More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,036

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#8098 Nov 15, 2012
k-know wrote:
I have an opinion that these companies drilling into the earth and taking resources and replacing them with silica sand and poisonous chemical gases trying o come up with a way to replace something that im sure our ecosystem has become nuetral with and then adapted and then changes and ignorant superiors or whom ever is turning there heads because of greedy habits. Im just saying that maybe the all seeing eye maybe has been blinded just dont be blind to greed or the fact that the freaking world around us will tell all in time whats going on imean listen understand theres only 1 one chance to live 1world to live it in but space is another reason space stations all need resources and in metaphorical terms is like a huge misquito sucking the life out of this earth. Earth is like a body and the oils and gases and water are its fluids kinda like our blood in our bodies all living things act as a renewer or cycles and renews when people take and put man made trash and chemical gases and in abundance .the parasites are the people who enable this BS to be possibly happening.
I'll bet you have never given blood have you?
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#8099 Nov 15, 2012
Guest wrote:
What in the hell does all this have to do with dead blackbirds? What happened to that subject? This thread has gotten so far out there it's ridiculous. So back on subject at hand, did they ever find an actual legit reason for the dead fish and birds?
Not to worry. After Black Friday but before Christmas, KATV Channel 7 in Little Rock will start to create a big news story about the Beebe Blackbird Massacre Part III. KTHV and KARK will follow suit. Not sure about the Jonesboro station.

United States

#8100 Nov 15, 2012
Racist comment about "black Friday"....

Jonesboro, AR

#8101 Nov 15, 2012
Guest wrote:
Racist comment about "black Friday"....
Don't get the racism thing started on here again. It's Black Friday plain and simple. This thread has gotten so out of hand it's ridiculous. I only asked if they ever found out what actually happened to the birds. I got tired of reading all the bill crap on here but didn't know what actually happened. I knew fireworks was the craziest thing I've ever heard.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#8102 Nov 15, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> Don't get the racism thing started on here again. It's Black Friday plain and simple. This thread has gotten so out of hand it's ridiculous. I only asked if they ever found out what actually happened to the birds. I got tired of reading all the bill crap on here but didn't know what actually happened. I knew fireworks was the craziest thing I've ever heard.
What "Bill crap" are you talking about?
It WAS fireworks that did it, Dude. If you knew blackbird behavior, you would understand how it could happen. It's not crazy at all.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8103 Nov 15, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain exactly WHAT his foreign policy would be, why it would be what it is, and what makes it dangerous?
Before answering think of this:
What the Constitution says this governments' limits of power are.
How you personally would feel about...say...China....if they bombed this country and killed people here in an effort to change our government- for the better- in their opinion.
Current anti-American sentiment around the world.
When this anti-American sentiment started.
It doesn't matter now. He can no longer harm this country. Thank God. Benedict Arnold was a fine soldier at one time also!

SE Michigan

#8104 Nov 15, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter now. He can no longer harm this country. Thank God. Benedict Arnold was a fine soldier at one time also!
When you spout CRAP like that, it tells me and everyone else here, that you have ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE of Ron Paul's record in Congress, the message he tried to convey, OR the founding of this country. In fact, it really makes you look FOOLISH when you state how "dangerous" he would have been and laugh that he is gone. HOW PATHETIC THAT YOU WOULD TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT A MAN YOU DON'T KNOW AND AREN'T EVEN WILLING TO RESEARCH. He was the last hope this country had- probably for a long time to come.
Damn, the ignorance of some people!!
Billy Bob

