willyou work at a new poultry plant f...

willyou work at a new poultry plant for $7.50-$8.00 an hour?

Created by a great job on Jul 10, 2013

152 votes

Click on an option to vote

No I sit on my A$$ and collect welfare

No, I don't want a to get a bad back

No, I don't want to work with illegals

No, I don't want to get carpal tunnel

No,I don't want to get histoplasmosis

Yes,I am a moron

Yes , I lke killing animals& love blood

Yes, I want to help pollute the ground water

Yes, Because I am a Mennonite

Yes ,because I like being a slave to abig corporat

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
proven

Mountain Home, AR

#1 Jul 10, 2013
idiot pollster.

has problem with hard work and Mennonites.

wouldn't last a week at poc alum or pinnacle or like their wages.

last I heard, hiring illegals is against the law.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kyra

Rogers, AR

#2 Jul 10, 2013
proven wrote:
idiot pollster.
has problem with hard work and Mennonites.
wouldn't last a week at poc alum or pinnacle or like their wages.
last I heard, hiring illegals is against the law.
Interesting observation......a rash of complaints over the Water park....all complaining that we need more Jobs,Now with a possibility of Jobs we have a rash of Unreasonable complaints about Jobs.Funny thing is just like the Water park 90% of the complainants show a IP From HSB...Hsb the Trash town of Ar is a Long way from Pocahontas.What gives.When did a Cow Town that covers only 12 miles Exude such power over a real City???
Just asking!!.By the way Good Wages & Benefits could be Had and their Not 7.50 as the Morons sugessted.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Agree

Mountain Home, AR

#3 Jul 10, 2013
Kyra wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting observation......a rash of complaints over the Water park....all complaining that we need more Jobs,Now with a possibility of Jobs we have a rash of Unreasonable complaints about Jobs.Funny thing is just like the Water park 90% of the complainants show a IP From HSB...Hsb the Trash town of Ar is a Long way from Pocahontas.What gives.When did a Cow Town that covers only 12 miles Exude such power over a real City???
Just asking!!.By the way Good Wages & Benefits could be Had and their Not 7.50 as the Morons sugessted.
Excellent post! Welcome to topix... A place for people to complain about any and everything!
pitiful

Little Rock, AR

#4 Jul 11, 2013
dang 7.50 an hr to clean up chicken sh*t. guess a baltz is goin be running and owning it since they pay is that great.
Stevie

Mountain Home, AR

#5 Jul 11, 2013
I cannot believe how some of you are against bringing jobs into our community. I have two friends that work for peco in Batesville and one of them makes 15 an hour and the other 13 and neither of them are in management. So don't believe this minimum wage bull crap. Hell, it is probably ole Larry Don and some of the pinnacle management on here attacking this new plant because they are afraid that they will steal all their workers or they will have to raise their pay!!!
pitiful

Little Rock, AR

#6 Jul 11, 2013
larry don, pinnacle, and trinity behavioral should honestly be ashamed of themselves. they could pay their employees alot better then what they do but choose not to cause it's more money in their pocket.
your wife works for tyson

Mountain Home, AR

#7 Jul 12, 2013
Kyra wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting observation......a rash of complaints over the Water park....all complaining that we need more Jobs,Now with a possibility of Jobs we have a rash of Unreasonable complaints about Jobs.Funny thing is just like the Water park 90% of the complainants show a IP From HSB...Hsb the Trash town of Ar is a Long way from Pocahontas.What gives.When did a Cow Town that covers only 12 miles Exude such power over a real City???
OK CHM,
what you don't like is the truth. Since you like to talk about trash ,just remember that most people think that is exactly what you are.
Here is some truth about how chicken plants keep wages low with illegal aliens.
In 2001, Tyson was charged with conspiracy to smuggle undocumented workers to work on its production lines. Tyson plant managers arranged for delivery of illegal workers with undercover immigration officials. Prosecutors alleged that the conspiracy to import workers dates back to 1994 when plant managers began to find it difficult to fill positions with "cheap legal help". Of the six managers who were indicted, two accepted plea bargain deals, and one committed suicide one month after being charged. In March 2003, a federal jury acquitted Tyson of having knowingly hired illegal immigrants.

In May 2006, Tyson suspended operations at nine plants during a nationwide day of immigration demonstrations citing expected lack of workers.

In October 2006, a federal judge granted class-action status to a lawsuit brought by Tyson employees who allege that Tyson's practice of hiring illegal immigrants depresses wages 10–30%. The suit further contends that the company violated federal racketeering laws by conspiring with National Council of La Raza and League of United Latin American Countries not to question the employment applications of anyone with a Hispanic surname.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Come on

United States

#8 Jul 12, 2013
Come on Larry don. Give it up. Stop trying to attack this plant just so you can continue to pay your workers minimum wage! Nothing at all in your post pertains to peco. The plant in batesville has been wonderful for that area. They are an excellent employer with wages starting at 10.00 an hour and going up from there plus good benefits.
your wife works for tyson wrote:
<quoted text> OK CHM,
what you don't like is the truth. Since you like to talk about trash ,just remember that most people think that is exactly what you are.
In 2001, Tyson was charged with conspiracy to smuggle undocumented workers to work on its production lines. Tyson plant managers arranged for delivery of illegal workers with undercover immigration officials. Prosecutors alleged that the conspiracy to import workers dates back to 1994 when plant managers began to find it difficult to fill positions with "cheap legal help". Of the six managers who were indicted, two accepted plea bargain deals, and one committed suicide one month after being charged. In March 2003, a federal jury acquitted Tyson of having knowingly hired illegal immigrants.
In May 2006, Tyson suspended operations at nine plants during a nationwide day of immigration demonstrations citing expected lack of workers.
In October 2006, a federal judge granted class-action status to a lawsuit brought by Tyson employees who allege that Tyson's practice of hiring illegal immigrants depresses wages 10–30%. The suit further contends that the company violated federal racketeering laws by conspiring with National Council of La Raza and League of United Latin American Countries not to question the employment applications of anyone with a Hispanic surname.
yeh buddy

Mountain Home, AR

#9 Jul 12, 2013
Come on wrote:
Come on Larry don. Give it up. Stop trying to attack this plant just so you can continue to pay your workers minimum wage! Nothing at all in your post pertains to peco. The plant in batesville has been wonderful for that area. They are an excellent employer with wages starting at 10.00 an hour and going up from there plus good benefits.
<quoted text>
show us that the starting wage is $10 an hour.
If it really is than that is great for Batesville, but no poultry plant /complex is coming here because the Baltz boys, pinnacle and Poky alum will stop it. You can bet that Frank ( Balls of Steel ) Biggers will oppose it.
isn't Pinnacle renting the huge warehouse for nearly nothing so as to prevent any new employer from using it.
This towns leaders really want it to remain a low wage haven for themselves and can not see that better wages will in the long run increase business,taxes and property values which would be a win win for all involved.
Kyra

Rogers, AR

#10 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text> OK CHM,
Hahahah so now i work for tyson..Duh.Comprehension a problem in your Family>>>??? and just who is CHM!
your wife works for tyson

Mountain Home, AR

#11 Jul 12, 2013
Kyra wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahah so now i work for tyson..Duh.Comprehension a problem in your Family>>>??? and just who is CHM!
CHM, you don't work. You just waste your life as an idiot internet troll. If your wife didn't work you would starve to death.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Sam I Am Ihas AIDS??”

Since: Jul 13

#12 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text> CHM, you don't work. You just waste your life as an idiot internet troll. If your wife didn't work you would starve to death.
Who is CHM?????
td hansom

Charlotte, NC

#13 Jul 13, 2013
I love when I pass a pile of horse apples with the flies pestering each other and not getting what they want...Pokie peeps ur that pile eventually time will make the pile (Pokie) disappear and the flies leave or die....
you would love him

Bexar, AR

#14 Jul 14, 2013
KiKi Von Dom wrote:
<quotyed text>Who is CHM?????
He is a left wing, Super troll shit slinger who lives in Springdale and doesn't work.Got himself banned twice on topix already. He was a guy who said he wanted to contribute $$ to the black panthers bounty on Zimmerman. He is as far left and anti American as you can get.
so peco is a great

Calico Rock, AR

#15 Jul 14, 2013
Stevie wrote:
I cannot believe how some of you are against bringing jobs into our community. I have two friends that work for peco in Batesville and one of them makes 15 an hour and the other 13 and neither of them are in management. So don't believe this minimum wage bull crap. Hell, it is probably ole Larry Don and some of the pinnacle management on here attacking this new plant because they are afraid that they will steal all their workers or they will have to raise their pay!!!
Now pending before the Court in the Southern District of Mississippi are four separate cases against Peco. Each case is brought by plaintiffs from a particular Peco plant for unpaid wages in violation of the FLSA. These cases include Luckett v. Peco Foods, Inc., 3:07cv85 (Canton plant), Pace v. Peco Foods, Inc., 3:07cv86 (Sebastopol plant), White, et al. v. Peco Foods, Inc., 4:07cv18 (Bay Springs plant), and Brown, et al. v. Peco Foods, Inc., 4:07cv99 (Brooksville plant). Each complaint makes identical allegations that Peco uniformly denies hourly wages and overtime premium pay to its employees in requiring them to perform off-the-clock work.
so peco is a great

Calico Rock, AR

#16 Jul 14, 2013
<quoted text> OK CHM,
So Peco doesn't hire illegals, think again
They are just like tyson except they aren't as big.

Canton, Miss., has been awfully quiet in the past few weeks, thanks largely to the Social Security Administration, according to Sheriff Toby Trowbridge.
"It's been a ghost town down at the trailer park," the Madison County sheriff said last week.
The Social Security Administration notified Peco Foods Inc. that the Social Security numbers of at least 200 employees were not valid, and the company let the workers go earlier this month.
Sheriff Trowbridge threatened to arrest the laid-off workers who lived in the Westside Trailer Park next to the plant on suspicion of being illegal immigrants. Since then, however, most of them have disappeared, he said.
"They are illegal, and they were going to have to go on to someplace else, whether it's back to Mexico or just move on," the sheriff said. "We were having trouble with illegals in the community for a long time before this came about."
Why do you hate progress

Calico Rock, AR

#17 Jul 14, 2013
Cases don't mean they are guilty of anything. Would think you would know that. Ask George Zimmerman. They especially don't mean anything when they are all filed by the same liberal attorney who has based his career on filing junk lawsuits against employers. Keep trying. You aren't convincing anyone with this crap.
so peco is a great wrote:
<quoted text>
Now pending before the Court in the Southern District of Mississippi are four separate cases against Peco. Each case is brought by plaintiffs from a particular Peco plant for unpaid wages in violation of the FLSA. These cases include Luckett v. Peco Foods, Inc., 3:07cv85 (Canton plant), Pace v. Peco Foods, Inc., 3:07cv86 (Sebastopol plant), White, et al. v. Peco Foods, Inc., 4:07cv18 (Bay Springs plant), and Brown, et al. v. Peco Foods, Inc., 4:07cv99 (Brooksville plant). Each complaint makes identical allegations that Peco uniformly denies hourly wages and overtime premium pay to its employees in requiring them to perform off-the-clock work.
Why do you hate progress

Calico Rock, AR

#18 Jul 14, 2013
And now you resort to pulling up an article that is 10 years old. But let's analyze what the article says: obviously peco wasn't trying to hide who they were hiring because they attempted to pay the payroll taxes on these employees under the SSN they gave when they are hired. Peco was notified that the employees had provided invalid SSNs and they let them go. What more do you ask of an employer? How could they have prevented this? The answer is that they couldn't have. Remember this was back in the days prior to e-verify being available to employers. I am sure if they had asked two many questions of the employees the same attorney you cited in the above post woukd have then been trying to sue them for discrimination!!! Also, that article that you cherry picked your quote from goes on to say that SSA issued 900,000 of these same notices!! This obviously isn't a Peco issue but a symptom of our broken immigration system. Maybe you should move on to attacking that and stop trying to attack progress and prosperity for our area.

Here is the link to that article so everyone can see for them selves. When people are cherry picking quotes usually it is for manipulative purposes...

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2003/aug/23...
so peco is a great wrote:
<quoted text>
So Peco doesn't hire illegals, think again
They are just like tyson except they aren't as big.
Canton, Miss., has been awfully quiet in the past few weeks, thanks largely to the Social Security Administration, according to Sheriff Toby Trowbridge.
"It's been a ghost town down at the trailer park," the Madison County sheriff said last week.
The Social Security Administration notified Peco Foods Inc. that the Social Security numbers of at least 200 employees were not valid, and the company let the workers go earlier this month.
Sheriff Trowbridge threatened to arrest the laid-off workers who lived in the Westside Trailer Park next to the plant on suspicion of being illegal immigrants. Since then, however, most of them have disappeared, he said.
"They are illegal, and they were going to have to go on to someplace else, whether it's back to Mexico or just move on," the sheriff said. "We were having trouble with illegals in the community for a long time before this came about."
Progress my how u lie

Calico Rock, AR

#19 Jul 15, 2013
Why do you hate progress wrote:
Cases don't mean they are guilty of anything. Would think you would know that. Ask George Zimmerman. They especially don't mean anything when they are all filed by the same liberal attorney who has based his career on filing junk lawsuits against employers. Keep trying. You aren't convincing anyone with this crap.
<quoted text>
So your Idea of progress is to have a lot of illegals living here with the crime that accompanies them.
Hey Maybe they will use that water park if they can get in for free. They will over crowd our county health program and our schools while not paying any taxes to support them.
While also destroying our rivers with sewage run off from a new plant.
And you are a Moron those cases were prosecuted and won.
I bet you are one of those employers that want more low paying jobs which will continue to make Pocahontas the haven of corrupt businesses.
more proof of illegals

Calico Rock, AR

#20 Jul 15, 2013
here is a newer article and it explains why your Idea of "progress" is nothing more than a lie.
The Exploitation of Undocumented Workers by the Poultry Industry:
Health Care Disparities among Immigrants
By Kristance Harlow
December 16, 2006
Medical Anthropology
Mount Holyoke College
Health disparities disproportionately affect undocumented Hispanic workers in the poultry industry. Poultry producers have acted in the opposite way of many other industries, instead of outsourcing their plants for cheap labor, they have brought cheap labor to them. Poultry industries have been charged with smuggling illegal immigrants across the border. Once they have these cheap labor workers they exploit them and put the blame of illegal immigration onto the workers’ shoulders. Low-wages, grueling work schedules and a lack of resources for living in their new environment all contribute to the poor health of undocumented poultry workers.
Employers know that most of their immigrant population use aliases to work under. Employers use this to their advantage. When Social Security Numbers do not match up, the Social Security Administration sends out letters informing employers of the mismatch. The employer is supposed to give the letter to the employee and let them sort it out. At a Mississippi Peco Foods plant the supervisor used these letters to intimidate the workers. The employer tried to get the employees to admit that they had bought Social Security Numbers by offering to sell them new ones. If they admit it to the boss would have to fire them and contact the authorities. What often happens with this intimidation tactic is that the employer will fire the worker but not contact immigration services; then the worker is forced to reenter the workplace at a starting wage (Cobb). Employers abuse their right to be involved in the immigration status of their workers. To reduce this kind of exploitation and intimidation federal immigration reform must reduce the ability for an employer to be involved, the burden must rest on the shoulders of the federal immigration authorities (Immigrant).
There are some health care providers who will sign notes declaring the health of the patient under their alias names and others will not. Workers travel long distances just to find a doctor who will sign their papers. Most health departments that refuse to sign for aliases do so for legal reasons. The worker and/or the health care provider could be charged with fraud for using a false name. The confusion in names can make it difficult to care for patients. Patient charts and files are not accurate because of the changing aliases. It creates confusion about patient history and increases the chance of diagnostic errors. Health care providers are learning ways to lessen the chaos by combining charts and keeping all aliases under a single file ().Cuadros Workers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 13 min Reality Check 38,835
Dish TV 1 hr Old man 1
Best Brawler in Pocahontas?!? (Jan '15) 2 hr bloodbeach 46
Game and fish bust (Dec '16) 6 hr Ann 75
This chick nicole horne has herps and doesnt te... 7 hr Just Asking 5
Lazy peeps in pokey Tue Ann 20
House Fire on Newberry Tue Ann 1

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance