Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Billy Bob wrote:
Sorry 4000 Americans dead.
Yes but Halliburton did quite well, and so did our Vice President.

"Cheney retired from the company during the 2000 U.S. presidential election campaign with a severance package worth $36 million. As of 2004, he had received $398,548 in deferred compensation from Halliburton while Vice President. Cheney was chairman and CEO of Halliburton Company from 1995 to 2000 and has received stock options from Halliburton"
"In the run-up to the Iraq war, Halliburton was awarded a $7 billion contract for which 'unusually' only Halliburton was allowed to bid."
"When the federal government awards a $7 Billion, effectively no-bid contract to a company which was run by the vice president JUST PRIOR to his taking office, for a war started under false pretenses."
"Essentially, Cheney pocketed MILLIONS of our tax dollars because of a war that HE RECOMMENDED!"
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text> First off im not a "lib" or a "repb" i don't think ether side is worth my vote. As for the WMD'S you cant prove he did have them after he used them but anyway your getting away from the point. And if you don't know what the point was its this... The invasion of Iraq was done on lies. There was no WMD'S then he(GW Bush)said there was nuclear stuff there(there wasn't) then he said it was to "liberate the people"(the people didn't want to be "liberated". But you were right on the 17 resolutions ill agree with you there. End result of this war was 400 Americans dead and a lot of allied forces dead too all done under lies from GW Bush. Funny thing is they impeached Bill Clinton about getting a blow job and GW Bush walked. God Bless America.....
Funny thing is Obama still has us over there.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Doesn't matter"
Tell that to any child whose Mom or Dad did not return alive from Iraq.
Tell that love one, Bush lied and people died, but it dose not matter.
Matter of a fact why don't you tell any ex-Marine, father, whose child that did not return,
"Doesn't matter what he wanted the weak minded people of the world to believe'
I bet you would only do it once.
I was there. I have forgotten more about the Middle East than you will ever know! Why is Obama continuing these wars that are killing our American boys and girls over there? Your hate and hypocricy show when talking about Bush but your super hero obama can do no wrong. You are a pathetic little man! I would say that to your face GUARANTEED!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
"Cheney retired from the company during the 2000 U.S. presidential election campaign with a severance package worth $36 million. As of 2004, he had received $398,548 in deferred compensation from Halliburton while Vice President. Cheney was chairman and CEO of Halliburton Company from 1995 to 2000 and has received stock options from Halliburton"
"In the run-up to the Iraq war, Halliburton was awarded a $7 billion contract for which 'unusually' only Halliburton was allowed to bid."
"When the federal government awards a $7 Billion, effectively no-bid contract to a company which was run by the vice president JUST PRIOR to his taking office, for a war started under false pretenses."
"Essentially, Cheney pocketed MILLIONS of our tax dollars because of a war that HE RECOMMENDED!"
Gore just made more money off of big oil than Cheney ever did! Liberal hypocricy cracks me up!
Billy Bob

Gravette, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep your 1005 right. And they say Obama is crooked. Amazing how people have short or selective memories.
Billy Bob

Gravette, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Gore just made more money off of big oil than Cheney ever did! Liberal hypocricy cracks me up!
"Liberal hypocrisy"???? Give me a brake...One side is as bad as the other. Take your blinders off.

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Guest wrote:
Did you know that the ducks fly upside down over Obamas whitehouse??? It's because there's nothing worth craping on below....LMFAO!!!
Good one. You heard about the names the Native Americans gave him; Walking Eagle. He's too full of crap to fly.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I was there. I have forgotten more about the Middle East than you will ever know! Why is Obama continuing these wars that are killing our American boys and girls over there? Your hate and hypocricy show when talking about Bush but your super hero obama can do no wrong. You are a pathetic little man! I would say that to your face GUARANTEED!
I bet you would only do it once,
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you would only do it once,
Once is all I would have to do it. You would cowar. Tell me why Obama still has our young men and women being killed in foreign lands? He has had 4 years to bring everybody home!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>"Liberal hypocrisy"???? Give me a brake...One side is as bad as the other. Take your blinders off.
Pick a side, stand for something or fall for anything.......
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Gore just made more money off of big oil than Cheney ever did! Liberal hypocricy cracks me up!
Cheney made his off the probable deaths of American soldiers, Gore made his off Qatar. Your "hypocricy" cracks me up!
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Once is all I would have to do it. You would cowar. Tell me why Obama still has our young men and women being killed in foreign lands? He has had 4 years to bring everybody home!
cowar?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheney made his off the probable deaths of American soldiers, Gore made his off Qatar. Your "hypocricy" cracks me up!
Qatar doesn't have blood on their hands. Tell me ONE company that can do what Haliburton can do? Tell me how much Cheney made and how he made it? You have no answers to any of these, just you lies and opinions!

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>typical overweight ignorant republican who thinks that more of those so called fries he's eating is a good thing lol ... if you cannot follow where the conversation is going then you have no business reading it ... do not take ridicule that should be placed on you and pass it onto someone else.. man up and accept some damn responsibility at least then you'll be doing about 80% more than all the other republicans.
Talking about responsibility, what about the trillions of debt your president has has heaped on us in his failed stimulus packages and failed solar powered energy debacles? He spends like he thinks he won't have to pay it back. No. Wait. He won't. WE, THE TAX PAYERS WILL HAVE TO PAY IT BACK. YOUR KIDS WILL HAVE TO PAY IT BACK.
Billy Bob

Gravette, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Pick a side, stand for something or fall for anything.......
I don't have to pick a side this is the USA. I have the freedom to do what i like polity.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
So now you think you are Glen Beck.

Gore is reported to gross about $70 million from the sale of his Current TV network to Al Jazeera.

