He He

Mountain Home, AR

#42 Dec 23, 2012
Independent wrote:
Giving more wealth to the rich is not going to create more jobs. There is too much wealth in too few of hands all ready. The more money they get the more they will invest over seas, or a tax free Swiss bank account, or Cayman islands. They under pay their employees in order to over pay themselves. We need to get working peoples wages up so they can buy things, then manufacturers can build more things, and hire more employees, then the new employees can buy things, and manufacturers can hire even more employees.
Why would this concern you,your not looking for a job anyway.
He He

Mountain Home, AR

#43 Dec 23, 2012
Independent wrote:
lack of money is not the reason the rich don't create jobs, they've got plenty of that. Any time there's a market for a product somebody will build it, and that will create jobs, but working people have to make more money to create a market. That is the reason we done so well under the clinton administration.
Lower taxes does not create more jobs, we tried with the bush tax cut for the rich, it was supposed to trickle down.
Federal income rates 1915-2000
39.6 percent: Top tax rate in 2000
31 percent: Top tax rate in 1991
50 percent: Top tax rate in 1986
70 percent: Top tax rate in 1980
91 percent: Top tax rate in 1963
84.4 percent: Top tax rate in 1950
94 percent: Top tax rate in 1945
79 percent: Top tax rate in 1939
63 percent: Top tax rate in 1935
25 percent: Top tax rate in 1931
46 percent: Top tax rate in 1924
73 percent: Top tax rate in 1921
7 percent: Top tax rate in 1915
Source: Internal Revenue Service. Find more detailed information about historical tax rates, including differences for how the rates were applied over the years.
i'll tell you how well we did under Clinton,we did so well that even the Democrats would not elect his wife,does that tell you anything.
taxpayer

Ash Flat, AR

#44 Dec 24, 2012
well wrote:
deleting the tax break for he rich won't fund the govt for a month. bunch of hot air and class warfare from the big o and d's. they have no solutions except tax and spend.
I don't care if it doesn't fund the government for one minute, I still want the wealthy to pay their fair share of taxes.
taxpayer

Ash Flat, AR

#45 Dec 24, 2012
You need more knoledge wrote:
<quoted text>When bush took office ,Clinton had left us owing 5.4 trillion dollars,yes we were losing jobs to forgien countries because Clinton had passed nafta,he said he was going to bring other countries up to our standards,he was refuring to Mexico mainly,Bush lowered taxes and our econmomy took off like a rocket,it would do better if Obama would lower taxes,not as well as it did under Bush because our nat.debt has growen under Obama,remmber he spent more money on his stimulas package,$850 billion dollars,than was spent on the Iraq war at the time,you talk like a man with a paper as hole,dont take my word for anything ask "google" he has all the right answers,of course you dont want to know the truth,when Bush left office we owed 10 trillion,now we owe 16.5 trillion,Bush was in 8 years Obama has not been in 4 yrs,are you not smart enough to count,and by the way jobs are leaving this country because of ppl like you,so stupid to think they,can take from the ppl they work for and wont get caught,you would have to be a fool to thing that a person could get away with that for lomg.
Does anyone else notice how stupid the anti-Obama racists are? They can't spell and they can't punctuate. Their arguements are always based on the fabrications they see on Fox News.
Independent

Jonesboro, AR

#46 Dec 24, 2012
You need more knoledge wrote:
<quoted text>You are spiting a bunch of bull,and jobs under Bush were great because the unenployment rate was low you can "goolge" this and see for yourself,you need to get you some info for yourself instead of spreading lies,just "google"unemployment rate from 2000 to 2006 thats when we tanked after the Democrats took the house and senate,also while you are Googleing check the fed rate for the same years,i dont think you want to talk about jobs leaving the united states,because Obama has lost all the jobs we had here,where are all the jobs in n.e.Ark.its plan to see you have no knoledge of what has happened in our Gov.you talk about the rich,then you talk about corp.this is 2 seperate things,you cant force either to pay taxes,this the purpose for corp.to keep from paying taxes,rich ppl dont pay taxes and why would you care if a person is smart the aren't going to pay many taxes,you have the same opertunity to form deductions as they do,no you cant blow your paycheck on things you want and get deductions like trucks,guns,boats,4-wheelers,c ars,houses,clothes,and vacations,but there are many ways you can have these deductions and stop being envious/jealous of ppl that work.
You can't pay any attention to the unemployment rate numbers, because businesses started hiring part time employment instead of full time so they wouldn't have to pay for benefits, such as walmart, and that falsely incresed the number of employment.

Another reason is because the unemployment rate is based on unemployment insurance, and when people draw out their benefits, they are counted as if they are back to work, and that falsely incresing the number even more. However i do believe the unemployment rate has incresed under Obama, and will continue until we start manufacturing again, regardless of who the president is.
well

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#47 Dec 24, 2012
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care if it doesn't fund the government for one minute, I still want the wealthy to pay their fair share of taxes.
how much is their fair share?
and how many times should it be taxed -
when it's made, when saved, and when it earns profit or interest? and again at death?

we need a flat tax where everyone pays the same percentage of their pay/initial earnings. interest, business income, savings, and investments interests are a choice some make, and those folks money is double taxed.
money that is invested should be taxed much less, if at all.

is it fair for 47% to contribute nothing to federal taxes?
what % is their "fair share"?

hard workers who make more are taxed at a higher %.
why is their % greater? what's fair about it?
how much is enough?
Bubba

Ash Flat, AR

#48 Dec 24, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
how much is their fair share?
and how many times should it be taxed -
when it's made, when saved, and when it earns profit or interest? and again at death?
we need a flat tax where everyone pays the same percentage of their pay/initial earnings. interest, business income, savings, and investments interests are a choice some make, and those folks money is double taxed.
money that is invested should be taxed much less, if at all.
is it fair for 47% to contribute nothing to federal taxes?
what % is their "fair share"?
hard workers who make more are taxed at a higher %.
why is their % greater? what's fair about it?
how much is enough?
Is that you Mitt? You lost because you didn't care about the 47%, some of which work hard for little pay and some that are retired and living off of social security (which you want to cut) and some that are super wealthy and employ slimey tax lawyers (see offshore tax shelters). I still can't get over how many stupid rednecks believe lower taxes for the wealthy creates jobs. It never has and it never will!
He He

Mountain Home, AR

#49 Dec 24, 2012
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care if it doesn't fund the government for one minute, I still want the wealthy to pay their fair share of taxes.
You half breeds dont understand business,only welfare,its why you sit on your jealous as broke crying all the time,you waste you money and its someone fault besides yours,wealthy people dont pay taxes and you cant force them to pay more because they dont waste their money,the work and invest a portion of it just to be sure they dont pay taxes ,it you nuts that spend your money on things they want and never have any to invest,but cry and all you want the only thing that raising taxes will do is cause more part time jobs,of course you aren't looking for a job anyway so the only way this will effect you is you will spend you welfare check quicker because coust are rising and i personally think its funny you low life ppl are to stupid to understand why.
He He

Mountain Home, AR

#50 Dec 24, 2012
taxpayer wrote:
The wealthy are paying their fair share because they file their taxes every year,its you and the ppl in Obama's cabnet that arent paying their fair share,half of the ppl working for Obama owe back taxes,of course cnn/msmbc wont tell you this,so you would not know it,be sure you keep yourself stupid,half breeds usually are,i know your face is black or you would be smarter.
You need more knoledgeIts

Mountain Home, AR

#51 Dec 24, 2012
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't pay any attention to the unemployment rate numbers, because businesses started hiring part time employment instead of full time so they wouldn't have to pay for benefits, such as walmart, and that falsely incresed the number of employment.
Another reason is because the unemployment rate is based on unemployment insurance, and when people draw out their benefits, they are counted as if they are back to work, and that falsely incresing the number even more. However i do believe the unemployment rate has incresed under Obama, and will continue until we start manufacturing again, regardless of who the president is.
Its easy to see why you dont want to look at unemployment numbers,they are higher than the were when Obama took office,although he has spent 6.5 trillion in less than 4 years,you talk like these co's that have left and went over seas cant just return anytime they want,this proves the knoledge you have,these co's have spent billions and made huge investments in other countries,they cant just come back because they want to,of course why would they want to because they can manufacture the product for a small percentage of what it would cost them here,there are places to live besides here and americans are finding this out quickly,just as ppl are leaving pocahontas,its ppl like you that are forcing ppl that want to work and feed their families,get out of here,are you so stupid that you think that manufacturing will be returning the this country much less a town like this one in n.e.Ark,this place is shot i'm sorry to say,there are no jobs,no jobs means that ppl have to go where the jobs are,not everyone is like you ,some ppl have respect for their self and are proud of the fact that they can work instead of living off of the Gov.

Mountain Home, AR

#52 Dec 25, 2012
As far as taxes the only fair tax would be a sales tax, say 15 percent straight across the board no exceptions for churches or anyone. Get rid of the IRS and congress and fire most elected leaders. Stop paying out foreign aid to nearly every country in the world and put Americans back to work making things we need or want right here.

Mountain Home, AR

#53 Dec 25, 2012
Guest wrote:
As far as taxes the only fair tax would be a sales tax, say 15 percent straight across the board no exceptions for churches or anyone. Get rid of the IRS and congress and fire most elected leaders. Stop paying out foreign aid to nearly every country in the world and put Americans back to work making things we need or want right here.
If you work for Obama you dont have to pay taxes,at least half of his cabnet owe's back taxes,now he dont mind sending IRS out to try to get more from you,even Eric Holder owes back taxes,you know he our top lawyer in this country

Mountain Home, AR

#54 Dec 25, 2012
Guest wrote:
15% for taxes and 20%for health care,yea that should do it,i agree.
Republican

Ash Flat, AR

#55 Dec 25, 2012
You guys are morons. A sales tax hurts the lower and middle classes. Sales taxes represent a much higher percentage of income for the less affluent. How is it fair for a high income earner to pay the exact same amount of taxes as a poor person? That's why you get taxed for what you earn, not what you spend.
Salem Ar

Mountain Home, AR

#56 Dec 25, 2012
Guest wrote:
You sound like a person that understands business,if a person invest a half a million in farm equipment,that would be 1 hundred tho in taxes,sounds great except there wont be any sold,there fore there wont be any jobs,the gov.is already carring the farmer,general moters,unions,mass transet,including rr roads,welfare, these are just a few there are many more,for example the gov.pays the farmer to grow corn in which 40% we cant use,so we put it in gas,now we get less millage out of ethnol that we do regular gas,it takes more oil to produce the corn than we get from ethnol,fuel used to work the ground,plant the corn,water the corn with the pumps running 24 hours a day at 1 hundred gal of fuel per day,we are losing money and fuel plus we pay the ethnol plants to make ethnol and transport the corn,and then there will be transportation of the fuel made so that means we have to burn more fuel to transport the fuel,ethnol is a loosing proposition,now the gov.knows this and the farmer knows this,but the tax payer has not figured it out yet,gas was 1.84 cents per gal when Obama was elected,but to use corn for fuel the price of gas must be higher since corn prices have doubbled,corn ethnol is the biggest taxpayer rip off in the country
Salem Ar

Mountain Home, AR

#57 Dec 25, 2012
Guest wrote:
You want to stop passing out money to forgien countries,well it sounds good but how are they going to buy our grain,what will we do with it,and lets not forget that we pay for national defence for a lot of countries,how are we going to keep the big countries from taking over the little countries like the Soviet Union did a few yrs.ago,and Iraq taking over Kawait with all of its oil in which was the purpose to start with,you know,thats the critizism Bush sr.got for kicking Iraq out of kawait,you cant sell grain to countries that have no money,so just take the good old american taxpayer money,pass it around a your grand children will pay China back for it someday,MAYBE,but remmber O' has spent 6.5 trillion in less than 4 yrs.while Bush spent 5 in 8 yrs,now of course Bush was not a good president,except most of you had more money and lived better under Bush than you are under O'but dont give up hope he gets to stay a while longer so maybe you will have a chance to live better,although i dobut it because you will live like a porper unless you make a hundred tho to live on,its going to be cornbread.
Salem Ar

Mountain Home, AR

#58 Dec 25, 2012
Republican wrote:
You guys are morons. A sales tax hurts the lower and middle classes. Sales taxes represent a much higher percentage of income for the less affluent. How is it fair for a high income earner to pay the exact same amount of taxes as a poor person? That's why you get taxed for what you earn, not what you spend.
You are correct about the sales tax,but that verry smart Obama supporter is now smart enough to understand that rich ppl dont pay taxes,O'cant make the pay taxes,O'already knows he cant force them to pay taxes,but his intention is to force the middle class pay more,and he can do that,while making the jealous/stupid people think they are getting a free ride,i wish some of these intelegent O'supporters would tell me how he can force the rich to pay more taxes,smart ppl are going to keep some money or find a way to shelter part of their taxes,of course there will allways be the one that make the money but like to be somebody,therefore they are going to spend ever penny they make before they get it,there are ppl that you cant help because they are going to live a lifestyle they cant afford.
Salem Ar

Mountain Home, AR

#59 Dec 25, 2012
Guest wrote:
Put Americans back to work,are you crazy,are you looking for a job,dont answer that because because i would not want you to tell the truth here on this forum,everyone can tell your not looking for a job,if you were you would not be on here,and have you took a look around i travel for the co.i work for atleast a 100 thousand miles a year,in the cities 60% of the vechiles are forgien made,the American made are made with 40% mexican,china,Korea parts,why would any co. want to come here when they can manufacture it for a fraction of the cost somewhere else,you speak as though all they have to do is pack a suitcase and come back,dont you have any knoledge of business at all,these co. have made huge investments in other countries and have no intention of comming back here,billions of dollars,our way of life has changed,we will work for less,have less,and pay more,cant you see the inflation at work,i hope you like it because your welfare check wont cover the added cost,we were in great shape under Bush compared to O' and i'm sure you can already see it,why do you think ppl are getting out of this town,its because some wont a life and a life for their children,they are not happy with the cornbread lifestyle,you maynot want better but there are ppl that have self respect,and dont want a welfare check.
Salem Ar

Mountain Home, AR

#60 Dec 25, 2012
They are paying their fair share,they are paying theirs,yours,and your welfare check,did you paint your face black.
Independent

Jonesboro, AR

#61 Dec 25, 2012
You need more knoledgeIts wrote:
<quoted text>Its easy to see why you dont want to look at unemployment numbers,they are higher than the were when Obama took office,although he has spent 6.5 trillion in less than 4 years,you talk like these co's that have left and went over seas cant just return anytime they want,this proves the knoledge you have,these co's have spent billions and made huge investments in other countries,they cant just come back because they want to,of course why would they want to because they can manufacture the product for a small percentage of what it would cost them here,there are places to live besides here and americans are finding this out quickly,just as ppl are leaving pocahontas,its ppl like you that are forcing ppl that want to work and feed their families,get out of here,are you so stupid that you think that manufacturing will be returning the this country much less a town like this one in n.e.Ark,this place is shot i'm sorry to say,there are no jobs,no jobs means that ppl have to go where the jobs are,not everyone is like you ,some ppl have respect for their self and are proud of the fact that they can work instead of living off of the Gov.
The reason manufacturing didn't leave before free trade agreements was because there was a tariff on goods that came from other countries, and that made it too expensive to compete with american made products. If we gradually put those tariffs back on, foreign companies would have to compete with the U.S. again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kathy smith 4 min friend 5
Supreme Court 56 min guest 42
sonic drive in is awful 4 hr kimberley miller 21
Sally Gipson 6 hr shes a ho 3
Tim bagwell 11 hr just forget him 10
News Pocahontas resident faces obstacles, opposition... 18 hr Snake n the grass 12
Old Hill Crest Hotel 22 hr BEWARE 12
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages