created by: Rick | Jun 8, 2010

Arkansas

5,867 votes

Did you vote today?

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
19,621 - 19,640 of 29,628 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20890
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
If you realize that, do you really think that even half of the results are legit? Do you think the scientist don't want any more money for further studies? Do you think that doesn't factor into the final results given to the money donor who already has a preformed opinion and selected a group of scientists that said they believed the results would indeed line up with his/her preformed opinion? Not getting the results the money donor wanted would be the same as an employee failing at their job. They might not get to keep their job if the employer found out exactly how the employee failed so some employees decide to try to lie for the sake of keeping their job. Scientist are no different. I know liberals and the science community are close so this probably seems absurd to you.
I do not find that "absurd" at all, it is being motivated by greed, and greed is as old as time. The science community is no different from any other entity, they have some unethical personell.

Yes I do believe "even half of the results are legit". I also believe that there is people, Scientist included, that are not beyond perpetrating a scam for financial gain.

Do you really think those Scientists who habitually release incorrect studies will be hired for main stream research?

Would you hire someone with that reputation, probably not, unless you are running a scam.

What I do find "absurd" is that you stereotype the entire science community and other groups as well due to the actions of a few.
guest

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20891
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not find that "absurd" at all, it is being motivated by greed, and greed is as old as time. The science community is no different from any other entity, they have some unethical personell.
Yes I do believe "even half of the results are legit". I also believe that there is people, Scientist included, that are not beyond perpetrating a scam for financial gain.
Do you really think those Scientists who habitually release incorrect studies will be hired for main stream research?
Would you hire someone with that reputation, probably not, unless you are running a scam.
What I do find "absurd" is that you stereotype the entire science community and other groups as well due to the actions of a few.
"The science community is no different from any other entity, they have some unethical personell."

-See Global Warming

"Do you really think those Scientists who habitually release incorrect studies will be hired for main stream research?"

-See Global Warming

"What I do find "absurd" is that you stereotype the entire science community and other groups as well due to the actions of a few."

-See a mirror
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20892
Jan 19, 2013
 
guest wrote:
Wait? I thought the President said the War on Terror was over? BARNEYII said the President's policy in Afghanistan was about "accomplishing a mission."
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/19...
"Al-Qaida-linked militants claimed Friday that they were holding two American hostages and would exchange them for two people being held in the United States the blind sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, convicted in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center and Aafie Siddiqque a 40-year-old Pakistani neuroscientist and mother of three, who was convicted of attacking U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan."
The left-wing faux news sites pulled a BARNEYII and ironically left this quote from Sec. of State Hillary Clinton in their "coverage" of the story.
"The perpetrators are the terrorists. They are the ones who have assaulted this facility, have taken hostage Algerians and others from around the world as they were going about their daily business," she said.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/19/clint...
You see, Barn, you always demand proof of your lies and misinformation and, like I said, the proof is in the reality that you deny and it's screeming in your posts.
We'll just have to wait and see what new reality Barney comes up with next.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20893
Jan 19, 2013
 
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not find that "absurd" at all, it is being motivated by greed, and greed is as old as time. The science community is no different from any other entity, they have some unethical personell.
Yes I do believe "even half of the results are legit". I also believe that there is people, Scientist included, that are not beyond perpetrating a scam for financial gain.
Do you really think those Scientists who habitually release incorrect studies will be hired for main stream research?
Would you hire someone with that reputation, probably not, unless you are running a scam.
What I do find "absurd" is that you stereotype the entire science community and other groups as well due to the actions of a few.
I simply realize that what we see happening around us doesn't, and hasn't for some time, match what we hear from the "in the know" communities such as government, science, and certianly media. Never more than today has the saying "believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see" been more true. What I hear comming down from Washington is that studies show this or studies show that so here is our newest and latest policy to fix it. What I see around me is a completely different scenario in which the enacting of the policy set to fix the problem only makes the problem worse and in most cases creates new problems. If you could cite me real world situations that you know and have seen for yourself right here where you live then we could have a serious debate about who is right and who is wrong. All you do is look at the CBO or one of your many left wing sites to get all of your information and you take it for the truth lock stock and barrell. You don't personally know one single person who's information you are taking as 100% correct. You simply regurgitate it and sit back proudly as if it came from your personal experience. Your exactly like that commercial where the woman tells the guy that "they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true". The guy asks "where did you hear that?". They simultaneously respond "On the internet" as her "French model" date she met on the internet who looks like anything but a model walks up and says "BONJOUR". The oblivious girl and her anything but a model date walk off to their night of bliss. You are that woman with your digitally set point of view and you will continually look out of touch until you decide to look around for yourself and see what's going on.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20894
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

guest wrote:
Wait? I thought the President said the War on Terror was over? BARNEYII said the President's policy in Afghanistan was about "accomplishing a mission."
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/19...
"Al-Qaida-linked militants claimed Friday that they were holding two American hostages and would exchange them for two people being held in the United States the blind sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, convicted in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center and Aafie Siddiqque a 40-year-old Pakistani neuroscientist and mother of three, who was convicted of attacking U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan."
The left-wing faux news sites pulled a BARNEYII and ironically left this quote from Sec. of State Hillary Clinton in their "coverage" of the story.
"The perpetrators are the terrorists. They are the ones who have assaulted this facility, have taken hostage Algerians and others from around the world as they were going about their daily business," she said.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/19/clint...
You see, Barn, you always demand proof of your lies and misinformation and, like I said, the proof is in the reality that you deny and it's screeming in your posts.
You have some serious comprehension issues, to the point that I believe you must have a learning disability

No, I demanded you provide proof for the misinformation you post religiously, or for you to prove me wrong, on what you refer to as lies, on what I posted.

The best I recall, you have NEVER ACCEPTED the invitation to prove me wrong, and IM still waiting. You can do it so you just attack the messenger.

"I thought the President said the War on Terror was over"

What in the Hell ever give you that idea.

Another thing, if the proof is in the reality that I deny, why does giving an example of that seem to escape you on a permanent bases.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20895
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

That should have read;

You can not do it, so you just attack the messenger.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20896
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll just have to wait and see what new reality Barney comes up with next.
Chance are, no matter how elementary it might be, it will be way over your two imbeciles heads.


Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20897
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

guest wrote:
<quoted text>"The science community is no different from any other entity, they have some unethical personell."
-See Global Warming
"Do you really think those Scientists who habitually release incorrect studies will be hired for main stream research?"
-See Global Warming
"What I do find "absurd" is that you stereotype the entire science community and other groups as well due to the actions of a few."
-See a mirror
How much research have you done on global warming, what is your credentials on global warning, Are you a PHD, an experienced scientist.

If you are none of those just how do know global warming is a hoax?


Let me guess,

Fox news told Bubba it was, so it has to be true.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20898
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply realize that what we see happening around us doesn't, and hasn't for some time, match what we hear from the "in the know" communities such as government, science, and certianly media. Never more than today has the saying "believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see" been more true. What I hear comming down from Washington is that studies show this or studies show that so here is our newest and latest policy to fix it. What I see around me is a completely different scenario in which the enacting of the policy set to fix the problem only makes the problem worse and in most cases creates new problems. If you could cite me real world situations that you know and have seen for yourself right here where you live then we could have a serious debate about who is right and who is wrong. All you do is look at the CBO or one of your many left wing sites to get all of your information and you take it for the truth lock stock and barrell. You don't personally know one single person who's information you are taking as 100% correct. You simply regurgitate it and sit back proudly as if it came from your personal experience. Your exactly like that commercial where the woman tells the guy that "they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true". The guy asks "where did you hear that?". They simultaneously respond "On the internet" as her "French model" date she met on the internet who looks like anything but a model walks up and says "BONJOUR". The oblivious girl and her anything but a model date walk off to their night of bliss. You are that woman with your digitally set point of view and you will continually look out of touch until you decide to look around for yourself and see what's going on.
You spend way to much time, listing perceived problems, of those who do not tote the same line as you.

Have you ever stop to think you are not perfect, the world will still turn, if things are different from your ideal world.

What is good for you may be less advantageous for someone else.

Learn to live with diversity, or be left farther behind than you already have.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20899
Jan 19, 2013
 
As usual, Barney resorts to name calling and blaming Fox News. Redd, he is "keeping up your good fight".
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20901
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You spend way to much time, listing perceived problems, of those who do not tote the same line as you.
Have you ever stop to think you are not perfect, the world will still turn, if things are different from your ideal world.
What is good for you may be less advantageous for someone else.
Learn to live with diversity, or be left farther behind than you already have.
That's why I said "I believe". This means what I am saying is from my perspective. It's not pushing it on anyone else or even asking others share my point of view. My point of view counts just as much as anyone elses point of view. If someone reads my posts and decides maybe they should stop and take a look around and form their own opinion the way I do then that's fine. If not, as you do, then that's fine too. I'm not trying to start a movement, I'm simply stating things from my perspective. I certainly don't think I am perfect. Far from it. I do notice that you are saying that someone such as myself doesn't fit into your "diverse" world, that I could be left behind if I don't change my way of thinking. Could you give me the liberal definition of diversity? I looked diversity up in the dictionary and I found this:
"The fact or quality of being diverse; difference.
A point or respect in which things differ.
Variety or multiformity"

Seems to me that I would fit that definition of diversity. That I would be included. Does the liberal definition mean that one has to be liberal to be diverse? If we are supposed to be diverse, why should I be left behind? Is the liberal diverse world smaller than other worlds where only a select few "diverse" individuals may enter. To be a part of such an accepting party you sure are exclusive. Maybe liberals are not what they seem on the surface. Surely not? Could that be?

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20902
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I said "I believe". This means what I am saying is from my perspective. It's not pushing it on anyone else or even asking others share my point of view. My point of view counts just as much as anyone elses point of view. If someone reads my posts and decides maybe they should stop and take a look around and form their own opinion the way I do then that's fine. If not, as you do, then that's fine too. I'm not trying to start a movement, I'm simply stating things from my perspective. I certainly don't think I am perfect. Far from it. I do notice that you are saying that someone such as myself doesn't fit into your "diverse" world, that I could be left behind if I don't change my way of thinking. Could you give me the liberal definition of diversity? I looked diversity up in the dictionary and I found this:
"The fact or quality of being diverse; difference.
A point or respect in which things differ.
Variety or multiformity"
Seems to me that I would fit that definition of diversity. That I would be included. Does the __________


. Please name all the people in the shoot (full names)

. Please explain the package you would like, an the amount of desired pictures

. What are your desired date/times (slt) for your shoot, pleasebe aware we open from 1-5pmslt (officially, except fridays)

. What are your interests within SL

. What are your RL interests.

.
mean that one has to be liberal to be diverse? If we are supposed to be diverse, why should I be left behind? Is the liberal diverse world smaller than other worlds where only a select few "diverse" individuals may enter. To be a part of such an accepting party you sure are exclusive. Maybe liberals are not what they seem on the surface. Surely not? Could that be?
You need to decide which side of the fence you are on. Conservatives are not friends with diversity.

Btw-as far as I know the definition of "diverse" for liberals is the same as any one else.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20903
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I said "I believe". This means what I am saying is from my perspective. It's not pushing it on anyone else or even asking others share my point of view. My point of view counts just as much as anyone elses point of view. If someone reads my posts and decides maybe they should stop and take a look around and form their own opinion the way I do then that's fine. If not, as you do, then that's fine too. I'm not trying to start a movement, I'm simply stating things from my perspective. I certainly don't think I am perfect. Far from it. I do notice that you are saying that someone such as myself doesn't fit into your "diverse" world, that I could be left behind if I don't change my way of thinking. Could you give me the liberal definition of diversity? I looked diversity up in the dictionary and I found this:
"The fact or quality of being diverse; difference.
A point or respect in which things differ.
Variety or multiformity"
Seems to me that I would fit that definition of diversity. That I would be included. Does the liberal definition mean that one has to be liberal to be diverse? If we are supposed to be diverse, why should I be left behind? Is the liberal diverse world smaller than other worlds where only a select few "diverse" individuals may enter. To be a part of such an accepting party you sure are exclusive. Maybe liberals are not what they seem on the surface. Surely not? Could that be?
You need to decide which side of the fence you are on. Conservatives are not friends with diversity.

BTW -as far as I know the definition of "diverse" is the same for liberals as it is for any one else.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20905
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Old Army wrote:
As usual, Barney resorts to name calling and blaming Fox News. Redd, he is "keeping up your good fight".
resorts"

No, not resorting OA, simply stating facts about imbeciles and Fox News faithful.

BTW- ant time you think you want a piece of the good fight bring it on, I noticed you have been semi absent, must have got a taste of that fight and new when to quit........




Dear Abby

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20906
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dear Abby,





My husband has a long record of money problems. He runs up huge credit-card

bills and at the end of the month, if I try to pay them off, he shouts at

me, saying I am stealing his money. He says pay the minimum and let our kids

worry about the rest, but already we can hardly keep up with the interest.

Also he has been so arrogant and abusive toward our neighbors that most of

them no longer speak to us. The few that do are an odd bunch, to whom he has

been giving a lot of expensive gifts, running up our bills even more. Also,

he has gotten religious. One week he hangs out with Catholics and the next

with people who say the Pope is the Anti-Christ, and the next he's with

Muslims.. Finally, the last straw. He's demanding that before anyone can be

in the same room with him, they must sign a loyalty oath. It's just so

horribly creepy! Can you help?



Signed, Lost









Dear Lost,



Suck it up and stop whining, Michelle. You're getting to live in the White

House for free, travel the world, and have others pay for everything for

you. You can divorce the jerk any time you want. The rest of us are stuck

with the idiot for 4 more years.



Signed, Abby



dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20907
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Head Start Program is a program of the United States Department of Health and Human Services that provides comprehensive education, health, nutrition, and parent involvement services to low-income children and their families."
Thank you for telling me about what the Head Start Program is. It wasn't necessary though, as I am fully aware of what it is.
Tell me, do you really think people need a government program to teach people how to raise their kids properly if they are poor? Is there a problem with the elderly people who grew up poor and never had this program at their disposal?
Do you cheer when you walk into a bathroom and see the poster on the wall that explains in detail the proper way to wash your hands, with a phone number to call at the bottom if you don't fully understand?
BTW, I hardly ever watch Fox News. I saw nothing on that channel about this program. I will always maintain the best upbringing any child can have is Mommy at home teaching and nurturing; not throwing kids at strangers for half a day.
If I had kids, they would have likely been homeschooled. Though I went to a public school, my Mom stayed home with her children throughout the years. We never went to any programs as babies and we turned out fine.
for single parents of low income paying jobs that work and would rather send their kid to an early educational program, than pay for a babysitter when they are of age, and are eligible is far better for the parent and childs life and alot better for the parents wallet. there are many improvements that need to be made not only to the headstart progra but to all entitlements to help keep them solvent and more efficient.
new to area

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20908
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

sounds like u people need to get a life and a job
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20909
Jan 19, 2013
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"we as a nation got ourself into this debt so we have to pull together and get out not by putting it on one person"
No, >WE< did NOT get ourselves into this mess!
THEY got THEMSELVES into a mess with THEIR spending!
I live on a tight budget and must sacrifice because I can't spend money I don't yet have. I will NOT pay for someone else to be irresponsible when I am expected to be.
And I am against ANY politician who votes to raise the debt ceiling.
lol you truely don't understand do you? we are americans and we stick together. we elect representatives to speak for us. when we go to war we don't just put them on credit cards we help out by having the people do what they can here to support the war, but it seems that people like you and others have forgot this. the defense budget does not account for 2 expensive wars waged at one time. and what are they spending money on exactly? spending spending spending, but on what? and if you do not know what the debt ceiling is then do not say you will denounce any politician who votes for it. those bills were passed a year in advance that took spening that has to be paid at the end of the year. granted that laws should not be put on a credit card, but they have been for decades, and politicians have been finding ways to offset spending for decades. Until recently when you have back to back lame duck congresses who do not compromise but instead use fear mongoring tactics and stalemates along with talks of government shutdowns. Then again, these tactics have been used before , but with less cynicism, and not as much "scare". there are some that reside in the house of representatives that are far more out of their minds than gingrich and others that have tried BS like this before, gingrich even implied so himself!
Tired of Lies

