Destroy train bridge piers "SAD"

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Train Conductor

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What the heck! My lord, who makes the decisions to tear down the train piers? People of Pocahontas it's part of our heritage! They could of had a walking bridge crossing the Black River. Heard that the State of Arkansas heritage would had fund it. They have a name called: Rails to Trails! What a lost!!!!! We have people today just don't have any common sense! Very Sad!
oldtimer

Oxford, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 30, 2013
 
Train Conductor wrote:
What the heck! My lord, who makes the decisions to tear down the train piers? People of Pocahontas it's part of our heritage! They could of had a walking bridge crossing the Black River. Heard that the State of Arkansas heritage would had fund it. They have a name called: Rails to Trails! What a lost!!!!! We have people today just don't have any common sense! Very Sad!
when does this happen
I Agree

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 30, 2013
 
They could made it with the train Depot. People would like to do something else like a walking trail. I have seen the Rails of Trails in Hot Springs. Beautiful!
not me

Cherokee Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Train Conductor wrote:
What the heck! My lord, who makes the decisions to tear down the train piers? People of Pocahontas it's part of our heritage! They could of had a walking bridge crossing the Black River. Heard that the State of Arkansas heritage would had fund it. They have a name called: Rails to Trails! What a lost!!!!! We have people today just don't have any common sense! Very Sad!
What a crazy idea,i'm not paying for a bridge when we already have a bridge,you want it you pay for it.
Lol

Cherokee Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Is there a way we could get the hole mess of in the river,they are ruining pocahontas with all of the historic junk,i'm sure that will convince a factory to locate here."HISTORIC"

“Dont drink the kool-aid”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It would have been great to have the caboose up on the bridge as a nice thing to look at when people drive right on through Pocahontas. If they do tear them down perhaps someone will get the rest of the old growth timber that was not burned when the river level was down. If someone on the city council would have had the idea to sell the timber rather than burning it. It could have added a bit to the cities coffers.
MrsRockefeller Restaurant

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

not me wrote:
<quoted text>What a crazy idea,i'm not paying for a bridge when we already have a bridge,you want it you pay for it.
. I think it's a great idea! It would be very cool to have a walking bridge across the river. Any else exciting around here. I would donate $50.000 to get it started... How much would you danate?
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 31, 2013
 
no need for names here wrote:
It would have been great to have the caboose up on the bridge as a nice thing to look at when people drive right on through Pocahontas. If they do tear them down perhaps someone will get the rest of the old growth timber that was not burned when the river level was down. If someone on the city council would have had the idea to sell the timber rather than burning it. It could have added a bit to the cities coffers.
GREAT STATEMENT !
Lol

Cherokee Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 31, 2013
 
no need for names here wrote:
It would have been great to have the caboose up on the bridge as a nice thing to look at when people drive right on through Pocahontas. If they do tear them down perhaps someone will get the rest of the old growth timber that was not burned when the river level was down. If someone on the city council would have had the idea to sell the timber rather than burning it. It could have added a bit to the cities coffers.
You want a walking bridge to carry the weight of a caboose,who is going to pay for maintence/insurance,it sounds as though you dont understand what you are talking about.

“Dont drink the kool-aid”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 31, 2013
 
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>You want a walking bridge to carry the weight of a caboose,who is going to pay for maintence/insurance,it sounds as though you dont understand what you are talking about.
Where did I mention having a walking bridge? I just stated that it would have been a nice photo op for ones passing through.
Agree

Cherokee Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 31, 2013
 
yes i agree with you i dont want to get out on a bridge built for walking with the weight of a caboose on it and someone will fall off a sue the city,there are some ppl that just have know knoledge of what it take to carry that type of weight in ice storms,wind storms,nor do they understand cost,because they have never experinced the cost of doing business,as you can see this person is wanting someone beside him/herself to pay for what they want,everything is ok if only someone will pay the bill,just not them,its just the way some ppl think.
Husband of MrsRockfeller

Cherokee Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

MrsRockefeller Restaurant wrote:
<quoted text>. I think it's a great idea! It would be very cool to have a walking bridge across the river. Any else exciting around here. I would donate $50.000 to get it started... How much would you danate?
My wife is sometimes a little off balance,i just checked our bank acc.and we could only donate 50 cents,sorry.
ha ha

Cherokee Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 31, 2013
 
Train Conductor wrote:
What the heck! My lord, who makes the decisions to tear down the train piers? People of Pocahontas it's part of our heritage! They could of had a walking bridge crossing the Black River. Heard that the State of Arkansas heritage would had fund it. They have a name called: Rails to Trails! What a lost!!!!! We have people today just don't have any common sense! Very Sad!
Walking bridge?
The ex husband

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Husband of MrsRockfeller wrote:
<quoted text>My wife is sometimes a little off balance,i just checked our bank acc.and we could only donate 50 cents,sorry.
Crying, LMAO, You must married my ex! Now that's real FUNNY!
ex wife

Salem, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 2, 2013
 
We nneed something besides a dumb bridge,how are we going to profit from that,enough wasted money in this town even though the mayor is suppose to be a [REP.] or conservtive,either way our money could be spent more wisely than a bridge.
doh

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

ex wife wrote:
We nneed something besides a dumb bridge,how are we going to profit from that,enough wasted money in this town even though the mayor is suppose to be a [REP.] or conservtive,either way our money could be spent more wisely than a bridge.
like a $7.5 mil water park thingy that 90% will never use.
we had a chance to save the bridge for less than a walkway or depot remodel cost but officials dropped the ball.
should of taken the now 1/4 mil depot and ugly concrete out of the river when they took the bridge.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

guest wrote:
How about they leave the bridge alone and tear down that ugly-ass wall in the river park. I'd gladly contribute to that.
have you seen the parks they all are going down hill.. Rusting roofs, weed in all parks flower beds... Bathrooms are all nasty trash cans full! Lake run down missing boards on dock.. My little girl got Hirt in swing. Roof leaking on about all buildings! The council and mayor are not doing their job! Community center closed early and open late! You want us to spend more money!!!! You can't keep up what you already have! Everything is going to pot! Go look at the Pocahontas Parks yourself and see what I see and you can tell that the parks need help! Spend more money?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
pizza hut must be desperate 9 min guest 2
Medessia Tunstall 11 hr just wondering 1
Who's hiring? 12 hr cool dude 2
who the biggest hole 12 hr cool dude 1
anyone know kelly riggs (Dec '12) 12 hr cool dude 21
Gerald Walker For Mayor 19 hr guest 22
teen girls living with boy friends 19 hr the gooch 20
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••