Al Jazeera is closely held and gets some funding from the government of Qatar, a small country on the eastern side of the Arabian Peninsula that gets almost half of its gross domestic product from oil and gas, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

Now tell me, how that, translates to this;

"Gore just made more money off of big oil than Cheney ever did"

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Once is all I would have to do it. You would cowar. Tell me why Obama still has our young men and women being killed in foreign lands? He has had 4 years to bring everybody home!

Only one way to find to out for sure, BRING IT

If your physical abilities are as lacking as your mental abilities , I doubt would make anyone "cowar"

BTW, Its called completing the mission.

Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Qatar doesn't have blood on their hands. Tell me ONE company that can do what Haliburton can do? Tell me how much Cheney made and how he made it? You have no answers to any of these, just you lies and opinions!
Which side did Qatar fight on in the gulf war?
Which small gulf kingdom is a popular destination for tourists.
Which small gulf kingdom condemns the actions of Syria?
Which small gulf kingdom employs many Americans in their oil business and it's related industry?
Kellogg, Brown & Root.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

1. Early 1990s. Cheney, as Secretary of Defense, gives contracts to Halliburton to rebuild facilities in Kuwait that had been destroyed in the first Persian Gulf war.
2. Early 1990 to 1993. Cheney, as Secretary of Defense, commissions Halliburton to do a classified (secret) study concerning replacing the U.S. military's logistics by work done by private companies. Halliburton says, yes, a company can do the work. In August 1992, with essentially no bidding, Halliburton is selected by the US Army Corps of Engineers to do all work needed to support the military for the next five years! Thereafter, Halliburton (or its subsidiary KBR) and its military logistics business escalated rapidly. In the ten years thereafter revenues totaled $2.5 billion.
3. 1995-2000. Cheney is CEO of Halliburton. Under Cheney, Halliburton increases its offshore tax havens from 9 to 44, cutting its taxes from $302 million in 1998 to an $85 million refund in 1999. That's almost $400 million they took from taxpayers in one year.
4. During Cheney's tenure at Haliburton, Halliburton did business with countries like Azerbaijan, Indonesia, Iraq, Libya, Iran, and Nigeria even though the US had imposed strict sanctions on them. They skirted sanctions, and they lobbied against sanctions. Some of this business was illegal, and Halliburton was fined for it.
5. Spring 2000. Cheney heads Bush's Vice-Presidential Search committee --while continuing as CEO of Halliburton. He ends up picking himself as Vice President.
6. July 2000. Cheney is asked whether Halliburton or its subsidaries were trying to do business with Iraq. He says no; he had a firm policy that they wouldn't do anything in Iraq, even if it was legal. This was a blatant lie: subsidiaries sold over $73 million in oil-production parts to Iraq.
7. 2000. As CEO of Halliburton, Cheney clears $20 million in one year, after taxes.
8. July 2000. Cheney's severance package from Halliburton (as CEO) is far and above what other company officers got when they left --some say it is as high as $62 million in stocks and stock options.
9. December 2001. KBR (Halliburton subsidiary) is granted an open-ended contract for Army troops supply and Navy construction, wherever U.S. troops go, for the next 10 years (so far, Afghanistan, the Philippines, Yemen, Iraq). This unique contract has no ceiling on cost. KBR is reimbursed for every dollar spent plus a base fee of 1 percent, which guarantees profit. Plus, they can get a bonus as a percentage of company costs.
10. January 2003. Bush sends a letter to Congress exercising his authority, as president, to waive section 9007, thus removing sanctions and allowing assistance to oil-rich Azerbaijan (see point 4). This administration invites the head of Azerbaijan to the White House, even though this person was the main reason for earlier sanctions against Azerbaijan. Reason? Azerbaijan has oil.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Qatar doesn't have blood on their hands. Tell me ONE company that can do what Haliburton can do? Tell me how much Cheney made and how he made it? You have no answers to any of these, just you lies and opinions!
11. September 2003. Cheney states that when he became Vice President, he severed all ties with Halliburton, as required by law. This was a lie. Government accounting offices said that the compensation he continues to receive is a conflict of interest.
12. Dec 2003. Halliburton, without competitive bidding, is given a contract to restore the Iraqi oil sector. It is billed initially as a contract for putting out oil-well fires, something in which Halliburton has little expertise. It turns out that the contract is really for the full restoration of the oil business in Iraq. It is kept secret because of the "emergency conditions". It is one of the highest military logistics contracts in history.
13. June 2004. Cheney has said all along that he had no contact with government officials who coordinated Halliburtons many contracts with the military. A March 2003 Pentagon email refutes this claim. It says that action on a no-bid Halliburton contract to rebuild Iraq's oil industry was "coordinated" with Cheney's office. This has to do with a no-bid contract given to Halliburton for rebuilding Iraq.
14. August 2004. The SEC (Security Exchange Comission) levies a fine of $7.5 million on Halliburton for illegal accounting changes in 1998, when Cheney was CEO of Halliburton. Some people think that politics may have shielded Cheney and others from being held more accountable.
Serious doubts remain about whether a company with a record like Halliburton's should even be eligible to receive government contracts in the first place. This company has been accused of cost overruns, tax avoidance, and cooking the books and has a history of doing business in government-sanctioned countries like Iraq, Iran, and Libya. Many of Halliburton's no-bid contracts are allowed because of waivers by the Bush administration that allow government agencies to handpick companies for Iraqi reconstruction projects.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are all the hot guys in this town gay? =( (Jul '10) 53 min Guest 16
Imperial Theater (Aug '12) 2 hr Bill 133
best new name for Pochontas 4 hr funky chicken 36
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 12 hr Ancient DoDo 9,868
Flattered 12 hr Who 2
I said it!! 13 hr JJJ 22
Party Poppers (Oct '10) 20 hr Questions 69
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE