Did you vote today?

Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,258 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

All Kmowing

Jonesboro, AR

#20752 Jan 15, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Or worse...WORK!
We all know that is not going to happen
what

Dallas, TX

#20753 Jan 15, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is some real truth, tell me how you like it?
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/layof...
"real truth" instead of the "fake truth" you normally amuse us with. At least you're starting to learn the difference.
Yep

Little Rock, AR

#20756 Jan 15, 2013
No truth in politics!
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20757 Jan 15, 2013
Guest wrote:
It means old Redds ass is getting less!!
Don't worry about old Redd he will get by. All he needs is little cigarette and golf ball money, the rest is taken care of.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20758 Jan 15, 2013
guess wrote:
<quoted text>The real reason why poeple on unemployment and welfare will never get a job, why would they when obama refuses to limit what they get and how long. Weither you like it or not this is true. No one will go a get a job if your government it giving them money to live on. Until their money it cut off they will never get a job. The biggest majority of that group is lasy. Call it what you want but that's the honest truth. Some people just don't want to face he truth. You are one of them that won't admit the truth.
I did not know that, Damn, and here I thought welfare kings and queens existed before 2008.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#20759 Jan 15, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>"real truth" instead of the "fake truth" you normally amuse us with. At least you're starting to learn the difference.


The "real truth" as opposed to a FAKE letter that these folks beleive is real.

Oh sorry, you are one of them aren't you, one of those who have not

"learn the difference" ?



same ole same ole

United States

#20760 Jan 15, 2013
Hope pple see through the democrats blaming everything on the other party. If they can get the american pple to vote out the repubs they can have free legislation for the last 2 years .
hello

United States

#20761 Jan 15, 2013
People need to wake up for our kids sake

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#20762 Jan 15, 2013
guess wrote:
<quoted text>The real reason why poeple on unemployment and welfare will never get a job, why would they when obama refuses to limit what they get and how long. Weither you like it or not this is true. No one will go a get a job if your government it giving them money to live on. Until their money it cut off they will never get a job. The biggest majority of that group is lasy. Call it what you want but that's the honest truth. Some people just don't want to face he truth. You are one of them that won't admit the truth.
"Weither you like it or not this is true"

OH no, it is not true.

Fact: Earlier this year, Republicans pushed for fewer weeks, and got them: Congress reduced the maximum duration of state and federal benefits from 99 to 73 weeks. Only nine states have high enough unemployment rates to qualify for the full duration, and as their rates decline so will the number of weeks of benefits.

Fact: In recessions since World War II Congress has generally added extra weeks of benefits

Fact: The Congressional Budget Office says keeping the UE benefits through next year buys some 300,000 jobs and increases economic growth.
blue collar guy

Lilburn, GA

#20763 Jan 15, 2013
Guest wrote:
Republicans are losing there hold if they don't do something soon there will be no Republican Party
can't happen soon enough!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#20764 Jan 15, 2013
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about old Redd he will get by. All he needs is little cigarette and golf ball money, the rest is taken care of.
Yep, next time your at Turkey Mt. I have a friend who has a golf car in the shed, if YA need a ride.
sally

Oklahoma City, OK

#20765 Jan 15, 2013
Summer wrote:
If you don't vote then you don't have the rite to complain. Plain and simple!!
True so true

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#20766 Jan 15, 2013
guess wrote:
<quoted text>I still believe it's a mistake having obama as president. You might what to pay attention tomorrow, King(or that what he believes he is) obama will try to force on all of us, his ideas of gun control. And i promise you it ain't going to be good.
This was worse!

Sandy Hook

Veronique told me that Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy visited her in the funeral home, and she brought him to see Noah’s open casket. I asked her why it was important for her and for the governor to see Noah’s body.“I needed it to have a face for him,” she said.“If there is ever a piece of legislation that comes across his desk, I needed it to be real for him.”

Then, unprompted by me, Veronique described what she saw:“We all saw how beautiful he was. He had thick, shiny hair, beautiful long eyelashes that rested on his cheeks. He looked like he was sleeping. But the reality of it was under the cloth he had covering his mouth there was no mouth left. His jaw was blown away. I just want people to know the ugliness of it so we don’t talk about it abstractly, like these little angels just went to heaven. No. They were butchered. They were brutalized. And that is what haunts me at night.”

Read more: http://blogs.forward.com/forward-thinking/168...
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20771 Jan 16, 2013
guess wrote:
<quoted text>You know the world does have enough smartbutts it doesn't need one more.
You're "behind" the times, I've been a smartass since 1946.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20772 Jan 16, 2013
guess wrote:
<quoted text>Get real barney do you seriously think this is going to keep the guns out of the hands of the criminals hands if they want a gun gun they will get a gun. They will not let gun control stop them. Every criminals that commited a crime they didn't get their gun legally. Why should i have my rights as a law abiding citizen trampled on when our nation cannot control the criminals. If the president gets our hands on our guns and goes around congress you and all of us can kiss your freedom goodbye. You need to read about germany's history cause it's being repeated here. And those that forget history are doomed to repeat it. And i doubt you even know anything about WW1. Go find a history book. I think it's time you learned something beside politics.
...and if you think that present day America in any way resembles Germany in the 1930's you are completely delusional. First of all, we are not being ran by a pack of right-wing hatemongers, in fact, our present administration, while it may not perfect, represents the interests of all Americans, your theory, your vision doesn't.

It's funny to me just how often the history of Nazi Germany is thrown in this equation...by those apparently unaware of the actual facts surrounding the political atmosphere that produced Adolf Hitler.

Germany had lost WWI.

Germany had been burdened with staggering economic debt by the Allies after the war.

The Peace Treaty of Versailles had stolen the most prosperous industrial sections of Germany.

The Wiemar government was imposed by the Allies.

The Nationalist (Nazi's) formed a three million man paramilitary group of hooligans bent on destroying the current government and defeating the Communists.

The Wall Street collapse had crapped out economies all across the globe.

The Wiemar Republic had collapsed.

Hitler was selected as Chancellor of Germany, not elected, his Party never exceeding 33% of the electorate, because the economic powers that owned Germany thought they could control his actions.
Hitler then outlawed all other political Parties, burned the Reichstag, blamed it on the Communist.

Explain to me just how our current, freely elected system of government resembles Nazi Germany.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#20773 Jan 16, 2013
guess wrote:
<quoted text>You know the world does have enough smartbutts it doesn't need one more. But serious all kidding aside It's a shame that a nation this big and what used to a rich nation has more than half of it's people on welfare.
"has more than half"

Nope!

But the same could have been said of George W. Bush. In fact, the Census Bureau reported that in the third quarter of 2008, under Bush,“nearly half of U.S. residents live in households receiving government benefits.”

Back then, Census reported that 44.4 percent of Americans received some sort of government benefits. That has risen to 49 percent under Obama as of the most recent figures available, and much of that modest increase is due to the aging Baby Boom generation reaching retirement age.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/08/santorums-di...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#20774 Jan 16, 2013
guess wrote:
<quoted text>Barney you sound so smart but deep down you know nothing. Stop blaming everything on republicans. I hate to break it to you but it's both parties fault. Neither have a clue of what they are doing to our nation. The president and congress need to get the heads out of their butts and start repairing the damage they have done. All I hear out of their mouths is spend spend spend. And it's a shame that so many are on food stamps and welfare. Barney aren't you tired of them not doing their jobs and putting us in debt.
Hold on, it was you attacking the President that I issued a rebuttal to.

I just showed you what the Republicans had done to curtail the amount/time of UE benefits, you were complaining about.

Tell me, was that, "blaming everything on republicans"

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#20775 Jan 16, 2013
guess wrote:
<quoted text>Get real barney do you seriously think this is going to keep the guns out of the hands of the criminals hands if they want a gun gun they will get a gun. They will not let gun control stop them. Every criminals that commited a crime they didn't get their gun legally. Why should i have my rights as a law abiding citizen trampled on when our nation cannot control the criminals. If the president gets our hands on our guns and goes around congress you and all of us can kiss your freedom goodbye. You need to read about germany's history cause it's being repeated here. And those that forget history are doomed to repeat it. And i doubt you even know anything about WW1. Go find a history book. I think it's time you learned something beside politics.
Thank you for the invitation to "get real" of which, I gladly accept.

Not sure what you're meaning of "think this" is referring to, being Sandy Hook, was the subject of my post you were replying to.

It does not get any more real than that.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#20776 Jan 16, 2013
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
You're "behind" the times, I've been a smartass since 1946.
Two horse asses (Redd and Barney), doesn't make a horse. Two smartasses (Redd and Barney) makes a dumbass.
what

United States

#20777 Jan 16, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"has more than half"
Nope!
But the same could have been said of George W. Bush. In fact, the Census Bureau reported that in the third quarter of 2008, under Bush,“nearly half of U.S. residents live in households receiving government benefits.”
Back then, Census reported that 44.4 percent of Americans received some sort of government benefits. That has risen to 49 percent under Obama as of the most recent figures available, and much of that modest increase is due to the aging Baby Boom generation reaching retirement age.
http://www.factcheck.org/2012/08/santorums-di...
So what you're saying is that since liberals took over the government nearly half of the population is on the government dole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
T or A? 41 min No need for name 1
Swingers 56 min Lovely house wife 31
Red truck 1 hr MM GJ 1
Brian McMullin 6 hr kelter 3
mandy dollins 7 hr not sure 4
is Pocahontas a nice place 9 hr old timer 11
Toaster ovens 9 hr hongry 6
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]