|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Having stated that I believe that a life without problem,s or worry would not be worth living.
Exactly.

Change your name back, it was a good one.
Danzig

Brämhult, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Danzig, while I agree with where you're coming from, it's a waste of your time expecting any converts among these cowboys. Hell they've still got cowshit on their Sunday boots.
Haha, ok. Well, shitty boots are ok, but crap in the mind makes things bad for all of us. Pretty funny when you think of it though, didn't Jesus advocate open-mindedness? I seems that the bible is in conflict with that, but then again, Jesus didn't write the bible. Maybe it was written by people with a different agenda than the truth?
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

To hell with this fiscal cliff deal, raise taxes on everyone.

Then later work on revenues with a new Congress.

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Ahhhh beer was good so was football game... Michgan sucked hehe!!!
what

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Same person who said that says this;
"and I think no one is below me but I don't pretend that their circumstances are not"
You saying poor people are not below you, but yet you say self reliance, "It's not in their makeup"
In other words, those "circumstances" which are below you, are self inflicted, by those who are not below you.
Seems as though your opinion changes depending on whom you are talking to.
No, he's saying liberals, like you, not poor people, fear the self reliant. Learn to comprehend what your are replying to before you post. Or did you purposefully mean to put words in someone's mouth?

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
If your going to quote me at least do it in the context in which I posted. I said "I will never have to go on food stamps and I think no one is below me but I don't pretend that their circumstances are not, for the most part, self inflicted" meaning their circumstances are, by in large, a result of poor life choices by the individual and not some external factor. Even though you are a liberal, I expected you to be better than the gutter tactics that the sleeziest on the left use. I guess not.
People and circumstances are two completely different things. No one person is better than another but choices people make can cause them to end up in situations where life is much harder than those who have made responsible life choices. Those that made responsible life choices should always be willing to help someone who has not, climb out of the hole they are in if the person that made the bad choices is willing to make the tough decisions it will take to overcome their current situation. If the person who is in a bad situation isn't willing to do what it takes to overcome their poor decisions then they should be allowed to waller in their pitty but they deserve no help. Before you go popping off about "what about this" or "what about that", I realize there are those circumstances that are beyond ones control like losing ones house in a fire or a husband dying that was the sole bread winner in a family leaving the wife a widow. Those are the individuals that NEED help and should recieve all the assistance they NEED. Noone that goes through something like that should have to go it alone. To take it a step farther, I would venture to say that if we eliminated the waste and abuse in the social programs we would have more than enough to take care of those that NEED assisstance. As it stands now, we have people that need help that "don't qualify" while others that are just lazy qualifying for every single government program on earth.
There you go again with that self righteous Malarkey.

"As it stands now, we have people that need help that "don't qualify" while others that are just lazy qualifying for every single government program on earth"

Just who give you the moral authority to make that call, where are your numbers you like to discuses so much, to give us some hard data to back up such a bold statement?

Tell you something else, if calling out a self righteous, lying, greedy, moniker named Reality Check is

"gutter tactics that the sleaziest on the left use"

then Barney II is 100% guilty.

The real person (the Liberal) behind Barney, will assume that the person behind R.C. is a better person than his moniker.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>No, he's saying liberals, like you, not poor people, fear the self reliant. Learn to comprehend what your are replying to before you post. Or did you purposefully mean to put words in someone's mouth?
Nope not putting words in "in someone's mouth"

but you sure as Hell just did by speaking for him.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with that self righteous Malarkey.
"As it stands now, we have people that need help that "don't qualify" while others that are just lazy qualifying for every single government program on earth"
Just who give you the moral authority to make that call, where are your numbers you like to discuses so much, to give us some hard data to back up such a bold statement?
Tell you something else, if calling out a self righteous, lying, greedy, moniker named Reality Check is
"gutter tactics that the sleaziest on the left use"
then Barney II is 100% guilty.
The real person (the Liberal) behind Barney, will assume that the person behind R.C. is a better person than his moniker.
I don't have moral authority in any situation nor do I want any. When you know people on both sides of the fence and their situation it then becomes a real fact and not some number on a piece of paper placed there by some person that has never seen the things he/she is quantifying. I don't know how much more real you want it. I know it suprises you that there are those that say they are suffering but are not. They are not financially wealthy by a long shot but their main goal in life is to not work and have someone else support them. If they can do that, and there are many that do, then they consider themselves successful because they think they are taking away from people that are super rich and making their lives harder and they will do ANYTHING to keep that lifestyle. Heck we had a tenant this past week get mad at us because we wouldn't lie to the government for her so she could get more money to afford a housed of ours. We even asked her flat out "you want us to lie about this?" and do you know what she said? She said "yea because I need to get them (the government) to get me the money.". When we said that we wouldn't lie for her because that was dishonest she looked at us like we were the ones that were the bad ones. If calling something like the instance above bad and immoral, or saying the same thing about the tenant I mentioned earlier, or the host of tenants I and many other land lords in Camden have that don't contribute anything to society makes me self rightous in your eyes then so be it. You, like many other liberals must live in a bubble that is insulated from the real world and just how ugly it really is. I wish your party wouldn't vote and make laws based on such unrealistic views but you continue to do so. I have told you several times that I don't affilliate myself with any party and I shape my world views on what I see yet you refuse to admit it because it doesn't fit your liberal fixed views. It's decision making from the shield of a bubble that one of the main things that's killing this country.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
He was just trying to articulate to you what everyone else but you read. It would have been silly for me to post that because I already said it in the post "what" was clarifying for you.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Redd wrote:
To hell with this fiscal cliff deal, raise taxes on everyone.
Then later work on revenues with a new Congress.
Volunteer your own money; NOT MINE!
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Volunteer your own money; NOT MINE!
Hard times require sacrifice, if you haven't profited from the Bush Jr. tax cut/2 war insanity by now, you never will.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

I am so proud Pres. Obama stands for the American people who elected him and against the obstructionists. We are in a new age. Keep up or get left behind. When we finish paying for Bush wars and tax cuts for his "base" we will again be a land of plenty. Moving on up.
tptb suck

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

We may live in a new age, but that doesn't mean me or many of us will accept that gracefully. We have let what happens happen and we have just went along with it, but that won't last much longer, I just about guarantee that. If you "progressives" such as Obama, George bush, the house, senate, and everyone who thinks that the power lays and needs to lay in the hands of our totalitarian government keep pushing us around and lording over us, we will not simply be idle forever. We will make you people regret what you have done to us for so long, and are intending to do to us.
what

Hawkins, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
So, at least you can admit when you don't know what you are talking about. I guess you have to start somewhere...

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>So, at least you can admit when you don't know what you are talking about. I guess you have to start somewhere...
Yes, BARNEYII has this amazing ability to be both a sucker and a liar at the same time as has been proven on countless occasions and this appears to be yet another one of those occasions.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

tptb suck wrote:
If you "progressives" such as Obama, George bush, the house, senate, and everyone who thinks that the power lays and needs to lay in the hands of our totalitarian government keep pushing us around and lording over us, we will not simply be idle forever. We will make you people regret what you have done to us for so long, and are intending to do to us.
Go for it Big Boy, I hear a lot of blustering, a lot of posturing, but no action.

BTW, you have no idea what a actual totalitarian government really is if you think that is what America has become.

totalitarianism - dictatorship: a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.).

Just another convenient by-word for a bunch of reactionary malcontents.
tptb suck

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

" you have no idea what a actual totalitarian government really is if you think that is what America has become.

totalitarianism - dictatorship: a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)."

Wrong. The people will do it when they become awakened to the fact that our founding fathers didn't want this for our country, not to mention we are so far away from what we started as that we wouldn't even be recognizable as the same country if we didn't still posture under the same name.

A totalitarian government is a government in which the state holds full authority over all aspects of the public and private lives of its citizens, wherever it feels is necessary. Executive order 13603. Obamacare. The new gun legislation. All the taxes we pay that don't benefit us or anyone else I know in the slightest. Is it not becoming obvious?! But it doesn't matter, we won the first american revolution with 3% of the population, and we can take back our country once again, whether violently or not, with a small amount of the population. Hell, less than the top 1% is running the country, so I have no doubt that, should enough of the population see what is going on and be awakened to their world, we can take back our nation. And when we are put under the government's boot heel, it is of no consequence whether or not it is the left boot or the right boot, it will still squeeze the life out of us.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

tptb suck wrote:
" you have no idea what a actual totalitarian government really is if you think that is what America has become.
totalitarianism - dictatorship: a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)."
Wrong. The people will do it when they become awakened to the fact that our founding fathers didn't want this for our country, not to mention we are so far away from what we started as that we wouldn't even be recognizable as the same country if we didn't still posture under the same name.
A totalitarian government is a government in which the state holds full authority over all aspects of the public and private lives of its citizens, wherever it feels is necessary. Executive order 13603. Obamacare. The new gun legislation. All the taxes we pay that don't benefit us or anyone else I know in the slightest. Is it not becoming obvious?! But it doesn't matter, we won the first american revolution with 3% of the population, and we can take back our country once again, whether violently or not, with a small amount of the population. Hell, less than the top 1% is running the country, so I have no doubt that, should enough of the population see what is going on and be awakened to their world, we can take back our nation. And when we are put under the government's boot heel, it is of no consequence whether or not it is the left boot or the right boot, it will still squeeze the life out of us.
I know that it is hard to fathom, but the British Army in 1775 was manned by 36,000 men worldwide, the number of British and German troops stationed in North America was over 60,000, although these were spread from Canada to Florida.

About 250,000 men served as regulars or as militiamen for the Revolutionary cause in the eight years of the war, but there were never more than 90,000 men under arms at one time.

And you don't know squat about what our founding fathers wanted for our country, only what you want for this Country.

I would imagine the Founder's would be somewhat surprised that we still existed as a Nation, they more apt to believe some inner turmoil, such as you support, would have destroyed their creation.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
He was just trying to articulate to you what everyone else but you read. It would have been silly for me to post that because I already said it in the post "what" was clarifying for you.
You did post it.

What he does not understand and you to obviously,

I was saying your comments were hypocritical.

tptb suck

Heber Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

This conversation isn't getting anywhere because it is impossible to change the minds of those government following sheep that want to follow and believe what they are told, without question, from the overlords you seem to think deserve all the power in this country. You are a fool. Not because you agree with the government, but because you refuse to question them or their motives.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,961 - 18,980 of27,899
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
guy at Wendy's 2 hr guest 2
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 5 hr cookie monster 9,712
Pocahontas Auction 9 hr Guest 4
Hispanic Radio Station Coming To Town 10 hr Juan 10
Mark Bradly Arrested 12 hr Guest 3
5 rivers medical center Wed hmm 67
Poultry Processor Bringing 1,000 Jobs to Randol... Wed guest 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
•••