First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Clean hands

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Aug 18, 2013
As long as they are clean hands, if gloves are not changed everytime they are as bad as dirty hands.
oldtimer

Melbourne, AR

#22 Aug 18, 2013
Clean hands wrote:
As long as they are clean hands, if gloves are not changed everytime they are as bad as dirty hands.
absolutely rite
FYI

Jonesboro, AR

#23 Aug 19, 2013
realman wrote:
<quoted text>
Price choppers donuts are freshly made smart one
Actually they come in frozen on a truck, then they put them in the proofer and let them rise and then they fry them. I worked in the Bakery at Price Chopper for a few years,THEY ARE FRESHLY MADE FROM FROZEN.
PC Deli worker

Jonesboro, AR

#24 Aug 19, 2013
realman wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you are wrong on this one, the donuts,cakes,rolls and breads are shipped in frozen via truck, all we do is take them out of the box, put them in the proofer to rise and then put them in the fryer,or the oven.
FYI

Jonesboro, AR

#25 Aug 19, 2013
guest wrote:
Yes made right in front of you with their bare hands, no gloves, seen that this morning. I left
I was the donut maker at Graces Place, you can't roll out dough wearing gloves, you do wash and sanitize your hands often though.
imo

Mountain Home, AR

#26 Aug 19, 2013
have no problem with PC using frozen dough for donuts, cinnamon rolls, long johns, etc.
good consistent texture and taste and they offer a wide variety.

how much are a dozen at the new place vs PC?

Donut Maker

Jonesboro, AR

#27 Aug 22, 2013
guest wrote:
Yes made right in front of you with their bare hands, no gloves, seen that this morning. I left
You can't knead dough with gloves on, your hands will sweat and the gloves get holes in them and come off, would you want to eat donuts with someones sweat or pieces of gloves in them? I made donuts at a donut shop and washed and sanitized my hands regularly. Price Chopper gets their donuts, cakes and breads in already made and frozen, they proof them and fry them. Their donuts do tend to get freezer burn at times, they still use them.
lin1

Jonesboro, AR

#28 Aug 22, 2013
Have food from there twice biscuits and gravy and then donuts we thought they were very good.
biker_dude

United States

#29 Aug 28, 2013
Shipley's doughnuts are awesome!
Miss Nobody

Mount Pleasant, AR

#30 Aug 28, 2013
Shipley donuts are the best! I had seen Shipley for years in different states but never ate at one. It's texture that sets it apart from other donut places. And finally, we have a donut shop that serves pigs in a blanket!
flash

Bexar, AR

#31 Aug 29, 2013
The donuts suck and and there prices are to high....
information1

Ash Flat, AR

#32 Aug 29, 2013
realman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope you are wrong there...they do not make them..they are trucked in.Price Chopper does not have a donut mixer or any other pastry machine.
pokey girl

Jonesboro, AR

#33 Aug 30, 2013
realman wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get your information? Price Chopper donuts ARE NOT and have NEVER BEEN freshly made, they come in by truck,already made and they fry them. Shipley donuts are freshly made, from scratch every morning. You can go to Price Chopper early in the morning and watch them take the donuts out of the boxes they are shipped in. I worked in the Deli at Price Chopper for years, I know how the donuts are made, that was my job, smart one..

Jonesboro, AR

#34 Sep 2, 2013
Shipley won't last as long as Price Chopper makes bigger, cheaper donuts. Wait for the novelty value of the new shop to wear off first. They'll also go down in quality sojn.
pokey girl

Jonesboro, AR

#35 Sep 3, 2013
Guest wrote:
Shipley won't last as long as Price Chopper makes bigger, cheaper donuts. Wait for the novelty value of the new shop to wear off first. They'll also go down in quality sojn.
You get what you pay for, Shipley is all over the state, they all do great business. What is sojn?
really

Mountain Home, AR

#36 Sep 3, 2013
Miss Nobody wrote:
Shipley donuts are the best! I had seen Shipley for years in different states but never ate at one. It's texture that sets it apart from other donut places. And finally, we have a donut shop that serves pigs in a blanket!
10 cent dog in a 10 cent bun costs how much?
Man Ol Man

Mountain Home, AR

#37 Sep 3, 2013
they are Great along with the extra fly puke on them .......Went in to get a nice sweet cake donuts and the flys were all over inside the display case i couldnt bring my self to buy one that day but hae i will go back its not like they couldnt see the flys all over the stuff.So Im guessing its ok Right?
KiloVolt

Jonesboro, AR

#38 Sep 3, 2013
Goober wrote:
<quoted text>I think most people like them, but my doughnut had a strange taste to it. I'm not going back.
They make great pastries but early this morning my wife bought myself Bavarian cream filled and she got cream cheese filled. Mine was great. But she ate one of the cream cheese filled and has been throwing up all day. I smelled of the cream cheese filling and it had a bad chemical smell to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Q: Why can't midget women use tampons? 45 min guest 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 59 min --Bad Dad-- 39,379
Dominique Kajun Mathews 1 hr Steven 21
Homosexuals welcome 1 hr tyler 1
End of times 3 hr Guest 10
Chihuahua puppy wanted 5 hr Michelle 2
Q: What should you give a woman who has everyth... 22 hr Guest 2

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance