there is no poultry plant being built.

there is no poultry plant being built.

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 10, 2013
Ask Peco which contracts with most of the growers in this area.
What is happening is that the Peco company is dumping the poor growers in favor of those people that take better care of the chickens and who have new or updated houses.
Peco is a much better managed company than the Townsend group that went bankrupt. They are trying to stabilize the market and produce healthy animals. That is good for our local producers who have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in the land , building and equipment needed to raise chickens.
what

Mountain Home, AR

#2 Jul 10, 2013
"company is dumping the poor growers in favor of...new houses ....That is good for our local producers who have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in the land, building and equipment needed to raise chickens"

good?

tell that to those getting dumped on.

houses get some age and about paid off and the growers near more profit and then get cut off.
sounds like a ponsi scheme - bring on he next round of suckers.
it doesnt have to be fair

Mountain Home, AR

#3 Jul 10, 2013
what wrote:
"company is dumping the poor growers in favor of...new houses ....That is good for our local producers who have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in the land, building and equipment needed to raise chickens"
good?
tell that to those getting dumped on.
houses get some age and about paid off and the growers near more profit and then get cut off.
sounds like a ponsi scheme - bring on he next round of suckers.
Sounds to me like a good management system.
I guess you think that a grower who produces substandard chickens should be allowed to stay in business. Poultry barns do have a life expectancy and if the barn is no longer up to the current standards,then why would a company want to risk all the money they put into raising the chickens? The company has to run a hatchery to produce the chicks, transport the chicks to the producer, pay for all the grain the chicks eat,transport the grown chickens to the slaughter house ,process, package and distribute the meat to stores or restaurants.The profit margin is very slim and if the grower doesn't produce healthy high quality birds then the company will lose money.
Townsend and Pilgrams pride are examples of companies that went broke because of poor management.
Tina

Rogers, AR

#4 Jul 11, 2013
it doesnt have to be fair wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds to me like a good management system.
I guess you think that a grower who produces substandard chickens should be allowed to stay in business. Poultry barns do have a life expectancy and if the barn is no longer up to the current standards,then why would a company want to risk all the money they put into raising the chickens? The company has to run a hatchery to produce the chicks, transport the chicks to the producer, pay for all the grain the chicks eat,transport the grown chickens to the slaughter house ,process, package and distribute the meat to stores or restaurants.The profit margin is very slim and if the grower doesn't produce healthy high quality birds then the company will lose money.
Townsend and Pilgrams pride are examples of companies that went broke because of poor management.
Would you Please post a Link for your Claim that pilgrams went broke????.Last i saw their the Worlds Larges supplier of Chicken in the world.
wack em

United States

#5 Jul 12, 2013
Tina wrote:
<quoted text>Would you Please post a Link for your Claim that pilgrams went broke????.Last i saw their the Worlds Larges supplier of Chicken in the world.
They filed bankruptcy and were bought by another company. http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5BR2...
Also looking

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Jul 12, 2013
I am looking for a male (cheep) if not free... Would like a nice Garud dog thanks
Tina

Rogers, AR

#7 Jul 12, 2013
wack em wrote:
<quoted text>They filed bankruptcy and were bought by another company. http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE5BR2...
Thank you for the Info and the Link.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 24 min Now_What- 33,900
News Postal authorities investigate rural carrier in... Sat guest 3
Post Office Sat PockCit 12
Josh Colvey (Dec '08) Sat jynckz 10
Randy Collier (Feb '16) Sat jynckz 4
Shipleys Donuts Sat damn 6
Joey Ball Feb 24 ricky 5

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance