More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,144

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8160 Nov 17, 2012
Billy Bob wrote:
Our so called "FREEDOM'S" went out the window when GW Bush signed the patriot act then Obama re-signed it.
Wha freedom have you lost?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8161 Nov 17, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
Coyote Killing Contest Sparks Outrage in New Mexico
ABC- A gun store-sponsored competition in which hunters shoot and kill as many coyotes as they can has sparked outrage among activists in New Mexico who have called it a "heinous killing contest." Animal Protection of New Mexico posted a petition on its website, rallying against the contest, which is sponsored by Gunhawk Firearms of Los Lunas. Hey Warror this I right up your alley! If i was there I would be right in the mix.
We took 4 coyotes this morning. This is the second venture at this coyote contest. The first guy caved to pressure from the liberals but this guy you mentioned is tougher and held tight. I am sponsoring a local contest next month in the Lincoln, National Forest. We can't kill enough of these coyotes. They are worse here than those damn ferral hogs!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8162 Nov 17, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither. I would be protecting the coyotes.
What are you going to do have them sleep with you! LOL!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8163 Nov 17, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>One of the neighbors raises Airdales. he trains then to run down and kill coyotes. He has a waiting list of folks (including me)willing to pay high dollar for his special talented dogs. you see his children riding the four wheeler around the field dragging a coyote carcass with a dozen barking pups chasing after. Its a pretty sight!
We used to do that with Greyhounds when I was growing up. We had a big 3 legged female, stood over six feet tall on her hind legs, she couldn't run as fast as the other dogs but once they caught a coyote she always came in and finished it off. Quite a sight. Those damn greyhounds can flat run!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#8164 Nov 17, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>He is definitely a nut. Take a look at his record. He didn't mind voting his district tons of money for useless garbage yet railed against others when they did the same. A nut and a hypocrite!
Again, you never listened to the man. The money he got back to his district was money that was STOLEN from the people in his district in the form of involuntary taxes. The best he could do was to get it back for them in that way. God, Dude, if you want to know what he did and why, Google it. It's easy to find.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8165 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text>
That reminds me of the horrific, and barbaric killing of wolves by ignorant ranchers earlier in the last century. To kill humanely is one thing. To inflict the greatest amount of suffering and pain on an animal as you can just because it exists is another! Whatever respect I had for you flies out the window with statements like that. That is just sick and disgusting! You should be ashamed. My only solice is God is watching. He knows how we treat the wildlife he created.
I guess you wouldn't like the bear hunting some old boys I know do every year. You see they go to the livestock sale and purchase a shetlon pony for $50 or so, then they trailer it out to the brush and shoot and gut it. They leave that thing rotting there for a few days as bait, then they shoot the bear when he comes to eat it. To each their own I guess!

SE Michigan

#8166 Nov 17, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry you have been living under a rock and never heard of that expression before. Maybe that's why you speak so highly of that nut Paul. I do see why you didn't vote for him though. LMAO!
I've heard the expression "We live in a democracy" too. And I correct that at every opportunity as well.

SE Michigan

#8167 Nov 17, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Wha freedom have you lost?
Bad memory?

SE Michigan

#8168 Nov 17, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sponsoring a local contest next month in the Lincoln, National Forest. We can't kill enough of these coyotes. They are worse here than those damn ferral hogs!
What are you going to do have them sleep with you! LOL!
No, I don't sleep with coyotes, though they are dogs.
Thank you for telling me where and when the slaughter will take place.

SE Michigan

#8169 Nov 17, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you wouldn't like the bear hunting some old boys I know do every year. You see they go to the livestock sale and purchase a shetlon pony for $50 or so, then they trailer it out to the brush and shoot and gut it. They leave that thing rotting there for a few days as bait, then they shoot the bear when he comes to eat it. To each their own I guess!
Where did they learn to do that, Kindergarten? Aren't they man enough to just go hunt the bear like a real man? What are they afraid of?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8170 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Again, you never listened to the man. The money he got back to his district was money that was STOLEN from the people in his district in the form of involuntary taxes. The best he could do was to get it back for them in that way. God, Dude, if you want to know what he did and why, Google it. It's easy to find.
So I guess all politicians are good when they get money back to their constituents to study the farting habits of the box turtle! I do understand why you didn't vote for him. I would never vote for him either.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8171 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text>
No, I don't sleep with coyotes, though they are dogs.
Thank you for telling me where and when the slaughter will take place.
Come on down.$500 for 1st place, a rifle for 2nd and Binoculars for 3rd. Bring clothes, I will provide you with a rifle if you don't have one.

SE Michigan

#8172 Nov 17, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Come on down.$500 for 1st place, a rifle for 2nd and Binoculars for 3rd. Bring clothes, I will provide you with a rifle if you don't have one.
Give me the time and place and maybe I will. Will you provide the binoculars instead? I'm really interested in seeing some Rosy Finches rather than a bunch of fat ranchers. I hear NM is a great spot for them in winter. I've been wanting to see them for a LONG TIME! They'd look really good on my website.

SE Michigan

#8173 Nov 17, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>So I guess all politicians are good when they get money back to their constituents to study the farting habits of the box turtle! I do understand why you didn't vote for him. I would never vote for him either.
They shouldn't be taking that money in the first place. Paul has always voted against it, but he's over-ruled by the majority of the thieves in Congress... from both sides of the aisle.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8174 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Where did they learn to do that, Kindergarten? Aren't they man enough to just go hunt the bear like a real man? What are they afraid of?
You know I am not much for baiting animals myself. I was invited hunting once in Johnson City, Texas where I was put in a tree blind in front of an automatic corn feeder. About 30 minutes after sun up that feeder went off and here comes a deer. I killed 4 deer in less than two hours at that feeder. It wasn't much of a challenge, it was like shooting deer in a zoo. It was meat in the freezer and I haven't done that type of hunting since. You go with what you know and like I said earlier to each their own!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8175 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Give me the time and place and maybe I will. Will you provide the binoculars instead? I'm really interested in seeing some Rosy Finches rather than a bunch of fat ranchers. I hear NM is a great spot for them in winter. I've been wanting to see them for a LONG TIME! They'd look really good on my website.
I have got Redfield, Steiner, Nikon and Fujinon Binoculars you can take your pick!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8176 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text>
They shouldn't be taking that money in the first place. Paul has always voted against it, but he's over-ruled by the majority of the thieves in Congress... from both sides of the aisle.
Look at Pauls voting record when his constituents are involved. Follow the money trail and get back to me!
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#8177 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text>
No matter how you try and justify it. Two wrongs never make a right. My grandmaw taugh me that when I was little.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8178 Nov 17, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> No matter how you try and justify it. Two wrongs never make a right. My grandmaw taugh me that when I was little.
Notice she said "Involunmtary" taxes. Like there is such a thing as paying voluntary tax! LOL!
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

#8179 Nov 17, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Wha freedom have you lost?
How about the freedom to make a phone call with out wondering if anyone is listening....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 min BARNEYII 30,268
Deer Hunting an the law 15 min Lawyer 89
who was in the wreck in poky yesterday 1 hr pissed off 1
Duck Hunting 1 hr Union Man 12
What will you be cooking for Thanksgiving 2 hr Info 1
lost dog 2 hr Blake 2
pocahontas preachers 14 hr deeznuts 3
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match

Pocahontas People Search