More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,013

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#8288 Nov 22, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. The Arkansas High School Football playoffs resume Friday night with Walnut Ridge visiting Murfreesboro just as Mike the LSU Tiger is limping back to Baton Rouge with his tail between his legs. Go Hogs, WPS!
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#8289 Nov 22, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever think of seeking help? That might work.
Ive got lot,s to do, However I dont want a employee too much hassle. I just have to do what one movitated old geezer can accomplish. with my livestock & poultry, trapping ,scrap hauling, cutting firewood & other activities Ill just have to cut back on irritating folks on the internet.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#8291 Nov 22, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Ive got lot,s to do, However I dont want a employee too much hassle. I just have to do what one movitated old geezer can accomplish. with my livestock & poultry, trapping ,scrap hauling, cutting firewood & other activities Ill just have to cut back on irritating folks on the internet.
Now you know that isn't possible. The internet is addicting. You could cut back on the trapping. I'll do that for you for free! Where can we meet so you can give me the traps?

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

#8292 Nov 22, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Ive got lot,s to do, However I dont want a employee too much hassle. I just have to do what one motivated old geezer can accomplish. with my livestock & poultry, trapping ,scrap hauling, cutting firewood & other activities Ill just have to cut back on irritating folks on the internet.
So what your really saying is ... "I'm on some sort of welfare check but i do all these side jobs and pay no taxes".
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#8293 Nov 22, 2012
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>So what your really saying is ... "I'm on some sort of welfare check but i do all these side jobs and pay no taxes".
Im 66 ears old. I havent even bothered to sighn up on social security. They only let you make $14000 before penalizing you. I sometimes make that much in one month. This year I paid $16000 for a 690 john deer excavator (track hoe) with a thumb attachment just to handle scrap metal. Its also good for digging stumps ect on my farm,s. Im actually worth more than a half million. I carry more cash on me than many make in 6 months. Ive got cattle goats sheep. I own some mini storage and a equiptment sales lot. I likely paid more in real estate & personal property taxes than you earn in a year. And I dont owe a dime. As Dave Ramsey likes to hear folks shout Im Debt Free!!! But I do take measures to reduce my federal & state income tax burden. this year due to the drought & farm loss and dismal sales at my lot I wont be paying Income tax. I will have to pay social security & medi tax.
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

#8294 Nov 22, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Im 66 ears old. I havent even bothered to sighn up on social security. They only let you make $14000 before penalizing you. I sometimes make that much in one month. This year I paid $16000 for a 690 john deer excavator (track hoe) with a thumb attachment just to handle scrap metal. Its also good for digging stumps ect on my farm,s. Im actually worth more than a half million. I carry more cash on me than many make in 6 months. Ive got cattle goats sheep. I own some mini storage and a equiptment sales lot. I likely paid more in real estate & personal property taxes than you earn in a year. And I dont owe a dime. As Dave Ramsey likes to hear folks shout Im Debt Free!!! But I do take measures to reduce my federal & state income tax burden. this year due to the drought & farm loss and dismal sales at my lot I wont be paying Income tax. I will have to pay social security & medi tax.
Yer right....
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#8295 Nov 24, 2012
Walnut Ridge defeated Murfreesboro 58 to 26. No birds were killed in the game.
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#8296 Nov 24, 2012
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#8297 Nov 24, 2012
I ordered a dozen duke 330 magnum traps from lastpassoutdoors.com/ . They arrived today. Ive got them boiling to remove the preseravite and human scent. Ill place half of them under the rabbit hutches and the other in the chicken house tonite, I think they will do the job!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8298 Nov 26, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
I ordered a dozen duke 330 magnum traps from lastpassoutdoors.com/ . They arrived today. Ive got them boiling to remove the preseravite and human scent. Ill place half of them under the rabbit hutches and the other in the chicken house tonite, I think they will do the job!
Have you set the traps yet? I have spent the past couple of days slaying coyotes!
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#8299 Nov 27, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Have you set the traps yet? I have spent the past couple of days slaying coyotes!
yes and they are doing a fine job. Ive set them where there is evidence of varmits scooting under the fence. and at the entrance to animal dens. I caught a skunk in one boy does that smell. the coyotes Ive caught all when you examine them are hybrids they are part dog. The great thing about traps is the work when your sleeping at nite when the varmits are most active. And those conibar traps squeeze the life out of whatever they catch so now the Mamby Pamby,s cant lament about all the supposed suffering when a varmit is caught in a steel leg hold trap. saves me a 22 shell also. Of course raptors mythical puppy would be instantly dead. No chance of it being turned loose with just a sore paw. Many years ago I once had a do gooder notice my footprints in the snow and follow them locate my traps and take them. I followed their footprints to where they parked their vehicle. took pictures of their footprints & tire tracks and asked around if anyone had seen any vehicles parked there around that time. I got a tip about a certian type and color of truck. I finally located the truck and matched the tire prints and shoe prints. I seen their footprints in the snow where they went to check their mail. I went right up to the door and accused them and stated they needed to return my property( or else?) They wanted to know what the (or else ?) was I stated if the traps wherent tossed over inside my gate my the next day they would find out. My traps were there and 6 extra ones. I suppose they had stolen 6 of someone elses traps also.

SE Michigan

#8300 Nov 27, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> yes and they are doing a fine job. Ive set them where there is evidence of varmits scooting under the fence. and at the entrance to animal dens. I caught a skunk in one boy does that smell. the coyotes Ive caught all when you examine them are hybrids they are part dog. The great thing about traps is the work when your sleeping at nite when the varmits are most active. And those conibar traps squeeze the life out of whatever they catch so now the Mamby Pamby,s cant lament about all the supposed suffering when a varmit is caught in a steel leg hold trap. saves me a 22 shell also. Of course raptors mythical puppy would be instantly dead. No chance of it being turned loose with just a sore paw. Many years ago I once had a do gooder notice my footprints in the snow and follow them locate my traps and take them. I followed their footprints to where they parked their vehicle. took pictures of their footprints & tire tracks and asked around if anyone had seen any vehicles parked there around that time. I got a tip about a certian type and color of truck. I finally located the truck and matched the tire prints and shoe prints. I seen their footprints in the snow where they went to check their mail. I went right up to the door and accused them and stated they needed to return my property( or else?) They wanted to know what the (or else ?) was I stated if the traps wherent tossed over inside my gate my the next day they would find out. My traps were there and 6 extra ones. I suppose they had stolen 6 of someone elses traps also.
What was the "or else""
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8301 Nov 27, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> yes and they are doing a fine job. Ive set them where there is evidence of varmits scooting under the fence. and at the entrance to animal dens. I caught a skunk in one boy does that smell. the coyotes Ive caught all when you examine them are hybrids they are part dog. The great thing about traps is the work when your sleeping at nite when the varmits are most active. And those conibar traps squeeze the life out of whatever they catch so now the Mamby Pamby,s cant lament about all the supposed suffering when a varmit is caught in a steel leg hold trap. saves me a 22 shell also. Of course raptors mythical puppy would be instantly dead. No chance of it being turned loose with just a sore paw. Many years ago I once had a do gooder notice my footprints in the snow and follow them locate my traps and take them. I followed their footprints to where they parked their vehicle. took pictures of their footprints & tire tracks and asked around if anyone had seen any vehicles parked there around that time. I got a tip about a certian type and color of truck. I finally located the truck and matched the tire prints and shoe prints. I seen their footprints in the snow where they went to check their mail. I went right up to the door and accused them and stated they needed to return my property( or else?) They wanted to know what the (or else ?) was I stated if the traps wherent tossed over inside my gate my the next day they would find out. My traps were there and 6 extra ones. I suppose they had stolen 6 of someone elses traps also.
Were any birds harmed in your traps? HA! HA!

SE Michigan

#8302 Nov 27, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Were any birds harmed in your traps? HA! HA!
Would he care?
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#8304 Nov 28, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the "or else""
The (or else) was whatever they imagined it to be. In fact the (or else) was thay would have to live with it and I would live without my property.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#8306 Nov 28, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I would have beat them but hey that's just me!
Yea and you would have been arrested fined and wish a thousand times you had tried a different solution. I was wearing a hat that had a caption. It read I dont get mad. I get even. Ive found that if folks think your crazy ,nuts a little off their more afraid of you than if you have a gun. In the army the officers where scared shitless of me. the police around here are afraid of me. If one has to come they always bring backup. I got my property back and those folks wherent ever going to bother me again. They did call the police because I came and accused them. They wantd to charge me with terrorist threthining. The prosecueter called me and when I told him about the or else and I could prove the theft he just laughed. Him and I went to school together.
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#8309 Nov 30, 2012
Junction City hosts Walnut Ridge tonight in the Arkansas Class 2A football semifinals.
Yes

United States

#8310 Dec 1, 2012
Didn't this happen a long time ago
Rocky

Jacksonville, AR

#8311 Dec 1, 2012
i have no clue
jacob

United States

#8312 Dec 2, 2012
Move on!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republican Bash 52 min never included 4
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr WARRIOR 29,853
Who Vicky Powers really is 2 hr Lindsey 1
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) 4 hr guest 1,775
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 4 hr guest 849
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 4 hr guest 239
AR Who do you support for Auditor in Arkansas in 2... (Oct '10) 4 hr guest 255
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE