Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason manufacturing didn't leave before free trade agreements was because there was a tariff on goods that came from other countries, and that made it too expensive to compete with american made products. If we gradually put those tariffs back on, foreign companies would have to compete with the U.S. again.
Not true because the car co's tried to get Reagan to do that and he said no.
daddy-o

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Salem Ar wrote:
<quoted text>Not true because the car co's tried to get Reagan to do that and he said no.
Stick tariffs on overseas products and expect to pay 50% more than you do now.
Independent

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Salem Ar wrote:
<quoted text>Not true because the car co's tried to get Reagan to do that and he said no.
I realize its not going to happen, because congress is nothing but a rubber stamp for big business.
Independent

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

daddy-o wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick tariffs on overseas products and expect to pay 50% more than you do now.

I agree, thats the reason i used the word gradually in my post. There is no quick fix, however, prices didn't go down when they lifted the tariffs. Cost of manufacturing does not necessarily determine the cost of the product, supply and demand does, when prices goes up, sells go down, when sells go down, prices go up.

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Salem Ar wrote:
<quoted text>Put Americans back to work,are you crazy,are you looking for a job,dont answer that because because i would not want you to tell the truth here on this forum,everyone can tell your not looking for a job,if you were you would not be on here,and have you took a look around i travel for the co.i work for atleast a 100 thousand miles a year,in the cities 60% of the vechiles are forgien made,the American made are made with 40% mexican,china,Korea parts,why would any co. want to come here when they can manufacture it for a fraction of the cost somewhere else,you speak as though all they have to do is pack a suitcase and come back,dont you have any knoledge of business at all,these co. have made huge investments in other countries and have no intention of comming back here,billions of dollars,our way of life has changed,we will work for less,have less,and pay more,cant you see the inflation at work,i hope you like it because your welfare check wont cover the added cost,we were in great shape under Bush compared to O' and i'm sure you can already see it,why do you think ppl are getting out of this town,its because some wont a life and a life for their children,they are not happy with the cornbread lifestyle,you maynot want better but there are ppl that have self respect,and dont want a welfare check.
Wow, you are so bright, sorry to burst your little bubble but I am retired from GM. 30 years of hitting it every day and I am living large on my retirement. Since I must not be as smart as you I can't assume who is living off welfare without knowing them. It must be tough sitting home judging people you don't know.
Salem Ar

Cherokee Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, thats the reason i used the word gradually in my post. There is no quick fix, however, prices didn't go down when they lifted the tariffs. Cost of manufacturing does not necessarily determine the cost of the product, supply and demand does, when prices goes up, sells go down, when sells go down, prices go up.
You have been saying for mounths that raising taxes will help the economy,wich will raise prices,do you think raising prices will hurt a person with money,think again,,its you that will pay the tax increase because your cost of living will increase,you dont seem to have knoledge of business or gov.but it the little man that will get the tax increase.
Salem Ar

Cherokee Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are so bright, sorry to burst your little bubble but I am retired from GM. 30 years of hitting it every day and I am living large on my retirement. Since I must not be as smart as you I can't assume who is living off welfare without knowing them. It must be tough sitting home judging people you don't know.
yea,yea,yea,your most likey retired alright,living large in yo mom and dads basement,because you are to dam lazy to work,i'm sue you are a wealthy person since i've been reading your intelegent post,you are always wealthy,work the nite shift,retired,i'll bet you can even walk on water,i can tell by your post that you are a person that has it made.DUMB
Independent

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

You seem to think that if taxes are raised on the top 2% that they will just raise the price on their products to offset the difference, and that would cause the cost of living to go up, but they already charge all the market will stand, they will charge all they can get regardless of the tax rate.....Read my earlier post again.

Cost of manufacturing does not determine the cost of the product, supply and demand does, when prices goes up, sells go down, when sells go down, prices go up.
Salem Ar

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Independent wrote:
You seem to think that if taxes are raised on the top 2% that they will just raise the price on their products to offset the difference, and that would cause the cost of living to go up, but they already charge all the market will stand, they will charge all they can get regardless of the tax rate.....Read my earlier post again.
Cost of manufacturing does not determine the cost of the product, supply and demand does, when prices goes up, sells go down, when sells go down, prices go up.
Raising taxes on 2% is going to help our debt,who are you kidding and just how much money do you think that would be,and Obama knows he cant raise their taxes anyway,its the middle class that will get the increase,he knows this also,and no i dont think,i know,its stupid to think 2% of the people can help our debt,i've been watching prices rise on everything for 4 yrs. now,but its ok with me,i can stand it if you can,but i'm betting you can't even with your welfare check,i know ppl that draw tops but according to them they are having a hard time making it on ther checks,and they were not broke to start with,just keep supporting Obama and you will be fine.
Salem Ar

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize its not going to happen, because congress is nothing but a rubber stamp for big business.
You failed to mention your good president,there are so many i cant mention the all but solyndra,g.m.and did you know it cost 22,000 dollars per vechile just to crush the cars he crushed, those were late model vechiles,less than 5 years old,how many ppl do you know that are driving cars or trucks that are older than that and are having to pay repair bill on their old cars/trucks because they cant afford new or better to get to work,tell us again how Obama is such a good prez,because you are going to pay for this"hope and change"for a long time,by the way things are beganing to unravel for your great prez.
Salem Ar

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>You hit the nail on the head. I've noticed how hard the wealthy people like Mitt Romney work. He works really hard for that $60,000.00 a day that he socks away in his tax haven. If they were really creating jobs, I would say let them keep it all.
Look bumb as anyone making that kind of money has to work,the only thing burning you as,is he makes it you cant,i'm proud of him for socking away his money,why would he give it to a nut of a president to waste,or put in Obama's friends pocket so they cant fund Obama's own pocket,i only wish i could sock that money away,and you only wish you had his money to spend,why should you care how much money he or anyone else has,its really none of your business how much money another person has as long as they make it,how you got the idea the world owe's you a living shows other ppl how stupid you are.
Salem Ar

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Independent wrote:
Giving more wealth to the rich is not going to create more jobs. There is too much wealth in too few of hands all ready. The more money they get the more they will invest over seas, or a tax free Swiss bank account, or Cayman islands. They under pay their employees in order to over pay themselves. We need to get working peoples wages up so they can buy things, then manufacturers can build more things, and hire more employees, then the new employees can buy things, and manufacturers can hire even more employees.
Whats it to you how much money another person has,it really proves you are a person without money,but being as smart as you and having the knoledge you have,why dont you just show us how you can build one of these factories,manufacture these things you speak of,hire you some employee's,build more things,this way you can get wages up,yea you got a great idea,get at it,quit wasting time and money,pocahontas needs your support and knoledge,its wide open for your help.
Independent

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

When theres too much wealth in too few of hands, there is not enough wealth in to many hands, it benifits a few at the expence of many, whats good for them is a desaster for us. If 10% of the people owns 90% of the wealth, that means 90% of the people owns 10% of the wealth. The richer they get the more power and control they have over us, and the more dependent we become on them, and that will make us a third world country.
Salem Ar

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Independent wrote:
When theres too much wealth in too few of hands, there is not enough wealth in to many hands, it benifits a few at the expence of many, whats good for them is a desaster for us. If 10% of the people owns 90% of the wealth, that means 90% of the people owns 10% of the wealth. The richer they get the more power and control they have over us, and the more dependent we become on them, and that will make us a third world country.
I think you have just explained your problem,if you work you dont have to be dependent on anyone except yourself,how ever i did not know that 10% of the ppl had control of the u.s.go to work,but i dont think you are concerned about your country or you would not be supporting O',i think he bought you vote and its you pocket book you are concerned about,however that 6.5 trillion he has spent is making us a third world country,he has been printing money for 4 yrs.and your dollar is wirth less every day,so just keep supporting the fag/babykiller.

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Salem Ar wrote:
<quoted text>You failed to mention your good president,there are so many i cant mention the all but solyndra,g.m.and did you know it cost 22,000 dollars per vechile just to crush the cars he crushed, those were late model vechiles,less than 5 years old,how many ppl do you know that are driving cars or trucks that are older than that and are having to pay repair bill on their old cars/trucks because they cant afford new or better to get to work,tell us again how Obama is such a good prez,because you are going to pay for this"hope and change"for a long time,by the way things are beganing to unravel for your great prez.
I think you are refering to the "clunker" program but it did not cost anything near your figures per car. It seems like your main problem with Obama might just be his color, if this is true he could walk on water and you would still call foul. As far as things starting to unravel in America this started in August 1971 when Nixon took us off the gold standard. Our money is becoming worthless because its not backed by anything other than a promise from a debtor nation that spends 40 percent more than it takes in every year. Soon the world will stop using the US dollar as a world accepted currency and it will take a suitcase of dollars to buy a loaf of bread. No matter if its a genius like you or a bum on the street or a nation you can't spend more than you take in forever, it must stop sonner or later.
Independent

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are refering to the "clunker" program but it did not cost anything near your figures per car. It seems like your main problem with Obama might just be his color, if this is true he could walk on water and you would still call foul. As far as things starting to unravel in America this started in August 1971 when Nixon took us off the gold standard. Our money is becoming worthless because its not backed by anything other than a promise from a debtor nation that spends 40 percent more than it takes in every year. Soon the world will stop using the US dollar as a world accepted currency and it will take a suitcase of dollars to buy a loaf of bread. No matter if its a genius like you or a bum on the street or a nation you can't spend more than you take in forever, it must stop sonner or later.
Good point.
Salem Ar

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Ilove that term "clunker"5 years old cars,i'll bet 80% of the cars in town are over 5 yrs.old,and why dont you tell us the age of the vehicle you are driving,dont call me a lier because a national news org.quoted 22.000 dollars per car as, the cost to the tax payer,of course you would not ever hear that on cnn/msnbc but Fox news reports things that cnn/msnbc will never report,however a national news organization can not print untrue things of that nature without being called out by the Gov.and the Obama adm. never denieghed it so plz dont call me a lier.

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

"Clunker" was the term used in this trade in program because the trade could not be resold and had to be salvaged or scraped. As for as the year model of my rigs, one is 4 years old and the other is 7 years old and no I don't consider them "clunkers" because I take care of them. The 4500. dollars per car trade in was to make people buy new rigs and yes it was a stupid program, so was starting the Middle East war, so is farm subsidy, so is ethanol, so is life time welfare for generations of non-working people. Both porties are owned by special interest groups and have no interest in the working class people, this is why there are no jobs.
bill t

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Guest wrote:
"Clunker" was the term used in this trade in program because the trade could not be resold and had to be salvaged or scraped. As for as the year model of my rigs, one is 4 years old and the other is 7 years old and no I don't consider them "clunkers" because I take care of them. The 4500. dollars per car trade in was to make people buy new rigs and yes it was a stupid program, so was starting the Middle East war, so is farm subsidy, so is ethanol, so is life time welfare for generations of non-working people. Both porties are owned by special interest groups and have no interest in the working class people, this is why there are no jobs.
Why dont you tell us why starting the Iraq war was a bad idea,i thought it was the right thing to do,the only mistake that Bush made on the war was by not taking out Iran while he was there of course it was the democrats that voted for the war along with the Republicans,except when it got started then they turn coated just like they do every time,the Dems are big and bad untill the wars start then they use it for politics,of course Democrats are sorry,godless,bastards anyway all they support is queers,killing babies,gay marrige,and starving a woman to death because she had mental problems,Democrats are the lowest of lows,and i do mean every word i'm saying.
bill t

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

bill t wrote:
<quoted text>Why dont you tell us why starting the Iraq war was a bad idea,i thought it was the right thing to do,the only mistake that Bush made on the war was by not taking out Iran while he was there of course it was the democrats that voted for the war along with the Republicans,except when it got started then they turn coated just like they do every time,the Dems are big and bad untill the wars start then they use it for politics,of course Democrats are sorry,godless,bastards anyway all they support is queers,killing babies,gay marrige,and starving a woman to death because she had mental problems,Democrats are the lowest of lows,and i do mean every word i'm saying.
Surely some you good christian Obama supporters would like to respond,if i was you i would not take that,i just called you Democrats godless worthless bastards.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing Pocahontas woman found safe in Mississippi 2 hr Carol ODonnell 49
Public Elected Officials Information 2 hr randolph county news 34
bruce davis (Feb '10) 3 hr Hehastriedandfailed 8
Guy at the Legion 4 hr guest 5
Hospital Tax 7 hr to pass it 37
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 hr guest 29,059
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 12 hr whiskers 9,792
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••