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20910
Jan 19, 2013
 
new to area wrote:
sounds like u people need to get a life and a job
Barney has a job, two nights a week, was employee of the week back in '08. It isn't much of a life but he really is at a disadvantage, government assistance doesn't go as far as it used to. I wouldn't want my son to date him but in Redd's book, he a swell fellow.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20911
Jan 19, 2013
 
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL REGULATED MILITIA means regulated by the PEOPLE, NOT the government. The second amendment was written to prevent the government from having too much power! Read the words of our founders on this issue!
"unless your preparing to be invaded by terrorist or the mob or a rival gang you have NO use for ANY firearm that holds more than 7 rounds."
I'll bet you said, "unless your preparing to be invaded by terrorist or the mob or a rival gang you have NO use for ANY firearm that holds more than 10 rounds" when they made the limit 10, didn't you! LMAO
Talk about being easily brainwashed!!!! I hope you have no contact with Charlie!!
BTW, I don't have any clue WHAT the scenerio could be, but it's my gun, my clip, my choice!! Even if the clip holds 10,000 rounds, nobody has anything to worry about if they aren't a threat to me.
"WHAT lady are you talking about?"
The lady in this story. Notice the guy didn't steal anything and leave....he looked for the woman and her two daughters......WHY? Note also, she ran out of bullets....
What if there had been two men?
And you want us to have fewer bullets? Get screwed!
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-hi...
But the man eventually found the family.
"The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he's staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver," Chapman told Channel 2s Kerry Kavanaugh.
The woman then shot him five times, but he survived, Chapman said. He said the woman ran out of bullets but threatened to shoot the intruder if he moved.
LOL no kidding, i believe when around 60% of the country is in favor of these gun laws, then it is the people and the government has spoken and will speak for them. that is what we send them their for and that is what they are supposed to do. Why don't we just paste the rest of that story.

"The woman then shot him five times, but he survived, Chapman said. He said the woman ran out of bullets but threatened to shoot the intruder if he moved.

"She's standing over him, and she realizes she's fired all six rounds. And the guy's telling her to quit shooting," Chapman said."

Now this clearly shows that this lady has probably never fired a gun let alone this gun before, but has kept it for emergencies. This is a .38 revolver she was using and missed 1 of the 6 times and managed to miss hitting close to every major organ and artery.The pressure alone is enough to stop functioning of major organs if fired to kill. If you are going to own or carry a gun then you need to be well prepared on how to use it. If she had 6 shots to begin with and 2 guys would have been there then guess what she better be smart enough to empty a few into each one. If she would have actually practiced and used the gun on a weekly basis then i guarantee the guy would not have survived. If you need 10,000 rounds to kill anything your shooting at then you do not deserve the right to own a gun.

"My wife is a hero. She protected her kids. She did what she was supposed to do as responsible, prepared gun owner."

This lady had no clue on how to be a responsible prepared gun owner. She was LUCKY that her husband kept a loaded gun in the house and that she knew how to flip off the safety and squeeze the trigger, put a gun that is not a revolver in her hand and i bet she would of had difficulty. I am glad that she was able to defend herself and her children, but with no practice in firing a firearm or no gun safety course or being taught strict gun safety measures at home, you are just as dangerous with a gun than you are a help , not only to yourself but to others as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best new name for Pochontas 1 hr Guest 35
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 3 hr Ancient DoDo 9,868
Flattered 3 hr Who 2
I said it!! 4 hr JJJ 22
why are all the hot guys in this town gay? =( (Jul '10) 4 hr turty 15
Party Poppers (Oct '10) 11 hr Questions 69
Red Golden Retriever on Heather Lane 12 hr ridiculous 8
factory closing 12 hr yoga bear 8
current river drowning 17 hr Dirty laundry 7
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pocahontas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pocahontas
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••