No

Other (explain below)

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#20845 Jan 17, 2013
Drugstore Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
My 9 MM holds 15, my shot gun holds 5, my wife's 22 holds 9, my speed-loader holds 18..not disputing your logic, but anybody surviving 5 rounds of no.4 steel shot is a pretty tough customer. Besides, I not too hip on killing my neighbors by spraying 30 rounds of .223 around the hood.
There are alot of us who don't have neighbors close enough to get hit by anything.
What good is seven rounds when two or three big guys are coming up the stairs? Even if they get killed, they may survive long enough to do some damage.
Chit Mon

Earle, AR

#20846 Jan 17, 2013
Drugstore Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
My 9 MM holds 15, my shot gun holds 5, my wife's 22 holds 9, my speed-loader holds 18..not disputing your logic, but anybody surviving 5 rounds of no.4 steel shot is a pretty tough customer. Besides, I not too hip on killing my neighbors by spraying 30 rounds of .223 around the hood.
I agree with this voice. Lots of us are talking like we're going to war and need to arm ourselves as if in Afghan; we're sounding like blowhards who weren't gutsy enough to head to Afghan with those who truly are brave. All this endless BS about absolutely NEEDING hi-cap mags just in case 35 Narco Cartel thugs are banging on our doors, and what if we get in a protracted gun battle with three thugs out on the streets and we've only got four 10-rd clips? What will we do? Well, we might stop watching those damned warfare, assault and attack video games, that's the first thing. The second is to carry for defensive purposes only, quit talking like freelance soldiers and do everything possible always to avoid or exit scenarios that either don't look or feel right. The best shot you could possibly take is the one you never have to take. I carry a 10-rd 9mm because it's an easy carry, has never malfunctioned on any of the first 1000 rounds, and it cleans easily. Sometimes I'll carry something far more powerful. I practice a lot; ammo is expensive. I don't leave home with an attitude nor do I look for confrontation of any sort; I'll walk away first, but if it should suddenly come my way ... that's why I'm licensed.

Washington DC

#20847 Jan 17, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are alot of us who don't have neighbors close enough to get hit by anything.
What good is seven rounds when two or three big guys are coming up the stairs? Even if they get killed, they may survive long enough to do some damage.
That is the part where you stand at the top of the stairs and say.

Go ahead punk, make my day!

Make it four or five guys, that would be even more exciting.

Reality Check

Mountain Pine, AR

#20848 Jan 17, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is not the way I see it at all.
This is what I see,
folks living in areas of high employment scraping by on UE money, lacking the resources to relocate for employment, and some self righteous idiots calling those people lazy.
So the next you want to quote "what I see", you can start with this.
That's funny, I never said anyone was lazy. I said that we all have lazy tendencies and that's a fact. For example, if a person works at their job for however many years and builds up a couple of weeks vacation and they take that vacation. At the end of the vacation the person says "Man, I don't want to go back to work". Why do you think that is? What do you think would happen if the person were allowed to take a 5 year paid vacation? How ready do you think that person would be to go back to work after 5 years? Why do you think jobs with the most paid time off are the most attractive? Why do you think jobs that give perks that their employees don't have to pay for out of their salary are the most sought after? Why do those jobs advertise those perks and not how satisfying the work is? People have to work at not being lazy. The more you work at it the easier it is to not be lazy. The less you work at it, the more apt a person is to be lazy. It may not fit your "It's not your fault your life didn't turn out so great" liberal way of thinking but that's the way it is. Your post simply twisted my words to demonize me and make people see the quote in a way you want them to see it and not the way it was actually typed. Don't worry, I expect it.

Washington DC

#20849 Jan 17, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, I never said anyone was lazy. I said that we all have lazy tendencies and that's a fact. For example, if a person works at their job for however many years and builds up a couple of weeks vacation and they take that vacation. At the end of the vacation the person says "Man, I don't want to go back to work". Why do you think that is? What do you think would happen if the person were allowed to take a 5 year paid vacation? How ready do you think that person would be to go back to work after 5 years? Why do you think jobs with the most paid time off are the most attractive? Why do you think jobs that give perks that their employees don't have to pay for out of their salary are the most sought after? Why do those jobs advertise those perks and not how satisfying the work is? People have to work at not being lazy. The more you work at it the easier it is to not be lazy. The less you work at it, the more apt a person is to be lazy. It may not fit your "It's not your fault your life didn't turn out so great" liberal way of thinking but that's the way it is. Your post simply twisted my words to demonize me and make people see the quote in a way you want them to see it and not the way it was actually typed. Don't worry, I expect it.
I never said you did, actually I fully expected such a response from you. That is why I said,

"some self righteous idiots calling those people lazy"

to see if you would include yourself in those who do, did not have to wait long did I?

You "demonize" yourself with your own words.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#20850 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>
How about loving, teaching and nurturing your own babies, toddlers and small children as the revision that needs to happen?
Oh, sorry, I forgot, get them at a young age and they are easier to brainwash and indoctrinate.
if your a responsible loving parent your going to do those things anyways, do you even know what head start is? i think not. The Head Start Program is a program of the United States Department of Health and Human Services that provides comprehensive education, health, nutrition, and parent involvement services to low-income children and their families. The program's services and resources are designed to foster stable family relationships, enhance children’s physical and emotional well-being, and establish an environment to develop strong cognitive skills. that is not considered brainwashing as perfect examples have been illustrated by fox news so by all means feel free to watch that joke of a news channel if you wish to be brainwashed. if you do not wish to have your kids or grandkids brainwashed then by all means HOMESCHOOL them as well. if headstart is not good enough for your child then no public education should be, and i would rather not pay for someone who thinks the way you do than have their kids go to public schools;which yours probably did, and then complain about the services and come up with conspiracies that if your kid goes to a public school then they are being brainwashed. before you think the government is against you why don't you actually learn how it works and how much it has probably HELPED you, your family, and friends OUT, instead of comming up with wild conspiracies and using thoughtless fearmongoring to express and impose your beliefs and opinion, despite the facts, onto others with no reliable information to support your thesis.

Washington DC

#20851 Jan 17, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>

That's funny, I never said anyone was lazy.
Are you sure?

Reality Check

Judge it!
Wednesday

Fact: It doesn't take almost 2 years to find a job if you are not lazy
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#20852 Jan 17, 2013
guess wrote:
Hey Don't know nothing since you seem to want to act like an expert to everyone and get on to everybody, I have a question for you do you have your head up obama's butt or you his little puppy dog that's following him around. For starters i'm not talking about democrats or republicans this is about a president who has radical ideas and FYI it was his radical spending plan agendas he is having congress to pass and yes he is at fault. Now democrats are wanting to give obama no debt limit and do away the debt ceiling. Giving obama a blank check is a receipe for disaster. Apparently you didn't pay attention yesterday to his announcement he wants to spend another 500 million for gun control, money this nation does not have we are broke period. All obama wants to do is spend money that ain't his. And yesterday he trampled all over the constitution and this is a start to getting the guns. And by the way he overstepped his way in one of executive orders in telling the doctors they have to ask their patients if that own a gun then report them if they do. It's in there you need to read it for yourself. I think all of us on here can agree on some things. I say we ask you since you seem to be all for obama i got some things you can do. For starters since you seem to be ok with all his spending, why don't we just let him know that he can send you the bill for the national debt 16.4 trillion we are sure you love to pay the bill. Since it seems that you are against guns why don't you ahead and hand yours in. I'm sure a baseball will be ok for you, especially if a criminal breaks in on you and he's got a gun, I'm sure you can handle him. One other thing why don't you hang a sign on your house and tell all the criminals that your house is a gun free zone, I'm pretty sure they would love that. You have proved to me and all others you really don't know nothing. It's time to do some reading and learn something.
your first statment sounds like first grade drama to me and i will allow that to slide. as for your "spending plan agendas", i would like to know precisely what the president has put forward single handily that has added these crazy amounts of debt to our deficit and be specific.who cares about 500 Million added to trillion dollar deficits if it helps save lives? are you not willing to pay an extra 2 cents to save a childs life? "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does Not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes." yah it's in there alright about number 16 out of 23 executive orders given by the president and proves just how truely ignorant you are. and i'm tired of hearing about this giving into the debt ceiling BS. we raised the debt ceiling 18 times under Reagan and 7 times under bush, so why is there all of a sudden this huge dissagreement about paying for laws that were enacted the PRIOR year? it is because people like you and the republican held house that believe the same BS that Mcveigh did and commiting treason in the process. and you really should comprehend a little better. 1. we as a nation got ourself into this debt so we have to pull together and get out not by putting it on one person 2. the law says assault weapons and will keep any prexisting guns before the enacted law so get it straight, it says nothing about shotguns, bolt action, lever action, or handguns. so still if some ignorant ass wants to come in my home i will gladly ablige him or her with a 44. mag and make it very clear they are not welcome. lol and i love how you changed it to know nothing instead of don't know nothing. i must give you cudos on not making the same ignorant mistake of misinterpreting the meaning of my post name. but other than that you are just as ignorant as every redneck hillbilly inbread word that comes out of that low life hole you call a mouth.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#20853 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>
"and your answer for your STRONG defending of the mentally unstable and ex-cons or criminals to own guns is hell NO they don't deserve the right to own a gun, and YES they are considered different poeple to the american populous."
The American populous needs to read the CONSTITUTION! It says "Shall NOT be infringed."
I did not "defend" the mentally unstable. I said who is a danger to society could be debated. Who is one human to determine another should have their right to self-defense removed?
Give Charles Manson a gun. I don't care. When he breaks into someones house, they shoot him. That's how this self-defense thing works.
Yeah, limit all clips to 7 rounds and see how well that works. Let's hope that all home invasions are only done by one person and that the homeowner is a damn good shot. The lady that shot the intruder in her home shot him 5 times and he was still moving. What if there were two men?
Limiting the number of rounds means people will want, need and ultimately have more guns. Seven rounds just doesn't cut it when you don't know what the scenerio will be or how many people you could be dealing with.
"As passed by the Congress:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."again there is your 2nd amendment and again a WELL REGULATED MILITIA is what we are achieveing by incorporating laws that clarify a statement that has no clear definition of the word firearm and does not clarify anything on mental health nor ex-cons or criminals. and the study of psychology determines who we interpret as mentally unfit and those that use that study are simply doing what has been pre determined through reliable research and what has been accepted as our definition and teachings. what you are implying is the same thing that if a doctor goes to school and learns how to perform procedures that determine illness should also be taken into speculation. WHAT A JOKE! if a doctor determines you have cancer and tells you, you inturn do not look at the doctor and say no i do not.well in all reality you don't have to give charles manson a gun and have him break into someones house because he will just brainwash people into doing it for him since he was not directly involved in the murdering of anyone. and let me tell you unless your preparing to be invaded by terrorist or the mob or a rival gang you have NO use for ANY firearm that holds more than 7 rounds. and just WHAT lady are you talking about and be specific, and i bet that same lady did not use an assault rifle to get the job done either did she? yah i know that you Tim Mcveigh guys would love to start another civil war but i'm hear to tell you that your crazy ignorance is not going unnoticed and will soon be put into law against such crazy thinking.
Drugstore Cowboy

Little Rock, AR

#20854 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Then fire away.
Cecil

Norman, OK

#20855 Jan 18, 2013
I sure did and he's still in there pity site to see.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20856 Jan 18, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not slamming you but, I think that by you're being pretty much self-employed you might not have a insiders knowledge into the work ethic of most blue collar workers.

My experience, covering over forty years in the workplace, most work hard and then play hard when off and take pride in providing a decent living for their families. Sure there's always going to be slackers, they exist in every profession, in every trade.

Seldom are slackers well thought of, seldom do they gain the confidence of of the hard working majority....that's why so many of them worm their way into lower management, they are the stooges that offset their laziness by becoming sycophants.

SE Michigan

#20857 Jan 18, 2013
Chit Mon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with this voice. Lots of us are talking like we're going to war and need to arm ourselves as if in Afghan; we're sounding like blowhards who weren't gutsy enough to head to Afghan with those who truly are brave. All this endless BS about absolutely NEEDING hi-cap mags just in case 35 Narco Cartel thugs are banging on our doors, and what if we get in a protracted gun battle with three thugs out on the streets and we've only got four 10-rd clips? What will we do? Well, we might stop watching those damned warfare, assault and attack video games, that's the first thing. The second is to carry for defensive purposes only, quit talking like freelance soldiers and do everything possible always to avoid or exit scenarios that either don't look or feel right. The best shot you could possibly take is the one you never have to take. I carry a 10-rd 9mm because it's an easy carry, has never malfunctioned on any of the first 1000 rounds, and it cleans easily. Sometimes I'll carry something far more powerful. I practice a lot; ammo is expensive. I don't leave home with an attitude nor do I look for confrontation of any sort; I'll walk away first, but if it should suddenly come my way ... that's why I'm licensed.
"All this endless BS about absolutely NEEDING hi-cap mags just in case......"
....is our individual choice.

"I carry a 10-rd 9mm because it's an easy carry, has never malfunctioned on any of the first 1000 rounds, and it cleans easily. Sometimes I'll carry something far more powerful."
Good for you! You made YOUR choice for YOUR reasons. That's called FREEDOM.

A quick Google search of 'Gang beats man to death' popped up 157 million hits. I only posted the first four. Interestly, they occured in gun-free areas.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/3-ch...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2000/jun/19/race...

http://www.thelocal.de/national/20121015-4556...

http://www.bahamaspress.com/2012/10/28/gang-b...

SE Michigan

#20858 Jan 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it would be exciting.......... if it was a movie set.

SE Michigan

#20859 Jan 18, 2013
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>if your a responsible loving parent your going to do those things anyways, do you even know what head start is? i think not. The Head Start Program is a program of the United States Department of Health and Human Services that provides comprehensive education, health, nutrition, and parent involvement services to low-income children and their families. The program's services and resources are designed to foster stable family relationships, enhance children’s physical and emotional well-being, and establish an environment to develop strong cognitive skills. that is not considered brainwashing as perfect examples have been illustrated by fox news so by all means feel free to watch that joke of a news channel if you wish to be brainwashed. if you do not wish to have your kids or grandkids brainwashed then by all means HOMESCHOOL them as well. if headstart is not good enough for your child then no public education should be, and i would rather not pay for someone who thinks the way you do than have their kids go to public schools;which yours probably did, and then complain about the services and come up with conspiracies that if your kid goes to a public school then they are being brainwashed. before you think the government is against you why don't you actually learn how it works and how much it has probably HELPED you, your family, and friends OUT, instead of comming up with wild conspiracies and using thoughtless fearmongoring to express and impose your beliefs and opinion, despite the facts, onto others with no reliable information to support your thesis.
"The Head Start Program is a program of the United States Department of Health and Human Services that provides comprehensive education, health, nutrition, and parent involvement services to low-income children and their families."
Thank you for telling me about what the Head Start Program is. It wasn't necessary though, as I am fully aware of what it is.

Tell me, do you really think people need a government program to teach people how to raise their kids properly if they are poor? Is there a problem with the elderly people who grew up poor and never had this program at their disposal?

Do you cheer when you walk into a bathroom and see the poster on the wall that explains in detail the proper way to wash your hands, with a phone number to call at the bottom if you don't fully understand?

BTW, I hardly ever watch Fox News. I saw nothing on that channel about this program. I will always maintain the best upbringing any child can have is Mommy at home teaching and nurturing; not throwing kids at strangers for half a day.

If I had kids, they would have likely been homeschooled. Though I went to a public school, my Mom stayed home with her children throughout the years. We never went to any programs as babies and we turned out fine.

SE Michigan

#20860 Jan 18, 2013
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>your first statment sounds like first grade drama to me and i will allow that to slide. as for your "spending plan agendas", i would like to know precisely what the president has put forward single handily that has added these crazy amounts of debt to our deficit and be specific.who cares about 500 Million added to trillion dollar deficits if it helps save lives? are you not willing to pay an extra 2 cents to save a childs life? "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does Not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes." yah it's in there alright about number 16 out of 23 executive orders given by the president and proves just how truely ignorant you are. and i'm tired of hearing about this giving into the debt ceiling BS. we raised the debt ceiling 18 times under Reagan and 7 times under bush, so why is there all of a sudden this huge dissagreement about paying for laws that were enacted the PRIOR year? it is because people like you and the republican held house that believe the same BS that Mcveigh did and commiting treason in the process. and you really should comprehend a little better. 1. we as a nation got ourself into this debt so we have to pull together and get out not by putting it on one person 2. the law says assault weapons and will keep any prexisting guns before the enacted law so get it straight, it says nothing about shotguns, bolt action, lever action, or handguns. so still if some ignorant ass wants to come in my home i will gladly ablige him or her with a 44. mag and make it very clear they are not welcome. lol and i love how you changed it to know nothing instead of don't know nothing. i must give you cudos on not making the same ignorant mistake of misinterpreting the meaning of my post name. but other than that you are just as ignorant as every redneck hillbilly inbread word that comes out of that low life hole you call a mouth.
"we as a nation got ourself into this debt so we have to pull together and get out not by putting it on one person"

No, >WE< did NOT get ourselves into this mess!
THEY got THEMSELVES into a mess with THEIR spending!

I live on a tight budget and must sacrifice because I can't spend money I don't yet have. I will NOT pay for someone else to be irresponsible when I am expected to be.

And I am against ANY politician who votes to raise the debt ceiling.

SE Michigan

#20861 Jan 18, 2013
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>"As passed by the Congress:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."again there is your 2nd amendment and again a WELL REGULATED MILITIA is what we are achieveing by incorporating laws that clarify a statement that has no clear definition of the word firearm and does not clarify anything on mental health nor ex-cons or criminals. and the study of psychology determines who we interpret as mentally unfit and those that use that study are simply doing what has been pre determined through reliable research and what has been accepted as our definition and teachings. what you are implying is the same thing that if a doctor goes to school and learns how to perform procedures that determine illness should also be taken into speculation. WHAT A JOKE! if a doctor determines you have cancer and tells you, you inturn do not look at the doctor and say no i do not.well in all reality you don't have to give charles manson a gun and have him break into someones house because he will just brainwash people into doing it for him since he was not directly involved in the murdering of anyone. and let me tell you unless your preparing to be invaded by terrorist or the mob or a rival gang you have NO use for ANY firearm that holds more than 7 rounds. and just WHAT lady are you talking about and be specific, and i bet that same lady did not use an assault rifle to get the job done either did she? yah i know that you Tim Mcveigh guys would love to start another civil war but i'm hear to tell you that your crazy ignorance is not going unnoticed and will soon be put into law against such crazy thinking.
WELL REGULATED MILITIA means regulated by the PEOPLE, NOT the government. The second amendment was written to prevent the government from having too much power! Read the words of our founders on this issue!

"unless your preparing to be invaded by terrorist or the mob or a rival gang you have NO use for ANY firearm that holds more than 7 rounds."
I'll bet you said, "unless your preparing to be invaded by terrorist or the mob or a rival gang you have NO use for ANY firearm that holds more than 10 rounds" when they made the limit 10, didn't you! LMAO
Talk about being easily brainwashed!!!! I hope you have no contact with Charlie!!

BTW, I don't have any clue WHAT the scenerio could be, but it's my gun, my clip, my choice!! Even if the clip holds 10,000 rounds, nobody has anything to worry about if they aren't a threat to me.

"WHAT lady are you talking about?"
The lady in this story. Notice the guy didn't steal anything and leave....he looked for the woman and her two daughters......WHY? Note also, she ran out of bullets....
What if there had been two men?

And you want us to have fewer bullets? Get screwed!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-hi...

But the man eventually found the family.

"The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he's staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver," Chapman told Channel 2’s Kerry Kavanaugh.

The woman then shot him five times, but he survived, Chapman said. He said the woman ran out of bullets but threatened to shoot the intruder if he moved.
Post Turtle

Hardy, AR

#20862 Jan 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Now We Know – It’s the Door!

Thankfully someone has tracked down the cause of this terrible malady. Whew! What a relief to learn this.

Ever walk into a room with some purpose in mind, only to completely forget what that purpose was? Turns out, doors themselves are to blame for these strange memory lapses.

Psychologists at the University of Notre Dame have discovered that passing through a doorway triggers what's known as an event boundary in the mind, separating one set of thoughts and memories from the next. Your brain files away the thoughts you had in the previous room and prepares a blank slate for the new locale.

It's not aging, it's the damn door!

Thank goodness for studies like this!

Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#20863 Jan 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you did, actually I fully expected such a response from you. That is why I said,
"some self righteous idiots calling those people lazy"
to see if you would include yourself in those who do, did not have to wait long did I?
You "demonize" yourself with your own words.
Only a liberal would see it that way. You will slant any truth and distort any information to fit into your ideological box of thinking. Like I have said before and you continue to prove over and over, there is no level liberals won't stoop to get what they want. To get one class of people to hate another for no better reason than to gain power and push an agenda that, if displayed out in the open, would never be accepted. Now you were just simply displaying a characteristic of this tactic. You weren't trying to get anyone to hate anyone. You were just trying to make yourself feel better about your obviously wrong position. If that makes you happy then go right ahead. It doesn't change the fact that the situation is what it is reguardless of how you twist words and intentions. You can take heart that there are many who have been manipulated by these tactics into thinking they share your views as was shown on November 6, 2012.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#20864 Jan 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure?
Reality Check
Judge it!
Wednesday
Fact: It doesn't take almost 2 years to find a job if you are not lazy
Who did I call lazy? I didn't say there was no such thing as laziness. I said I didn't call anyone lazy, and I didn't. If I were to say "that Barney guy is lazy", that would qualify as calling someone lazy. You are plenty adept enough at the English language to know the difference but that liberal ideology keeps getting in the way. It causes you put words in someones mouth or expanding the meaning of their comments to mean something not intended in order to demonize someone. That is a fault you would do well to get rid of. I must warn you that it will mean droping your liberal ideology. You are so infected with liberalism that I'm not sure you could survive the cleansing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State prison in Randolph County (Aug '09) 1 hr Just Me 82
second chance 6 hr guest 23
Pocahontas City Attorney & $73,060 he stole 9 hr Hopeful 13
eric bibb 14 hr Naughty 5
Satan's Craziest New Trend: WICCA (Apr '11) 17 hr guest 31
Minimum Wage . Raise or not ? Sun Yes No Maybe 19
Dogs running loose Sun Poky Gal 2
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match

Pocahontas Jobs