More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 393)

Showing posts 7,841 - 7,860 of9,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>funny how you keep defending yourself.... Must come from feeling guilty about your life.
I don't find it funny that I keep defending myself from vermin like you. Comes from being proud of the life I've lived.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Hey Raptor, why aren't you in South Texas counting the migrating birds? Been meaning to ask you about these little white birds that are swimming in the Little Red River behind my house. They look like geese but are smaller than ducks. May be Ross' geese, but I don't see any black color on their wing tips. Last winter there were two groups of about a dozen each, but only one group this year and they aren't diving as much, but the river is pretty low. Fun to watch.
Guess Who

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Old Army wrote:
Hey Raptor, why aren't you in South Texas counting the migrating birds? Been meaning to ask you about these little white birds that are swimming in the Little Red River behind my house. They look like geese but are smaller than ducks. May be Ross' geese, but I don't see any black color on their wing tips. Last winter there were two groups of about a dozen each, but only one group this year and they aren't diving as much, but the river is pretty low. Fun to watch.
I wonder are they good to eat. I dont get free food stamps so I gotta kill sumthin to eat whenever I can.
car nut

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be ashamed of yourself. Foxes are beautiful animals. To snuff the life out of one for no reason is inexcusable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Someone in siberia or some other cold a$$ place will get to stay warm from the beautiful fur of that fox and all the coyotes Ive trapped. If I had caught it in one of those cruel steel jaw leghold traps. I Probably would of released it. I dont mind a fox if its not near my poultry. fox dont kill sheep goats or cattle. It would have suffered a sore paw and been trap shy likely to never get caught in a trap again. but the mamby pambys lamented about the suffering of something spending a few hours caught in those steel jaw traps. So I bought a dozen large conibear traps. They squeeze the life out of anything that get,s caught.
Guess Who

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

car nut wrote:
<quoted text> Someone in siberia or some other cold a$$ place will get to stay warm from the beautiful fur of that fox and all the coyotes Ive trapped. If I had caught it in one of those cruel steel jaw leghold traps. I Probably would of released it. I dont mind a fox if its not near my poultry. fox dont kill sheep goats or cattle. It would have suffered a sore paw and been trap shy likely to never get caught in a trap again. but the mamby pambys lamented about the suffering of something spending a few hours caught in those steel jaw traps. So I bought a dozen large conibear traps. They squeeze the life out of anything that get,s caught.
Don't the mamby bambys make you sick? They are all up in our faces about everything. If we interfered in their lives like they have our they wouldn't stand for it.
Remember when the President was on a talk show and swatted a fly and they came out and said that fly deserved to live! They are stupid!!!
Duck Hunter

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Its duck season stupid.
Guess Who

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

I dont understand why someone would get up at a ungodly hour and freeze their cohonies off in a duck blins just to get a chance shoot something that isnt fit to eat. but ill fight for their right to do it.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be ashamed of yourself. Foxes are beautiful animals. To snuff the life out of one for no reason is inexcusable.
I shot a fox last week. There is an elusive bob cat in my back yard but it won't be long before he is hanging on my living room wall!
Amy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Guess Who wrote:
I dont understand why someone would get up at a ungodly hour and freeze their cohonies off in a duck blins just to get a chance shoot something that isnt fit to eat. but ill fight for their right to do it.
Not fit to eat? Well obviously they are, ppl been eatin em a long time. & besides the game part, it's great sport!
Guess Who

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not fit to eat? Well obviously they are, ppl been eatin em a long time. & besides the game part, it's great sport!
Yea ive ate them and its tough stringy meat rather bland or if its a goose taste grassy. We have some Muscovy ducks that live on the pond an creek but we never kill them. We would if we where starving. With a duck or goose you just pull the skin apart at the breast and just cut out the breast meat. you cube it up and cook it with whatever suits your taste. I would much rather eat a beaver ,squirrl ,rabbit, quail ,turkey ect.
Amy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>Yea ive ate them and its tough stringy meat rather bland or if its a goose taste grassy. We have some Muscovy ducks that live on the pond an creek but we never kill them. We would if we where starving. With a duck or goose you just pull the skin apart at the breast and just cut out the breast meat. you cube it up and cook it with whatever suits your taste. I would much rather eat a beaver ,squirrl ,rabbit, quail ,turkey ect.
I've been eating & cooking duck for years & mine don't taste bland. I don't cube it up either. I cook it in strips fried, baked or grilled or use it in dressing in replace of chicken or turkey.

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Dave Miller wrote:
You guys need to have them birds tested and don't leave it all to the government .
so
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been eating & cooking duck for years & mine don't taste bland. I don't cube it up either. I cook it in strips fried, baked or grilled or use it in dressing in replace of chicken or turkey.
To me duck is like carp. I see ducks landing in sewage treatment plants and the Rio Grande River along the southern border with Mexico. That place is a sewage pit in itself. Duck is nasty!
Old Army

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Duck meat has to be better than blackbirds, none of which died in Beebe on New Years Eve this year.
Amy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>To me duck is like carp. I see ducks landing in sewage treatment plants and the Rio Grande River along the southern border with Mexico. That place is a sewage pit in itself. Duck is nasty!
Eggs come out a chickens @$$ too but I don't eat em raw......Lol!
debyok

Maricopa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

I think it's the chem trails they do everyday by plane. Infact I cant remember the last time I sae a bee.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Eggs come out a chickens @$$ too but I don't eat em raw......Lol!
Good for you. Enjoy your sewage filled meat duck!
Guess Who

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>To me duck is like carp. I see ducks landing in sewage treatment plants and the Rio Grande River along the southern border with Mexico. That place is a sewage pit in itself. Duck is nasty!
We have some Muscovy Ducks also some geese. I see them puddling around in the cow poop and eating nanny goat berries. they like it because I feed grain to the stock and the manure has small amounts of undigested grain and thase like grain. Myself I consider them unfit to eat. Because I know what they have been eating. I also seen muscovy ducks catch and eat bumblebees!
Old Army

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

There are several bald eagles that have made the Searcy, Arkansas sewer ponds their new home. Maybe Ben Franklin was right about making the wild turkey our national bird.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,841 - 7,860 of9,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 min Answer Man 28,739
imperial theater 19 min outoftowner 1
slander 1 hr guest 4
gary johnson in a wreck????? 1 hr yep 8
snitches 6 hr theoneandonly 31
Kristy Davisand Kendal Davis 6 hr Kristy is good 4
Family Auto Group Pocahontas Arkansas Next To B... 6 hr Car salesman 13
•••
•••