Euless, TX

#8105 Nov 15, 2012
Q= What do you do when you see a Republican running around your front yard with half a head?
A= Stop laughing and reload.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#8106 Nov 15, 2012
Arkansas High School football playoffs resume tomorrow night. Class 2A Strong visits Walnut Ridge in a game that is of special interest to Topix regulars.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8107 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
When you spout CRAP like that, it tells me and everyone else here, that you have ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE of Ron Paul's record in Congress, the message he tried to convey, OR the founding of this country. In fact, it really makes you look FOOLISH when you state how "dangerous" he would have been and laugh that he is gone. HOW PATHETIC THAT YOU WOULD TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT A MAN YOU DON'T KNOW AND AREN'T EVEN WILLING TO RESEARCH. He was the last hope this country had- probably for a long time to come.
Damn, the ignorance of some people!!
"everyone else" LOL! Who is everyone else? Ron Paul was a nut job, I knew that when he said the Bush family was gleeful on the day 9/11 happened. What an insensitve stupid whacked out thing to say. Then when I heard him on TV talking about how all of our enemies like Iran should have nuclear weapons I knew he was not only dangerous to America and the World but he was a mental case also. I am so glad the Fruit Cake is finally gone. Good riddance!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8108 Nov 15, 2012
Billy Bob wrote:
Q= What do you do when you see a Republican running around your front yard with half a head?
A= Stop laughing and reload.
What do you do when you see billy bob running around your front yard with no head? Nothing because you know he has it up his ass as usual!

SE Michigan

#8109 Nov 15, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>What do you do when you see billy bob running around your front yard with no head? Nothing because you know he has it up his ass as usual!
That's funny!

SE Michigan

#8110 Nov 15, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>"everyone else" LOL! Who is everyone else? Ron Paul was a nut job, I knew that when he said the Bush family was gleeful on the day 9/11 happened. What an insensitve stupid whacked out thing to say. Then when I heard him on TV talking about how all of our enemies like Iran should have nuclear weapons I knew he was not only dangerous to America and the World but he was a mental case also. I am so glad the Fruit Cake is finally gone. Good riddance!
"I heard him on TV talking about how all of our enemies like Iran should have nuclear weapons"
Do you have ANY CLUE of the context on which he made that statement? Did you listen to his reasoning WHY he would say that, or was Bill O'Reilly so busy interrupting him and over-powering him so disrespectfully, that he wasn't given a chance to clarify what he meant??

How would WE have reacted if when we were building OUR nuclear weapons, some other country told us we couldn't and threatened us with military force to make sure we didn't?
Who made the United States boss of the world?

IF they do build one, why would they even want to use it on us? We are a peaceful country, are we not?
Or is there something we did to them that pissed them off?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8111 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
"I heard him on TV talking about how all of our enemies like Iran should have nuclear weapons"
Do you have ANY CLUE of the context on which he made that statement? Did you listen to his reasoning WHY he would say that, or was Bill O'Reilly so busy interrupting him and over-powering him so disrespectfully, that he wasn't given a chance to clarify what he meant??
How would WE have reacted if when we were building OUR nuclear weapons, some other country told us we couldn't and threatened us with military force to make sure we didn't?
Who made the United States boss of the world?
IF they do build one, why would they even want to use it on us? We are a peaceful country, are we not?
Or is there something we did to them that pissed them off?
I saw the mental case several times say that everybody should have nuclear weapons. We have never called for the complete annialation of another race of people idiot! Iran has, Iran would drop nuclear bombs on Isreal and us if they could. Iran is already killing our troops in Afghanistan. Are you that blind and ignorant to world events? Really? Iran has floded the United States with counterfeit currency in an attempt to devalue our dollar, they continue to hack into our most sensitve intelligence computers. Wether you like it or not GOD put us on this planet to spread peace and democracy. The United States has done more good for humanity and the world than any other country and that's a fact. I know you LIBS hate this country, well you can always get the hell out!

SE Michigan

#8112 Nov 15, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I saw the mental case several times say that everybody should have nuclear weapons. We have never called for the complete annialation of another race of people idiot! Iran has, Iran would drop nuclear bombs on Isreal and us if they could. Iran is already killing our troops in Afghanistan. Are you that blind and ignorant to world events? Really? Iran has floded the United States with counterfeit currency in an attempt to devalue our dollar, they continue to hack into our most sensitve intelligence computers. Wether you like it or not GOD put us on this planet to spread peace and democracy. The United States has done more good for humanity and the world than any other country and that's a fact. I know you LIBS hate this country, well you can always get the hell out!
Shows how much you know. Iranian leaders are NOT suicidal. They like power and want to remain in power. They will not send a nuclear bomb our way because they know what the result would be. Even O'Reilly (the expert that he is) didn't say Iran would bomb us!

Paul's plan for peace has been proven:
&fe ature=related

SE Michigan

#8113 Nov 15, 2012
Even the libs were intellectually honest enough to see what was happening. Shame on the media. Traitors!
&fe ature=related
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8114 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Shows how much you know. Iranian leaders are NOT suicidal. They like power and want to remain in power. They will not send a nuclear bomb our way because they know what the result would be. Even O'Reilly (the expert that he is) didn't say Iran would bomb us!
Paul's plan for peace has been proven:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sTB0GF5zk6kXX&feature=rel ated
There is a reason Paul never amounted to anything. It's because he is a goofus! Only a handfull of nuts would ever back the fruit cake! Now you are an expert on Iran. You don't think Iran wants all the Jews dead! You live in a fantasy world! You must watch this Bill guy a lot you sure do admire him seeing how you quote him all the time!

SE Michigan

#8115 Nov 15, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>There is a reason Paul never amounted to anything.
Wake UP, Blondie! Quit being so damn dense. THIS IS the reason he never amounted to anything. The MEDIA would not ALLOW him to. This is just three minutes of sound bites. I could provide HOURS of proof!!! Like I said, If something is repeated often enough, people will start to believe it. You cannot see what the media did to him, because you are one of the puppets that do as you're told and don't question anything. The media is controlled by corporations AND by the government. Ron Paul was a THREAT to BOTH!! A HUGE THREAT!!!
&fe ature=related

Now back to the status quo as usual and on toward our downward spiral- like good little sheeple. One day you may see what he was saying is the truth- IF you take the time to listen to his words and look at history.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8116 Nov 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Wake UP, Blondie! Quit being so damn dense. THIS IS the reason he never amounted to anything. The MEDIA would not ALLOW him to. This is just three minutes of sound bites. I could provide HOURS of proof!!! Like I said, If something is repeated often enough, people will start to believe it. You cannot see what the media did to him, because you are one of the puppets that do as you're told and don't question anything. The media is controlled by corporations AND by the government. Ron Paul was a THREAT to BOTH!! A HUGE THREAT!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fbtxx7vrRXsXX&feature=rel ated
Now back to the status quo as usual and on toward our downward spiral- like good little sheeple. One day you may see what he was saying is the truth- IF you take the time to listen to his words and look at history.
I heard the idiot. He was dangerous to America. Decades ago I did a tour of duty in Texas, he was even a nut job back then. It's a great thing he is gone. I know you drank the kool-aide and became a cult following zombie but it is best it end this way for you. You can now find a true Liberal that you can adore!

SE Michigan

#8117 Nov 16, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I heard the idiot. He was dangerous to America. Decades ago I did a tour of duty in Texas, he was even a nut job back then. It's a great thing he is gone. I know you drank the kool-aide and became a cult following zombie but it is best it end this way for you. You can now find a true Liberal that you can adore!
Apparently the residents of Texas disagree with YOU. But then who wouldn't? You always do your best to be contrary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man at Wendy's 20 min Curious 1
Mayor race 1 hr voter 62
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Duck lover 29,869
mc donalds 8 hr wenierwacker 1
Who Vicky Powers really is 8 hr mad veteran 19
who repairs car air conditioners? (Jun '10) 8 hr Peter Simmons 5
where the peco plant is going (Nov '13) 8 hr Guest 34
•••
Pocahontas Dating

more search filters