souls. They live then they die.
And you know that how? Because someone said so? We live and die too. What does that make us?

Until we are dead, we cannot know or make statements like that as fact.

When my Grandma was on her death bed drifting in and out of consciousness, she mumbled something about seeing a dog in a tunnel. Within minutes, she was gone. Just a wild dream? I don't think so.

People who have died and come back said they saw animals and birds.

I am quite confident that I will reunited with my dogs one day. If there are dogs in Heaven, why not other animals? And if there aren't dogs in Heaven, then it won't be Heaven.

Worse case scenerio and animals don't have souls, that still doesn't give us a reason to kill them.... unless it's for food or self-defense. They have feelings and families just like we do. And God gave them life, just as HE gave us. I think HE prefers we take care of what HE created.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing Pocahontas woman found safe in Mississippi 3 hr Carol ODonnell 60
Hospital Tax 3 hr guest 40
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr guest 29,063
Public Elected Officials Information 9 hr randolph county news 34
bruce davis (Feb '10) 9 hr Hehastriedandfailed 8
Guy at the Legion 11 hr guest 5
Tim bagwell???? 19 hr Hmm 6
•••
•••