Possible fall festival
SGA

United States

#1 Aug 30, 2013
Hello,

The Student Government Association at Black River Technical college wanted to plan a fall festival at the fairgrounds for the community. At the moment, we are in the planning stages and have a date for the festival sometime in October.

What we would to hear from the community is your opinions, and ideas. All suggestions are welcome!
Just me

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Aug 30, 2013
SGA wrote:
Hello,
The Student Government Association at Black River Technical college wanted to plan a fall festival at the fairgrounds for the community. At the moment, we are in the planning stages and have a date for the festival sometime in October.
What we would to hear from the community is your opinions, and ideas. All suggestions are welcome!
Contact the Southern Delta Church of Wicca in Lake City, make it a Pagan Pride Festival.
Pageant

United States

#3 Aug 30, 2013
Maybe plan a pageant

“Dont drink the kool-aid”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 30, 2013
Please no more prosti-tot pagents . Let your kids be kids and stop living through them.

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Aug 30, 2013
I think it could be fun and would be something for the community to do, esp if you do not charge much, but Old Davidsonville also has their event in October, so you would not want to have yours the same weekend. Also the Rock and Roll Festival is in October too, I believe.
I think incorporating a hay ride would be great.
Pageant

United States

#6 Aug 31, 2013
K so we shouldn't let kids play any sports then either... You have no clue about pageants except the bad example you see on tv. Most girls really love doing them just like a sport. Keep your mouth shut until you know for sure what you're talking about!
pokey girl

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Sep 1, 2013
Pageant wrote:
Maybe plan a pageant
We do not need any more pageants, they have been done to death. The Pagan pride festival idea would be awesome though.
Pageant

United States

#8 Sep 1, 2013
pokey girl wrote:
<quoted text> We do not need any more pageants, they have been done to death. The Pagan pride festival idea would be awesome though.
Don't want a pageant then don't come to it!
pokey girl

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Sep 3, 2013
Pageant wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't want a pageant then don't come to it!
Nobody wants a freakin pageant, we are sick to death of watching the kids make fools of themselves.
Jen

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Sep 3, 2013
I would check around with some of the other towns also I know Trumann had one that is called duck festival and its nice, they have lots of vendors from all over northeast ark they might give you some ideas.. I think it sounds great
imo

Mountain Home, AR

#11 Sep 3, 2013
lot of work setting it up and probably little attendance and vendors. good luck.

best to combine it with the 67 rock and roll weekend.

maybe one nite circus that with mini rides for the little kids at the fairgrounds and do a food booth or 2 at the rock and roll weekend events.
also might plan around high school and stAte football games.

been there done that on a local duck festival.
didn't succeed, takes a lot of money and ton of work to do it right, and little attendance and income.
Pageant

United States

#12 Sep 3, 2013
pokey girl wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody wants a freakin pageant, we are sick to death of watching the kids make fools of themselves.
No one makes you watch!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 52 min Now_What- 33,842
Apartments for rent 10 hr Sep 1
anyone know any rachels? Sun Wack em 4
Noles baby Sun Bluegirl 2
Chris Tribble Sat Poster 1
City Police Sat Card Shark 3
Tattoos Sat Bully boy 4

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance